Steroid Admission

Tex44

Awards
Your defiantly one of those gossip dudes, who cares!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How is this gossip? Ken Shamrock admitted to his usage on TV. How many athletes openly admit to AAS usage?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
He is interested in the sport. Naturally, considering this is the MMA section, others who are interested in the sport care as well.

And he is "defiantly" one of those "gossip dudes," ha? As in: he has been told not to and does it anyway?

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
most are on gear. and maybe some pull out of fights because they wont pass test, are injured cuz they used to take roids or injured cuz they dont take roids and never did hahaha! so i think that with the testing as far out as it is, is fine for me. if they use a few months before their fight whatever.

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
I think that video was the dumbest thing I have ever seen. Steroids can't make you better at MMA. Fighting is about technique. Sure strength helps, but superior technique almost always wins. There are some occasions it doesn't. Sure steroids can help your body recover faster, so you can train harder and more often; but at the end of the day if your actual technique doesn't improve you've gained nothing. MMA isn't power lifting where you just throw weights up. It's the use of functional strength which is completely different.

Now of course you take a guy with incredible technique, and he also takes steroids....then that is a different arguement. But to say that 50% on the low end take them, is a joke.

To say guys pull out of fights because they won't pass the drug test is also an ignorant comment. Guys who fight professionaly do it as their career, not for fun. They wouldn't pass up an opportunity to put food on their plate.

Steroid detection times obviously range from a couple days to months, and even past a year. To be fair the UFC has stricter steroid and drug testing then any other professional sport in the United States and most likely in the world.

In the end, what each individual choses to do to become "better" is up to them. Steroids or not, it takes a whole lot more then that to get in the cage and be successfull. I still find it humerous how people automatically assume because some takes steroids they are going to be superhuman. It's not easy even on roids to gain the strength and power; it still comes down to diet and dedication.

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
What "roids" have you taken?
that further proves my point that you do not know wtf you are talking about. Without working out correctly, eating properly, and mainting discipline your gains will be minimal.

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
that further proves my point that you do not know wtf you are talking about. Without working out correctly, eating properly, and mainting discipline your gains will be minimal.
True.

But remember it's not always just about raw strength and technique.

Some steroids like EQ significantly raise your red blood cell count without you even trying to do so. They make you last longer in the fight, they improve your cardio with minimal cardio training.

It's these steroids that I deem more powerful when it comes to MMA. That give someone a "significant" edge over another.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
What "roids" have you taken?
Bro you could inject or pop any oral you wanted, you have to bust ass in the gym and with your diet to help steroids help YOU! If it was truly pop and gain, a lot more people would be "on"

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
^^^^^^^^^^^^The magic pill..........lol

MMA fighters on roids?

NO. Say it isnt so.

Never seen that coming.

:)

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
the magic pill..........lol

MMA fighters on roids?

NO. Say it isnt so.

Never seen that coming.

:)

You mean they can give you the edge in competition sports???

:shocked1:

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
True.

But remember it's not always just about raw strength and technique.

Some steroids like EQ significantly raise your red blood cell count without you even trying to do so. They make you last longer in the fight, they improve your cardio with minimal cardio training.

It's these steroids that I deem more powerful when it comes to MMA. That give someone a "significant" edge over another.
EQ does not help that much with cardio...I've taken it for 15 weeks straight. I did notice a little difference, but nothing that would allow me to go an extra round or anything.

And in fighting, it's all about technique.

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
EQ was just an example... there's some really powerful ones. That one protein I forget it's name but it will make your cardio WAY better no doubt about it.

It's not ALL about technique btw.

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
EQ was just an example... there's some really powerful ones. That one protein I forget it's name but it will make your cardio WAY better no doubt about it.

It's not ALL about technique btw.
It's like 95% technique. I train on a daily basis and actually do fight. Regardless of anything else if you know the counters and the leverage you win.....besides the super quick ko's...any actual fight relies mostly on technique.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
i heard the drug of choice is Flintstones vitamins and celltech

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
It's like 95% technique. I train on a daily basis and actually do fight. Regardless of anything else if you know the counters and the leverage you win.....besides the super quick ko's...any actual fight relies mostly on technique.
1st how would you know, have you ever taken them. 2nd that extra 5% is what can seperate the good from the average or the elite from the good 5% is a big advantage in competition.

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
1st how would you know, have you ever taken them. 2nd that extra 5% is what can seperate the good from the average or the elite from the good 5% is a big advantage in competition.
There are other things involved besides techinique and strength.....Obviously you feel strength is superior to everything and that shows your ignorance to the sport.

805bgtymer

Awards
dude, trust that if your taking ped's your gonna have an edge. Your reflexes are quicker and your muscles are stronger. There is a reason there banned in sports, its cause they work really well and cause an unfair advantage to the people who are using them. If you put to fighters that are close in talent as well as skill and one takes roids and the other doesn't the fighter that cheats has signifcantly increased his chances of winning. Now nobody is saying they make u invincible cus a shot on the chin will bring anybody down but they help, alot.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
There are other things involved besides techinique and strength.....Obviously you feel strength is superior to everything and that shows your ignorance to the sport.
You didnt read my post at all did you?

lets go back to what you posted

It's like 95% technique.
That last 5% can be what seperates the really great athletes from the good ones. What Im saying is 5% is a big advantage in pro sports. Dont jump on your soap box and get all hurt over the idea that people in the sport you like or compete in might take steroids and that some of those guys could be gaining that extra edge from them. That doesnt make the sport any less legitimate. I also believe that someone already stated that steroids or other banned substances do more than add strength. Now dont take this as me stating that i think every top MMA fighter is taking steroids , Im not.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The most important part of AAS is the CNS recovery. You can train for much longer and much harder because your recovery is so much better. Training for 30-40 hrs/week takes a hell of a toll on the body and they're often on calorically restricted diets. If anyone really thinks that they don't make a difference, then they absolutely zero idea what they're talking about.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
The list of how steroids can help u in MMA is endless. That guy up there is a chump. He odesnt know anything. It is really going to help an older guy as well.

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
according to MMAWEEKLY.COM Shane Carwin may have taken roids in a case involving a steroid distributor.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=12324&zoneid=13
that was summarized from another article. The "evidence" says steroids were shipped with the label "S.C." and as a professional fighter. Also says those stopped I believe in like 2006. Carwin was just tested for steroids in his fight against Lesnar. NOt saying that he never took them, or didn't take them b4 the lesnar fight. But if you don't read the entire article it makes him look a lot more guilty.

Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established
Yeah they contacted Carwins manager on saturday, supposedly he is gonna come out with a statement about the whole thing sometime soon. So we will see what happens then. Im not saying hes using anything now or that he has ever but at the same time this sort of thing does not surprise me at all.

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
Yeah they contacted Carwins manager on saturday, supposedly he is gonna come out with a statement about the whole thing sometime soon. So we will see what happens then. Im not saying hes using anything now or that he has ever but at the same time this sort of thing does not surprise me at all.
yea I mean either way..this **** is from 2006...not even present....

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
that was summarized from another article. The "evidence" says steroids were shipped with the label "S.C." and as a professional fighter. Also says those stopped I believe in like 2006. Carwin was just tested for steroids in his fight against Lesnar. NOt saying that he never took them, or didn't take them b4 the lesnar fight. But if you don't read the entire article it makes him look a lot more guilty.
Yeah dude I really dont care if he used and no freakin sh!t they get tested all the time. NO big name guy especially anyone from Greg Jacksons camp is going to test positive. It doesnt matter so many have used he most likely havnt done it forever. It does not take away anything he has done in the UFC. Dont believe everything you read. I am just pointing it out that somethingm ight come of this.

Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established
Another thing to think about is HGH use, which the UFC doesnt test for yet. If someone had access to all that they probably know where to get HGH. Im not trying to take anything away from him we dont even know if he really was juicing or not but if he was than one could say he probably would not be as big and strong as he is today which is basically his main advantage in the division. Oh well its not like there arnt others who have juiced before and id be willing to be some are on growth hormone right now. Carwin is still a beast.

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
Yeah dude I really dont care if he used and no freakin sh!t they get tested all the time. NO big name guy especially anyone from Greg Jacksons camp is going to test positive. It doesnt matter so many have used he most likely havnt done it forever. It does not take away anything he has done in the UFC. Dont believe everything you read. I am just pointing it out that somethingm ight come of this.
nothing can come of it b/c there is no proof. Also, in order for him to be charged he has to be caught in possession of it.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
yeah its just really funny. I think the UFC does test got GH but not as rapidly as others. maybe they do 2-4 tests before a fight. you need to test more frequently for that. even if its just speculation it just shows that because this stuff is around the pressure to use to make it to the top level by using drugs is huge. I could care less I gave up caring on all sports who has used in the past. If guys are still using its pretty lame and if they get caught even lamer(usually means they did higher doses or closer to a fight) we all know this is the PED era. He is still one of my top 5 favorite fighters.

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
at the end of the day though...UFC does more testing then anyother organization. If you can get an advantage from something people are going to use it regardless....