Lesnar VS Carwin - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 3

Lesnar VS Carwin

Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
  1. AI Sports Nutrition

Fight is not till July 3???
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition

2. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

He always has been a bit off when it comes to MMA...
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  3. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by luclyluciano View Post
    Tonight's the big night!
    Something about these two giant powerhouses clashing makes me more excited than any other fight I have ever seen.

ok buddy, let us know who wins tomorrow
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.

i'm pulling for shane on this one, i can't stand lesnar, the way he talks, looks, fights...he just comes off as a total d-bag, so for that alone i hope carwin knocks him out cold and lesnar loses his attitude or even his will to fight
  5. AI Sports Nutrition

Quote Originally Posted by Young Gotti View Post
    i'm pulling for shane on this one, i can't stand lesnar, the way he talks, looks, fights...he just comes off as a total d-bag, so for that alone i hope carwin knocks him out cold and lesnar loses his attitude or even his will to fight
    It is called selling tickets. Brock lives a simple life on a farm when not fighting. The doctor who treated Brock said his condition said he had been fight with that condition for a while. They say he was losing 40% of what he could really do. Now alot of that is hype but if the condition hindered him at all in those other fights that could be a nightmare for the rest of the fighters. I also think bringing Coture in to help him identify weak spots he can work on has probably helped a ton. I think it is going to be a great fight. Carwin needs to stay up and land a bomb. If Brocks get's him to the ground it is over.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.

great idea to bring in Randy. One of the only smart things Lesner has said was how he respects randy. He knows randy is better but could not over come that size difference. I am glad to see this because Carwins camp is pretty good.
  7. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteguy29 View Post
    great idea to bring in Randy. One of the only smart things Lesner has said was how he respects randy. He knows randy is better but could not over come that size difference. I am glad to see this because Carwins camp is pretty good.
    Since it's been mentioned, the camp topic is not stressed enough. I know that Jackson/Wittman are fantastic trainers, but the bulk, or, in this case, lack thereof, of the fighters are LHW and under. That's cool if you're GSP, but not good if you're Carwin preparing for Lesnar. While Carwin has more of a stalking, hulking style, Lesnar is something that cannot be replicated.

I truly believe that the size and, mostly, athleticism of Lesnar is going to throw off Carwin. There's always the KO chance, but I believe that is the only chance for Carwin in this fight.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  8. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

I would definitely agree there, Rodja.

As you said, Trevor Wittman, Greg Jackson - and we should mention Phil Nurse - have formed the Grudge/Jackson's Submission meta-camp into probably the best strategic camp in MMA. But as you said, James "I Apply for Appeals Because I Suck" McSweeney and Brendan Schaub are not top-tier HWs to train with.

Lesnar, on the other hand, has Madsen, Konrad, "Gonzaga Killed My Testes," and the like to at least present physical challenges. And in terms of strategy and training, Marty Morgan, Erik Paulson and Greg Nelson are pretty adept at maximizing wrestlers' full potential skill-sets.
  9. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

This is an overall rough matchup for Shane. Lesnar is as rare an athlete as there is in the sport. Shane will always have a ko chance against anyone, however Shane's size is not going to be an issue against someone like Brock.

I would be curious to see if Shane could put Brock on his back (I dont see it happening)
  10. AI Sports Nutrition

Ask Mir if Lesnar lost any attitude in the second fight. BTW did anyone see Fedor fight where he tapped out?
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

if not Carwin, then who do you guys think CAN beat lesnar??? a silverback gorilla? a man with a knife? a nasty case of gyno???
  12. AI Sports Nutrition

Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    if not Carwin, then who do you guys think CAN beat lesnar??? a silverback gorilla? a man with a knife? a nasty case of gyno???

If he get's more polished it will be another WWE guy who has the best chance. They are basically the same in size, strength and athletic ability.

Mixed martial arts record
    Professional record breakdown
    5 matches 5 wins 0 losses
    By knockout 2 0
    By submission 2 0
    By decision 1 0
    Result Record Opponent Method Event Date Round Time Location Notes
    Win 5-0 Wes Sims TKO (Strikes) Strikeforce: Miami 02010-01-30 January 30, 2010 1 2:06 Sunrise, Florida
    Win 4-0 Bob Sapp Submission (Punches) Ultimate Chaos: Lashley vs. Sapp 02009-06-27 June 27, 2009 1 3:17 Biloxi, Mississippi
    Win 3-0 Mike Cook Submission (Guillotine Choke) MFC 21: Hard Knocks 02009-05-15 May 15, 2009 1 0:24 Edmonton, Alberta
    Win 2-0 Jason Guida Decision (Unanimous) SRP: March Badness 02009-03-21 March 21, 2009 3 5:00 Pensacola, Florida
    Winx 1-0 Joshua Franklin TKO (Cut) MFA: There Will Be Blood 02008-12-13 December 13, 2008 1 0:41 Miami, Florida MMA debut

Bobby Lashley Stats:
    Height 6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)
    Weight 252 lb (114 kg)
  13. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Here is the issue that I see with Lashley, and Jas123, Volcom and Rodja have all touched on it in the past: Lesnar is a natural HW in the strictest sense, whereas Lashley wrestled at MW in University, I believe.

The biomechanical difference in bone strength, the body's response to energy demands and so forth are going to be significant, as Brock's body is used to being 265+ lbs from the start, whereas Lashley's may not be. That is a big separator between the two, though that may be just my opinion.
  14. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Here is the issue that I see with Lashley, and Jas123, Volcom and Rodja have all touched on it in the past: Lesnar is a natural HW in the strictest sense, whereas Lashley wrestled at MW in University, I believe.

The biomechanical difference in bone strength, the body's response to energy demands and so forth are going to be significant, as Brock's body is used to being 265+ lbs from the start, whereas Lashley's may not be. That is a big separator between the two, though that may be just my opinion.
    I haven't been able to find solid information about this, but I believe the same applies to Carwin, albeit not to the same extent. He played LB during his college football days, while also wrestling. Now, considering normal size for LBs, they puts Carwin in the 240-250 range during those years. Walking around at 280-290 is a huge jump for Carwin, but he does have a much larger frame than Lashley.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  15. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.

whats lesnar's bodyfat %? it has to be higher than carwins, so even though carwins cardio is not tested, lesnar might gas way before shane does if it ends up going that far....he may be an athlete but he's carrying a lot of excess weight around

and i just read they banned vuvuzela's from the event, ultimate disapointment
  16. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

whats lesnar's bodyfat %? it has to be higher than carwins, so even though carwins cardio is not tested, lesnar might gas way before shane does if it ends up going that far....he may be an athlete but he's carrying a lot of excess weight around

and i just read they banned vuvuzela's from the event, ultimate disapointment
    Lesnar, until recently, was not one to be meticulous with his diet. However, he is said to be in better shape than previously. Also, the whole "not-shredded=bad gas tank" thing is completely outlandish.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  17. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Lesnar, until recently, was not one to be meticulous with his diet. However, he is said to be in better shape than previously. Also, the whole "not-shredded=bad gas tank" thing is completely outlandish.
    There are several "not shreeded guys" who dont gas. From all I have read Lesnar is in ridiculous shape and very healthy with his diet....as he needs to be at this point.
  18. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    just read something saying something about him being 9% but also mentions him in the WWE, and if u look at him in the wwe he was pretty ripped compared to what he is now...so i have trouble believeing that an extra 10-20lbs of either muscle or fat will not play a factor in his endurance...any extra weight your carrying around has to play some sort of role on things
  19. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Gotta be honest, I would be floored if this fight goes more than 2 rounds.
  20. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    Gotta be honest, I would be floored if this fight goes more than 2 rounds.
    i agree with that
  21. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

just read something saying something about him being 9% but also mentions him in the WWE, and if u look at him in the wwe he was pretty ripped compared to what he is now...so i have trouble believeing that an extra 10-20lbs of either muscle or fat will not play a factor in his endurance...any extra weight your carrying around has to play some sort of role on things
    He's much lighter now than he was while in the WWE. It's impossible to say what ratio of LBM:BF that was either.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  22. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

If he was of similar size, but leaner, this means he actually had additional lean mass that would have created a higher oxidative demand. This means that, technically, he would have gassed earlier.

Brock is a tremendous athlete, and while we have only seen him go three rounds, I doubt conditioning will be his achilles.
  23. New Member

Maybe a gorilla with a nasty case of gyno.
  24. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  187 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by pembroke3355 View Post
    Ask Mir if Lesnar lost any attitude in the second fight. BTW did anyone see Fedor fight where he tapped out?
    Heh heh , pretty nice wasn't it ? Got back a little bit of the money I lost on Arlovski/Fedor
    If it stays standing Shane will eventually catch him , knock him down (but I don't think out ) and then get a TKO via punches at the end of the first . If Lesnar gets the TD he will win via Frank Mir poundfaceintoburgers in the middle of the second . Aside from the college wrestling , bodyweight/fat , experience , attitude arguements that can be made , I think both these men have improved their overall MMA games to where neither of my aformentioned scenarios would be the least bit surprising . Now a sub victory for either would be f'n unexpected- to me at least . My money will be on Shane .
    Oh yeah and Mullet ; very nice list . Ive been wanting Melendez in the octogon for a while .
  25. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.

i had a dream last night that lesnar beat the hall out of shogun rua and rua had to escape out of the cage door during mid fight.

totally random but i think its an omen or sumtin lol.

o and lashley is using roids. brock is not,
    Last edited by Jake Fires; 07-01-2010 at 08:41 AM. Reason: more
  26. AI Sports Nutrition

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Fires View Post
    i had a dream last night that lesnar beat the hall out of shogun rua and rua had to escape out of the cage door during mid fight.

totally random but i think its an omen or sumtin lol.

o and lashley is using roids. brock is not,
    One of Lashley fights had to be cancelled because his challenger tested positive for steriods. It appears that strikeforce does test. Does not have to be roids anymore there has been a shift to IGF 1-LR3 it cannot be detected as it never enters the blood stream the only way to detect it is by muscle biopsy and that cannot not done even in the olympics.
  27. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

LOL. I'm not cosigning the sentiments of the post, but that was a funny @$$ post
    NSCA - CSCS
  28. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Physically, when we're talking superior strength, power, movement, energy system..... Lesnar is certainly superior to Carwin. That's something I'm 100% confident about, but physical superiority at super HW is no defense against a solid punch. Obviously I favor Lesnar, but it's not just subjective fanaticism, but from an objective point of view, Lesnar is the superior physical specimen and not only in a strict physicality sense, but theoretically, in a technical (wrestling) sense as well. However, I also recognize Carwin can drop him at any moment IIIIFFFF he connects (and vice versa, but to an arguably lesser extent). I don't think Lesnar is invincible and even if he does get beat, it doesn't negate the facts surrounding his VERY rare combination of size & athleticism.

I think Carwin has suffered both extremes of under-hype and over-hype. He's been mostly under hyped (though not necessarily underrated), up until his performance against Mir, where, I think too many people looked at that fight as a measure of how Carwin would perform against other HW's (Lesnar to be specific.) When in truth, though Mir and Lesnar are both HW's, they are also completely different monsters. I'd almost liken it to Bret Rogers performance against Fedor vs Bret Rogers performance against Overeem. Rogers received a ton of praise and hype for lasting against Fedor and doing legitimate damage, so the thinking was, if Bret Rogers can last against Fedor, he will also perform well or even man handle Overeem with KO power and we all saw how Overeem tickled Rogers' booty hole.

I think a lot of the same applications are being made here for Carwin's performance against Mir, being overly used as a measure of his potential against Lesnar. Provided that may be a predictor sometimes, but fighters usually move on to opponents with varying technical ability, not a completely different beast of an opponent altogether, which is what moving from Mir to Lesnar is like.

I certainly believe anything can happen, especially after this Strike Force weekend. I don't rule anything out, I'm hoping for a Lesnar victory, but I've said this time and again, the top brutes of the UFC HW division can all knock each other out with a good opportunity and a square punch, so even all of Brock's advantages won't deter that fact, imho.
    NSCA - CSCS
  29. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  212 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Physically, when we're talking superior strength, power, movement, energy system..... Lesnar is certainly superior to Carwin. That's something I'm 100% confident about, but physical superiority at super HW is no defense against a solid punch. Obviously I favor Lesnar, but it's not just subjective fanaticism, but from an objective point of view, Lesnar is the superior physical specimen and not only in a strict physicality sense, but theoretically, in a technical (wrestling) sense as well. However, I also recognize Carwin can drop him at any moment IIIIFFFF he connects (and vice versa, but to an arguably lesser extent). I don't think Lesnar is invincible and even if he does get beat, it doesn't negate the facts surrounding his VERY rare combination of size & athleticism.

I think Carwin has suffered both extremes of under-hype and over-hype. He's been mostly under hyped (though not necessarily underrated), up until his performance against Mir, where, I think too many people looked at that fight as a measure of how Carwin would perform against other HW's (Lesnar to be specific.) When in truth, though Mir and Lesnar are both HW's, they are also completely different monsters. I'd almost liken it to Bret Rogers performance against Fedor vs Bret Rogers performance against Overeem. Rogers received a ton of praise and hype for lasting against Fedor and doing legitimate damage, so the thinking was, if Bret Rogers can last against Fedor, he will also perform well or even man handle Overeem with KO power and we all saw how Overeem tickled Rogers' booty hole.

I think a lot of the same applications are being made here for Carwin's performance against Mir, being overly used as a measure of his potential against Lesnar. Provided that may be a predictor sometimes, but fighters usually move on to opponents with varying technical ability, not a completely different beast of an opponent altogether, which is what moving from Mir to Lesnar is like.

I certainly believe anything can happen, especially after this Strike Force weekend. I don't rule anything out, I'm hoping for a Lesnar victory, but I've said this time and again, the top brutes of the UFC HW division can all knock each other out with a good opportunity and a square punch, so even all of Brock's advantages won't deter that fact, imho.
    gotta agree with that. In addition, I though Carwin was much larger than when I saw him standing next to Mir. I don't really buy into the vast difference people seem to believe there is between D1 and D2 wrestling from watching friends wrestle each other and others from other divisions. That being said, I the physical strenght, power, and speed of Lesnar is unprecedented and no matter how athletic Carwin is, I just don't see him being able to do backflips off the top rope in the WWE. We are all praising Carwin's stand up, mostly because of his punching power. I would definitely give that advantage to Carwin, not because I feel he has more power, but because he has knocked so many people out; he has that comfort level and confidence on his feet that Brock hasn't had enough experience standing up to develop. I'm hoping this doesn't turn into a wrestling match, but I could also see that happening as well. At least we can be sure we aren't going to see a submission on Saturday.
  30. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  212 lbs.

pardon the misspellings and missing words... my keyboard sucks as much as Dana does to GSP on a slow Tuesday
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.

Weird!? I don't know what I was thinking about whe I typed the first line. Don't even remember typing that line and I certainly knew it wasn't fight day. Sorry for the Brain Fart!
    Tonight's the big night!
    Something about these two giant powerhouses clashing makes me more excited than any other fight I have ever seen.
  32. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Weird!? I don't know what I was thinking about whe I typed the first line. Don't even remember typing that line and I certainly knew it wasn't fight day. Sorry for the Brain Fart!
    I thought the Rampage/Rashad fight was happening a week prior to the actual event. I would have ended up at the sports bar we usually watch them at with some friends, had something else not come up. We would have been gathered to watch some baseball game that night, I'm sure
    NSCA - CSCS
  33. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Haha its ok it made for a good chuckle. Wrong day of the week though so
  34. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.

(now I can say it)

HEY!!! TONIGHT IS THE BIG NIGHT!!!!!

Make your pick!

I say Carwin by inside strikes.
  35. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

I say Lesnar by tko early in rd2 (GnP stoppage)

I will say this, I can see Carwin ko'ing him (in fact thats what I want to see). However, if Carwin cant beathim....I honestly have no idea who will
  36. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    I say Lesnar by tko early in rd2 (GnP stoppage)

I will say this, I can see Carwin ko'ing him (in fact thats what I want to see). However, if Carwin cant beathim....I honestly have no idea who will
    I agree, to a certain extent. If Carwin does not beat him, to me, Lesner will be the one that dictates when he will lose. Someone will lock that ogre up and make him tap (again) at some point because Lesner will rush in to something to quickly. This is just my opinion, though.
  37. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

today will be quite telling. I think Lesnar will be patient and has learned greatly from the mistake from teh first Mir fight. I see the only way to beat him is a ko (still dont know how his chin is)
  38. New Member

Brock definately looks leaner for this fight which is great for him, theres no reason he needs to be 280+ on fight night. The extra weight is just water and or fat and does nothing for his speed or power.(no physics lessons on "mass" and momentum please...you know what I meant)

BTW, from the look on Dana's face is there any mystery who he wants to win tonight?
    Attached Images Attached Images
  39. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vtaper View Post
    BTW, from the look on Dana's face is there any mystery who he wants to win tonight?

Dude, he looked at both in that exact same manner.
  40. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.

Been watching highlights of both fighters. I really wanted
    Lesnar to win because of athleticism/speed/power, feeling he'd make the better champ but Carwin's hand speed & striking is sick. Much more effective striking.
    Lesnar's striking looks very sloppy in comparison.

So now I say, may the best man win, hoping the best of both fighters shows up tonight.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-21-2010, 12:18 PM
  2. UFC 105 Lesner vs. Carwin
    By bigwhiteguy29 in forum MMA
    Replies: 254
    Last Post: 11-01-2009, 11:47 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-04-2009, 02:14 PM
  4. my thoughts on lesnar
    By Bendiesel in forum MMA