Lesnar VS Carwin - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

Lesnar VS Carwin

Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
  1. Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27063

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by luclyluciano View Post
    This is not a wrestling match
    Do you watch much MMA as of late, or ever? Haha.

  2. Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,008
    Rep Power
    917970

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Another thing about the wrestling issue: Lesnar's training partners are much larger and accredited wrestlers than Carwin's.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  3. Tomahawk88's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    9,005
    Rep Power
    629264

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by luclyluciano View Post
    This is not a wrestling match, so the differences will mean little. I still say Lesnar has to suffer ring rust due to illness/surgery which means we will probably see a rematch.
    I gurantee u Lesnar goes to takedown Carwin pretty damn quick.
    •   
       

  4. A_I_Sports_Nutrition's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    12,581
    Rep Power
    6934

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    I gurantee u Lesnar goes to takedown Carwin pretty damn quick.
    I agree and if he does it is goodbye Carwin. If Lesnar does not take him down he risks getting knocked out.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition
  5. AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,385
    Rep Power
    956431

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by pembroke3355 View Post
    I agree and if he does it is goodbye Carwin. If Lesnar does not take him down he risks getting knocked out.
    Agreed, this could look a lot like Lesnar Mir II or Carwin/Mir dpeending on who can institute their game plan first
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  6. Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,008
    Rep Power
    917970

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    Agreed, this could look a lot like Lesnar Mir II or Carwin/Mir dpeending on who can institute their game plan first
    This is more than likely the determining factor.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  7. AntonG42O's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,316
    Rep Power
    3788

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Vtaper View Post
    This is why I questioned it in the first place, Carwin stayed involved in college wrestling(coaching)through 04', then started fighting professionally in 05'. Lesnar had a 6 year hiatus while he pursued the WWE and football.

    I know the differences between D 1 and D 2 are huge; I am simply suggesting that what they did between 2000-2006 MAY have allowed Carwin to close that gap a little. But as I stated before, this all stemmed from an erroneous fact: that they were the same size.

    Now that Lesnar brings what I would call a significant size advantage, I retract my statements about the wrestling not being as big of an issue. Either way, its going to be thrilling fight that either guy could end in seconds. Im still taking Carwin 2nd rd KO.
    Dont forget that during that 6 year hiatus Brock juiced his a$$ off, especially in WWE. everyone knows it, whoever thinks he didnt is naive. whether that made a difference towards making him an even more powerful manchild, i dont know, but im leaning towards yes.
  8. A_I_Sports_Nutrition's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    12,581
    Rep Power
    6934

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    Dont forget that during that 6 year hiatus Brock juiced his a$$ off, especially in WWE. everyone knows it, whoever thinks he didnt is naive. whether that made a difference towards making him an even more powerful manchild, i dont know, but im leaning towards yes.
    And no other MMA pro has not juiced in the past. If you believe that then your naive. HGH is still not detectable nor can you detect some of the peptides that are out now IGF-1 LR3 as a example. Lesnar was a beast is high school. There is no question that he has used stuff but I also have no doubt that 85-90% of the current pro have or still are using PEDS. Here is a pic of him in college where he was tested many times for steriods.

    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition
  9. VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78135

    Reputation Reputation

    My friend who fights has had a two personal encounters with a seller (who is actually a pro card holding bodybuilder) on their way to Xtreme Couture. That doesn't directly implicate anything or anyone, but he doesn't go to Xtreme Couture with his goods just to say hello. (Primarily selling Anavar to be exact).

    I can't speak for anywhere else, but even the amateur circuits around L.A. are roid & growth infected. Hell, even the BJJ tournament circuits are roid & growth infected (around here).
    NSCA - CSCS
  10. Rustysballs's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    64
    Rep Power
    109

    Reputation

    Thats funny,because I heard the same thing about Xtreme Couture...actually about most MMA fighters.
  11. Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,008
    Rep Power
    917970

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I know there is a ton of usage here in TX. It's also partially because they're ignorant to what they are; I saw 1 fighter take 3-4 HD before a fight and thought it was just a test booster.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  12. jcross's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    86

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I know there is a ton of usage here in TX. It's also partially because they're ignorant to what they are; I saw 1 fighter take 3-4 HD before a fight and thought it was just a test booster.


    Was it our mongolian beef buddy? Haha
  13. Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,008
    Rep Power
    917970

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by jcross View Post
    Was it our mongolian beef buddy? Haha
    That was in the land of loaded gloves AKA Louisiana.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  14. sonofsteven's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Age
    30
    Posts
    259
    Rep Power
    197

    Reputation

    I've been reffering to Carwin as The Brockslayer for a long time now and am not about to stop Lesnar said he was "seeing tweety birds" after one of the shots he took from Mir . I think it was an uppercut and Carwin hits waaay harder than Mir . Brock will go to sleep in the first round and Shane's cardio will still go untested .
    Forgive me if I'm way off base about this but isn't the only difference between the aforementioned wrestling divisions school size ? More students - "better" division ?
    I like Cain's tat , no harm in rep'ing your heritage . Also I support Lyle "Fancypants" Beerholm's White Pride chest banner . I am white and very happy with it . Granted I am not self-admitted-reformed-skinhead-who-puts-a-large-bandaid-over-his-swastika-tat-during-his-fights . But there is also the fact that there is an extremely violent streetgang out west who call themselves Brown Pride . Got to look a little deeper sometimes I say .
  15. Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27063

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by sonofsteven View Post
    Forgive me if I'm way off base about this but isn't the only difference between the aforementioned wrestling divisions school size ? More students - "better" division ?
    No, the only difference is a massive divergence in talent. Haha.

    Seriously, though: teams that would traditionally qualify for "DII" status viz., size can play in the DI just so long as they recruit properly and perform. Really cannot stress the sheer difference in talent between a DI and DII school. Absolutely massive.
  16. texaswolf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  300 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Age
    5
    Posts
    469
    Rep Power
    301

    Reputation

    Division 1 teams have to sponsor at least 7 sports for men and 7 for women. To play at the D-1A level it's mostly about attendance requirements in football. 30,000 permanent seats in their stadium and average 17,000 per home game or 20,000 average of all football games in the last four years.

    Division 2 has to sponsor at least 4 and 4 sports for men and women.

    Obviously the talent gets progressively worse as you go from D-1A to D-1AA and D2 on down.
  17. VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78135

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by sonofsteven View Post
    I've been reffering to Carwin as The Brockslayer for a long time now and am not about to stop Lesnar said he was "seeing tweety birds" after one of the shots he took from Mir . I think it was an uppercut and Carwin hits waaay harder than Mir . Brock will go to sleep in the first round and Shane's cardio will still go untested .
    Forgive me if I'm way off base about this but isn't the only difference between the aforementioned wrestling divisions school size ? More students - "better" division ?
    I like Cain's tat , no harm in rep'ing your heritage . Also I support Lyle "Fancypants" Beerholm's White Pride chest banner . I am white and very happy with it . Granted I am not self-admitted-reformed-skinhead-who-puts-a-large-bandaid-over-his-swastika-tat-during-his-fights . But there is also the fact that there is an extremely violent streetgang out west who call themselves Brown Pride . Got to look a little deeper sometimes I say .
    D1 to D2 is largely a variance in Talent. Cal State Fullerton Baseball is in Division I, but the college is maybe a quarter of the size of a UC college, like UCLA, USC, UC Santa Barbara.... etc.
    NSCA - CSCS
  18. luclyluciano's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,494
    Rep Power
    930

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Do you watch much MMA as of late, or ever? Haha.
    I said, this is not going to be a wrestling match not that there would be zero wrestling.
  19. Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27063

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by luclyluciano View Post
    I said, this is not going to be a wrestling match not that there would be zero wrestling.
    Not that it matters, but no, you said, "this is not a wrestling match, so the differences will mean little." The point being that wrestling differences are absolutely massive in MMA, as any recent card will show you.
  20. luclyluciano's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,494
    Rep Power
    930

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    I gurantee u Lesnar goes to takedown Carwin pretty damn quick.
    Agreed. I see Lesnar using knees, elbows, and takedowns. Assuming he is in control. I still say he loses partly due to ring rust.
  21. sonofsteven's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Age
    30
    Posts
    259
    Rep Power
    197

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    No, the only difference is a massive divergence in talent. Haha.

    Seriously, though: teams that would traditionally qualify for "DII" status viz., size can play in the DI just so long as they recruit properly and perform. Really cannot stress the sheer difference in talent between a DI and DII school. Absolutely massive.
    Ice cold - but damned funny and I got what your saying .
  22. A_I_Sports_Nutrition's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    12,581
    Rep Power
    6934

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by sonofsteven View Post
    I've been reffering to Carwin as The Brockslayer for a long time now and am not about to stop Lesnar said he was "seeing tweety birds" after one of the shots he took from Mir . I think it was an uppercut and Carwin hits waaay harder than Mir . Brock will go to sleep in the first round and Shane's cardio will still go untested .
    Forgive me if I'm way off base about this but isn't the only difference between the aforementioned wrestling divisions school size ? More students - "better" division ?
    I like Cain's tat , no harm in rep'ing your heritage . Also I support Lyle "Fancypants" Beerholm's White Pride chest banner . I am white and very happy with it . Granted I am not self-admitted-reformed-skinhead-who-puts-a-large-bandaid-over-his-swastika-tat-during-his-fights . But there is also the fact that there is an extremely violent streetgang out west who call themselves Brown Pride . Got to look a little deeper sometimes I say .
    He better land it because if he ends up on his back it will be Carwin seeing tweety birds along with a crooked nose. Just ask Mir about that one.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition
  23. stullsy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Age
    29
    Posts
    291
    Rep Power
    211

    Reputation

    Lesnar wins.... hes a stronger and way better of an athlete, just like GSP is at 171. People who say he wont win are crazy, look at the fukin guy!!! I dont see carwin winning, in fact I see him getting dominated
  24. Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,008
    Rep Power
    917970

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by stullsy View Post
    Lesnar wins.... hes a stronger and way better of an athlete, just like GSP is at 171. People who say he wont win are crazy, look at the fukin guy!!! I dont see carwin winning, in fact I see him getting dominated
    You lost all credibility with that statement. By that logic, Bob Sapp would be dominant.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  25. AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,385
    Rep Power
    956431

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    You lost all credibility with that statement. By that logic, Bob Sapp would be dominant.
    wait.....are you saying Sapp was not dominant?


    Come on......
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  26. A_I_Sports_Nutrition's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    12,581
    Rep Power
    6934

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    You lost all credibility with that statement. By that logic, Bob Sapp would be dominant.
    I have to agree. Lesnar is bigger, stonger and a better athlete but if he get's one of those meat hooks from Carwin it could be nap time.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition
  27. stullsy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Age
    29
    Posts
    291
    Rep Power
    211

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    You lost all credibility with that statement. By that logic, Bob Sapp would be dominant.
    I didnt mean it in turns of sheer size, I meant it in turns of performing... The guy is way more of a beast than people seem to realize. If your comparing Brock Lesnar to Bob Sapp you lost all credibility. It wont take long until Brock takes Carwin down and beats his face in.
  28. bigwhiteguy29's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,173
    Rep Power
    1512

    Reputation

    Carwin will take him out.
  29. texaswolf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  300 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Age
    5
    Posts
    469
    Rep Power
    301

    Reputation

    We'll see what happens in 13 days.
  30. Tomahawk88's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    9,005
    Rep Power
    629264

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I dont care if I have to go to Hooters again(fack I hate that sh1t) I will be watching this fight.
  31. texaswolf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  300 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Age
    5
    Posts
    469
    Rep Power
    301

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    I dont care if I have to go to Hooters again(fack I hate that sh1t) I will be watching this fight.
    What is there to hate about Hooters?

  32. Tomahawk88's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    9,005
    Rep Power
    629264

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I dont mind the girls lol. Its the loud drunk people I cant stand. Last time some drunk dumbass broke a glass at a table far away enough Idc but they were loud enough to be an annoyance. Plus just like putting myself in a situation to eat bad when Im trying to cut.
  33. A_I_Sports_Nutrition's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    12,581
    Rep Power
    6934

    Reputation

    Here are some recent pictures of Brock in training for UFC 116. He looks in great shape. This should be a good fight.



    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition
  34. Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,008
    Rep Power
    917970

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by stullsy View Post
    I didnt mean it in turns of sheer size, I meant it in turns of performing... The guy is way more of a beast than people seem to realize. If your comparing Brock Lesnar to Bob Sapp you lost all credibility. It wont take long until Brock takes Carwin down and beats his face in.
    What the hell are you trying to say in this post? They've both been extremely impressive in their respective careers and I'd say Carwin has the more impressive finishes and their is not a huge size difference between the two.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  35. bigwhiteguy29's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,173
    Rep Power
    1512

    Reputation

    wow what a retard. both are super impressive and super FUKING huge! should be good.
  36. luclyluciano's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,494
    Rep Power
    930

    Reputation

    I've watched a few of Carwin's stand up fights. He seems to like the 1-2, left right combo. Seems to work well for him. Lesnar has also used this same combo especially against Herring where he popped his orbital.
  37. AntonG42O's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,316
    Rep Power
    3788

    Reputation

    oh man what is that, a 200 lb dumbell??
  38. bigwhiteguy29's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,173
    Rep Power
    1512

    Reputation

    he looks very athletic there. looks to not be over 3 bills, startin the cut early.
  39. luclyluciano's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,494
    Rep Power
    930

    Reputation

    Tonight's the big night!
    Something about these two giant powerhouses clashing makes me more excited than any other fight I have ever seen.
  40. Tomahawk88's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    9,005
    Rep Power
    629264

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by luclyluciano View Post
    Tonight's the big night!
    Something about these two giant powerhouses clashing makes me more excited than any other fight I have ever seen.
    What r u talking about?
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-21-2010, 12:18 PM
  2. UFC 105 Lesner vs. Carwin
    By bigwhiteguy29 in forum MMA
    Replies: 254
    Last Post: 11-01-2009, 11:47 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-04-2009, 02:14 PM
  4. my thoughts on lesnar
    By Bendiesel in forum MMA
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-04-2009, 10:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in