Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
  1. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by luclyluciano View Post
    This is not a wrestling match
    Do you watch much MMA as of late, or ever? Haha.

2. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Another thing about the wrestling issue: Lesnar's training partners are much larger and accredited wrestlers than Carwin's.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Answers

This is not a wrestling match, so the differences will mean little. I still say Lesnar has to suffer ring rust due to illness/surgery which means we will probably see a rematch.
    I gurantee u Lesnar goes to takedown Carwin pretty damn quick.
    •   

4. AI Sports Nutrition
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    I agree and if he does it is goodbye Carwin. If Lesnar does not take him down he risks getting knocked out.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition
  5. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by pembroke3355 View Post
    I agree and if he does it is goodbye Carwin. If Lesnar does not take him down he risks getting knocked out.
    Agreed, this could look a lot like Lesnar Mir II or Carwin/Mir dpeending on who can institute their game plan first
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  6. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    Agreed, this could look a lot like Lesnar Mir II or Carwin/Mir dpeending on who can institute their game plan first
    This is more than likely the determining factor.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Vtaper View Post
    This is why I questioned it in the first place, Carwin stayed involved in college wrestling(coaching)through 04', then started fighting professionally in 05'. Lesnar had a 6 year hiatus while he pursued the WWE and football.

I know the differences between D 1 and D 2 are huge; I am simply suggesting that what they did between 2000-2006 MAY have allowed Carwin to close that gap a little. But as I stated before, this all stemmed from an erroneous fact: that they were the same size.

Now that Lesnar brings what I would call a significant size advantage, I retract my statements about the wrestling not being as big of an issue. Either way, its going to be thrilling fight that either guy could end in seconds. Im still taking Carwin 2nd rd KO.
    Dont forget that during that 6 year hiatus Brock juiced his a$$ off, especially in WWE. everyone knows it, whoever thinks he didnt is naive. whether that made a difference towards making him an even more powerful manchild, i dont know, but im leaning towards yes.
  8. AI Sports Nutrition
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    Dont forget that during that 6 year hiatus Brock juiced his a$$ off, especially in WWE. everyone knows it, whoever thinks he didnt is naive. whether that made a difference towards making him an even more powerful manchild, i dont know, but im leaning towards yes.
    And no other MMA pro has not juiced in the past. If you believe that then your naive. HGH is still not detectable nor can you detect some of the peptides that are out now IGF-1 LR3 as a example. Lesnar was a beast is high school. There is no question that he has used stuff but I also have no doubt that 85-90% of the current pro have or still are using PEDS. Here is a pic of him in college where he was tested many times for steriods.

Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

My friend who fights has had a two personal encounters with a seller (who is actually a pro card holding bodybuilder) on their way to Xtreme Couture. That doesn't directly implicate anything or anyone, but he doesn't go to Xtreme Couture with his goods just to say hello. (Primarily selling Anavar to be exact).

I can't speak for anywhere else, but even the amateur circuits around L.A. are roid & growth infected. Hell, even the BJJ tournament circuits are roid & growth infected (around here).
    NSCA - CSCS
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Thats funny,because I heard the same thing about Xtreme Couture...actually about most MMA fighters.
  11. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

I know there is a ton of usage here in TX. It's also partially because they're ignorant to what they are; I saw 1 fighter take 3-4 HD before a fight and thought it was just a test booster.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I know there is a ton of usage here in TX. It's also partially because they're ignorant to what they are; I saw 1 fighter take 3-4 HD before a fight and thought it was just a test booster.

Was it our mongolian beef buddy? Haha
  13. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jcross View Post
    Was it our mongolian beef buddy? Haha
    That was in the land of loaded gloves AKA Louisiana.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  187 lbs.
    Answers

I've been reffering to Carwin as The Brockslayer for a long time now and am not about to stop Lesnar said he was "seeing tweety birds" after one of the shots he took from Mir . I think it was an uppercut and Carwin hits waaay harder than Mir . Brock will go to sleep in the first round and Shane's cardio will still go untested .
    Forgive me if I'm way off base about this but isn't the only difference between the aforementioned wrestling divisions school size ? More students - "better" division ?
    I like Cain's tat , no harm in rep'ing your heritage . Also I support Lyle "Fancypants" Beerholm's White Pride chest banner . I am white and very happy with it . Granted I am not self-admitted-reformed-skinhead-who-puts-a-large-bandaid-over-his-swastika-tat-during-his-fights . But there is also the fact that there is an extremely violent streetgang out west who call themselves Brown Pride . Got to look a little deeper sometimes I say .
  15. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sonofsteven View Post
    Forgive me if I'm way off base about this but isn't the only difference between the aforementioned wrestling divisions school size ? More students - "better" division ?
    No, the only difference is a massive divergence in talent. Haha.

Seriously, though: teams that would traditionally qualify for "DII" status viz., size can play in the DI just so long as they recruit properly and perform. Really cannot stress the sheer difference in talent between a DI and DII school. Absolutely massive.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'5"  300 lbs.
    Answers

Division 1 teams have to sponsor at least 7 sports for men and 7 for women. To play at the D-1A level it's mostly about attendance requirements in football. 30,000 permanent seats in their stadium and average 17,000 per home game or 20,000 average of all football games in the last four years.

Division 2 has to sponsor at least 4 and 4 sports for men and women.

Obviously the talent gets progressively worse as you go from D-1A to D-1AA and D2 on down.
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

I've been reffering to Carwin as The Brockslayer for a long time now and am not about to stop Lesnar said he was "seeing tweety birds" after one of the shots he took from Mir . I think it was an uppercut and Carwin hits waaay harder than Mir . Brock will go to sleep in the first round and Shane's cardio will still go untested .
    I like Cain's tat , no harm in rep'ing your heritage . Also I support Lyle "Fancypants" Beerholm's White Pride chest banner . I am white and very happy with it . Granted I am not self-admitted-reformed-skinhead-who-puts-a-large-bandaid-over-his-swastika-tat-during-his-fights . But there is also the fact that there is an extremely violent streetgang out west who call themselves Brown Pride . Got to look a little deeper sometimes I say .
    D1 to D2 is largely a variance in Talent. Cal State Fullerton Baseball is in Division I, but the college is maybe a quarter of the size of a UC college, like UCLA, USC, UC Santa Barbara.... etc.
    NSCA - CSCS
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Do you watch much MMA as of late, or ever? Haha.
    I said, this is not going to be a wrestling match not that there would be zero wrestling.
  19. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Answers

I said, this is not going to be a wrestling match not that there would be zero wrestling.
    Not that it matters, but no, you said, "this is not a wrestling match, so the differences will mean little." The point being that wrestling differences are absolutely massive in MMA, as any recent card will show you.
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.
    Answers

Agreed. I see Lesnar using knees, elbows, and takedowns. Assuming he is in control. I still say he loses partly due to ring rust.
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  187 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    No, the only difference is a massive divergence in talent. Haha.

Seriously, though: teams that would traditionally qualify for "DII" status viz., size can play in the DI just so long as they recruit properly and perform. Really cannot stress the sheer difference in talent between a DI and DII school. Absolutely massive.
    Ice cold - but damned funny and I got what your saying .
  22. AI Sports Nutrition
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

He better land it because if he ends up on his back it will be Carwin seeing tweety birds along with a crooked nose. Just ask Mir about that one.
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Lesnar wins.... hes a stronger and way better of an athlete, just like GSP is at 171. People who say he wont win are crazy, look at the fukin guy!!! I dont see carwin winning, in fact I see him getting dominated
  24. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by stullsy View Post
    Lesnar wins.... hes a stronger and way better of an athlete, just like GSP is at 171. People who say he wont win are crazy, look at the fukin guy!!! I dont see carwin winning, in fact I see him getting dominated
    You lost all credibility with that statement. By that logic, Bob Sapp would be dominant.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  25. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Answers

You lost all credibility with that statement. By that logic, Bob Sapp would be dominant.
    wait.....are you saying Sapp was not dominant?

Come on......
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  26. AI Sports Nutrition
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

I have to agree. Lesnar is bigger, stonger and a better athlete but if he get's one of those meat hooks from Carwin it could be nap time.
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Answers

I didnt mean it in turns of sheer size, I meant it in turns of performing... The guy is way more of a beast than people seem to realize. If your comparing Brock Lesnar to Bob Sapp you lost all credibility. It wont take long until Brock takes Carwin down and beats his face in.
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.
    Answers

Carwin will take him out.
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    6'5"  300 lbs.
    Answers

We'll see what happens in 13 days.
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Answers

I dont care if I have to go to Hooters again(fack I hate that sh1t) I will be watching this fight.
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    6'5"  300 lbs.
    Answers

I dont care if I have to go to Hooters again(fack I hate that sh1t) I will be watching this fight.
    What is there to hate about Hooters?

32. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Answers

I dont mind the girls lol. Its the loud drunk people I cant stand. Last time some drunk dumbass broke a glass at a table far away enough Idc but they were loud enough to be an annoyance. Plus just like putting myself in a situation to eat bad when Im trying to cut.
  33. AI Sports Nutrition
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Here are some recent pictures of Brock in training for UFC 116. He looks in great shape. This should be a good fight.

34. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by stullsy View Post
    I didnt mean it in turns of sheer size, I meant it in turns of performing... The guy is way more of a beast than people seem to realize. If your comparing Brock Lesnar to Bob Sapp you lost all credibility. It wont take long until Brock takes Carwin down and beats his face in.
    What the hell are you trying to say in this post? They've both been extremely impressive in their respective careers and I'd say Carwin has the more impressive finishes and their is not a huge size difference between the two.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.
    Answers

wow what a retard. both are super impressive and super FUKING huge! should be good.
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.
    Answers

I've watched a few of Carwin's stand up fights. He seems to like the 1-2, left right combo. Seems to work well for him. Lesnar has also used this same combo especially against Herring where he popped his orbital.
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Answers

oh man what is that, a 200 lb dumbell??
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.
    Answers

he looks very athletic there. looks to not be over 3 bills, startin the cut early.
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.
    Answers

Tonight's the big night!
    Something about these two giant powerhouses clashing makes me more excited than any other fight I have ever seen.
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Answers

Tonight's the big night!
    Something about these two giant powerhouses clashing makes me more excited than any other fight I have ever seen.
    What r u talking about?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-21-2010, 12:18 PM
  2. UFC 105 Lesner vs. Carwin
    By bigwhiteguy29 in forum MMA
    Replies: 254
    Last Post: 11-01-2009, 11:47 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-04-2009, 02:14 PM
  4. my thoughts on lesnar