Overeem Vs. Rogers

mh625

Awards
Just curious to see what ou guys thought about this match up.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Rogers is a strong tough dude but Overeem is just too nasty. crisp technical striker, he is really strong in the clinch and those knees are straight deadly. he is basically the same size as rogers but lean as a rock. add the experience factor and we are looking at a 2nd or 3rd round KO. overeem just snaps all his strikes instead of looping them like brett does, so i think i know whos gonna land more.

mh625

Awards
without a doubt I agree with you. But alot of people are questioning Overeem conditioning since he hasn't been out of the first round since 2007.

Troy1982

Troy1982

Awards
I think Overeem will TKO Rogers. I think his striking is gonna be too much but with the odds put up I have money on Rogers. He definitely has the power to KO Overeem if he catches him.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well....that didnt take long. Overeem was totally dominant.

Vtaper

Awards
while watching the fight it was hard to tell if Overeem is that good or Rogers is that bad.

Rogers will keep getting exposed as mid-level gatekeeper so long as he gets decent opponents. And I'm not ready to jump on the Ubereem bandwagon just yet; his fights at heavyweight have been impressive, but the challengers have not.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
while watching the fight it was hard to tell if Overeem is that good or Rogers is that bad.

Rogers will keep getting exposed as mid-level gatekeeper so long as he gets decent opponents. And I'm not ready to jump on the Ubereem bandwagon just yet; his fights at heavyweight have been impressive, but the challengers have not.
I will say this, Fedor had some trouble with Rogers. Not trying to use Mmamath here, but I am curious to see how a Fedor in 2010 can handle a heavyweight striker like Overeem

M0S3S

Awards
I will say this, Fedor had some trouble with Rogers. Not trying to use Mmamath here, but I am curious to see how a Fedor in 2010 can handle a heavyweight striker like Overeem
I hear you, but as we all know never question Fedor lol. I want to see this fight so badly, but I'm more interested to see how the fight would progress past round one.

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
Rogers was not himself last night. His claim to fame is to come at you like a freight train. He was very cautious last night. Werdum told him to be aggressive to beat the "Uberman". But Rogers did the opposite. He was probably afraid of getting KO'd again. Easy fight for Ubereem. Fedor VS Ubereem needs to happen in 2010 an Fedor knows it. He already is sparring with Dutch K1 style fighters. Let's see if it happens or just more money excuses.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Overeeem is that good standing, Rogers is that bad once he hits the ground. Overeem is legit no doubt. He can't be competitive in K1 without having some seriously legit stand up. I think Overeem would have won no matter what, but I think the molestation we witnessed was exemplified by Rogers' short comings on the ground.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rogers was not himself last night. His claim to fame is to come at you like a freight train. He was very cautious last night. Werdum told him to be aggressive to beat the "Uberman". But Rogers did the opposite. He was probably afraid of getting KO'd again. Easy fight for Ubereem. Fedor VS Ubereem needs to happen in 2010 an Fedor knows it. He already is sparring with Dutch K1 style fighters. Let's see if it happens or just more money excuses.
Rogers looked stiff, scared & hesitant, almost identical to how Sugar Shane Mosley looked against Mayweather.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Aleksandar37 MMA 9
Anabolics 4
MMA 13
MMA 7
Marcinator MMA 51