Scott Coker on Paul Daley release and the possibility of seeing “Kimbo” vs. Walker

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Strikeforce CEO, Scott Coker has given his thoughts on the shocking release of 170 pound star, Paul “Semtex” Daley from the UFC roster, as well as the possibility of seeing “Kimbo Slice” vs. Herschel Walker in the near future.

Speaking via Sherdog.com, Coker:

“I’m not the UFC and they run their business the way they run it and I have no idea what thought process went into it but I’m sure it was influenced by what happened (at Strikeforce “Nashville”) a couple of weeks before.”

“I’m not sure really when cooler heads prevail, maybe (the UFC will) be able to work something out with Paul, but I’m sure Paul will be on some heavy type of suspension from the commission up in Canada and I don’t imagine Paul being able to fight anytime soon.”

“I’m sure we’ll get a call, but let’s what happens. Who knows? He could be on suspension for four to six months. He’s not going to be able to fight. I don’t think that type of reaction or behavior from a fighter will be accepted. It’s just unacceptable.”

Coker then switched his attentions to the possibility of seeing another former UFC fighter, “Kimbo Slice” step into the Strikeforce cage sometime soon, and maybe against former NFL great, Herschel Walker.

“You’re like the sixth person who’s contacted me saying, ‘Hey, you have to put together Herschel Walker vs. Kimbo Slice.’ The thing is with Kimbo is he was successful with the ratings, but when we purchased (the contracts) from Pro Elite, the deal at that time (for Kimbo), we felt was too rich for long-term viability…We haven’t revisited it internally yet, so as of right now I think we’re going to stick with our course, which is putting on the best fighters in the world in the best matchups.”

“The fighters that are important to develop our reach and growth, and are important to Showtime and CBS, we’re going to keep those fighters. We’ve proven that we can stay in the game at the highest level with these athletes because believe me, Fedor (Emelianenko) is not a cheap fighter.”

Strikeforce certainly have an opportunity to boost their ranks with these two being released from the UFC roster. Admittedly Daley may be in for a lengthy suspension and “Kimbo” may not be the fighter fans had hoped for a couple of years ago, but both will certainly sell a Pay-Per-View or two.

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've hated koscheck ever since ultimate fighter 1 because I was rootin for diego.. I don't care for diego sanchez anymore but my hate for koscheck remains lol so I was happy as hell when Daley socked him a nice fat one.

Walker is a good match up for Kimbo cuz they're both old farts. Kimbo has such a tendency to give up during a fight if it lasts long. Kimbo's reputation as a fighter went downhill once his weak fighting skills were exposed through MMA. I don't think people look at him the same as when he was a street fighter but I'll tell you what.. I'm always down to watch him fight for some reason lol so i'm always adding to his ratings as I'm sure other people do.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've hated koscheck ever since ultimate fighter 1 because I was rootin for diego.. I don't care for diego sanchez anymore but my hate for koscheck remains lol so I was happy as hell when Daley socked him a nice fat one.

Walker is a good match up for Kimbo cuz they're both old farts. Kimbo has such a tendency to give up during a fight if it lasts long. Kimbo's reputation as a fighter went downhill once his weak fighting skills were exposed through MMA. I don't think people look at him the same as when he was a street fighter but I'll tell you what.. I'm always down to watch him fight for some reason lol so i'm always adding to his ratings as I'm sure other people do.
Kos is the reason the term douche came to be.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
I think walker takes kimbo. if he can avoid gettin KTFO for a couple minutes he can definitely work a TD and end it like mitrione did. he is pretty raw but very strong so i doubt kimbo can suplex him all over the place.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think walker takes kimbo. if he can avoid gettin KTFO for a couple minutes he can definitely work a TD and end it like mitrione did. he is pretty raw but very strong so i doubt kimbo can suplex him all over the place.
None of Kimbo's strikes looked like they had KO power behind them. They all looked more like professional boxing, courtesy strikes for the purpose of points hording.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
None of Kimbo's strikes looked like they had KO power behind them. They all looked more like professional boxing, courtesy strikes for the purpose of points hording.
true, he needs to go back to backyard "get em ferg!!" days of knocking peoples eyeballs out lol

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
diaz vs. daley....kimbo vs. walker.would be good headliners for another strikeforce cbs event.but they will have to do it in mexico or japan cuz daley is out for 2 years in the u.s.
out 2 years is that official? nick would own this little prick, hes got a foot of reach on him, good chin and would armbar/choke him in 2 seconds if it went to ground.

Jake Fires

Jake Fires

Awards
  • Established
why is kimbo still fighting, that knee of his is done. hes got good combinations but once he gets hurt you know about it. Matt tore him up how is this guys getting all these chances.?