Dana White: Shogun’s first defense at 205 Rampage/Rashad

1. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.4%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Dana White: Shogun’s first defense at 205 Rampage/Rashad

During an early afternoon break, I caught up with UFC President Dana White via text message. Here’s the gist of what we covered:

CD: Shogun’s manager recently said that if Randy Couture gets past James Toney, he could see Randy being Rua’s first title defense. Is that a possibility?

DW: The winner of the Rampage Jackson vs Rashad Evans fight will get the first shot at Shogun.

No time to relax for Shogun.

This makes sense, and is also a little surprising. The 205 belt is historically difficult to successfully defend, and Dana, Joe Silva, and company are wasting no time giving Shogun a challenge. Look for that fight sometime in the fall, barring injuries.

CD: Now that you’ve cut Kimbo Slice, any parting thoughts?

DW: I have nothing but respect for Kimbo. I wish him well.

As expected. I was one of many who thought the dude was a freak show, and he proved me wrong. Yeah, he’s not a UFC caliber dude, but he took it seriously, and tried hard. I think Kimbo was a victim (if you can call it that) of the YouTube and EliteXC personas that were pushed and promoted. I question the use of “victim” because he made quite a bit of money off that persona, but at the same time it propped up expectations a little too high.

CD: Koscheck and GSP? Aren’t you worried that might be boring? Were you rooting for Semtex just a little?

DW: LOL, you’re such an internet goof! Listen, everyone was smashing this season cause of Chuck and Tito, and every episode has done 2 million viewers. Its out rated the NBA playoffs in the demographic. Come on.

Easy to see where he’s going. As the Zuffa PR machine has proven in the past, they could turn Grandma vs Grandma into a battle for the ages with the right editing. There were quite a few people bitching that both Liddell and Ortiz were irrelevant, yet the returns on this season ratings-wise have been good. A quick check of the male 18-34 demo showed that White is speaking the truth, as TUF has edged the TNT/TBS combo of NBA playoffs when they overlap.

CD: Speaking of the internet, I know you read the UG (mma.tv’s forum), when are you getting this Sean McCorkle guy in the octagon? Undefeated and GINOURMOUS….what’s up?

DW: I don’t know who he is.

CD: Ahh. Big giant dude, hasn’t lost, sounds like a good guy. Check him out. What’s next for Lyoto Machida?

DW: Honestly, I don’t know yet.
    Dana White: Shogun’s first defense at 205 « Sports 1140 KHTK
    NSCA - CSCS

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  194 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.83%

Hell ya! Once Rampage gets rid of this @ssclown Evans, time for him to get his payback!
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.35%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

hahahaha yeah right. rampage has been shooting movies while shogun has been getting better. page's game has never evolved. when shogun first kicked his ass it was rua's only 5th fight in pride, he has come a looong way since then. no soccer kicks this time but expect rampage crumpled up in the corner if this fight goes down
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.51%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Rampage's inability to stop his legs from getting chopped down will be his demise. I see Shogun finishing it by mid rd 2

Rashad's wrestling and athleticism could be a problem for Shogun, however I would still see Shogun beating him.

I would really like to see him fight Anderson, but most importantly Lil Nog. That would be the best matchup imo
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  5. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.4%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    Rampage's inability to stop his legs from getting chopped down will be his demise. I see Shogun finishing it by mid rd 2

Rashad's wrestling and athleticism could be a problem for Shogun, however I would still see Shogun beating him.

I would really like to see him fight Anderson, but most importantly Lil Nog. That would be the best matchup imo
    Agreed. Leg kicks will destroy Rampage. Rashad's chin will be his downfall. I'm not one to lean on MMA math, but Lyoto pimp slapped Rashad and Shogun pimp slapped Lyoto, therefore, Shogun will pimp slap Rashad.
    NSCA - CSCS
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.94%

All I'm saying is just put on the superfight The Spider vs. Shogun for the LHW championship. I personally would just like to see Anderson get beat after his performance against Demian Maia.
  7. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.51%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Agreed. Leg kicks will destroy Rampage. Rashad's chin will be his downfall. I'm not one to lean on MMA math, but Lyoto pimp slapped Rashad and Shogun pimp slapped Lyoto, therefore, Shogun will pimp slap Rashad.
    gotta love mma math. I think Shogun should win, he would just need to be careful of Rasshad's wrestling, similar to Rashad's fight with Thiago
    Quote Originally Posted by mh625 View Post
    All I'm saying is just put on the superfight The Spider vs. Shogun for the LHW championship. I personally would just like to see Anderson get beat after his performance against Demian Maia.
    This is the fight I think everyone needs to see
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-11-2010, 02:51 PM
  2. Replies: 69
    Last Post: 04-10-2009, 05:20 PM
  3. F-U Dana White
    By Rodja in forum MMA
    Replies: 26