'Shogun' Hoping to Square Off With Couture

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
im at work so i cant watch, is that the interview with him and his manager? Dana in the post fight interview said its more likely to be the winner of Page vs. Evans

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think he ends up with Evans/Page, most likely Rashad IMO. Rashad is a bad matchup too me, as his wrestling could be tough for Shogun. However, Shogun could be in for a good reign he he can beat him.

If he fights Couture, that will be a bore fest, or a destruction for Shogun. I have had enough of Randy in title fights. He barely beat Vera and then dominated Coleman...not enough imo

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Shogun is no slouch of his back, he hasnt had to use it much but he is a bjj BB. If Rashad does get a takedown he could definitely get caught. Standing up Shogun would destroy him. Rashad has ok head movement and decent boxing but i dont see him doing much damage.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Shogun is no slouch of his back, he hasnt had to use it much but he is a bjj BB. If Rashad does get a takedown he could definitely get caught. Standing up Shogun would destroy him. Rashad has ok head movement and decent boxing but i dont see him doing much damage.
Rashad has great head movement, but I think Shogun can really take advantage of his whipping leg kicks. I don't think Rashad is quick enough to take advantage of a leg kick with an immediate TD, GSP style.

Training rumor mill says Shogun has a nasty, nasty hand grip and when he grabs your arm (when rolling), you just get disheartened.

I think leg kicks will be the biggest issue for Rampage as well, if he were to fight Shogun.

Aldo v. Faber was the first time I'd seen an entire fight dominated & controlled by leg kicks and Mitrione displayed a similar flustering of Kimbo with leg kicks. I've given new respect to the leg kicks arsenal.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
a nasty nasty grip on top of black belt in both jits and muay thai?? this dude is unreal. ive been a fan for years but he keeps impressing me more and more each fight.

LOL it wasnt hard to kick kimbo's little chicken legs from under him