Georges St-Pierre - "I Want To Fight the Best and Jake Shields Is the Best Right Now"

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Georges St-Pierre - "I Want To Fight the Best and Jake Shields Is the Best Right Now"

"[Jake Shields] He's a great submission fighter", St-Pierre said. "He's got great technique and takedowns. He's very good at not getting hit standing up, he's a perfect mixed martial artist and he's going to have a long career. He's a very smart guy and I have a lot of respect for this guy. I love watching his fights."

"As a matter of fact, there's only a few guys I like to watch in mixed martial arts, to learn, and he's one of them."

"Shields is amazing. He's of course the guy to beat right now. He's fighting at 185 lbs right now, and he's dominating and beating everyone at 185, and he's (a natural) 170 lbs fighter. He's not only an amazing fighter, he's an amazing jiu-jitsu fighter."

"As a proud champion, I want to fight the best and Jake Shields is the best right now." Quote of the Day: Georges St-Pierre - "I Want to Fight the Best and Jake Shields Is the Best Right Now" - Bloody Elbow
Ehhhh... I don't know. Personally, I think GSP is aiming low. Shields is solid, Shields is obviously legit, but I think GSP is just a faster, smarter, stronger, more calculated and overall more athletic version of Shields.

However, GSP is known for playing against his opponents weakness, so we may see GSP standing for 5 rounds, heh.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This combined with Shields and Dana acting all chummy...anyone else see the writing on the wall?

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I personally would rather see Shields start at 185.

Troy1982

Troy1982

Awards
GSP vs Shields will be the most boring fight in the history of humanity. I would much prefer GSP vs Nick Diaz.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
GSP vs Shields will be the most boring fight in the history of humanity. I would much prefer GSP vs Nick Diaz.
LOL, I'd prefer to see that fight, too. I actually like the Diaz brothers, but I don't think it'd go well for Nicholas.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
Id love to see NIck fight GSP. See if nick can pull off a sub. Good test fighting a tall fighter for gsp.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I dont see Nick doing much against GSP. GSP will take him down at will.

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I dont see Nick doing much against GSP. GSP will take him down at will.
Yeah but I think it would be a better fight than when he fought Hardly... Plus Diaz's trash talk is the best :eek5:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah but I think it would be a better fight than when he fought Hardly... Plus Diaz's trash talk is the best :eek5:
Chael Sonnen may actually be the biggest trash talker of all MMA time.

booya123

Awards
chael sonnen is a trash talker for real? I never seen him trash talk yet then again I didnt get to see his fight against marquart

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
you dont read enough MMA news. The way he makes fun of A silva is amazing

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
chael sonnen is a trash talker for real? I never seen him trash talk yet then again I didnt get to see his fight against marquart
Here are some starters for ya.

Chael Sonnen Claims he is the Best at MW and Silva is a Thug

UFC middleweight number one contender, Chael Sonnen has made the outlandish claim that Brazilian superstar, Anderson Silva may be the man currently holding the belt, but he’s the best fighter in the division.

Speaking via UFC.com, Sonnen said:

“You can watch him walk into a weigh in and the place is silent. He doesn’t endear his fans and he pretends he doesn’t understand them. He doesn’t embrace the media, he pretends he doesn’t understand ‘em… And yeah, I’ve had conversations with Anderson, and he was a gentlemen. He was a really nice guy. At the same time, look, he’s a grown man with earrings. He’s a grown man with saggy pants, pink t-shirts and crooked hats. Go join a gang. Don’t get in the UFC. So if you wanna hang out as a street thug, go do it. But if you get in my way, I’m gonna run right over ya.”

“He’s the champion and I’m the best. He’s the champion of the weight class, I’m the best fighter in the weight class. I acknowledge he’s champion, he must acknowledge I’m the best. There’s some reason why he’s trying not to do this fight.”

Sonnen secured his shot at the title after putting impressive wins together over the likes of Yushin Okami and Nate Marquardt. Has his recent spurt in form seriously affected his thinking or could the Team Quest fighter be telling the truth? http://www.mmabay.co.uk/2010/04/28/ufc-117-chael-sonnen-claims-silva-might-be-the-champ-but-he’s-the-best-in-the-division/
Sonnen On Silva And Toney: "I Dismiss Both Of These Bums"

“James Toney I think without question is the best striker we got in this company. I think James Toney can outstrike anybody including Anderson Silva and I think everyone here would probably agree with me. Though everybody’s dismissing James Toney, but they’re accepting Anderson’s skills. I dismiss both of those bums. That’s what I think about them. I dismiss them both.” http://www.lowkick.com/UFC/Sonnen-On-Silva-And-Toney-I-Dismiss-Both-Of-These-Bums-7298