UFC 112 Abu Dhabi

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. UFC 112 Abu Dhabi


    Anyone know if the prelims will be shown on spike or versus or not at all?

    I'm hoping edger at least looks better than diego did against bj.
    No high hopes for the Anderson fight though..

    Also the Nick Osipczak vs. Rick Story fight looks like it should be on the main card and Rafael dos Anjos vs. Terry Etim should be taken down a peg...


  2. i think edgar will do way better than diego and he may just beat bj. whats the odds i wonder?
    •   
       


  3. I disagree. BJ has trouble agianst the bigger guys but always comes away with the win. Edgar is way smaller than Diego and not as skilled. BJ will dominate this match up from beginning to end.

  4. Well I'm still hoping. I mean whats the point of paying for this event if its gonna be like mike tyson punching an old lady. FOR BOTH MAIN EVENTS *single tear*

  5. I would be surprised if either of the 2 main events fights last very long. Maia will get caught, and Edgar will just be dominated. Just another reason to make them move up

  6. Honestly, I am thinking about skipping this event. However, the last time I did that was UFC 70...
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  7. For the first fight I'm going to have to go with Kendall Grove solely because of experience. Terry Etim over Rafael Dos Anjos, based on stats because I am not too familiar with these guys.

    For Hughes and Renzo, I'm leaning towards Hughes. He has more experience and is just more well versed, but I think he is past his prime. On top of that he is a super nice guy even though he comes across as a **** on tv.

    Bj Penn will more than likely dominate Edgar, but essentially in every fight the odds have been stacked against him and he manages to pull out upset victories. Should be a good fight if he has an iron chin.

    As for the Maia/Silva fight I'd have to lean towards Silva. Even if Maia is better on the floor, Silva still has a black belt in BJJ. He won't be an easy submission. On the other hand I can't think of anyone in that weight class that can stand up with Silva.

    If Silva moves up/down weight classes like he said he wants to Silva/GSP would be an awesome fight imo.

  8. Any one know a good spot on the net this is being streamed.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Honestly, I am thinking about skipping this event. However, the last time I did that was UFC 70...
    Everything in me says the same thing but its got 2 title fights and most likely I'll have nothing else to do. And not having to pay for it for weeks is great until it actually comes time to pay.
    You missed one the best heavyweight leg kicks in the UFC!

    I'm just catching up on Countdown and Anderson was throwing out all kinds of weight classes to move to and neither of the 2 was LHW. He talkin bout going down to 170!!

  10. ufc hakcing!
    •   
       


  11. all I can say from the spoilers is wow. Another contested decision

  12. SPOILERS BELOW!














    First of all, the Edgar/Penn fight, though somewhat debatable, is why I am always cautious about jumping on bandwagons - i.e., why I was weary about Penn challenging GSP at WW again right away, why I was weary about Machida, why I am always cautiously confident when GSP fights, and why I focus on Anderson Silva being in by far the weakest division in MMA. Anything can and does happen!

    Second, that fight is precisely why Anderson Silva is not the P4P #1 fighter in the world. Bizzare and ridiculous behavior, and hopefully, it will put the GSP/Hardy fight back into perspective with respect to what constitutes a disappointing title fights.

  13. awful card overall. Debateable decision, although to me the champ gets the tie. However, it opens up 155 for sure.

    Anderson? WTF is that? I really wonder what Dana and the rest of the execs are going to do about behavior like that? Forcibly move him up and vacate 185? Sonnen v. Belfort anyone?

  14. SPOILER. Also, you can watch the fights the next day on MMATKO dot COM






    I think BJ Penn was somewhat robbed but he should have pressed the action and made it decisive. He didn't even look disappointed after the fight.

    WTF was Anderson thinking? I thought he was going to end it going into the 4th round, but no dice. He needs to fight Vitor Belfort already and honestly I hope Vitor beats him.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Anderson's fight really puts into perspective how ridiculous the "GSP finishing fights" thread in this forum is. And further, how ridiculous that general sentiment is. No, this is precisely what a champion not desiring to finish a fight looks like. In all honesty, this fight has increased by burning despise for Anderson Silva even more. A disgrace.
    I agree. It is disappointing to a lot of people, and should be to himself.

  16. What was also disappointing was that Maia, who we all know was going to be outclassed, is a very respectful fighter. This type of treatment was uncalled for. I truly hope that Anderson drops to 170, and I hope that GSP beats him. Truly a shame for Anderson today

  17. easy money

  18. This was really an annoying display by Anderson. This fight should not have gone past round 2 in any way. Anderson could have EASILY ended the fight and just didn't. What really blow me away is that he would let this happen after the whole debacle with Dana just a few short fights previous. Needless to say I was superbly pissed at the end of round 5.

    Having said all of that, this does nothing at all to change his P4P status, it isn't his ability we questioned tonight, but his mindset - not that he couldn't, but that he didn't. As aggravating as it was (me being one of the most aggravated), you can't argue with the elite level of talent that was on display for those first 2 and 1/2 rounds (and the other 10 fights we have seen since his joining the UFC). I have no f'ing clue wtf he did towards the end of round 3 on and his explanation at the end certainly didn't help me understand any fuller. Nevertheless, (IMO) this does absolutely nothing to change the fact that he is the number 1 P4P in the world at the moment.

    I am definitely looking forward to he and GSP meeting and I think it will happen very soon. I think GSP has a very good chance, he is an amazing and very smart fighter, but its tough to imagine a guy losing who has thus far been 99.9% invincible. GSP's gameplan will be absolutely perfect and I am looking forward to seeing if the execution comes through. We can argue all day who is better, but who really gives a f***? Let's let the fight happen and there will be no need for any debate.

    The fight is definitely coming, and I for one cannot wait!! GSP won't let him get away with those BS antics he has been putting on recently.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    awful card overall.
    Agreed.

    Dunno I am just not finding UFC events all that entertaining anymore. Might be that the frequency is too much.

  20. Wow was I way off or what?

  21. mullet i knew i was going to see you post this before i even got on. i havnt been on here latley because the fight have been boring or not muchn eed to talk about them. i am annoyed at a fan for his showing tonight. at first i was like wow bad ass and then round 4 and 5 came and i was like uhhhhhhh whens he going to do it. i clearly said he dominates fights which is great hes so complete its awesome. but this was a different story. it doesnt put it to shame its a different issue. anderson clearly could have ended the fight just by punching him on the ground not even standing up. it was just plain stupid.


    Anderson silva just doesnt want to KO a brazilian in the UFC I am telling you. should have given the fight to Nate and had him not even fight sonnen.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    SPOILERS BELOW!














    First of all, the Edgar/Penn fight, though somewhat debatable, is why I am always cautious about jumping on bandwagons - i.e., why I was weary about Penn challenging GSP at WW again right away, why I was weary about Machida, why I am always cautiously confident when GSP fights, and why I focus on Anderson Silva being in by far the weakest division in MMA. Anything can and does happen!

    Second, that fight is precisely why Anderson Silva is not the P4P #1 fighter in the world. Bizzare and ridiculous behavior, and hopefully, it will put the GSP/Hardy fight back into perspective with respect to what constitutes a disappointing title fights.


    Indeed. GSP/Hardy was not at all in the favor of Hardy period, however... the ref didn't have to talk to one of the fighters like he was a child. Hey I think GSP has a great chance at either weight. The only thing thats scored points on Silva in the UFC was wrestling via Hendo. GSP could capitalize on that.
    I admit I cheered like a little girl when they said, and new champion at the end of the Edger/Penn fight. That fight was totally his, but not like it always goes that way *coughmachidafight*. Great job Frankie.
    I'm betting immediate rematch though.

  23. Reflecting even more on this, I think what bothers me most as a fan is the probability of being denied a GSP/Silva fight, at whichever weight class it would take place. At the post-fight news conference, Dana White said, "He [Anderson] doesn't deserve to fight GSP." And based on his performances at 90, 97 and now 112, I think White is weary of giving Anderson Silva main card status, and unfortunately for us, I simply don't feel he would risk a fight of that magnitude on Anderson Silva. So, not only did he embarrass the sport, but the jackass robbed us of probably the biggest MMA megafight to date.

    http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...1212&zoneid=13

  24. its funny you say that Mul. Dana also said that Anderson could be the first champion to fight in the prelims. That would be priceless

  25. That is what he deserves, most certainly.

  26. Personally, I force him to vacate and move him up. That will show him that his behavior cannot be tolerated.

  27. Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    Personally, I force him to vacate and move him up. That will show him that his behavior cannot be tolerated.
    In what sport could you force somebody to change weight classes?

    Of course, the UFC doesn't have any real governing body except Dana White (which is fucking retarded), so I suppose he can just do anything he wants...

  28. I would do the same, except make his next two or three fights either on Spike TV, or on the unaired preliminary bouts. Fighters such as Anderson - particularly those represented by the smug little twerp Ed Soares - have revenue sharing clauses, such that large PPV draws derive them larger paychecks. The UFC, however, most likely has the ability to place the fighter on whichever card they choose, meaning they could negate that PPV bonus by placing them on free TV. Given that Anderson's most recent paycheck included this PPV revenue sharing, and he thus effectively stole from the fans, I would make his next two fights on Spike and/or on the preliminary bouts.

    After being involved in three of the worst PPV main cards in UFC history, it is pretty evident that A. Silva is too unreliable and unpredictable to have at main card status.

  29. I would have n o trouble with that. Let him dominate on Spike for a card or two, then back as a PPV main event.

    Its sad really, here is probably the most other worldly talented guy in MMA right now, but he has his head completely and firmly up his rectum. Force him to 205 and call it a day.

    Then, it allows for an elimination tourney (4 guys) at 185 and some real competition.
    1. Belfort
    2. Sonnen
    3. Wandy/Akiyama winner
    4. Nate

    In the end, AS needs to be punished

  30. A. Silva vs B. Lesnar
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-30-2010, 12:14 PM
Log in
Log in