UFC 112 Abu Dhabi

Page 3 of 3 First 123

1. True, but the entire fight was on their feet, where Silva entirely outclasses him.

Likewise, Roy Jones KO'd a lot of top pros in the first round, I simply meant they were relatively weak compared to him.

2. Quote Originally Posted by bikeswimlive View Post
    Everytime I speak to a Canadian, I hear the words "arrogant American". Literally, every time. Why turn this thread into some ethnocentric debate? What is it about Canada that makes you feel so vastly superior?

Rant over.

I won't buy another UFC until Lesnar v. Carwin.
    Where in the sweet ****ing Damian Maia's JJ did I say anything that implied I thought Canada and/or Canadians were superior, or even bordered on ethnocentrism? I claimed I liked a fighter apart from us both being Canadian. You know, the opposite of being ethnocentric.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    However, because you are an arrogant American and quite obviously a retard
    If I read that wrong or read too much into that, I apologize.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Ah, is this the part where you come off like a complete prick after not posting for some time, at which point we go back and forth with some playful banter? Well, the issue is just that: you come off like a condescending prick, and I take issue with it. In reality, you know absolutely ****ing nothing about me, nor did you ever, and your attempt to be "that" guy makes you come off like an immature jerk-off.

Now, ****wad, while this fact has escaped you, I thoroughly enjoy GSP because of his demeanor in and out of the ring, his humility, but most importantly, his skills as a fighter. You know, similar to the way you insist on sucking Fedor's **** at every possible moment? So, does that make you a Russian ex-pat? No, it makes you a rabid and loyal MMA fan for a particular fighter, which many of us are. If GSP suddenly became an arrogant prick and lost his skills, Canadian or not, I would no longer be a fan of him - or at least not such a fervent one.

However, because you are an arrogant American and quite obviously a retard, you assume that somebody from a "backwater" country like Canada could not possibly cheer for a countrymen for any other reason than precisely that. I cheer for GSP because he is an adept fighter; I think he is better than A. Silva because he has fought better competition and has more complete skill set.

And no, Dana claimed he had no interest in GSP/Anderson at 185, but expressed a considerable amount of interest in GSP/Anderson at 170. In fact, he just expressed that interest this week, and was quite willing to make the fight happen. So when he throws the MW belt at Ed Soares and berates A. Silva for an entire post-fight press conference, then looks dejected at the question, I will take him at his word.

While it has obviously never occurred to you to think prior to opening your mouth, you should give it a shot.

I think you might be a little bit upset. I recall you saying you are biased towards GSP bc he is Canadian. I'm just not into the whole nationalism thing. I'm sure you don't like him only bc he is Canadian. I just don't understand ppl that lean towards a fighter bc he is from their country.

Fu*k Dana regardless. He is wishy washy. I have heard him a few times insinuate that GSP didn't stand much of a chance against Anderson, but his opinion changes quickly....money money money.

5. I would love to see fans boo Anderson and when he loses cheer so loud! Too many fans at events are spread out on who they like its never that loud.

they need to have him fight 205

6. GSP v Anderson at 170 is stupid and makes no logical sense at all. Anderson is a big 185 and GSP is a big 170. Would be MUCH easier for GSP to fight at 185 than Anderson to fight at 170. For a guy who has to cut pretty hard to get to 185 to be asked to cut now to 170 just doesn't make sense at all.

Dana is a fking idiot.

7. Quote Originally Posted by bLacKjAck. View Post
    GSP v Anderson at 170 is stupid and makes no logical sense at all. Anderson is a big 185 and GSP is a big 170. Would be MUCH easier for GSP to fight at 185 than Anderson to fight at 170. For a guy who has to cut pretty hard to get to 185 to be asked to cut now to 170 just doesn't make sense at all.

Dana is a fking idiot.
    Why not fight at a catch weight?

If neither is going to permanently change weight classes then fighting for the belt would be somewhat meaningless since it would be vacated when they switch back to their normal weight classes (if AS won at 170 or GSP won at 185).

8. catch weight 181. one wouldnt care cuz the title maybe? not that silva doest care already. dana will make them fight when the UFC is slipping or Anderson is on his last chance.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-30-2010, 12:14 PM