UFC 112 Abu Dhabi

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Anyone know if the prelims will be shown on spike or versus or not at all?

I'm hoping edger at least looks better than diego did against bj.
No high hopes for the Anderson fight though..

Also the Nick Osipczak vs. Rick Story fight looks like it should be on the main card and Rafael dos Anjos vs. Terry Etim should be taken down a peg...

khakiman

Awards
i think edgar will do way better than diego and he may just beat bj. whats the odds i wonder?

Egilhard

Egilhard

Awards
I disagree. BJ has trouble agianst the bigger guys but always comes away with the win. Edgar is way smaller than Diego and not as skilled. BJ will dominate this match up from beginning to end.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Well I'm still hoping. I mean whats the point of paying for this event if its gonna be like mike tyson punching an old lady. FOR BOTH MAIN EVENTS *single tear*

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would be surprised if either of the 2 main events fights last very long. Maia will get caught, and Edgar will just be dominated. Just another reason to make them move up

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Honestly, I am thinking about skipping this event. However, the last time I did that was UFC 70...

1ArmMan

1ArmMan

Awards
For the first fight I'm going to have to go with Kendall Grove solely because of experience. Terry Etim over Rafael Dos Anjos, based on stats because I am not too familiar with these guys.

For Hughes and Renzo, I'm leaning towards Hughes. He has more experience and is just more well versed, but I think he is past his prime. On top of that he is a super nice guy even though he comes across as a **** on tv.

Bj Penn will more than likely dominate Edgar, but essentially in every fight the odds have been stacked against him and he manages to pull out upset victories. Should be a good fight if he has an iron chin.

As for the Maia/Silva fight I'd have to lean towards Silva. Even if Maia is better on the floor, Silva still has a black belt in BJJ. He won't be an easy submission. On the other hand I can't think of anyone in that weight class that can stand up with Silva.

If Silva moves up/down weight classes like he said he wants to Silva/GSP would be an awesome fight imo.

NattyT

NattyT

Awards
  • Established
Any one know a good spot on the net this is being streamed.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Honestly, I am thinking about skipping this event. However, the last time I did that was UFC 70...
Everything in me says the same thing but its got 2 title fights and most likely I'll have nothing else to do. And not having to pay for it for weeks is great until it actually comes time to pay.
You missed one the best heavyweight leg kicks in the UFC!

I'm just catching up on Countdown and Anderson was throwing out all kinds of weight classes to move to and neither of the 2 was LHW. He talkin bout going down to 170!!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
all I can say from the spoilers is wow. Another contested decision

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
SPOILERS BELOW!

First of all, the Edgar/Penn fight, though somewhat debatable, is why I am always cautious about jumping on bandwagons - i.e., why I was weary about Penn challenging GSP at WW again right away, why I was weary about Machida, why I am always cautiously confident when GSP fights, and why I focus on Anderson Silva being in by far the weakest division in MMA. Anything can and does happen!

Second, that fight is precisely why Anderson Silva is not the P4P #1 fighter in the world. Bizzare and ridiculous behavior, and hopefully, it will put the GSP/Hardy fight back into perspective with respect to what constitutes a disappointing title fights.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
awful card overall. Debateable decision, although to me the champ gets the tie. However, it opens up 155 for sure.

Anderson? WTF is that? I really wonder what Dana and the rest of the execs are going to do about behavior like that? Forcibly move him up and vacate 185? Sonnen v. Belfort anyone?

Condition1

Condition1

Awards
  • Established
SPOILER. Also, you can watch the fights the next day on MMATKO dot COM

I think BJ Penn was somewhat robbed but he should have pressed the action and made it decisive. He didn't even look disappointed after the fight.

WTF was Anderson thinking? I thought he was going to end it going into the 4th round, but no dice. He needs to fight Vitor Belfort already and honestly I hope Vitor beats him.

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
Anderson's fight really puts into perspective how ridiculous the "GSP finishing fights" thread in this forum is. And further, how ridiculous that general sentiment is. No, this is precisely what a champion not desiring to finish a fight looks like. In all honesty, this fight has increased by burning despise for Anderson Silva even more. A disgrace.
I agree. It is disappointing to a lot of people, and should be to himself.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What was also disappointing was that Maia, who we all know was going to be outclassed, is a very respectful fighter. This type of treatment was uncalled for. I truly hope that Anderson drops to 170, and I hope that GSP beats him. Truly a shame for Anderson today

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
This was really an annoying display by Anderson. This fight should not have gone past round 2 in any way. Anderson could have EASILY ended the fight and just didn't. What really blow me away is that he would let this happen after the whole debacle with Dana just a few short fights previous. Needless to say I was superbly pissed at the end of round 5.

Having said all of that, this does nothing at all to change his P4P status, it isn't his ability we questioned tonight, but his mindset - not that he couldn't, but that he didn't. As aggravating as it was (me being one of the most aggravated), you can't argue with the elite level of talent that was on display for those first 2 and 1/2 rounds (and the other 10 fights we have seen since his joining the UFC). I have no f'ing clue wtf he did towards the end of round 3 on and his explanation at the end certainly didn't help me understand any fuller. Nevertheless, (IMO) this does absolutely nothing to change the fact that he is the number 1 P4P in the world at the moment.

I am definitely looking forward to he and GSP meeting and I think it will happen very soon. I think GSP has a very good chance, he is an amazing and very smart fighter, but its tough to imagine a guy losing who has thus far been 99.9% invincible. GSP's gameplan will be absolutely perfect and I am looking forward to seeing if the execution comes through. We can argue all day who is better, but who really gives a f***? Let's let the fight happen and there will be no need for any debate.

The fight is definitely coming, and I for one cannot wait!! GSP won't let him get away with those BS antics he has been putting on recently.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
mullet i knew i was going to see you post this before i even got on. i havnt been on here latley because the fight have been boring or not muchn eed to talk about them. i am annoyed at a fan for his showing tonight. at first i was like wow bad ass and then round 4 and 5 came and i was like uhhhhhhh whens he going to do it. i clearly said he dominates fights which is great hes so complete its awesome. but this was a different story. it doesnt put it to shame its a different issue. anderson clearly could have ended the fight just by punching him on the ground not even standing up. it was just plain stupid.

Anderson silva just doesnt want to KO a brazilian in the UFC I am telling you. should have given the fight to Nate and had him not even fight sonnen.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
SPOILERS BELOW!

First of all, the Edgar/Penn fight, though somewhat debatable, is why I am always cautious about jumping on bandwagons - i.e., why I was weary about Penn challenging GSP at WW again right away, why I was weary about Machida, why I am always cautiously confident when GSP fights, and why I focus on Anderson Silva being in by far the weakest division in MMA. Anything can and does happen!

Second, that fight is precisely why Anderson Silva is not the P4P #1 fighter in the world. Bizzare and ridiculous behavior, and hopefully, it will put the GSP/Hardy fight back into perspective with respect to what constitutes a disappointing title fights.

Indeed. GSP/Hardy was not at all in the favor of Hardy period, however... the ref didn't have to talk to one of the fighters like he was a child. Hey I think GSP has a great chance at either weight. The only thing thats scored points on Silva in the UFC was wrestling via Hendo. GSP could capitalize on that.
I admit I cheered like a little girl when they said, and new champion :D at the end of the Edger/Penn fight. That fight was totally his, but not like it always goes that way *coughmachidafight*. Great job Frankie.
I'm betting immediate rematch though.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Reflecting even more on this, I think what bothers me most as a fan is the probability of being denied a GSP/Silva fight, at whichever weight class it would take place. At the post-fight news conference, Dana White said, "He [Anderson] doesn't deserve to fight GSP." And based on his performances at 90, 97 and now 112, I think White is weary of giving Anderson Silva main card status, and unfortunately for us, I simply don't feel he would risk a fight of that magnitude on Anderson Silva. So, not only did he embarrass the sport, but the jackass robbed us of probably the biggest MMA megafight to date.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=11212&zoneid=13

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
its funny you say that Mul. Dana also said that Anderson could be the first champion to fight in the prelims. That would be priceless

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That is what he deserves, most certainly.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Personally, I force him to vacate and move him up. That will show him that his behavior cannot be tolerated.

wontstop985

wontstop985

Awards
  • Established
Personally, I force him to vacate and move him up. That will show him that his behavior cannot be tolerated.
In what sport could you force somebody to change weight classes?

Of course, the UFC doesn't have any real governing body except Dana White (which is fucking retarded), so I suppose he can just do anything he wants...

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would do the same, except make his next two or three fights either on Spike TV, or on the unaired preliminary bouts. Fighters such as Anderson - particularly those represented by the smug little twerp Ed Soares - have revenue sharing clauses, such that large PPV draws derive them larger paychecks. The UFC, however, most likely has the ability to place the fighter on whichever card they choose, meaning they could negate that PPV bonus by placing them on free TV. Given that Anderson's most recent paycheck included this PPV revenue sharing, and he thus effectively stole from the fans, I would make his next two fights on Spike and/or on the preliminary bouts.

After being involved in three of the worst PPV main cards in UFC history, it is pretty evident that A. Silva is too unreliable and unpredictable to have at main card status.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would have n o trouble with that. Let him dominate on Spike for a card or two, then back as a PPV main event.

Its sad really, here is probably the most other worldly talented guy in MMA right now, but he has his head completely and firmly up his rectum. Force him to 205 and call it a day.

Then, it allows for an elimination tourney (4 guys) at 185 and some real competition.
1. Belfort
2. Sonnen
3. Wandy/Akiyama winner
4. Nate

In the end, AS needs to be punished

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Dana may want to go the prelim/undercard route as you guys mentioned anyway as people may stop buying the events where he's solely featured as a main event. Maybe thats why Dana tossed in 2 title bouts since one was Andersons. And what if Anderson's was before the BJ fight would you still have the enthusiasm for the next fight?

wontstop985

wontstop985

Awards
  • Established
UFC is becoming less and less compelling... maybe I'll just quit watching.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
Dana white is stupid to have him fight Maia. I told everyone I know its gonig to be a terrible fight. Everyone where I live asked where you watching it, whos buying it and I said dont. Its going to be a TL remake. Silvia wont destory a brazilian unless theres bad blood. Thats my own opinion but I really think its true. Belfort would go after him, WAndy would to but get TKO'ed and nate would go after him. Sonnen talks sh!t about him so there ya go. Why would dana ever have TL or maia fight him? its jsut so stupid to me. he needs to fight a stand up guy as well as trying hard with some motivation or bad blood to finish.

GSP tried to finish i give him credit but not the best he can do. GSP has been bothering me for different reasons. he can do it but isnt. Silva can but doesnt want to if its an opponent he respects. The two stories of them not finishing are WAY differernt IMO. Silva's out weighs GSP's a lot more because GSP was following a game plan pushing the pace atleast. Even though I made a thread about GSP it was before this happenend so you should talk about both. They are different issues.

SIlva needs to fight for free with no win bonus along with a stand up guy with lots of hype. I would love to see belfort destory him.

On another note I dont think you can call either best p4p fighter. Id say tied for number 2, two very differt divisions, as well as styles and weight class jumps.

1ArmMan

1ArmMan

Awards
You do realize that weight classes have a minimum weight requirement right?

You don't make minimum weight the commission won't let you fight. You can't reasonably force someone to gain weight.

I had a friend weigh in for a fight in full clothing and pockets full of change to be able to fight lol

SIlva needs to fight for free with no win bonus along with a stand up guy with lots of hype. I would love to see belfort destory him.
Fighters are on contracts. Typically with fight numbers and pay outs set in stone 5-6 fights ahead of time. I'm 100% sure trying to force him to fight for free would be a breach of contract.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thats my point, strip the MW belt, make him fight at 205, which he has done before. Then hopefully, someone at 205 will engage and force him to do so

Fighters are on contracts. Typically with fight numbers and pay outs set in stone 5-6 fights ahead of time. I'm 100% sure trying to force him to fight for free would be a breach of contract.
I think (justm y guess) that he was referring to a free spike fight night, not fight for free. That is not something that can be forced

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thats my point, strip the MW belt, make him fight at 205, which he has done before. Then hopefully, someone at 205 will engage and force him to do so

I think (justm y guess) that he was referring to a free spike fight night, not fight for free. That is not something that can be forced

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Dana white is stupid to have him fight Maia.
This was my argument from the beginning too. Why do they let every other weight class wait till the #1 contender is recovered and MW doesn't. In my mind only 2 MWs should have been fighting Silva, Chael or Vitor. They should have put the MW title fight off for a few more months or just gave him a LHW. Everyone knew Maia didn't have any of the tools yet to even step into the ring.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, it is a sadder issue than I thought when we are blaming the UFC, Silva's employer, because they have failed to spoon-feed him opponents who will aggressively walk in a straight line so he can counter punch. If Anderson cannot perform "beautifully" against fighters who do not aggressively chase him, than it is an ability issue, not a desire issue. His most awe-inspiring performances have been against Leben, Franklin (x2) and Forrest Griffin. A dollar to anybody who spots the common element between those fights, haha. (Hint: aggressively chasing Anderson Silva, and then standing in front of him).

The Brazilian angle has nothing to do with it, IMO, as UFC 90 w/ Cote was similarly bizarre, and Cote is Canadian; and neither does the "respect" factor, as Anderson respected Rich Franklin immensely and he rearranged his face. In fact, it appears this an issue of disrespect, the complete opposite.

It's ironic because Jas123, who used to post on this forum, would constantly call people out for thinking A. Silva was humble, and pointed out his arrogance two years ago - and more recently, in terms of fighters, Chael Sonnen was vocal about how much of an ******* he is. I think both are right!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would actually like to see Sonnen get a shot. Not that I think Sonnen would win, but I do think he will take him down and make it interesting.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dana White was reported to have thrown the belt on the table and left during Andeson's 4th round, due to being livid at the clown show.

Also, a judge scored the fight 45/50 Edgar? I don't think so, Edgar put up a solid resistance, but I think BJ's own reputation as such a dominant fighter in his division cost him this fight, because Edgar looked good and looking good against anticipated domination gets you biased judging, imo. Edgar did more work and looked like the aggressor, but I don't think the judges gave enough credence to BJ's successful counter punching and successful jabbing. However, what's done is done and that's what happens when fights go to the judges.

Renzo.... Hughes didn't look that much better.

UFC 112 post fight press conference

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is a translation made by a Portuguese MMA fan of the exchange in the post fight press conference with Anderson Silva.

In the first question he asked the reporter what was his opinion, just like Ed Soares translated. Then he said:

"Unfortunately I´m not here to please everyone. I´m here to do my job and my job was well done. I came here respecting everybody. I fight respecting everbody and Demian was disrespectful to me, not as professional, but as an martial arts athlete and I take this very seriously. Very very serious. I did not came here for nothing. He came here to do his job and I came to do mine and I did what I trained to do: hit Demian.

Then he was asked what did he do to disrespect him:

"Look, we´re here to promote the event, our event, the best event in the world, no doubt about it. We have the best fighters in the world, but everything should be done carefully, especially brazilian against brazilian, because where we came (and I don´t know which school he went), I came from a school where I learned to respect all my opponents, and I didn´t disrespect anyone here, as I said before. And everytime an opponent came to fight me and disrespect my morals as a black belt martial artist, this is gonna happen. Unfortunately some did like and some didn´t, but he paid for the stupid things that he said."

The third question about the crowd:

"I thinks fight are that way, sometimes we win, sometimes we lose, sometimes people like the fight and sometimes don´t. When we have a fight with a guy like Demian, a very dangerous fighter on the ground, as well as other opponents that I had with that were jiu-jitsu fighters, I must be careful. After Minotauro, Demian has the most dangerous jiu-jitsu in the UFC. So I did what I planned and set the pace of the fight. Fight is a fight, at some moment he was better than me, and at some moment I was better than him. I was able to execute my strategy and this was the result."

4th question: For those who don´t know, What did Demian said...:

"It starts with some little things. I never disrespect any opponent of mine. My first fight here was against Chris Leben and I was never disrespectful with any of my opponents. I always respected them when I started training martial arts. It started when he told that "spider has four legs and one I will take" or "if the fights hits the ground i´ll submit him". I´ve been training for many years, some people say "well, he can say whatever he wants bla bla bla" but I didn´t and don´t like this.

5th question about the booing and about apologies:

"Everybody came here to see good fights. Some were good and some were bad. I don´t think I have to apologize. I did my job and it was well done. I came to do what I was training and I trained what I did and won the fight."

6th about punish him and finishing him:

"My goal wasn´t to hurt anybody. I´m not here to hurt Demian or any other fighter. My goal is to step in the octagon and do a good job: fight and make my opponent feel vulnerable. This is what I do and what I´ll keep doing. Some fights we get a knock out and other it don´t happen. I just did what I had to do.

7th about circling around in the end:

"I did what I had to do. I´m not here to apologize to anything. My job was done. My mission was accomplished

8th ...something to say for the fans:

"I thank everyone of them. They are critics and they can say what they want. I´ll keep training and trying to improve myself. There´s nothing much to say... they got used to some things that we can´t do all the, time like a knock out. It seems that the fight is easy from the outside but it´s not. Everything can go wrong with a mistake. I´m sure my job was well done.

9th ...feeling challenged at 185:

"There are many good opponents at that weight class. Demian is a jiu-jitsu athlete, not a striker. He cane to take the fight to the ground. My strategy was to keep standing up and his was to take to the ground. During the fight he realized that he had to strike with me. I kept my game plan: hit him and get out until the fight ends so I remain champion."

There you go. Hopefully you all can understand.

1ArmMan

1ArmMan

Awards
This is a translation made by a Portuguese MMA fan of the exchange in the post fight press conference with Anderson Silva.
That actually makes sense from a fighter PoV. He's there to win. I knew he was keeping his distance because Maia is dangerous on the ground.

Ah my mistake. Sorry. :08:

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Also, a judge scored the fight 45/50 Edgar? I don't think so, Edgar put up a solid resistance, but I think BJ's own reputation as such a dominant fighter in his division cost him this fight, because Edgar looked good and looking good against anticipated domination gets you biased judging, imo. Edgar did more work and looked like the aggressor, but I don't think the judges gave enough credence to BJ's successful counter punching and successful jabbing. However, what's done is done and that's what happens when fights go to the judges.
Agreed. Don't see how that judge gave a 45/50 but I am not surprised given the track record of judging in MMA.

Maybe it is time to change the structure of payouts. Reduce the base fight purse and add on a finish bonus in addition to the KO, sub, and FotN bonuses for more incentive. Dunno if it is just me but it seems like more of the top fighters are getting apprehensive about engaging. Neither Hughes nor Gracie excel at striking so why are they putting on an amateur boxing match for the fans? Yes, that was their 'supposed' best strategy for winning but ultimately the fans pay the bills and lackluster fights don't draw fans in the long run.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
that was a stupid score.

Also, He didnt want to finish Cote because he trains to last jsut a couple minutes. He has said tht before that he is excited to be going 3-4 rounds. He wanted to have a really good fight and war but he looked to calm and cote got hurt.

As a promoter it is Dana and the UFC's job to give fights to fighters that are good fights. I wouldnt say feeding him guys. He has fed two guys who didnt deserve shots. Maia and TL didnt. thats feeding. Hendo atleast gave him trouble and im sure Nate would throw bombs and go for it. You need to match guys up to make a good fight. Maia had a 1 fight win streak going in lol. Chael should have never fought Nate. Now everyone is 1-1 against eachother when it comes to contenders. the 185 pound division is just a mess and it starts with the champion Anderson Silva. Vitor Belfot needs to dethrone him.

He doesnt have bad blood with Wandy anymore I guess and wandy doesnt care about titles anymore. We need Hendo back in UFC at 185.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Some more on Silva's antics.

The MMA community is still reeling from the bizarre behavior of Anderson Silva in the main event of UFC 112. Word came out after the the fight from Demian Maia stating that he was disrespected and cursed at. Maia opted not to expand on this, but a new article on the Fighters Only Magazine Website sheds light on this.

Fans of Silva's native Brazil heard what Silva was speaking during the fight last night in Portuguese. Silva used terms against Maia that were very hateful and disrespectful that have made Silva infamous now in his home country.

MMA message forums in the Portuguese language have been talking about Silva's insults against Maia during the fight. Toward the end of the second round, Silva allegedly stated in Portuguese, "Bate na minha cara playboy." This is apparently translated into English as "Come on, hit me in the face playboy."

"Playboy" is actually is a tremendous insult in Brazil because of the class divisions in the country between rich and poor. In Brazil, playboys are hedonistic rich people that are pampered and care nothing for poor people and know nothing about actual life.

Silva also is said to have stated "Cade o Jiu-Jitsu?" or in English, "Where is your Jiu-Jitsu?"

When Maia could not get Silva to the floor, Silva is said to have shouted "Get up off your ass and get hit some more."

The tone of Brazilian MMA forums right now is that many fans are shocked and disappointed by Anderson with his performance and comments.

A poster that goes by the handle of Gomes on the Portal do Vale Tudo stated the following:

"Wow, the guy went mad. American are usually super socially-conscious with this kind of discrimination, when they discover what he said, heads will fly. This guy has lost all notion of what you can do in a fight. This type of social/personal insult is the equivalent of ‘Iron' Mike Tyson saying 'I'll f*ck until you love me, bitch!'"

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Reflecting even more on this, I think what bothers me most as a fan is the probability of being denied a GSP/Silva fight, at whichever weight class it would take place. At the post-fight news conference, Dana White said, "He [Anderson] doesn't deserve to fight GSP." And based on his performances at 90, 97 and now 112, I think White is weary of giving Anderson Silva main card status, and unfortunately for us, I simply don't feel he would risk a fight of that magnitude on Anderson Silva. So, not only did he embarrass the sport, but the jackass robbed us of probably the biggest MMA megafight to date.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=11212&zoneid=13
No. Dana was just mad after the Anderson/Maia fight. He said he might put him on the prelims. He is just talking out of anger. Dana has said many times that he doesn't want GSP/Anderson to happen because they are both huge stars and he doesn't want to ruin GSP. He insinuates over and over that GSP would not stand much of a chance against Anderson. I don't understand ppl that are so nationalistic like you. You love GSP bc he is from your country, just doesn't make sense to me. I don't care where anyone is from. I'm basing that comment off of your ridiculous GSP nuthuggery in many threads where you willingly admit you love him bc he's canadian.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
Anderson wouldnt let gsp take him down. if he did he would get up so fast. if he didnt get up his BJJ would be fine and GSP couldnt finish esp GnP anderson. Silva would out strike him big time. i think if GSP was 4 inches taller and many pounds bigger with the same skill and speed its a different story. it doesnt matter tho he DOMINATES 170's. anderson is more of a 205 than a middle weight IMO. he looked very skinny lastnight. GSP might cuz a good amonut of weight to make 170 but he bulked up to get that big hes not naturally that big. it would be an uneven fight IMO. unless anderson did this stupid **** GSP would find a way to win.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
No. Dana was just mad after the Anderson/Maia fight. He said he might put him on the prelims. He is just talking out of anger. Dana has said many times that he doesn't want GSP/Anderson to happen because they are both huge stars and he doesn't want to ruin GSP. He insinuates over and over that GSP would not stand much of a chance against Anderson. I don't understand ppl that are so nationalistic like you. You love GSP bc he is from your country, just doesn't make sense to me. I don't care where anyone is from. I'm basing that comment off of your ridiculous GSP nuthuggery in many threads where you willingly admit you love him bc he's canadian.
Ah, is this the part where you come off like a complete prick after not posting for some time, at which point we go back and forth with some playful banter? Well, the issue is just that: you come off like a condescending prick, and I take issue with it. In reality, you know absolutely ****ing nothing about me, nor did you ever, and your attempt to be "that" guy makes you come off like an immature jerk-off.

Now, ****wad, while this fact has escaped you, I thoroughly enjoy GSP because of his demeanor in and out of the ring, his humility, but most importantly, his skills as a fighter. You know, similar to the way you insist on sucking Fedor's **** at every possible moment? So, does that make you a Russian ex-pat? No, it makes you a rabid and loyal MMA fan for a particular fighter, which many of us are. If GSP suddenly became an arrogant prick and lost his skills, Canadian or not, I would no longer be a fan of him - or at least not such a fervent one.

However, because you are an arrogant American and quite obviously a retard, you assume that somebody from a "backwater" country like Canada could not possibly cheer for a countrymen for any other reason than precisely that. I cheer for GSP because he is an adept fighter; I think he is better than A. Silva because he has fought better competition and has more complete skill set.

And no, Dana claimed he had no interest in GSP/Anderson at 185, but expressed a considerable amount of interest in GSP/Anderson at 170. In fact, he just expressed that interest this week, and was quite willing to make the fight happen. So when he throws the MW belt at Ed Soares and berates A. Silva for an entire post-fight press conference, then looks dejected at the question, I will take him at his word.

While it has obviously never occurred to you to think prior to opening your mouth, you should give it a shot.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dana's comments about Anderson/GSP is based on weight. At 185lbs he has no interest, and he has specifically said it was based on how "good" Anderson was at 205. However, it becomes a more compelling fight at 170, as the concern truly becomes, does Anderson lose anything in that type of cut.

In terms of GSP "likability" he comes off as a respectful guy. After the Serra I fight, that altered a bit, but since that point he has done nothing to dissuade the fans. I am no huge GSP fan, but I do respect him. At the end of the day, I am from Long Island, and as a result really root for Matt Serra. However, when he sounds like a dbag, I acknowledge it.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What's really, really sad about the whole thing is that Andy still has a "get ****ed" attitude towards the fans. I absolutely cannot stand the guy and he hasn't finished a title bout since 10/07 in the weakest division in MMA (Leites and Cote are not top-10 MWs, either). To hell with Anderson Silva, already. Make his ass retire or actually fight.

Also, did anyone else notice how Anderson's gloves weren't wrapped?