GSP finishing fights

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
Seeing GSP dominating 5 rounds is fun but hes already done that with fitch and alvez. He sorta finished BJ Penn but not during the round but it was good enough for me. Not he couldnt finish hardy? Whens this guy going to start finshing guys, hes playing it too soft after getting caught by Matt Serra. Not taking away from GSP at all hes a way better champ than Matt Hughes ever was but Im a little tired of the 5 rounds of domination not 5 rounds of war.

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
Seeing GSP dominating 5 rounds is fun but hes already done that with fitch and alvez. He sorta finished BJ Penn but not during the round but it was good enough for me. Not he couldnt finish hardy? Whens this guy going to start finshing guys, hes playing it too soft after getting caught by Matt Serra. Not taking away from GSP at all hes a way better champ than Matt Hughes ever was but Im a little tired of the 5 rounds of domination not 5 rounds of war.
woah, take it easy on the old timer man.. Dont know how someone could dislike hughes(been my favorite fighter since TUF season 2).... and about GSP, i mean can you really blame him for sticking to his game and dominating people all 5 rounds, may be a bit boring for some but he wins that way.. In MMA anything can happen standing (serra as you mentioned), I dont blame him at all for playing to his advantage... He can dictate the fight better while on the ground (unless hughes catches him in another arm bar) haha not gonna happen, sadly i think hughes is done after the gracie fight..:whiner:

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
hughes is going to beat gracie. hughes striking always bothered me tho. I dont hate him at all i always liked him but GSP blows him out of the water. GSP's have won all 5 rounds in his fights and dominated bj penn. GSP should be able to finish a guy with out risking getting KO'ed.

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
hughes is going to beat gracie. hughes striking always bothered me tho. I dont hate him at all i always liked him but GSP blows him out of the water. GSP's have won all 5 rounds in his fights and dominated bj penn. GSP should be able to finish a guy with out risking getting KO'ed.
I hope so bro.. and yeah, his striking has never really been a strong point.. GSP blows hughes out of the water now i agree... Im sure he could finish people off, but there is always a risk of getting ko'ed in mma...

mh625

Awards
well I think that Hughes was a great fighter and champion. GSP is a new breed of athlete he is a true mixed martial artist. As for him not finishing fights he did have Dan Hardy in some good submissions Hardy just refused to tap. I don't think GSP is afraid of getting KOed put yourself in his shoes if you were facing a very dangerous striker like Hardy or Alves would you stand with them or do what you are better at and out wrestle them. I believe I would do whatever i could do to win to keep my championship as long as possible.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
Hardy is just really tough guy. he will do fine in the UFC. GSP needs to pick it up tho and finish some guys. hes the most complete fighter but id like him to take risks and not get caught again.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have seen this opinion quite a bit, and it seems a bit whiny to be completely honest. Since getting caught by Serra, he finished Hughes, finished Serra, caused BJ Penn to verbally submit, and then brutalized both Fitch and Alves - or in other words, handed a thorough beat down to three top ten pound-for-pound opponents in a row after submitting Hughes and KO'ing Serra.

As far as fearing getting KO'd, he stood, traded with, and out struck Fitch, BJ and Alves all in a row. I think everybody needs to stop, take a breath, and re-watch some fights, haha.

I could take this point if there was no attempt to finish fights, but that's not the case: he pulled his groin trying to finish Alves, knocked Fitch down at least three times, etc.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Hardy is just really tough guy. he will do fine in the UFC. GSP needs to pick it up tho and finish some guys. hes the most complete fighter but id like him to take risks and not get caught again.
The most complete fighter? MMM...I beg to differ...Anderson Silva is greatness personified IMO. However, GSP is near that same level for sure.

Cheers!:cheers:

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The most complete fighter? MMM...I beg to differ...Anderson Silva is greatness personified IMO. However, GSP is near that same level for sure.

Cheers!:cheers:
Anderson Silva is amazing, but that in no way means he is complete: GSP does everything excellently, Anderson does one thing other-worldly. Anderson's JJ is not phenomenal, his wrestling (Lutter, Hendo, etc., took him down) is similarly weak. But with that being said, he is such a beautifully destructive force, that he does not need those skills per se. That is why many people have him at the top of P4P list, but I think most would agree GSP is a more complete fighter in terms of rounded skill set.

Rustysballs

Awards
I have seen this opinion quite a bit, and it seems a bit whiny to be completely honest. Since getting caught by Serra, he finished Hughes, finished Serra, caused BJ Penn to verbally submit, and then brutalized both Fitch and Alves - or in other words, handed a thorough beat down to three top ten pound-for-pound opponents in a row after submitting Hughes and KO'ing Serra.

As far as fearing getting KO'd, he stood, traded with, and out struck Fitch, BJ and Alves all in a row. I think everybody needs to stop, take a breath, and re-watch some fights, haha.

I could take this point if there was no attempt to finish fights, but that's not the case: he pulled his groin trying to finish Alves, knocked Fitch down at least three times, etc.
Penn didn't verbally submit.His corner stopped the fight.

Rustysballs

Awards
Anderson Silva is amazing, but that in no way means he is complete: GSP does everything excellently, Anderson does one thing other-worldly. Anderson's JJ is not phenomenal, his wrestling (Lutter, Hendo, etc., took him down) is similarly weak. But with that being said, he is such a beautifully destructive force, that he does not need those skills per se. That is why many people have him at the top of P4P list, but I think most would agree GSP is a more complete fighter in terms of rounded skill set.
"Anderson's JJ is not phenomenal"

Anderson is not Demian Maia,but he did submit Lutter AND Hendo.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Penn didn't verbally submit.His corner stopped the fight.
His brother asked BJ several times if he could continue, and BJ did not respond. Only after that did his corner inform the doctor BJ couldn't continue. He verbally submitted.

"Anderson's JJ is not phenomenal"

Anderson is not Demian Maia,but he did submit Lutter AND Hendo.
Very true, but does that make his JJ phenomenal? No. Not saying it is inadequate JJ, just arguing with the point that he is a more complete fighter.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
I said I know he all out dominated. all easy uni decisions some less than 45 points on cards in 5 rounds. but i just want him to look to finish. i wasnt whining at all because i did say its fun to watch 5 rounds of destruction but between him and silva not finishing is just getting a little boring because you know they can easily do it. silva even worse obviously.

Rustysballs

Awards
His brother asked BJ several times if he could continue, and BJ did not respond. Only after that did his corner inform the doctor BJ couldn't continue. He verbally submitted.

Herb Dean stopped the fight.lol

Very true, but does that make his JJ phenomenal? No. Not saying it is inadequate JJ, just arguing with the point that he is a more complete fighter.
So what do you think of GSP's JJ?You can't his JJ is "phenomenal".His last fight,he couldn't finish the arm-bar or the kimura.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
So what do you think of GSP's JJ?You can't his JJ is "phenomenal".His last fight,he couldn't finish the arm-bar or the kimura.
Did I say it was, "phenomenal"? I said GSP is the more complete fighter. Not great at this communication thing, are you? Haha.

You could put all GSP's combined skills, which I think are certainly more complete, at a magnitude of "9," just for the sake of argument. Because Anderson's striking is quite obviously other-worldly, you could put his striking alone at "8," and all his other skills at "2," making him the higher-rated fighter - which many do - but simply not the more "complete fighter."

Anderson has holes in his wrestling game, exploited by Henderson and Lutter. GSP has no holes in his game, as he has outwrestled Fitch, Kos and Hughes, and outstruck BJ Penn and Alves. This does not mean he is better, just more complete - and as I said, you can argue that even if Anderson is less complete and rounded, his striking is so unbelievable that it supersedes GSP's rounded skill set.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
they were looking for a takedown so he was out striking. gsp now makes everyone fear so badly that hes going to shoot. he could catch them striking. kos and fitch thought there wrestling was the **** but gsp did good. GSP has great game plans and the opponents fear him everywhere now. his BJJ isnt too good. yeah he has sub wins but they were easy. not hard to sub a guy after you beat the crap outta him for a couple rounds. his weakness is really good BJJ but gsp's BJJ is enough to not get submitted himself so he will dominate in other areas. there for he is more complete. andersons weakness is his fuking head and heart. hes doing things for the wrong reason. GSP has much more pride in himself and fans.

SIlva would beat gsp tho because i think we would see a monster unleashed. On another note what if silva let gsp win????? sh!t it could happen to piss dana off throwing a SUPERFIGHT OF ALL SUPERFIGHTS.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
they were looking for a takedown so he was out striking. gsp now makes everyone fear so badly that hes going to shoot. he could catch them striking. kos and fitch thought there wrestling was the **** but gsp did good. GSP has great game plans and the opponents fear him everywhere now. his BJJ isnt too good. yeah he has sub wins but they were easy. not hard to sub a guy after you beat the crap outta him for a couple rounds. his weakness is really good BJJ but gsp's BJJ is enough to not get submitted himself so he will dominate in other areas. there for he is more complete. andersons weakness is his fuking head and heart. hes doing things for the wrong reason. GSP has much more pride in himself and fans.

SIlva would beat gsp tho because i think we would see a monster unleashed. On another note what if silva let gsp win????? sh!t it could happen to piss dana off throwing a SUPERFIGHT OF ALL SUPERFIGHTS.

How is BJJ his weakness? Hell, he's a Gracie BB.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

GSP's weakness is not really good BJJ, and it never really has been. He is a Gracie-Barra BB, and his most recent submission win (Hughes) was not easy. Hughes has amazing JJ defense, and had only been submitted by Penn and Hallman (I think) prior to that. And aside from his Hughes arm bar loss, I cannot recall an instance where GSP was in danger of being submitted.

If anything, there is not really evidence of his BJJ, so I can't understand how you arrived at that conclusion?

And Anderson's weakness is not his head or heart, as he has never really wavered in a serious bout. His wrestling is his wrestling, clearly, as both Lutter and Henderson were able to take him down and control him. Getting to that point, however, is another story.

Rustysballs

Awards
Did I say it was, "phenomenal"? I said GSP is the more complete fighter. Not great at this communication thing, are you? Haha.

You could put all GSP's combined skills, which I think are certainly more complete, at a magnitude of "9," just for the sake of argument. Because Anderson's striking is quite obviously other-worldly, you could put his striking alone at "8," and all his other skills at "2," making him the higher-rated fighter - which many do - but simply not the more "complete fighter."

Anderson has holes in his wrestling game, exploited by Henderson and Lutter. GSP has no holes in his game, as he has outwrestled Fitch, Kos and Hughes, and outstruck BJ Penn and Alves. This does not mean he is better, just more complete - and as I said, you can argue that even if Anderson is less complete and rounded, his striking is so unbelievable that it supersedes GSP's rounded skill set.
Communication thing?You said Anderson's JJ is not phenomenal and I think GSP's JJ is not phenomenal.Were comparing fighters here.It's all good.

You confused me with your second paragraph but I think I know what your trying to say BUT the best striker in the game is at a 8?LMAO

Every fighter has holes in their game(fighting a different type of fighter can expose that real quick)....except Fedor.He's God.

GSP's striking is very good....his shot is the best in the game and his control once he has a fighter on the ground,but for me it's how smart he is that makes him so good.He always has his opponent thinking he's going to do one thing and then he does another.Just giving props.

I know Dana said Anderson doesn't deserve to fight GSP but I really think they are going to fight.Who do you think will win?

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
yeah weakness because its only really good. not great haha. I dont think we will see him get submitted tho. its hard to submit fitch. and hardy wont tap.

by no means did i say his bjj sucks, so dont trip balls gsp nuthuggers

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah weakness because its only really good. not great haha. I dont think we will see him get submitted tho. its hard to submit fitch. and hardy wont tap.

by no means did i say his bjj sucks, so dont trip balls gsp nuthuggers
Not tripping balls. You said his weakness is really good BJJ, I said it was not.