Florian v. Gomi

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok guys, tonight is the night. Many have been real excited about a Gomi debut in the UFC, and recently he has expressed that this will be an explosive fight. The questions about Gomi at this point in his career continue to linger. However, if he connects, KenFlo will go out. Will he connect is a major question.

Gun to my head......KenFlo via UD setting up Florian v. Maynard for the rights to lose to BJ later this year

Troy1982

Troy1982

Awards
I think Florian wins by submission in the 2nd or 3rd round but I will be rooting for Gomi and Big Country tonight.

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
big country with a ko... haha i hate him for some reason...

florian vs gomi going on now, gotta leave in like 10 mins hope it ends soon.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Big Country is ****ing great. I don't understand why ppl dislike him. He seems like a cool dude and he's a solid fighter

RIP Gomi

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
Big Country is ****ing great. I don't understand why ppl dislike him. He seems like a cool dude and he's a solid fighter

RIP Gomi
yea, he seems pretty cool and all, i think its just the physique i cant get past to take hi serious, even though he could kick my ass.. and that was a nice ko he had last night

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nelson is no joke. He has a good shot to make some noise in the UFC. Would love to see him v. JDS, Mir or Kongo next

Oh, did Gomi show up last night? Couldnt tell

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
Nelson is no joke. He has a good shot to make some noise in the UFC. Would love to see him v. JDS, Mir or Kongo next

Oh, did Gomi show up last night? Couldnt tell
he didnt do anything first round, florian tore him up with jabs, i missed the second round, and he got submitted in 3rd round.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I expected Kenny to win, but I thought it would be by out-wrestling or flustering Gomi with cage tactics, not rape by lead jab. It was disappointing cause I was rooting for the more nostalgic Gomi, but Kenny clearly out-classed him.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The way Gomi looked, he is going to struggle with a good portion of the 155lbers. His punchers were easily telegraphed, hell, he was winding up and punching from the stands.

Florian's biggest problem is that BJ is a god at 155. He will never be able to beat him. Once BJ moves up to 170, KenFlo will most likely have the belt. Until that happens, he is not going to get a sniff of it.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The way Gomi looked, he is going to struggle with a good portion of the 155lbers. His punchers were easily telegraphed, hell, he was winding up and punching from the stands.

Florian's biggest problem is that BJ is a god at 155. He will never be able to beat him. Once BJ moves up to 170, KenFlo will most likely have the belt. Until that happens, he is not going to get a sniff of it.
The best way the UFC would get a real shockwave through their system is to have a simultaneous move up of BJ Penn and GSP (and in my opinion, for Cain to move down to LHW to stir the waters).

The LHW division is already deep, but when you have 3 of their most elite fighters (Anderson, Lyoto and Lil Nog) who refuse to fight each other (I'm not sure that Lil Nog has made that official statement, but one can assume, their from the same family of fighters), I think Cain coming down to LHW would be domination.

I'm rooting for Shogun by the way, but I think Lyoto will get the win; I don't really like Lyoto.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The best way the UFC would get a real shockwave through their system is to have a simultaneous move up of BJ Penn and GSP (and in my opinion, for Cain to move down to LHW to stir the waters).

The LHW division is already deep, but when you have 3 of their most elite fighters (Anderson, Lyoto and Lil Nog) who refuse to fight each other (I'm not sure that Lil Nog has made that official statement, but one can assume, their from the same family of fighters), I think Cain coming down to LHW would be domination.

I'm rooting for Shogun by the way, but I think Lyoto will get the win; I don't really like Lyoto.
couldnt agree more, I have been saying this for an eternity it seems. BJ, GSP and Anderson have no challenges at the weight they hold their belts. They should all vacate and move up. It would make for more excitement and competition.

I am rooting for Shogun as well, as a Shogun/Anderson or Shogun v. Lil Nog would be awesome, either for the belt.

Also, GSP/Belfort or GSP/Sonnen for the belt eventually could be fun too

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established

Cain moving down would be interesting. His skill doesn't entirely revolve around power so weight loss wouldn't hurt a lot of his strengths. He'd kill but I'm still wanting to see him up against the big HW names. Which makes me wonder who they will put in front of him next. Hopefully JDS or Mir. Also Big Country should drop down too. He could probably make middle if he ...ok i'm just kidding myself.
F vs G fight was a snoozer. I actually stopped it and went to bed. I had such high hopes. Florian should leave UFC for DREAM/STRIKEFORCE

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
there is some talk of BJ vacating after the Edgar fight. I would love to see Florian v. Maynard for the title

elscotto

elscotto

Awards
did any body notice gsp coach[foprgot his name] trying to give kenny instructions in between rounds.. but havin to stop because kennys brother wouldnt shut the hell up!! not to mention u can hear him screaming orders during the fight... if kenny can hear what he is tellign him to do,then u would think his opponet can aswell hahaha

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Kenny's brother is very annoying. Typically both corners are telling their fighter what to do and the fighter is focused on listening to their corner not listening to the opponents corner.

elscotto

elscotto

Awards
im well aware the corners yell instructions... but not like kennys bro! thats just embarressing lol

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
You aren't aware of **** imo via "not to mention u can hear him screaming orders during the fight... if kenny can hear what he is tellign him to do,then u would think his opponet can aswell hahaha"

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You can hear your cornerman very well during the fight. The main thing is that the cornerman and the fighter need very good communication and practice during training.