James TOney? Is this a joke

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
41 year old heavyweight boxing champion James Toney has signed a multi-fight deal with the UFC.

:dunno:

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I bet he barely trains for his fights in the ufc. He'll get taken down and subbed quickly. Don't let the Silverback lay his hands on you tho and you sure as **** aren't KO'ing him.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
I can't think of anyone I'd want to see him fight. Maybe Paul Buentello lmao.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Or that gracie ****head that gassed in the first round.

Troy1982

Troy1982

Awards
I'd like to see him fight Kimbo or Roy Nelson. I think Nelson would sub him rather quickly but him and Kimbo might stand and bang.

wontstop985

wontstop985

Awards
  • Established
I bet he barely trains for his fights in the ufc. He'll get taken down and subbed quickly. Don't let the Silverback lay his hands on you tho and you sure as **** aren't KO'ing him.
I bet he barely trained for most of his boxing matches in the last decade... I can't see him making the transition to MMA.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dana's trying to create a new division for Randy. The Masters Division, must be at least 40 to fight in this division.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
lol did anyone see his sitdown with Dana? DW goes, "what about kicks man, you ever been kicked in the leg? you know how to check a kick?"

toney goes, "yea ive been doing all that...front kick, back kick, side check kick"

hes got a hell of a chin though, 83 fights never been KOd.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
lol did anyone see his sitdown with Dana? DW goes, "what about kicks man, you ever been kicked in the leg? you know how to check a kick?"

toney goes, "yea ive been doing all that...front kick, back kick, side check kick"

hes got a hell of a chin though, 83 fights never been KOd.
Depending on who he fights I think he might get knocked out. Pretty sure it wont be anybody too special though.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
James Toney getting KO'd in an mma fight is not a likely scenario. Subbed most likely, possibly TKO via GnP.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
yea but you guys have to remember that if toney hits you in a 4 ounce glove hes gonna leave a big dent

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
James Toney getting KO'd in an mma fight is not a likely scenario. Subbed most likely, possibly TKO via GnP.
That is true but I was thinking GnP KO where he is going to be really uncomfortable.
yea but you guys have to remember that if toney hits you in a 4 ounce glove hes gonna leave a big dent
If anyone is dumb enough to try and stand and bang with him they deserve a broken jaw. Even a nonwrestler should go immediately for the TD.

Kegger

Awards
After watching Inside MMA this week with James Toney as one of the guests, I really dislike this guy. All he could do is talk about how he is the greatest fighter on the planet. He said he would crush Brock Lesnar, Randy Couture, and many others. Then he went on to say that Fedor is only a one-dimensional fighter. The rest of his ramblings were really incomprehensible because of his "punch-drunk" vocabulary. I hope the UFC does what he asks, and gives him a top heavyweight contender to beat the piss out of him.

Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established
Hes hyping it up which is good for money. Dana is smart by signing him.

Vtaper

Awards
Hes hyping it up which is good for money. Dana is smart by signing him.
Yup, the ufc is simply trying to broaden their audience, so as far as Toney getting his azz whooped in his ufc debut? Very unlikely imo, look for his opponent to be a single-fight-contract-nobody-tomato-can like the one who was spoon fed to Herschel Walker.

Dang, Walker vs. Toney might be a good fight!

jgassen15

jgassen15

Awards
wait..stop..halt.. this guy was one of the best heavyweight boxers in the entire world.. and you're putting him on the same level as KIMBO SLICE? Please. A lot of these fighters aren't that young and don't even have martial arts backgrounds (rich franklin, forrest griffin, etc.) I don't care if he is James "Too Old" Toney, he was a professional boxer and that gives him the credentials to attmept to learn MMA and compete. Everyone said Lesnar would be a freak show, next thing you knwo he's HW champion. Dana doesn't run a circus, beside the Kimbo Slice Money Train circus. James Toney is as qualified as any. I hate to break it to you, but most of the "great" strikers in MMA aren't orthodox or wouldn't be great strikers in actual striking events. If the guy can fight, let him fight..he knows how. I'm not saying give him a title shot because that would be ridiculous. I'm not saying give him a bunny (which they probably will), because he's been running his mouth fervently about beating up Lesnar (who would take down Toney and destroy him). I'd like to see them get him a wrestler or jiu-jitsu guy though. He's old.. .he doesn't have time to learn the game by fighting 100 times, he needs to be tested right away and baptized under fire. All I'm saying is trying to group together an internet fighter and a a world-class heavyweight boxer, is absolutely asinine. He has a serious skill set that could be dangerous for anyone that tries to mess with hsi stand-up. Plus he'll probably go down to LHW, in his last fight he was only like 217 I believe and still pretty pudgy.