Rothwell out; some nobody in. - AnabolicMinds.com

Rothwell out; some nobody in.

1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

Rothwell out; some nobody in.

It has been revealed that at the UFC's australian debut Mirko Filopovic will now face Anthony Perosh who replaces Ben Rothwell who has fallen ill.The full extent of Rothwell's illness has not yet been disclosed.Also Elvis Sinosic has pulled out of his bout with fellow Australian Chris Haseman due to a shoulder injury.The ufc has decided to cancel this bout rather than find a replacement for the prelim-card fight.

Perosh(10-5MMA,0-2) faces the toughest opponent of his life in Mirko Cro Cop the ex pride champ and a legendary fighter who's devastating head kicks have seen many fighters out cold before the hit the canvas. Even though Mirko broke a 3 fight win streak with his TKO loss to Junior Dos Santos at UFC 103,and has experienced some confidence problems since,many believe he will prove himself and defend his reputation. Maybe now that he could be facing a slightly less experienced fighter he will be able to find his feet again.No pun intended

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

A part of me was disappointed that Mirko wasn't going to face a competitive opponent, another part of me was relieved that he'll get a shoe-in win to boost his confidence (and maybe motivation). We'll see how this effects him, if at all.
    NSCA - CSCS
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    A part of me was disappointed that Mirko wasn't going to face a competitive opponent, another part of me was relieved that he'll get a shoe-in win to boost his confidence (and maybe motivation). We'll see how this effects him, if at all.
    same here man, but apparently dana white says crocop will still be facing rothwell.. probably sooner than later
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.

Mirko took hardly any damage and showed a good TD defense. I wanna see cro cop take out big country hahaha. if he lost to him his career would be over tho. I am glad he won, now lets get a couple more!
  5. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteguy29 View Post
    Mirko took hardly any damage and showed a good TD defense. I wanna see cro cop take out big country hahaha. if he lost to him his career would be over tho. I am glad he won, now lets get a couple more!
    Sadly, Mirko's latest performance, though a win, did more to cement his doubters that he will probably never leave his current, mid-range talent. As a fan who has placed many-a flying-nut bars on Mirko, I tend to agree with the general consensus that his better days are far, far behind him.
    NSCA - CSCS
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.

yep he needs to fight a TUF 10 guy hahaha he even wore different shorts this time cuz he legs arnt as big.
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

In crocops defense, i did read this article today.... and rewatching the fight, i totally believe it.

Cro Cop finally got back on the win collum by defeating Perosh in UFC 110, Cro Cop defeated Perosh via TKO at the end of the second round after cutting Perosh head open with an elbow.

Cro Cop recently told the media that because Perosh got the fight in two days notice, he took it easy on his opponent;

"I admire Perosh for accepting the fight. There were much better fighters there who turned it down but i understand why; they did not have time to prepare. But, I am very sorry that i had to hurt Perosh. I tried to fight with as much consideration for him as i could. I even avoided the ground because I am 7,8 Kilos heavier than he is.

When asked why he didn't finish Perosh off, Cro Cop simply said he was too bloody and I did not want to hurt him more.

For now Cro Cop is in talks to fight his original opponent, Ben Rothwell, as soon as Rothwell recovers from the stomach flu. As, for Perosh he was awarded a 4-fight contract for taking the fight in such short notice.
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.

pretty cool stuff i guess by cro cop and the UFC. not really the Killer we used to know but respect.
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.

Yeah its hard to tell from that fight considering the circumstances, granted he still just doesnt look the same as he did during the pride grand prix era. His body just doesnt look as defined and theres a look in his eyes that is gone. I dunno maybe this time it was because he didnt want to hurt the guy we will see after he fights Rothwell. But my hat goes off to Perosh especially for choosing to continue the fight. Maybe with a better camp Perosh can have some success in the LHW division.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-17-2010, 12:05 PM
  2. Arlovski or Rothwell?
    By Hard Knox in forum MMA
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-16-2008, 11:11 AM
  3. Arlovski to face Ben Rothwell
    By Dancebot 2000 in forum MMA
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-05-2008, 02:49 PM