UFC 111: the First of Four UFC Events Shown in Movie Theaters

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
According to a report on Bloody elbow , the UFC and Kerasotes Theaters have partnered together to show UFC 111 in the company's theaters.

From the looks of it, the theaters are all located in the Midwestern part of the United States, but it's a big step towards the UFC becoming completely mainstream.

The possibilities are endless. Many of you may remember that in the days before Pay-Per-View, all of the big boxing matchups would be shown on closed-circuit television.

Fans could either go to a bar, or a theater, in their area and watch fights they normally wouldn't have been able to see. Wrestling also took advantage of this as well, showing Wrestlemania across the country.

It looks as though UFC 111 will be the first-of-four events shown in the theaters during 2010.

The opportunity to watch Georges St. Pierre battle Dan Hardy on a giant 20-foot screen with Hi-Definition surround sound will be worth the price of admission.

I have watched live UFC events at local sports bars and a Hooters, but there are always people there who have no desire to watch the fights.

Now you would be surrounded by many other rabid fans as you watched your favorite UFC superstars vie for octagon supremacy.

It seems like every other day brings mixed martial arts fans another nice surprise. This agreement is a homerun for the sport, the fighters, and the fans.

For more information on Kerasotes you can check out their website
UFC 111: the First of Four UFC Events Shown in Movie Theaters | Bleacher Report

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
I'm not sure about that my buddy was saying it will be shown some places in LA. I'll find out the details but he said something like 20 buck and possibly in the valley. Unless he was full of sh!t

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm not sure about that my buddy was saying it will be shown some places in LA. I'll find out the details but he said something like 20 buck and possibly in the valley. Unless he was full of sh!t
That'd be damn awesome.

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
It sucks, though. You have to sit in a booze-free theater with a bunch of jack-offs. No one is gonna go alone so you all could just pool the cash and watch it at home on PPV and drink and smoke til your little heart's content.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
It sucks, though. You have to sit in a booze-free theater with a bunch of jack-offs. No one is gonna go alone so you all could just pool the cash and watch it at home on PPV and drink and smoke til your little heart's content.
I booze at any movie. fk'n wallE with kids around. jk, sorta.

But yeah I'm not sure about the jerks that are gonna be all loud and obnoxious. Only I should be able to do that. I'm gonna hold out to see if enough people put in at my place otherwise I'll give it a shot.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It would really depend on the price if it would be worth it. Be better to just buy it and watch it at home if it is over $15. Then u can do whatever u want and dont have to worry about OTHER people being loud.

TipTopShape

TipTopShape

Awards
  • Established
That's my primary concern too, if all those people are going to be obnoxious and a booze free theater? where's the fun in that!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I predict it will be the largest gathering of TAP OUT shirts, ever.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
yeah its like 20 bucks. I'd say in other cases that price would weed out the low lifes but I wouldn't bet on it.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yeah its like 20 bucks. I'd say in other cases that price would weed out the low lifes but I wouldn't bet on it.
I doubt it will be successful for that much. Better to just order it at someones house and everyone pitch in some money. Pick your reasons y it would be better.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Anyone hit the theaters for this event? Curious to hear if its worth it for next time.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hit it up at the AMC by my house. It's cool, get's a little loud with everyone cheering, but it help rile you up as well which I like. Note, you can not drink alcohol there obviously if thats what you like to do when watching the fights. It's pretty damn cool on the big screen though. Overall I had a good time and don't regret trying it out. Now, for the negative thoughts... 20 bucks a ticket and a good portion of the prelim fights were live on Spike. This left only a few fights to be had PPV. Normally I would just stream it online free or invite a bunch a friends over and split the cost. If the match ups are good enough than seeing it in theaters is kinda a cool experience, but would I say it is a must... No.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The only fight that mattered to me was Carwin/Mir, but without spoiling anything I'll just say I nearly pooped myself at the outcome.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
I hit it up at the AMC by my house. It's cool, get's a little loud with everyone cheering, but it help rile you up as well which I like. Note, you can not drink alcohol there obviously if thats what you like to do when watching the fights. It's pretty damn cool on the big screen though. Overall I had a good time and don't regret trying it out. Now, for the negative thoughts... 20 bucks a ticket and a good portion of the prelim fights were live on Spike. This left only a few fights to be had PPV. Normally I would just stream it online free or invite a bunch a friends over and split the cost. If the match ups are good enough than seeing it in theaters is kinda a cool experience, but would I say it is a must... No.
The cheering part doesn't sound too bad. Was it like HD quality?

The only fight that mattered to me was Carwin/Mir, but without spoiling anything I'll just say I nearly pooped myself at the outcome.
Did you do theater too? Hells yeah that fight made some people I had over who were slightly disinterested into a roaring crowd. People that barely knew who Mir was (I needed the money what can i say) now know who the fk Carwin is.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Did you do theater too? Hells yeah that fight made some people I had over who were slightly disinterested into a roaring crowd. People that barely knew who Mir was (I needed the money what can i say) now know who the fk Carwin is.
No I didn't make it. I'm married, so Saturday night while the fight was on, I was at my wife's (she's a teacher) ex student's Eagle Scout ceremony and reception :suspect: I saw it the next day.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Not HD quality per se... big screen movie theater quality. It's projected onto the screen like a regular movie albeit I'm sure it's not on a reel of film. Still, it's good quality though.

serdna916

Awards
same way how they did it with floyd mayweather vs oscar fight..it was at my local theater for few more bucks then regular entree fee..i rather watch it at home lol..i guess its a new thing now how they show fights at local theaters..make there own profit tho lol...40 bucks to buy the show from PPV...and they charge 12-16 bucks a head..on maybe 2-3 screens? depends...****n adds up faaast lol