Mark Coleman released from the UFC

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Following Mark Colemans loss to fellow UFC Hall of Famer Randy Couture at UFC 109, the UFC has since released the MMA veteran. Coleman came into his UFC 109 fight knowing that this was the most important fight of his career as well as knowing it may be his last. Coleman fought a tough fight until Couture was able to secure the win in the second round via rear naked choke.

Mark Coleman burst on to the MMA scene in 1996 compiling a record of 6-3 in the UFC defeating the likes of Don Frye, Gary Goodridge and Dan Severn to become the first ever UFC heavyweight champion. Coleman then decided to go over to Japan and fight for Pride where he racked up a 9-5 record while becoming the 2000 Pride GP open-weight champion. Since Pride, Coleman returned to the UFC where he went 1-2 before he was released. Over all, Mark “The Hammer” Coleman is a legend who has helped move the sport of MMA to the place where it is today.
UFC Hall of Famer Mark Coleman released from the UFC | MMAPrime.TV

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He looked his age this weekend. Really nothing left for him in the UFC

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
He looked his age this weekend. Really nothing left for him in the UFC
He did look really bad and I'm not that surprised at the UFC's decision. I don't know who would want to see him after that last performance. Though all due respect to his historical contribution to MMA.

Lacradocious

Lacradocious

Awards
  • Established
Does this mean he is not retiring and going to another promotion? You would think that the UFC would have given him the chance to respectfully announce his retirement rather than simply cutting him. Unless of course he is going to Strikeforce or something.

NattyT

NattyT

Awards
  • Established
hey he could go fight hershell walker next.
Hershell Walker is a freak at his age, he would give Colmen the buisness. Hershell was always a gifted athlete, its crazy that he is still in the shape he is at his age.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sadly I think Hershel would cause issue based on what I saw from Coleman in his last fight. I would like to see COleman retire just based on respect for him, but if he goes to SF good luck to him

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Trigg was released too.

Following UFC 109 last weekend, the promotion has released several fighters including headliner Mark Coleman, as well as Frank Trigg, Tim Hague, and Phillipe Nover....

Lean1038

Lean1038

Awards
Trigg was released too.
Nice! Trigg should've retired after Hughes choked him out the 2nd time IMHO.

It's even better that he got cut.

If he backed up HALF the **** he talks... He'd still suck. lol :sleeping:

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
the problem with coleman is that he never had a good work ethic. he said that he used to not train at all and just go fight. baroni said in one interview that hammerhouse was coleman's house with a punching bag on the porch, that randleman ended up stealing. coleman was succesful because he had great wrestling and lots of roid power. he also used the rules to his advantage..(headbutts in UFC, winning Pride GP with knees to the head). notice how he never had and still doesnt have even a trace of cardio. we all know what that means: lots of heavy weight training/saucing and much less "boring" mma training/rolling/running.

whats the point in being a fighter if you are huffin and puffin in the 1st round??? if you watch his fights, he would always try to get the TD to GNP. you can see him running out of gas in a guy's guard, which is more of a resting position. I mean all those years of training and you still cant build any stamina????

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
the whole hammer house is terrible. look at mark phil wes kevin and kerr or whatever. all did great with asteroids and then SUCKEDDDD. besides wes. I am not a fan of them.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hammer House hasn't been around for years, but this release is total bull****. Huge slap in the face to Coleman.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
they reallly should have given him easier fights. shogun and randy? come on way too hard

ElectricPulse

ElectricPulse

Awards
so when these people are getting released they are getting kicked out but does that mean that Coleman is still in the Hall of fame? Or is he booted from that too?

Vance

Vance

Awards
  • Established
Can't get booted from the hall of fame.

Personally I think Coleman looks like a wino. Randy made him look foolish. If anything Coleman is lucky that Bonnar gifted him a win (When Bonnar was an unbackable favorite) during his return to the UFC.

I respect what Coleman did 10 years ago but he was under no illusions this was a loser goes home fight for him, and he lost.

I'm personally happy he's gone. Having him as half of a headline bout was a joke.