UFC 110

Page 3 of 3 First 123
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  88 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    well hes on the UFC roster, already had 2 fights with them. its a job you know, when they call your name you gotta man up
    true enough hey.

If i were his manager, i'd try and get a 'won't fight cro cop on 2 days notice' clause

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.

the whole cain vs fedor is stupid. ive maybe seen that once. cain is legit but who didnt know that already? wwho was actually suprised withwhat happened? no part of me was shocked at all. big nog has been knocked down by more punches in the ufc than any other HW. his stand up has lacked. this fight didnt change my opinion at all. the top 5 are lesner,mir,cain,carwin,dos santos. and those are in order. id put nog at number 6. i think dos santos wolud beat him.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by walugi View Post
    true enough hey.

If i were his manager, i'd try and get a 'won't fight cro cop on 2 days notice' clause
    and as we can see, getting massacred by cro cop earned him a 4 fight deal.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteguy29 View Post
    the whole cain vs fedor is stupid. ive maybe seen that once. cain is legit but who didnt know that already? wwho was actually suprised withwhat happened? no part of me was shocked at all. big nog has been knocked down by more punches in the ufc than any other HW. his stand up has lacked. this fight didnt change my opinion at all. the top 5 are lesner,mir,cain,carwin,dos santos. and those are in order. id put nog at number 6. i think dos santos wolud beat him.
    Someone in his camp needs to tell Nog that blocking punches with your cheek is ineffective defense.
    NSCA - CSCS
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.

People were impressed with his standup with Randy and it bothered me so bad. Randy is winning fights but still but in a different fasion. Vera had great TD defense but was losing octagon control badly. Mark Coleman is just too old and done. I knew Nog would lose going in I am surprised peopel are shocked. I was not surprised Nog beat Randy Im shocked it took 3 rounds. Nog and Randy are still going to win fights and sh!t but can compete with the top 5 in there weight class. They will jsut continue to give us fun fights and memories. It would be awesome if Nog could take out someone like Rothwell or Junior Dos Santos. I know for a fact Fedor would DROP cain. I hope Carwin doesnt tho. I think Cain would have a really hard time beating frank mir. Frank is getting better and I bet next time we see him he will be a Solid 263 pounds of muscle and curly hair.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

People were impressed with his standup with Randy and it bothered me so bad. Randy is winning fights but still but in a different fasion. Vera had great TD defense but was losing octagon control badly. Mark Coleman is just too old and done. I knew Nog would lose going in I am surprised peopel are shocked. I was not surprised Nog beat Randy Im shocked it took 3 rounds. Nog and Randy are still going to win fights and sh!t but can compete with the top 5 in there weight class. They will jsut continue to give us fun fights and memories. It would be awesome if Nog could take out someone like Rothwell or Junior Dos Santos. I know for a fact Fedor would DROP cain. I hope Carwin doesnt tho. I think Cain would have a really hard time beating frank mir. Frank is getting better and I bet next time we see him he will be a Solid 263 pounds of muscle and curly hair.
    Cain v Mir would be the only instance where I'd quasi-root for Mir.
    NSCA - CSCS
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.

Cain is my fav HW. I think lesner will beat them all. and I think MIr will give Carwin and cain a really hard time and take both of those fights. Unless they can out wrestle him too. Mir is gonig to have to drop lesner to gget a win. I am just happy that the HW division is good now. They haVE like 7 super stars. Imagine if they had rogers,fedor, and overeem.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Cain is my fav HW. I think lesner will beat them all. and I think MIr will give Carwin and cain a really hard time and take both of those fights. Unless they can out wrestle him too. Mir is gonig to have to drop lesner to gget a win. I am just happy that the HW division is good now. They haVE like 7 super stars. Imagine if they had rogers,fedor, and overeem.
    I'm not as confident as you are that Lesnar would beat Cain. Clearly that'd be my preference, but my current perspective is that if Cain caught anyone in the same fashion he caught Nog, that certain anyone is going down, 25lbs advantage or not. Even Mir, as much as I hate that ***got, I don't see anyone staying on their feet if he catches someone the way he caught Kongo. Fanaticism aside, objectively, I still feel Lesnar has the strength x size x athleticism advantage on the entire HW division, but among the HW elites, it can be anyone's game all things considered.

If the fights started on the ground like a wrestling match, I say Lesnar has every fight, every time, but considering you have to trade at least a little bit in the beginning, both Mir and Cain make me nervous as a Brock fan. I don't know if it's the post-fight hype or all the new flying nut-bars being thrown on Cain, but that dude really makes me nervous as a Brock fan
    NSCA - CSCS
  9. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

I think that Lesnar has the advantage over all of the HWY's, but you are correct in your assessment, if Cain catches him on the chin, a la Nog, it will be lights out. However, the same could be said for Carwin as well.

I think it will eventually boil down to Brock v. Cain. If Lesnar gets him on his back it is over for Cain imo. Brock will be too big and too strong. However, the reverse holds true as well IMO
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.

cain mir and carwin could all dude that. but i dont know how likely it will happen. If lesner sticks to the correct plan he will takei t. cain follows a good game plan. carwin i dont know enough about. i dont know why people are huggin his nuts know tho. they should have know a young talented aka fighter would beat an older and slower guy. there isnt as much nug huggin with his as there are other superstars. i still think lesner would be cain dude. lesner is the real deal but him being gone scares me.
  11. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

I think Randy displayed a glaring weakness in Brock's wrestling game, which happened to be Randy's specialty: the clinch. And furthermore, Randy took Brock down in that facet with an enormous size, weight and strength advantage! I am suspicious of Brock's technicality and savvy in the clinch, and if Cain and/or Carwin were intelligent, they would make Brock work against the clinch, take away his length, and dirty box him.This is the most efficient manner of victory against Lesnar
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

There's also a currently, unquantifiable factor in regards to the returning, post-illness, post-extended break from the cage Brock. My gut says it won't be a huge deal, but I don't have any information to go on in order to speculate on the subject.
    NSCA - CSCS
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.

dude it sounds like a huge deal. thats a lot of time off as well as ring rust. hes getting older and didnt have much exp in the first place. this sucked ass what happenend to him. Hopefully it doesnt effect him so we dont have to listen to people making excuses for him. Im sure he will provide a great performance, I mean come on,he has a sword and skulls on him, hes a bad ass hahaha. I would have loved to see Nog fight him a couple years ago. Nasty clintch! Yeah I saw that mullet in both Mir vs Lesner II and randy vs lesner there was a slight window of time where i was liek damn not bad against a monster.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

He's a beast, no doubt.... All of his fights are the same though. He tackles you when he can and hammerfists you till youre done. I cant wait to see C0ck Chestnar lose.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.

i feel like he would take Nog out on his feet. when youare as big as him you decide where the fight is going. I love the heath hearing fight haha
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Xpballer View Post
    He's a beast, no doubt.... All of his fights are the same though. He tackles you when he can and hammerfists you till youre done. I cant wait to see C0ck Chestnar lose.
    He KO'd Randy on his feet.
    NSCA - CSCS
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.

eh i wouldnt say KO if i remember. it was like knock down and finished him with hammers.
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

eh i wouldnt say KO if i remember. it was like knock down and finished him with hammers.
    you mean donkey punches?
  •