UFC 110

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is a pretty interesting card, especially the main card. Kinda torn on Cain v. Nog. Lets see some thoughts on this one:

Big Nog v. Cain
Wandy v. Bisping
Stevenson v. Sotiropolous
Jardine v. Bader
Cro Cop v. Rothwell

My thoughts as of right now are:
Cain via UD
Wandy by TKO 2nd rd
Stevenson via tko rd 3
Jardine via UD
CC by ko rd 1

IF CC loses, can we finally send him away?

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
not to interested in the main event, but i hope wand destroys bisping and i actually really like watching bader from what i've seen, don't hate jardine but i hope bader takes that one

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
doesnt bader usually lay and pray ? I see him doing just that against jardine's unorthodox striking.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I could see Bader trying to grind out a decision, however, if he struggles to get the take down, I see Jardine being a real P.I.T.A. on his feet

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bader displayed some power in his last match against Schafer, and if he can shore up his striking defense and learn to reserve that power, Jardine is going to sleep.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is a pretty interesting card, especially the main card. Kinda torn on Cain v. Nog. Lets see some thoughts on this one:

Big Nog v. Cain
Wandy v. Bisping
Stevenson v. Sotiropolous
Jardine v. Bader
Cro Cop v. Rothwell

My thoughts as of right now are:
Cain via UD
Wandy by TKO 2nd rd
Stevenson via tko rd 3
Jardine via UD
CC by ko rd 1

IF CC loses, can we finally send him away?
CC by KO rd 1? As much as I'd like to join on that hope wagon, because CC was my favorite fighter back in the day, but CC hasn't shown any signs or symptoms that would lead me to diagnosing any of his fights with a KO against anyone, in the remainder of his career.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hope Wandy does bad things to Bisping.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
I feel like wand has no power at 185, anyone else feel that way? he used to really move people with leg kicks and the clinch was real strong which allowed him to sneak those looping punches in. now he looks like every other striker, the footwork head movement etc

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I feel like wand has no power at 185, anyone else feel that way? he used to really move people with leg kicks and the clinch was real strong which allowed him to sneak those looping punches in. now he looks like every other striker, the footwork head movement etc
I used to associate Wandy with a nasty clinch and the clinch-and-knee as one of his main arsenals, but not so much anymore. I'm not saying he doesn't still have a dangerous clinch, but I just can't recall him using it much in the UFC.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
bisping is so garbage. his greatest victory was Leben. I cant believe he considers himself to be in the contention

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am concerned that Bisping is going to just make it a wrestling match. I am hopeful that Wandy can catch him a la Hendo

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
did u guys see bispings video blog a couple days ago? rampage is back at wolfslair training in the coldddd

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am concerned that Bisping is going to just make it a wrestling match. I am hopeful that Wandy can catch him a la Hendo
Wandy has really, really improved his TD defense since his loss to Tito early in his career. The only one that's been able to control him on the ground since then is Arona (undefeated in ADCC).

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wandy has really, really improved his TD defense since his loss to Tito early in his career. The only one that's been able to control him on the ground since then is Arona (undefeated in ADCC).
Remember rd 3 v. Chuck. He took him down at will. I just hope Bisping is not successful with that if that is the tactic he chooses

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Remember rd 3 v. Chuck. He took him down at will. I just hope Bisping is not successful with that if that is the tactic he chooses
He didn't keep him down, though. Chuck shot in to not lose the fight in a defensive position; I don't see Bisping being up by 2 rounds and having the wrestling to TD Wand.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm not making excuses for Wandy, (but I kind of am), Chuck "waaaaaaaas" first & foremost a wrestler, who obviously only displayed it for defensive purposes, but he does have the know-how, nonetheless, to be offensive with it.

I hear you though and those particular instances frustrated me.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree, and totally understand the frustration. I am just hopeful that Wandy destroys him, but am concerned that Bisping is going to try to grind out a decision

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Side Note, spoiler topic for UFC 109

Why did the Couture/Coleman not look like two "old" guys fighting, but just one old guy getting picked on? Coleman looked slow, awkward and not at all like he was a veteran of fighting.

Also, apparently what Tito said to Mark Coleman after the fight was, "payback is a mother****er," and after their brief exchange, Jenna allegedly came up to the cage and flipped Mark off. Those two make a nice couple.

P.S. I'm unclear as to why Tito said that to Mark, I did read the explanation, but I browsed through it too quickly to retain it. Anyone (and by anyone, Rodja) know why Tito would say that? Or is he just trying to stir some relevancy back into his career with the WWE drama?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can see Bisping trying to outpoint Wand like he did against Leben, but I think that the stance will change the outcome. Leben is a southy and is pretty one-dimensional; he does have some ground skills, but nothing major. Moving to the right against Wand will expose Bisping's chin again and Wand does have very good TD.

AnabolicFrenz

Awards
I know Wandy hasnt been winning much lately but I really think he is going to sh1t all over Bisping during this match. Bisping has no knockout power so you can scratch that off the list of possibilities. I doubt Bisping will be able to just take Wandy down and if so Wandy could submit him, but most likely he will just get back up and punish him for it. For some reason I see Wandy reversing a take down with his leg sweep from behind thingy and then pounding the sit outta his face from on top. 1st rnd TKO for Silva.

Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established
Nog will rape Cain, I think Cain is highly overrated honestly. He has good takedowns but thats it. He punches like a baby and he was getting raped in standup by Kongo. He will never be able to take down Carwin or Lesnar. And if he does get to take down Nog he will get submitted.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nog will rape Cain, I think Cain is highly overrated honestly. He has good takedowns but thats it. He punches like a baby and he was getting raped in standup by Kongo. He will never be able to take down Carwin or Lesnar. And if he does get to take down Nog he will get submitted.
Hope you're right :cheers:

Xpballer

Awards
  • Established
All i gotta say is..... cmon Crocop, SHOW US SOMETHING ALREADY!

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
I'm one of the very few out there but I think Bispin will take this one. Wandy has been too wild lately and leaving way too many openings and I think Bispin will take advantage of that to try to pick him apart and take him down.

I think it will go to the judges but I see Bispin taking it.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm one of the very few out there but I think Bispin will take this one. Wandy has been too wild lately and leaving way too many openings and I think Bispin will take advantage of that to try to pick him apart and take him down.

I think it will go to the judges but I see Bispin taking it.
As far as a "current" talent call, I still give the edge to Wanderlei, but I'm not confident in his victory. I do think Bisping has a chance and I won't be shocked if he does win, just angry.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
if Wand still has any more of that 5 year / 20 win streak in him, hes gonna blast bisping to the moon. I mean UFC wouldnt have even scheduled this fight unles Wand lost those decisions and the KO to rampage. I personally think bisping is top 5 most annoying people in the world so Im really hoping he gets shut off by wanddd

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been going over the Nog/Cain fight in my head for awhile and can't see why Nog is seen as such a dog in this fight. He's faced better wrestlers and it's not like Cain is a huge threat on his feet nor will he outwork, out-grapple, or out-heart Nog. Hell, Cain's style is tailor made for a Nog choke.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been going over the Nog/Cain fight in my head for awhile and can't see why Nog is seen as such a dog in this fight. He's faced better wrestlers and it's not like Cain is a huge threat on his feet nor will he outwork, out-grapple, or out-heart Nog. Hell, Cain's style is tailor made for a Nog choke.
It's likely because a lot of people only acknowledge him for his UFC performances and outside of Nog v Couture, he has been less then impressive. There's probably a heavy consensus that Pride Nog is history. Furthermore, I'm presuming most current fans do not recognize the caliber of talent the Pride HW contained during his time there, so apart from people who watched Pride, which I doubt is the general masses, Nog will be heavily underestimated until he proves otherwise.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
couldnt agree more. I dont think people believe Nog in 2010 is the Nog of several years ago. If he is, he beats Cain easy. If he is not, and is sluggish in any way, I think Cain will outwork him, provided his sub defense is on par

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ALl I can say is wow! Cain is a monster and is a legit threat to Lesnar should they fight in July. I personally think he deserves the fight with that performance and the winner of Mir v. Carwin should fight the winner of Lesnar v. Cain

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
I may be with you on that^. One the most impressive main events in a while. Co main event not bad either but not nearly as great as Nog/Cain. Very very impressive.

Rustysballs

Awards
I was going for Cain,but I thought Nog was going to knock Cain out.Damn that was some crisp striking!!

Cordeen

Awards
  • Established
ALl I can say is wow! Cain is a monster and is a legit threat to Lesnar should they fight in July. I personally think he deserves the fight with that performance and the winner of Mir v. Carwin should fight the winner of Lesnar v. Cain
With these heavy weights it's all about who's chin is in the wrong place at the wrong time because they all hit so hard.

Cordeen

Awards
  • Established
I was going for Cain,but I thought Nog was going to knock Cain out.Damn that was some crisp striking!!
I never did think Nog had the best stand up, I wish he had of taken Cain to the floor and tested Cain's ground game. Pretty sure outcome would have been difference.

Both great fighters though.

bigzach1234

bigzach1234

Awards
  • Established
dude really.. u think cain is over-rated... he was under-rated until last night... his stand up looks real nice and crisp, he keeps everything real tight and doesnt throw wild punches.... he doesnt need to take down lesnar or carwin since he has an advantage on his feet

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Cain's boxing is obviously a lot better than the preconceived notions.

Storopolis or whatever the hell, looked beastly against Joe. I was very impressed by his boxing but his ground game was SICK.

walugi

walugi

Awards
haha cant believe the guy who fought cro cop only had 2 days notice.

1. poor bastard
2. dumb bastard

:p

Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established
dude really.. u think cain is over-rated... he was under-rated until last night... his stand up looks real nice and crisp, he keeps everything real tight and doesnt throw wild punches.... he doesnt need to take down lesnar or carwin since he has an advantage on his feet
Yeah his stand-up looked pretty good Saturday, he has a lot more power than I thought he did. He has definitely improved. But the thing with Lesnar/Carwin is they are both great wrestlers who also have 25lbs of muscle on this guy. If he is winning in the standup they will just take him down. And with the size of their necks its gonna be hard for him to knock them out. But I was wrong about the Nog fight so maybe ill be wrong about the next one too. Cain is better than I thought he was and I am very interested in his next fight.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
haha cant believe the guy who fought cro cop only had 2 days notice.

1. poor bastard
2. dumb bastard

:p
well hes on the UFC roster, already had 2 fights with them. its a job you know, when they call your name you gotta man up

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah his stand-up looked pretty good Saturday, he has a lot more power than I thought he did. He has definitely improved. But the thing with Lesnar/Carwin is they are both great wrestlers who also have 25lbs of muscle on this guy. If he is winning in the standup they will just take him down. And with the size of their necks its gonna be hard for him to knock them out. But I was wrong about the Nog fight so maybe ill be wrong about the next one too. Cain is better than I thought he was and I am very interested in his next fight.
Well, you have to remember Cain is no slouch at wrestling himself, and ASU has a very competent collegiate wrestling program (Bader is from ASU, as well). I personally doubt that Carwin has the technical prowess to take Cain down, but that is up for debate.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I keep reading about Cain v. Dos Santos (provided he gets by Gonzaga) I think Lesnar would make for an interesting fight, as his only true advantage would be size. Cain has wrestling at a high level as well, and his hands are better than I thought. Personally not a huge fan of Carwin, but just happy to see that the heavyweight division is getting interesting again

Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established
Well, you have to remember Cain is no slouch at wrestling himself, and ASU has a very competent collegiate wrestling program (Bader is from ASU, as well). I personally doubt that Carwin has the technical prowess to take Cain down, but that is up for debate.
I dunno you may be right and I know Cain is a great wrestler but even if he holds an advantage it could possibly be equaled out by Carwins extra 25lbs of muscle. Then again Carwin was only D II so who knows maybe you are right. It is getting interesting for the UFC HWs now.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
I dunno you may be right and I know Cain is a great wrestler but even if he holds an advantage it could possibly be equaled out by Carwins extra 25lbs of muscle. Then again Carwin was only D II so who knows maybe you are right. It is getting interesting for the UFC HWs now.
i dont think it will make any difference. Carwin has those massive heavy hands that people just collapse under. Also being 270 + will definitely help against a puny in comparison 245 lb Cain. RD1 tko smashed face lol

Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established
Yeah thats what im saying an extra 25+ lbs of muscle from a guy with XXXL hands who is also 6'5. The Carwin/Mir fight will be real interesting especially since Mir has been bulking up to their weight. But yeah I didnt think Cain would ever knock out Nog so who knows maybe he would surprise me again.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was sorely disappointed. I had a 45/55 gut feeling, advantage Nog and was expecting much more of a war and effort on Cain's part to pull it out, not a HL KO. Oh well.

Also, I definitely feel Cain can threaten Lesnar. I don't think 25lbs of extra muscle on the body will defuse a well placed shot by Cain on the chin (or any accurate HW for that matter). Nog looked like he got hit by a car when Cain landed those punches.

Lesnar's my boy and all, but if or when the two meet, I would hope it goes to the ground (with Lesnar ontop). Cain's hands looked like a motor vehicle collision on Nog's head.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
I never thought Nog would win. I was thinknig UD for cain or maybe a TKO late for just too mantp punches. Cain is so young and hes very good all around. Ive seen him train in the San Jose area when i made my way up north. Hes a beast and AKA is a pretty good gym. Hes only gonig to get better. People think Nog did great against randy, I was not impressed. I was so impressed when nog beat heath and sylvia because they were more at the top of there game and he had come backs. Now im sure carwin, dos santos, cain, mir would all beat him. hes just a top 5 gate keeper. dont get me wrong im not bashing him im jsut stating his place. hes a legend and i look up to him but there is young talent out right now in the heavy weights. besides carwin and lesner who are old. Randy is not hard to beat these days. He beat an old coleman and a head case brandon vera.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The Cain v Fedor, "Cain would win," talk has already started. The Cain vs. Lesnar, "Cain would win," talk is piled quite high as well. Granted Cain is a legitimate threat to anyone, but man do the wagons fill quickly.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
To me, the great thing is that he is still so young. However, lets not get too crazy just yet. The beauty of the heavyweight division is anyone can lose at any time. I will say, Cain's hands were friggin frightening imo. Nog looked out b4 hitting the ground

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It is debatable whether Cain looked phenomenal, or if Nog's "staph infection" simply reared its ugly head one more time, rendering the legend virtually immobile and stiffer than a Catholic Priest during Sunday School. It was not long ago that Nog made Frank Mir look like Anderson Silva, and I think the preemptive "he is done" mutterings were not so preemptive after all: Nog is visibly slower, less crisp and less precise in his striking and footwork, and I think now would be an apt time to bow out gracefully before absorbing too much damage.

I do think Cain looks legitimate, but I am going to temper my response here, like I tempered my response to Machida - the proclamations of greatness the MMA community tend to make almost never come to fruition. While I think Cain's manner of victory in his last two outings make for a legitimate case, and an ultimately more justifiable one, I will still withhold judgment for now!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
WesleyInman IronMag Labs 0
Blazin604 MMA 7
Apsmith4992 General Chat 19
VolcomX311 MMA 3
VolcomX311 MMA 0