Nick Diaz wants to fight GSP

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. well in the beginning he beat Gomi with a goga plata (they took his victory away because of thc in his system, God forbid weed make u fight better) besides people that fail steroid tests dont seem to get there wins taken away...

hes fought a lot of top 10'ers but the judges dont like him in the ufc so a descision in the u.f.c. will never be a victory for him he owned joe rigs im a karo fan but in my eyes they both were equal i guess. he did better then sherk, diaz defended 100 of his take downs... the judges just dont like him he fought deigo sanches but i dont think ive watched that one but he lost by descision and i wouldnt doubt it if he did better. (diego doesnt look good anymore now that he fought a champ lol)

i just really like his shows and he puts up better fights against wreslers then the standard muay thai jiu jitsu guy and gsp in my eyes is just another wresler lookin to win every descision which now that ive said that he would probaly win against diaz lol cause he cant finish a fight its be a great show wish itd happen ufc just doesnt want nick fighting a top 10'er; rodja

from my own experience mma is a mental game from prefight untill the actual fight and nick diaz plays the mental aspect.

2. right on brother, if Nick didnt get the boot from the UFC he would have fought plenty of guys on the "top10" list. He is my favorite fighter and has been for awhile. The fights are always entertaining, hes talking and taunting and doing weird $hit with his hands LOL i think its hilarious. Always precise with his punches, its great how he sets up the body shot and drops dudes with it. his BJJ is nasty, besides Aoki nobody has ever pulled off a gogo. finally dude gets down with the herb and promotes it especially for people who could really use it (cancer,glaucoma, Khrons desease). I think nick diaz is a solid dude who always gets raped by the judges, some of who have publicly said that they dont like him and dont score for him.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    right on brother, if Nick didnt get the boot from the UFC he would have fought plenty of guys on the "top10" list. He is my favorite fighter and has been for awhile. The fights are always entertaining, hes talking and taunting and doing weird $hit with his hands LOL i think its hilarious. Always precise with his punches, its great how he sets up the body shot and drops dudes with it. his BJJ is nasty, besides Aoki nobody has ever pulled off a gogo. finally dude gets down with the herb and promotes it especially for people who could really use it (cancer,glaucoma, Khrons desease). I think nick diaz is a solid dude who always gets raped by the judges, some of who have publicly said that they dont like him and dont score for him.
    There have been others to pull of a gogo; hell, Brad Imes did it twice. Diaz, and this applies to his brother, too, main problem is his lack of TD defense. I do agree that TDs are vastly overrated in American MMA, but wrestlers have a long history of success. Unless that changes, fighters like Diaz will continue to struggle against the top-tier fighters.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

4. i wanna see nick diaz pull off a inverted triangle w/ a kimura like the one guy did on the last paper view lol that'd hit the media and gsp would feel like robbie lawler lol with diaz anything could happen but i do doubt it wish it would.

5. Quote Originally Posted by v4nce View Post
    gsps stand up is as boring as machidas but isnt half as good... wow gsp has good quick legs kicks that dont effect the fighters till later in the round(s) Diaz can take a punch gsp couldnt knock fitch out so i doubt he could knock diaz out. diaz and gsp are both cardio machines. diaz and karo went 3 rounds and pretty much a equal fight the whole time. karo went 3 solid rounds with gsp and almost tapped gsp out with a simple kimura hes lucky karo was gassing out. gsp controlled bj penn and gassed him out and won while giving the audience and viewers the boringest fight u could pay for.
    Nick gassed hard in the Gomi fight, and I would not call him a cardio machine. The rest of the stand-up comments about GSP are debatable, I suppose.

diaz has reach and will actually put up a good fight out of anything havent seen a boring one yet, and gets no credit. Gsp is all about boring fights and calls him self a martial art artist and doesnt hardly finish fights
    If you think GSP/Alves, GSP/Fitch, and/or GSP/Penn were "boring" than I am not sure what else to say to you. Do you boo grapplers often? Are you from Virginia, Tennessee maybe?

stand up would be equal and probaly favor diaz so gsp will use his artistic martial arts and try to take nick diaz down and i guess try to hold him on the ground till he gasses which i would say good luck to that..
    The other stuff is certainly debatable, but you have to be joking here. Nick's foot positioning is often sloppy, and he leaves his chin exposed - especially when going for those looping uppercuts he was hitting Mariusz with. The Whitemare nearly finished Diaz precisely because his defense is poor, and once you get on the inside on Nick, his reach advantage is gone and thereby his "striking advantage" is gone. The fights Diaz has one standing up have been due to his length, not his power (pepper punches do not count) or his technical prowess (Stockton-Fu is not an official martial art). The fact is this: a crisp striker like GSP, or even Mike Swick, Dan Hardy or Anthony Johnson would destroy Nick on the feet, as much as I like him.

In reality, Nick has never beaten a Top Ten WW, and was beaten in the UFC by Riggs, Sherk, Sanchez and Parisyan. At this respective point in their careers, GSP would pick Diaz apart on the feet, and take him down at will.

I can obviously respect the nut-huggery, seeing as I indulge in some GSP nuthuggery myself, but this is one of the most inflated accounts of a fighter I have ever seen - well, since my last account of GSP.

6. I'd just like to distance myself from my doppelganger here and say that I think in a GSP vs. Diaz fight, Diaz gets about fifteen shades of **** kicked out of him.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Vance View Post
    I'd just like to distance myself from my doppelganger here and say that I think in a GSP vs. Diaz fight, Diaz gets about fifteen shades of **** kicked out of him.
    I think your doppleganger has a serious substance abuse problem.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    I think your doppleganger has a serious substance abuse problem.
    Think you might be on to something.

The crack is strong in this one.

9. Quote Originally Posted by v4nce View Post
    hes fought a lot of top 10'ers but the judges dont like him in the ufc so a descision in the u.f.c. will never be a victory for him he owned joe rigs im a karo fan but in my eyes they both were equal i guess. he did better then sherk, diaz defended 100 of his take downs... the judges just dont like him he fought deigo sanches but i dont think ive watched that one but he lost by descision and i wouldnt doubt it if he did better. (diego doesnt look good anymore now that he fought a champ lol)
    Keywords here being two: fought and beaten. The difference between the two is the difference in the quality of a fighter. Has Nick Diaz fought top ten opponents? Sure, if you count Lawler as a peripheral top ten at that time and Sherk. Has he beaten any top ten opponents? Negative, unless you were counting the Whitemare as a top ten WW at the time of that fight.

I am beginning to suspect you are Nick Diaz himself, because he gives the same excuses for his losses in the UFC: judges did not like him, takedowns are for pussies, the fight should be judged on who took more damage, and so on. I like Nick Diaz, but he is anywhere from the 8th to 10th best WW in the world, and in my eyes, he would get absolutely fucking destroyed by Alves, Fitch, Johnson or Daley (power advantages, on the last two) - let alone GSP.

10. That GSP fella' should really shore up his striking game:

6869-JonFitch_0133.jpg
    •   

11. gsp > diaz

12. Diaz is great at what he does I just dont think its enough to stop GSP.

Similar Forum Threads

1. R.I.P. Nick Winters
    By tattoopierced1 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-04-2012, 01:16 AM
  2. Nick Diaz Vs Frank Shamrock
    By dynomite in forum MMA
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-01-2009, 01:06 PM
  3. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-22-2008, 11:52 PM
  4. Replies: 10