UFC 114 - Brock Lesnar could return on May 29th against Mir or Carwin

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It has been revealed that UFC heavyweight champion, Brock Lesnar could return to the octagon as early as UFC 114 on May 29th in Las Vegas, Nevada to once again attempt to unify the division.

On a media conference call tonight, UFC President, Dana White said:

“Yeah, it's a possibility. In a perfect scenario, (Frank) Mir and (Shane) Carwin fight. One of them wins, comes out healthy, and then we do the Brock fight.”

Lesnar was also on the call, revealing the fantastic news that he will soon be back in the gym:

“I'll be back in the gym on Thursday morning. I'm going to have a mini-camp. I'm getting ready for anybody and everybody. I know the (fighters in the) heavyweight division are definitely back on their toes again because Brock Lesnar is back.”

“I don't think I beat [Mir] as bad as I could, so for me to get my hands on that stalker again - Frank Mir has made it a mission of his life. Frank Mir the stalker - it's been a while since I've had a stalker, but we'll take care of that if I ever face him again.”

“I'll just sit back, I'll sharpen my skills, and I'll be prepared for either one of those guys. If it's Nogueira, if it's Velasquez, I know one thing: all them guys are [expletive] their pants right now.”

So I guess Lesnar will be rooting for Frank Mir at UFC 111 when the Las Vegas native takes on Shane Carwin for the interim title. Will the pair complete a trilogy that many believe could still go either way after Mir gained a large amount of weight? I guess its all in the hands of Mir and Carwin.
MMABay: Powered by TapouT - All Your UFC/MMA News In One Place

I'm think I should have just posted this on the existing thread regarding this issue. Oh well :thinking:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
In conjunction with

A grudge match between former light heavyweight champions Quinton “Rampage” Jackson and Rashad Evans, originally scheduled for December then UFC 113, is now likely to take place at UFC 114 on May 29 in Las Vegas, according to Yahoo! Sports.

“Rampage” and Evans, opposing coaches on The Ultimate Fighter 10, had been set to settle their feud at UFC 107 in Jackson’s hometown of Memphis, Tennessee, but his role in “The A-Team” and brief retirement put the matchup in jeopardy. However, Jackson’s return to the UFC, announced in December, and Evan’s win over Thiago Silva at UFC 108 earlier this month put the bout back on track, but it will co-headline UFC 114 instead of UFC 113 as previously expected.

Jackson (30-7), who lost the 205-pound title to Forrest Griffin in July 2008, is coming off back-to-back wins over Wanderlei Silva and Keith Jardine, while Evans (14-1-1) rebounded from a May loss to Lyoto Machida with a unanimous decision win over Thiago Silva.

UFC 114 airs live on pay-per-view from the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas and coincides with the second UFC Fan Expo.
http://mmafrenzy.com/12859/rampage-jackson-vs-rashad-evans-shifted-to-ufc-114-on-may-29-in-las-vegas/

A Lesnar/Mir and Rampage/Rashad on the same card could be nasty. They could name it, UFC 114, BEEF.

Xpballer

Awards
  • Established

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I really wonder what the top heavyweights will do with a Brock at 100%.

Brock/Mir III will look like II in my opinion
Brock/Carwin: Carwin has a punchers chance no doubt, but thats about it
Brock/Nog: If Brock is careful on the ground I think he pounds out Nog
Brock/Cain: I think Cain might just be too small

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
I just hope he doesn't rush back into it after all he's going through. That's the quickest way to get the sh*t beat out of you. Gotta be prepared. I wish him the best and hope he's 110% when he does get back in the cage. I think after being in a hospital and bed for this long, it's gonna take a while to be @ 110%.

Vance

Vance

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I think ring rust is a real danger for Brock here, especially given that there will be no 'warm up' fights for him.

I honestly can't see Cain/Nog/Carwin doing it over Brock at all. I could see a reinvigorated Mir pulling it off. Beyond that it's going to be lucky punch territory methinks.

Stylistically I think Cain/Carwin will perform the worst against Brock being fellow wrestlers who will find it tough to man-handle Brock around - it would be interesting to see Brock try and fight off his back though, as unlikely as that is. I think Mir/Nog are the best bets to take Brock out, even then though I think the odds will be with Brock regardless.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just hope he doesn't rush back into it after all he's going through. That's the quickest way to get the sh*t beat out of you. Gotta be prepared. I wish him the best and hope he's 110% when he does get back in the cage. I think after being in a hospital and bed for this long, it's gonna take a while to be @ 110%.
Couldn't agree more. I'd rather see him make a proper return, then a quick one.