Brock Interview on ESPN Tomorrow

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Could the months of speculation about the return of UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar finally be coming to an end?

That's the question that could be answered tomorrow as the former NCAA wrestling champion makes his first public appearance in several months when he appears on ESPN's SportsCenter on Wednesday morning at 11 a.m. ET.

A UFC representative confirmed Lesnar's appearance on the program to MMAWeekly.com on Tuesday.

The champion has had a lengthy layoff since his last fight, a title win over Frank Mir, back in July 2009. Lesnar was scheduled to face top contender Shane Carwin on two different occasions – at UFC 106 and UFC 108 – but both bouts were scrapped due to Lesnar's unforeseen illness.

UFC president Dana White said in early January following UFC 108 that he hoped to know the final diagnosis for Lesnar's condition this month and it would determine if the champion would return or if his career could potentially be over.

Everyone from Lesnar's friends to trainers have come out and made statements about his potential return to the sport, but this will be the first time he has made a public appearance and interview since midway through 2009.

It's uncertain at this time if Lesnar will make an announcement about his medical condition or return to fighting, but some questions are sure to be answered when he appears on the popular sports network.
- BROCK LESNAR UPDATE ON ESPN'S SPORTSCENTER- MMA WEEKLY - Mixed Martial Arts & UFC News, Photos, Rankings & more

swollwilliams

swollwilliams

Awards
  • Established
whether you are a lesnar fan or not you gotta hope he can get past this illness and return to the cage.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Brock's (allegedly) returning to fight by this summer. He stated that his illness had a miraculous recovery and that he had lost 40lbs in the process, but has already regained 30lbs of it.

I sincerely hope that he will be 100% by his return. I could live with a Mir victory if he beats a 100% Brock, can't help but respect a legit victory, but I wouldn't be able to take his self-love-praise if he beat a less-then Brock Lesnar, it'd drive me nuts.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am curious what Mir shows up in March, considering I heard he was sitting around 280lbs right now. Curious if he will beat Carwin as well.

Personally, I am glad to hear that Brock will be back. I would prefer him to fight the winner of Nog/Cain, but just glad and hope he is 100%

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am curious what Mir shows up in March, considering I heard he was sitting around 280lbs right now. Curious if he will beat Carwin as well.

Personally, I am glad to hear that Brock will be back. I would prefer him to fight the winner of Nog/Cain, but just glad and hope he is 100%
My own logic is flawed in that I'm favoring Cain over Big Nog (just by a touch, like 49/51), yet I would give Big Nog a better chance at beating Brock, then I would Cain :thinking:

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My own logic is flawed in that I'm favoring Cain over Big Nog (just by a touch, like 49/51), yet I would give Big Nog a better chance at beating Brock, then I would Cain :thinking:
For me, it depends on whether it's a 3 or a 5 rd on whether I take Nog. There are few outside of Fedor that could beat Nog in a 5 rd fight.

I'm glad Lesnar is back and he didn't look like he lost too much size during his time away and I'm sure it'll come back easily within the next few months.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
For me, it depends on whether it's a 3 or a 5 rd on whether I take Nog. There are few outside of Fedor that could beat Nog in a 5 rd fight.

I'm glad Lesnar is back and he didn't look like he lost too much size during his time away and I'm sure it'll come back easily within the next few months.
Gas tank aside, I think my logic was that I believe Cain's fighting style is to apply his own force onto the opponent and Nog may be in a size/strength category where Cain could do that, but he couldn't be as effective in applying his own force against someone as size/strength/powerful as Brock.

On the other hand, I think Big Nog's fighting style is to apply his own force and/or really exploit the opponents mistakes, if forcing himself on the opponent isn't the way to go. I don't see Brock being beating with force from either of these two fighters, but I can see Big Nog making good of an error, whereas, I don't see Cain as that smart and capable in that area of a fighter. Therefore, I give the advantage to Cain v Nog, but I give the advantage to Nog over Cain v Brock.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'd like to see Fedor in the UFC. Heavy weights are getting interesting in UFC.

Xpballer

Awards
  • Established
Gas tank aside, I think my logic was that I believe Cain's fighting style is to apply his own force onto the opponent and Nog may be in a size/strength category where Cain could do that, but he couldn't be as effective in applying his own force against someone as size/strength/powerful as Brock.

On the other hand, I think Big Nog's fighting style is to apply his own force and/or really exploit the opponents mistakes, if forcing himself on the opponent isn't the way to go. I don't see Brock being beating with force from either of these two fighters, but I can see Big Nog making good of an error, whereas, I don't see Cain as that smart and capable in that area of a fighter. Therefore, I give the advantage to Cain v Nog, but I give the advantage to Nog over Cain v Brock.
It makes perfect sense to me, volcom... In fact, thats exactly how i thought of it too. With the way cain fights, and him being a (relatively) small heavyweight, I just dont see his style matching well against brock. He's like a mini-brock, with a lotta heart.

Vance

Vance

Awards
  • Established
I agree. Think Brock would smash Cain, I think Nog would be a more dangerous match up for him with the BJJ vs. Wrestling aspect, plush Nog's ability to take a punch, look gone for all money and then snap in a triangle/arm bar could catch Brock out.

Carwin would only have a chance keeping it standing and hopefully connecting with a big hook or overhand right. He could possibly do something in the clinch but beyond that it's all Lesnar.