Forrest Griffin vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Former light heavyweight champion Forrest Griffin is likely to fight Antonio Rogerio Nogueira in the near future, according to Fighters Only, which reports that the matchup is expected to take place “sooner rather than later”.

Nogueuria is expected to be able to return in March or April after suffering a broken ankle in December, which forced him to withdraw from a February bout against Brandon Vera.

After losing his title to Rashad Evans in December 2008 and suffering a first-round knockout to Anderson Silva in August, Griffin (17-6), the winner of The Ultimate Fighter 1, rebounded in November with a split decision win over Tito Ortiz.

Nogueira (18-3), a PRIDE and Affliction veteran, made his UFC debut in November with a first-round knockout of Luiz Cane, his sixth-straight win.

For the latest UFC news and UFC rumors stay tuned to MMAFrenzy.com.
Forrest Griffin vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira Likely for Upcoming UFC Event | MMAFrenzy.com

shawn213

Awards
I second that notion. I like both of these fighters, but I think Forrest's only chance is to stay on his feet and strike, value the leg kicks, and maybe pull off a decision.

Nogueira by submission.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
This will be quite the stepping stone to Nog. It should be interesting.

I wonder where a victory could put him as far as getting a shot at the title.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lil Nog will end this by the 2nd round imo. Hopefully it could put him in a line for a shot at Shogun (I think he takes the rematch)

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This will not end well for Forrest. Nog has the best technical striking at LHW (better than Machida's, IMO) and is the only fighter to ever really destroy Hendo. Nog KO rd 1 via straight left.

Xpballer

Awards
  • Established
I never bought into the whole forrest thing... I think we might see forrest run again lmao

purelife1

im a big forrest fan..would love to see him win but i think some of the fighters in the pool lately are just to much for him..Dana may have to use him like Randy and let the hall of famers fight each other

Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established
Yeah little Nog is gonna take this one easy, I just dont see that Forest has anything for him. This should be a quick fight.

quakebks

Awards
i am more of a griffin fan but i think nog will work him though. but i dont think griffin will go down as easy as the rest of you all think. it should be a good fight and imo a long one.

v4nce

Awards
Griffin's got this... nog has passed his time, at the same time i think forrest is goin down hill too but forrest is a tough son of a fish and always up for a fight.(u got to remember he fought anderson silva, and he makes everyone look bad) i doubt nog would have looked any better.........

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Griffin's got this... nog has passed his time, at the same time i think forrest is goin down hill too but forrest is a tough son of a fish and always up for a fight.(u got to remember he fought anderson silva, and he makes everyone look bad) i doubt nog would have looked any better.........
you do remember what happened when he fought Anderson right?

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That was a bad example.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think you're thinking of the wrong Nog...

v4nce

Awards
i am my bad lol i read nogeira and i immedatly was thinking of him and the frank mir fight

hes fight'n the one that beat my the man dan henderson :/ just sold my sprawl shorts on ebay, im gettin me a pair of the clinch gear shorts thats goin to be whats up.. lol dan henderson one of my fav fighters