KIMBO SLICE

Jake Fires

Jake Fires

Awards
  • Established
who here thinks kimbo is gonna do good.

im actually rooting for the man because he seems like a calm collective person when i was watchin him on the ultimate fighter.

yess but what about the age, and that horrible knee???

hes definately got potential

younganabolic

younganabolic

Awards
  • Established
He has improved a lot. I think it will take time, but he will do well. The only issues I see are his age and endurance. The knee is only a temporary problem and he is getting better every day (as shown in his last fight)

-Young

Tansui

Tansui

Awards
  • Established
if he fought scared of houston...who will he bang with????
I'm going to go with back yard retards and frisbee champs at the beach. lol

Jake Fires

Jake Fires

Awards
  • Established
yes but in the ultimate fighter show they had a doctor look at his right knee and the doc told him that his cartilage in his knee is deteriorating and is almost bone on bone, did anyone catch that.? i dont think hes scared to bang with anyone hes just being caustious because he the least experianced.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Not to mention he refuses to take cortisone shots to help ease the pain, which will make it very tuff for him to take those leg kicks.

Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established
his knee is not a problem at all......its arthritus...every fighter has it and deals with it with no complain...he can do good..but he has shown hesitance to try and strike with an opponent with ko power...if he fought scared of houston...who will he bang with????
He didnt rush in like I wanted him too but he wasnt really fighting scared he was circling Houston and trying to stalk him but Houston just kept running away. He will do well at 205 but he will get submitted a lot most likely unless his TD defense gets better.

Jake Fires

Jake Fires

Awards
  • Established
agreed that will def. be his main weakness.

Jake Fires

Jake Fires

Awards
  • Established
yeah he was circleing just as much as houston was...it was a bad square dance...almost 4 minutes went by without a real attempt to strike.
hes a rook in the octagon no doubt but do think hes gonna become a scary man when he gets rid of the UFC newbie gitters.

Vance

Vance

Awards
  • Established
I also didn't think much of Kimbo until I saw him on TUF and thought he came across as a really cool guy who truly wanted to better himself on the show which impressed me. When he did that first slam on Alexander that honestly had me on my feet.

I like the guy and would like to see him do well but sadly I don't ever really see him being a force at HW and the LHW division is far too stacked for him to be anything other than a 'name' gate-keeper. Doesn't mean he won't knock some guys out or put on some entertaining fights though. In addition to what's been said above I really see his biggest weakness as being his small gas tank. "Deep water" for Kimbo tends to mean the last two minutes of the first round onwards and for as long as that's the case he can hone his ground game all he wants, he's still gonna end up losing to RNC in every fight because he can't hold his hands above his waist. That was as true of him in Elite XC as much as it is now and that's what concerns me. He had enough time in TUF training that his gas tank shouldn't have been such a concern in his fight with Alexander and as you boys have said the pace of the fight wasn't exactly frantic.

That's my buck-o-five!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
he's a joke
He may never be truly competitive, but I wouldn't go as far as calling him a joke. Robbie Lawler just proved that as long as you have KO power, you're always a threat.

Jake Fires

Jake Fires

Awards
  • Established
i bet you wouldnt call him a joke in person. anyways hes got the skill hes just playing cautious because this isnt his "comfort zone" all the fighters hes fighting know more, so he doesnt want to make a dumb move and get KO'ed

Vance

Vance

Awards
  • Established
i bet you wouldnt call him a joke in person. anyways hes got the skill hes just playing cautious because this isnt his "comfort zone" all the fighters hes fighting know more, so he doesnt want to make a dumb move and get KO'ed
... again. :lol:

Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established
Yeah getting KOd by a jab is not a good sign, imagine if Tank Abott actually landed a punch on him in their fight, lol.

coldseed

coldseed

Awards
I root for the guy and he has improved, but I don't think he will make it really far. He seems like a really down to earth and likable guy.

Jake Fires

Jake Fires

Awards
  • Established
simba spice is pretty dam funny.

who knows maybe hell be a crowd shockar