UFC 108: Evans vs. Silva - AnabolicMinds.com

UFC 108: Evans vs. Silva

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

UFC 108: Evans vs. Silva

Anyone actually paying money to see this?
    I think Rashad is an exciting fighter but normally not worth the price without a title on the line. But since I've little to do this weekend I'll probably fork it out...

Evans
    Hazelett
    Lauzon
    Miller
    JDS
    Volkmann (not a good pick)
    Miller
    Munoz
    Ellenberger
    Oliveira

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Nope, not gonna pay for it... I may however, watch it online though.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
  3. New Member

108 isnt a big enough draw for me. evans isn't money well spent in my opinion.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.

i say thiago wins
  5. purelife1

ill watch it 1 hour later on utube
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by purelife1 View Post
    ill watch it 1 hour later on utube
    $hit, there are sites that simulcast it. Last time I used sopcast.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
  7. purelife1

Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat View Post
    $hit, there are sites that simulcast it. Last time I used sopcast.
    thanks bro
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  235 lbs.

Yeah, just go to channelsurfing.net, there will surely be a channel there.

But I will probably just go to a BW's or something to watch this... Doesn't sound that interesting though, shame.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  218 lbs.

I really hope Thiago knocks him out, Evans runs his mouth so much.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  160 lbs.

ill watch it at a local bar, but no drinking for me!
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedingthrou View Post
    I really hope Thiago knocks him out, Evans runs his mouth so much.
    He does believe in his own hype just a little.

I rather see Silva and Machida go at it again.
  12. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Silva is extremely overrated. His best win is against Jardine who is a only a fringe top-10 fighter. Rashad has a much better track record, more experience, and a better camp. I'll take him by TKO in round 2.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.

look to see rashad wrestle again
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  235 lbs.

Yeah, I think Shad will go for the kill.

KO, 1st round.
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  160 lbs.

I dont like rashad, but i think he will win... i would rather see him fight Rampage though, i hope they throw down this year!
  16. New Member
    Stats
    6'5"  217 lbs.

I have a feeling this will be rashad using more ground work/wrestling then a stand up fight. I'm going rashad by decision.
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Southrn View Post
    I have a feeling this will be rashad using more ground work/wrestling then a stand up fight. I'm going rashad by decision.
    You predicted correctly, but Evans dodged the bullet this time.
  18. New Member
    Stats
    6'5"  217 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by shawn213 View Post
    You predicted correctly, but Evans dodged the bullet this time.
    Yeah I had a feeling that he just didn't have the stand up to go toe to toe and rashad has been known to go to the ground when he doesn't think he can do his stand up.
  19. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Yeah I had a feeling that he just didn't have the stand up to go toe to toe and rashad has been known to go to the ground when he doesn't think he can do his stand up.
    Perhaps, we have another MMA mind here at AM. I love your insight, sir.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  20. Elite Member

Evans head movement is superior to most.
    doing my own thang!
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.

lol it was funny when he got caught. damn thiago out of gas quick.

on another note was this not the easiest card to call in awhile!!! almost as easy as fight for the troops!
  22. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

looking forward to some good cards in the future. Talk about Daley v. Kos also Florian v. Gomi, outside of the already established big fights.
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  23. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jessep76 View Post

Anyone actually paying money to see this?
    I think Rashad is an exciting fighter but normally not worth the price without a title on the line. But since I've little to do this weekend I'll probably fork it out...

Evans
    Hazelett
    Lauzon
    Miller
    JDS
    Volkmann (not a good pick)
    Miller
    Munoz
    Ellenberger
    Oliveira
    Nah I just watched it online. Solid card but not worth the $ this month since I had nobody to split it with. I was glad to see Evans work over Thiago most of the fight and to get a huge laugh at Thiago throwing it all away when he actually had Evans hurt.
  24. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

I had questions about Thiago's gas tank because most of his fights end within the 1st round. He's only gone to decision twice now and he definitely showed he has some room for improvement in the cardio department.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  25. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.

yeah i really wish he would have finished him but maybe now it will make evans vs page way better. I hope page dominates him.

who do you think will win rodja?
  26. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  229 lbs.

I thought Evans looked scared from the moment he walked to the ring until the second he got back into his dressing room. Was a big fight for him and it was funny to see him not be the one show-boating for a change.

I didn't really enjoy the main event at all, but the rest of the card was worth the price of admission. I hope Rampage puts Rashad to sleep KTFO style. He showed nothing in this fight to say that he'll be able to beat Rampage.
  27. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Rampage has been known to be inconsistent with both his training and his performance. It's hard to say how the layoff will hurt him, but I'd say that it's even money for that fight. They'll both be very motivated and the talk up to this fight will be very entertaining. I would have to say that Rashad will take this.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  28. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

I personally respect each fighter and their style but this was truly Guida-esque. cant blame rashad for not wanting to lose 2 in a row and not wanting to get KOd, but for a main event this was weaaak. I also dont think rashads wrestling is as world class as people hyped it up to be, he did get a handful of tkds but couldnt even keep Silva in guard or half guard?? thats not dominant wrestling, just good takedowns.
  29. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteguy29 View Post
    lol it was funny when he got caught. damn thiago out of gas quick.

on another note was this not the easiest card to call in awhile!!! almost as easy as fight for the troops!
    I was surprised for Dustin though, i thought he'd jump at a take down. Daley is calling out Alves. Dunno about that.
    Stout was lookin good. Hope he keeps up the improvement.
  30. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

One thing that many people don't realize, when coming off a devastating knock out, playing the next fight safe is just a natural reaction for any fighter. Some people recover where others don't but Rashad had a game plan and that was to wrestler Silva and get a win under his belt as a confidence builder towards a possible future rematch with Machida. That's just being professional.

Aside from that, my hat goes off to both fighters.
  31. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by iron fists View Post
    rashad did everything he could do not to fight...he was so worried about losing that he forgat it was a fight and not a wrestling match. Poor silva..he prolly thought he was gona get to fight, not wrestle...even rashad knows he bitched out...look at his eyes and how he tlaks in his post fight interviews...yeah he won...but silva looked better losing than evans did winning....and who cares about rashads head and body movement...anyone who knows about boxing and mma know that all his movemenats are wasted energy as it gets him nowhere...but when silva did it just bout koed his lil bitch ass. Rashad is now gona return to his lay and pray style that left him on the undercards for his first few years in the ufc....if he wants to wrestle than he should go train for the olympics with gsp...cuz its a true shame that wrestlers that are not good enough to compete with the other world class amatuer wrestlers have to flood and saturate a sport like mma and call what they are doing fighting.....htey are the exact reason that the pay is so low and people think some fights are boring..and i dnt even want to see him fight rampage because its obvious what he will do....lay and pray for a descision because he wont stand with guys that have ko power and tech boxing...let him rematch tito....
    HUH!?!?

Head movement is something that is severely lacking in MMA. One of the paramounts of western boxing is head movement as it is not nearly as emphasized in MT, kickboxing, etc.

Silva can't bitch at all; if he didn't want to lose by decision, he should have trained his TD defense more. Rashad had a smart gameplan. It wasn't the most exciting way to win, but he did what he needed to do to get the win. Far too many people bitch about wrestlers in MMA. It's a huge part and is not going anywhere. In fact, the wrestling wave 2.0 is just beginning as the money has increased and many D-1 champs are training BJJ in their off-season.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  32. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  214 lbs.

if this was a five round bout silva wouldve won hands down but it wasnt so rashad got lucky in my opinion
  33. Elite Member

I was surprised for Dustin though, i thought he'd jump at a take down. Daley is calling out Alves. Dunno about that.
    Stout was lookin good. Hope he keeps up the improvement.
    Daley over Alves any day, I have a couple reasons why, I will let time show that.............
    doing my own thang!
  34. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.

im not impressed with alvez either. id choose daily and not just because tho fat KO. i would have said this before.

rashad played it smart i would have done the same. he def didnt wanna stand with thiago.

I think the layoff and"mindfuk" will mess with rampage. hes an interesting guy. i really think he will screw up even tho i really want him to win.
  35. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

rodja..there is a big difference between head movement..that is effective .....and a bobble head...rashad is a bobble head!! and yes wrestlers are training bjj in the off season but its only so they can lay pray better..not become more submission efficient...and yes the money is there as rashad made 375,000... but the money comes from fans and sponsers and being a crowd draw......and rashad is no longer a draw as well as all the other wrestlers who lay and pray.... and silva had a gfood takedown defense...but he atleast tried to make it a fight...i could see if he just circled rashad and got taken down but he tried to fight and not wrestle....and wrestling will keep coming...but as well with the d-1 wrestlers are the world champion bjj artists and they actually know how to fight on the ground....for instance big nog and couture, or jacare and lindland..and i know silva is a black belt but not a world class black belt....that would be like saying all college wrestlers are the same...( when there is clear separation in the levels) and if the wrestlers keep fighting like rashad then the money will not longer be there...why do you think there is not a real pro wrestling league or organization...
    You are all over the place with your argument. One lackluster fight in your opinion is the end of all of the progress MMA has made. The really, really ironic part of this is that two of their biggest draws, Tito and Couture, are far from finishing machines. I don't think anyone will say that they have hurt the sport. I don't think that anyone expected this card to be as entertaining as it was and there have been FAR worse cards put out there.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  36. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew732 View Post
    Daley over Alves any day, I have a couple reasons why, I will let time show that.............
    Big Daley fans in the house.HA
    He's new to me so I'll have to let time show that as well.

As far as Rashad and his wrestling, I thought this fight looked similar to GSP's last match. Maybe people were expecting a more ****y Rashad or something reminiscent of the Sugar/Ice man fight.
  37. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Big Daley fans in the house.HA
    He's new to me so I'll have to let time show that as well.

As far as Rashad and his wrestling, I thought this fight looked similar to GSP's last match. Maybe people were expecting a more ****y Rashad or something reminiscent of the Sugar/Ice man fight.
    It's subjective hatred for Rashad. This has happened countless times in both MMA and the UFC. People grind out decisions all the time, but people are throwing a fit over this particular fight only because it's Rashad. GSP, Randy, etc. do the same thing and there's not a peep, but, because so many people do not like Rashad, they're calling him a blanket that stalls out to victory.

It's just typical living in the moment behavior. In two weeks, it will all be forgotten as the hype machine starts to warm-up for the Rampage/Evans fight, which I think will be on the Machida/Shogun card.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  38. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

Everyone's bitching about Rashad tryin to ride out a decision... But i didnt see all this bitching with the couture/vera fight. That was WAY worse.
  39. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.

Wrestling is as much a part of MMA as any form of standup martial art. Granted for most its not as exciting to watch but if a fighter only has standup and cant defend the takedown then he himself is as responsible for a lay n pray fight since he cant defend against it. These fights dont hurt MMA, they may influence certain people not to watch as much temporarily, but these fights remind other fighters that they need to train wrestling/td defense which helps to make all fighters more well rounded.
  40. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

and the reason their is not a peep when gsp and randy do it is because they throw more than one punch on the ground in 15 minute fight, and they work in the clinch instaed of hanging on for a takedown.
    Exactly how many fights has Tito finished lately? GSP basically outwrestled Kos and Thiago to a decision. Randy's last fight was one of the worst main-events I've seen in a long time. You don't like wrestlers; we get it.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

Similar Forum Threads

1. Evans vs Jackson
    By mh625 in forum MMA
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 06-06-2010, 12:45 AM
  2. Rashad Evans has Gyno
    By Tansui in forum MMA
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12-20-2009, 07:41 AM
  3. SIT THE FUKC DOWN EVANS!!!!!!!!!!
    By dedlifter1 in forum MMA