Strikeforce and WEC

purelife1

this sucks..both air live this sat at 10pm eastern ... looks ill dvr one and watch the other live

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Strikeforce is much more intriguing to me. I really want to see Jacare, Lawal, and the Melendez/Thompson rematch.

purelife1

Strikeforce is much more intriguing to me. I really want to see Jacare, Lawal, and the Melendez/Thompson rematch.
you are correct..im tired of watching Cerone fight every 3 months..whats up with that lately

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He's an exciting fighter to watch. Plus, they really don't have many other "names" to fill this card.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
ima go with strikeforce cuz WEC will be replayed tons and tons

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Cerone is a tough mofo and those guys in WEC get paid next to nothing, of course they wanna fight as soon as they get a chance

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
yeah some in both companies dont get sh!t. also a lot of smaller guys i think can fight often.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
yeah some in both companies dont get sh!t. also a lot of smaller guys i think can fight often.
dude nobody in WEC gets $hit. miguel torres, the champion, in his 5th or something title defense got 20k. urijah faber gets same pocket change. take away gym fees, mgmt fees, taxes.. -> $hit

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
yeah i know they dont get **** at all. the only way to get money is by being a huge name along with getting fight of the night or ko or sub of the night its bs.

danieltx13

Awards
  • Established
Or just go to Japan and fight. That's the real way to make money and become a star.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Melendez/Thompson fight was excellent. But f*** me those announcers are piss poor. If it wouldn't drive me crazy I'd have the sound completely off. Le/Smith was the biggest come back of the year. *not gonna spoil it* but it was going 2 and half rounds of domination and woopsy daisy there's the come back.

Ah now for WEC!

pigpen75

pigpen75

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Cerone is a tough mofo and those guys in WEC get paid next to nothing, of course they wanna fight as soon as they get a chance
seen this guy a couple times in person and he's a prick, hopefully varner or henderson kick his ass

pigpen75

pigpen75

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Melendez/Thompson fight was excellent. But f*** me those announcers are piss poor. If it wouldn't drive me crazy I'd have the sound completely off. Le/Smith was the biggest come back of the year. *not gonna spoil it* but it was going 2 and half rounds of domination and woopsy daisy there's the come back.

Ah now for WEC!
smith had an amazing come back, ****ing rocky 7

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Personally Cerrone should have won his fight against Ben Henderson, that was a poor decision, yes; Henderson did a great job surviving, but its not who survives but who out performs their opponet.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
i think the same andrew. he litterally got no points for submissions

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
rodja do you think cerrone did win that fight? i had it he won.

also the strikeforce announcers and frankshamrock are terribly annoying.

did you guys agree gilbert won that fight? i skipped the 3rd and 4th round did he win those?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I had Cerrone with the clear victory in that fight.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Henderson was relentless but clearly got out performed...

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
even tho he took him down he didnt do much on the ground. he did GnP some but it would turn into a sub. thats why i have a problem with how high wrestling scores in MMA judging. I think its very vital but should be lightened up in points.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
I really liked jacare's fight, i called the 1st round ownage finish. jacare then ran to oregon and beat lindland's a$$ in the election as well.

also, anyone else think that Mo lawal is gonna be a legend? straight manhandled whitehead and mike is a season warrior. weight difference no problem. I wanna see him fight someone very good.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll hold my breath of Mo. He's talking way too much at this stage of his career and has really now beaten anyone. Whitehead should be a LHW and looked like sludge on Saturday. He's still pretty young (28, IIRC), but I want to see what happens when he's in trouble in a fight.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
He totally got fined for that rockstar soda stunt. 10% = (i'm not a math expert) $2000? Retard.

Poor 9mm's nuts are apple sauce today. No kids for him.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
he will beat 1 or 2 washed up names then get an ass kicking but im sure he will do ok not great.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Jacare was sick, for sure. Cung Le looked pudgy as hell, you could see muffin tops from his backside and the way his nostrils flared from inflammation, ontop of his already flarey nostrils looked a bit funny. Cowboy Cerrone was awesome, once he warmed up. He seemed to have struck the Lidell v. Ortiz fear into his opponents head by the later rounds.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Jacare was sick, for sure. Cung Le looked pudgy as hell, you could see muffin tops from his backside and the way his nostrils flared from inflammation, ontop of his already flarey nostrils looked a bit funny. Cowboy Cerrone was awesome, once he warmed up. He seemed to have struck the Lidell v. Ortiz fear into his opponents head by the later rounds.
Cerrone is legit in my books.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
yeah i think so too. his muy tai was very fun to watch. i wish he had more power tho.