Holy **** Pudzianowski Is A Monster!

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Holy **** Pudzianowski Is A Monster!


    Mariusz Pudzianowski vs Marcin Najman -KSW 12 Video - Fights MMA Video Details

    what a monster! Too bad it looked like a street fight!


  2. I could imagine with that kind of stregth that if he got down some technique he would be a real threat. It's hard to overcome sheer mass AND superior strength unless they have a weak jaw.
    •   
       


  3. ^^^^agreed....look how well brock did. This guy could be a top level competitor sooner rather than later. I know all you MMA guys are going to say he has no technique and is a brawler and I dont know what im talking about, and to put him up against a real fighter with experience....but again, look how well brock did.

  4. Ya but brock has a wicked "Real" wrestling background as well. I guess were gonna have to sit back and stay tuned and see how this guy does.
    Core Nutritionals Representative

  5. mariusz is like a 3rd degree blackbelt or something....google him

  6. No doubt Pudz is an absolute beast, but don't compare a 3rd degree blk belt in karate to an NCAA Div 1 heavyweight wrestling title! That is almost the perfect pedigree to have when aspiring to be a title contender. However, with that being said, Pudz definitely has a lot of potential to go far if he chooses to.

  7. that dude is downright scary. those leg kicks look like they would take down a tree

  8. I was thinking about skill as well when competing but as long as he's able to take a hit and learns defensive more than offensive, he should fair pretty well. Realistically technique and skill require an ability to apply them to your opponent and I just can not imagine too many take downs successfully being applied. If he was only a 'muscle' guy I wouldn't be saying that but this guy has serious applicable strength and endurance.

    It would be fun to watch and i'd cheer him on... I've been a fan of his since about 2k2.

  9. The thing that makes him interesting is that his fitness level is probably WAY higher than most other heavyweights, AS WELL AS his strength/power. All he needs is to not have a dainty jaw, and he'll go somewhere. Animal.

  10. He certainly has the edge as far as intimidation. It would be frightening having that guy barreling down on you. However.

    Coming to the ring flanked by a seemingly gay man on steroids wearing capri's while rapping is not intimidating. Especially when your opponent comes out flanked by 4-5 stripper looking girls.

    And I couldn't tell if the ring announcer was some sort of pimp who was somehow in relatation to the rapper, and possibly the Russian mafia.

    I was left wondering what everyone was saying to substantiate how bizzare I found this event to be.
    •   
       


  11. ^^^^^they were all polish....nuff said

  12. It is difficult to assess Pudz's current skill level, for two reasons absolutely linked with one another. In the first place, his opponent was a professional boxer the equivalent to two weight classes below him. In the second place, that his opponent had no ground game, kicks and/or any other attack made Pudz's eventually strategy exponentially simpler. We will not be able to make an accurate judgment regarding his skill level until he faces an opponent who is a true HW, who will vary his striking, and who poses a threat on the ground - just like Brock/Mir.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by mooch2321 View Post
    ^^^^^they were all polish....nuff said
    ahh, good old xenophobia rearing its ugly head. what's your point? have you been to poland?

  14. no but my bupcha has...
    polska!!!!!!!!

    Anyways back on topic.. Guy is flavour of the month.. his size means that finding a skilled opponent will be difficult.. if he did come up again someone his weight/size then he would prob get smack around.. somehow i see him a good match for mirko cro cop..

  15. obviously he has alot more mass. but cro cop could kick down a concrete wall

  16. Quote Originally Posted by SemiBulimic View Post
    ahh, good old xenophobia rearing its ugly head. what's your point? have you been to poland?
    looks like someone must be on a diet! My sense of humor is the first thing to go too. why dont you go sfw, lhjo and pop some neovars....that always makes me feel better when im a little bit cranky.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by mooch2321 View Post
    looks like someone must be on a diet! My sense of humor is the first thing to go too. why dont you go sfw, lhjo and pop some neovars....that always makes me feel better when im a little bit cranky.
    No not on a diet. You offended me and i spoke out. End of matter.

  18. Okay, enough on this crap. Move on and deal with the thread topic.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    Okay, enough on this crap. Move on and deal with the thread topic.
    read the last 3 words of my last post.

  20. Ok, from wikipedia, so take it for whats its worth, "Pudzianowski is a fourth kyu green belt in Kyokushin kaikan karate, and has also trained as an amateur boxer"

    I just dont see him competing at an elite level until he has more training. Lesnar had superhuman strength and a Div 1 wrestling backround at Minny.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by IronFanatic View Post
    No doubt Pudz is an absolute beast, but don't compare a 3rd degree blk belt in karate to an NCAA Div 1 heavyweight wrestling title! That is almost the perfect pedigree to have when aspiring to be a title contender. However, with that being said, Pudz definitely has a lot of potential to go far if he chooses to.
    Why not? A third degree black belt in karate is NO JOKE. I certainly think a third degree black belt could compete if not rise above an NCAA div 1 wrestling champion.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Xpballer View Post
    Why not? A third degree black belt in karate is NO JOKE. I certainly think a third degree black belt could compete if not rise above an NCAA div 1 wrestling champion.
    Are you insane or just trolling? that ludicrous statement shows me you have absolutely no knowledge concerning mma and the sport of wrestling.

    How many pure karateka, kyokushin or not, have dominated? And don't say GSP or Machida, cause GSP's strengths are in his wrestling and awesome takedowns, mixed with excellent striking. And Machida has evolved past a pure Karateka, by implementing all styles in his highly unorthodox game; he also has quite solid takedown defense.

    But to say that a 3rd degree black belt in karate is comparable and or superior to an elite NCAA Div 1 wrestling championship is asinine.

  23. You guys didn't quite read it right?

    He's a 4th degree GREEN belt in Karate. Meaning roughly 4 from a black belt... Not quite black belt with 4 degrees.

    Nonetheless, who knows how well he has developed into boxing and all. It's no div 1 wrestling but still, I think he'd be pretty hard to take down and keep down so as long as he's got good takedown defense and good standup he may fare well.

  24. I think that he has a good base and with a lot of training he could be the next great. It is too tough to tell from a 45 sec fight against someone 2 weight classes below him.

    Personally, I wasn't impressed. Yeah, he is strong, like hella strong, but I think that only goes so far. I think half of the LOSERS from the Ultimate Fighter would probably beat him in a fight, let alone the winners. I just don't see him "there" yet as a fighter.
  25. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by country1911 View Post
    I just dont see him competing at an elite level until he has more training. Lesnar had superhuman strength...

    I wouldn't even compare Lesnar's strength with Mariusz's. Totally different league. Part may be from weight difference sure, but you don't win "Strongest man in the world" competitions without having quite superhuman strength.
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  26. The problem I see with Pudz is the roids - he would have to go off for quite some time in UFC, for example.

  27. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    I wouldn't even compare Lesnar's strength with Mariusz's. Totally different league. Part may be from weight difference sure, but you don't win "Strongest man in the world" competitions without having quite superhuman strength.
    I understand and thats a good point. He did win 5, I think, WSMs. I was drawing a comparison between the two as that they are both big strong men but Lesnar however had the better background.

    And the roids comment is a good one. He would def. have to clean up for UFC and who knows how that would affect his strength.

  28. Quote Originally Posted by IronFanatic View Post
    Are you insane or just trolling? that ludicrous statement shows me you have absolutely no knowledge concerning mma and the sport of wrestling.

    How many pure karateka, kyokushin or not, have dominated? And don't say GSP or Machida, cause GSP's strengths are in his wrestling and awesome takedowns, mixed with excellent striking. And Machida has evolved past a pure Karateka, by implementing all styles in his highly unorthodox game; he also has quite solid takedown defense.

    But to say that a 3rd degree black belt in karate is comparable and or superior to an elite NCAA Div 1 wrestling championship is asinine.
    No, it's not asinine at all, it's just the truth. You obviously have no idea what the skill set of a THIRD DEGREE blackbelt in karate is. Why can't i say GSP or machida? They are, infact, karate masters, and both champions. Youre an idiot... Thats the exact equivalent of me saying 'how many wrestlers are dominating a division, AND DONT SAY BROCK LESNAR'. That just wouldn't make sense, would it? Anderson Silva is also karate, and BJ Penn has a background in karate too. Hmmm... lets see, THATS EVERY DIVISION IN THE UFC BESIDES HEAVYWEIGHT.


    Since this guy isn't a third degree black belt, this arguement obviously doesnt pertain to him. I just HAD to speak out when i read that crock of ****.. Please don't take this the wrong way though. I'm NOT down playing an NCAA div 1 wrestling championship. That's some legitass ****.

  29. Quote Originally Posted by Xpballer View Post
    No, it's not asinine at all, it's just the truth. You obviously have no idea what the skill set of a THIRD DEGREE blackbelt in karate is. Why can't i say GSP or machida? They are, infact, karate masters, and both champions. Youre an idiot... Thats the exact equivalent of me saying 'how many wrestlers are dominating a division, AND DONT SAY BROCK LESNAR'. That just wouldn't make sense, would it? Anderson Silva is also karate, and BJ Penn has a background in karate too. Hmmm... lets see, THATS EVERY DIVISION IN THE UFC BESIDES HEAVYWEIGHT.


    Since this guy isn't a third degree black belt, this arguement obviously doesnt pertain to him. I just HAD to speak out when i read that crock of ****.. Please don't take this the wrong way though. I'm NOT down playing an NCAA div 1 wrestling championship. That's some legitass ****.
    It is asinine because it really doesn't take that much time to get a BB in karate and there are dozens of different kinds of karate. Wrestlers do well in MMA. I'd take a 163 lb NCAA DI champ wrestler over just about any other martial art. The list of champions that come from a wrestling base is very long.

    Short list:
    Couture
    Lesnar
    Hendo
    Coleman
    Randleman
    Rampage
    Hughes

    GSP is not a champ because of karate; he's a champ because of his wrestling. The only major karate fighter out there is Machida, but he has been doing sumo and BJJ for years. Just because you dabble in an art does not make you that kind of fighter. How many champions do you see training at a karate gym compared to, say, a boxing gym?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  30. Quote Originally Posted by Xpballer View Post
    No, it's not asinine at all, it's just the truth. You obviously have no idea what the skill set of a THIRD DEGREE blackbelt in karate is. Why can't i say GSP or machida? They are, infact, karate masters, and both champions. Youre an idiot... Thats the exact equivalent of me saying 'how many wrestlers are dominating a division, AND DONT SAY BROCK LESNAR'. That just wouldn't make sense, would it? Anderson Silva is also karate, and BJ Penn has a background in karate too. Hmmm... lets see, THATS EVERY DIVISION IN THE UFC BESIDES HEAVYWEIGHT.


    Since this guy isn't a third degree black belt, this arguement obviously doesnt pertain to him. I just HAD to speak out when i read that crock of ****.. Please don't take this the wrong way though. I'm NOT down playing an NCAA div 1 wrestling championship. That's some legitass ****.
    So, you think some joe schmo mcdojo tma 3rd degree karate blk belt can take on a D1 wrestling champ??? lol Anderson Silva is Karate? BJ Penn too?

    You sir have proven now unequivocally that you are indeed an absolute retard. Furthermore, i'll reiterate once again that you have absolutely no clue about mma, wrestling or anything for that matter. So, why don't you quit making an ass out of yourself and let the more knowledgeable people converse without being bothered with nonsensical garbage.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Mariusz Pudzianowski
    By chuck66 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-15-2010, 10:16 AM
  2. Pudzianowski vs Butterbean....no bull
    By SemiBulimic in forum MMA
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-15-2010, 10:13 AM
  3. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 08-29-2009, 09:54 PM
  4. Monster T
    By veks808 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-01-2008, 09:45 PM
  5. Mariusz Pudzianowski Shooting Test Prop!
    By CHAPS in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-25-2006, 09:33 AM
Log in
Log in