Hendo is in Strikeforce

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He has officially signed, per AOL. A Hendo v. Mousasi fight could be very interesting.

Rumor is Hendo v. Shields in March or April. Thats a bad fight for Jake

purelife1

just read about it on Yahoo..Dana claims Henderson wanted to much $$$ per fight

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cool and ya I think Hendo should out control Shields.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
hendo will beat shields and shields will fight at 170. hendo will lose to mousasi i bet

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hendo's only problem is his marketability. He's a DAMN good fighter, amongst the best ever, but he has had some consistency problems at times. His wrestling is still at the top of the game, his chin is still solid, and he can finish anyone with his right hand. Honestly, and this is not something I'd like to see, but I could see him being thrown at Fedor if he beats Mousasi. It won't be the first time he's fought at HW (he did in RINGS years ago and has fought Rod Nog x2) and it would bring together two of the bigger names in MMA for CBS/Strikeforce.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He actually talks about fighting Fedor as a distinct possibility. My thought is he is going to take as many big fights as SF throws at him. I do think he could beat Mousasi

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Is it clear which weight class he wants to be in for his first fight?

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Hendo's only problem is his marketability. He's a DAMN good fighter, amongst the best ever, but he has had some consistency problems at times. His wrestling is still at the top of the game, his chin is still solid, and he can finish anyone with his right hand. Honestly, and this is not something I'd like to see, but I could see him being thrown at Fedor if he beats Mousasi. It won't be the first time he's fought at HW (he did in RINGS years ago and has fought Rod Nog x2) and it would bring together two of the bigger names in MMA for CBS/Strikeforce.
is that you in the profile pic or did you download it from the internet?

danieltx13

Awards
  • Established
It's pretty amazing that UFC would have him coach a season of Ultimate Fighter, put him in a big match on their biggest show of all time, and somehow never have locked him into a new contract before all that.

pigpen75

pigpen75

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It's pretty amazing that UFC would have him coach a season of Ultimate Fighter, put him in a big match on their biggest show of all time, and somehow never have locked him into a new contract before all that.
yea, pretty dumb on danas part. Zuffa alos banned Henderson clothing brand clinchgear from the ufc during negotiations. pretty classy on danas part. lmao

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
he was asking for big money and was 3-2 with his wins not being great besdies bisping. he is a great fighter but is old and has only 4-5 fights left. he doesnt attract huge crowds. I am sad by this tho.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
he was asking for big money and was 3-2 with his wins not being great besdies bisping. he is a great fighter but is old and has only 4-5 fights left. he doesnt attract huge crowds. I am sad by this tho.
His fight with Rampage was one of the better fights in a long time and he's one of the bigger names in MMA. Age is not a factor with him as he is not a brawler and he knows how to slow down a fight and win.

Horrible mistake on Dana's part especially since he is the biggest contender to Andy.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
that fight was pretty good and he took a round from anderson but he should have settled for less money. is he really going to make more in strikeforce? i really wanted to see him fight nate mar or anderson again.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Yeah he seemed to fare the best against Anderson in the UFC

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hendo will destroy Shields, as he is better at everything Jake is good at. Mousassi is a possibility as well, though it depends entirely on how quick and strategic Gegard places his strikes. The question remains, however: does Gegard have enough power to put Hendo down with strikes?

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
it would take a ton of punches against the cage or something. maybe a knee then a bunch. HENDO WOULD OWNNNNNN Jake shields no doubt. I would like to see hendo be 185 champ and be cung lee

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
strikeforce is getting a bit more exciting.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
yeah still do sloppy stuff and dont have enough guy but they are growing and getting much better. I will watch them always and go if its in SJ just a 3 hour drive from me.

sowthespade

Awards
ya his 1st round with anderson he pushed the tempo looked solid. Then the fatigue kicked in in the 2nd round

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
prolly 500,000 per fight plus ppv cut

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
$hit man I love dan hes tough as nails but Nate might be too much for him at this point in his career. Nates striking is amazingg

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I believe Hendo v. Shields in April/May. That will be over quick imo

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
he was asking for more than 300,000.

Also I love Dan Hendo I think he will WRECK shields but at this point in his career he would lose to Nate Mar or vitor belfort for sure in my mind. I hope he wins and stays strikeforce 185 champ till he retires.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
he was asking for more than 300,000.

Also I love Dan Hendo I think he will WRECK shields but at this point in his career he would lose to Nate Mar or vitor belfort for sure in my mind. I hope he wins and stays strikeforce 185 champ till he retires.
He beat Vitor back in '06 in PRIDE.

Hendo's wrestling is miles ahead of Shields. There's no way that he has the gas to constantly threaten Hendo with a TD.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
i know he beat him but maybe his speed would be too much for hendo 4 years later. yeah i honestly think his striknig aswell. i was not impressed with shields striking and his wrestling didnt to much

statik

statik

Awards
UFC ****ed up on this one. Definite gain for Strikeforce. Hendo shoulda been getting his rematch with AS. It will be nice to see some of the potential matchups in SF though.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
no. hendo is way to good for lawler. mousassi is going to be the only guy who will beat him but he wants to stay at 205. he needs to be heavy look at who is training partner is lol fedor. dude do you remember hendo got 2 back to back title fights and lost both? i think he needed one more win. vitor and silva would be more fun to watch. i think hendo should have just fought someone else. I think hendo is afraid of nate mar myself. that would kiss his title shot goodbye. it sucks UFC lost hendo but i think he barley beat rich and beat another guy who isnt a real big name YET. so he only had one solid win which could have been enough but he really needed one more win or no vitor in the picture

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
no. hendo is way to good for lawler. mousassi is going to be the only guy who will beat him but he wants to stay at 205. he needs to be heavy look at who is training partner is lol fedor. dude do you remember hendo got 2 back to back title fights and lost both? i think he needed one more win. vitor and silva would be more fun to watch. i think hendo should have just fought someone else. I think hendo is afraid of nate mar myself. that would kiss his title shot goodbye. it sucks UFC lost hendo but i think he barley beat rich and beat another guy who isnt a real big name YET. so he only had one solid win which could have been enough but he really needed one more win or no vitor in the picture
Hendo is one of the few fighters I would say that is not afraid to fight anyone. He's fought the most elite of all time and held his own and then some. Wanderlei Silva still says that Hendo was his hardest fight. He'll fight at any weight above 185 and is a mean, nasty fighter. I love his style and he is still one of the best MMAist ever.

I really doubt that someone that has fought:
Wand 2x
Rod Nog 2x
Rog Nog
Andy
Rampage
Busta 2x
Franklin
Vitor
Babalu
Arona

is afraid to fight Nate. I'm not saying that Nate is not a great fighter, but he's never beaten an elite, well-rounded fighter.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
not afraid of getting KTFO but losing a title shot.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd like to see a Gegard/Hendo. Gegard's name is becoming more and more ubiquitous. He's like the (early) Phil Heath of the 205's.