Kimbo Slice Alexander Houston fight fixed?

buster0371

buster0371

Awards
  • Established
I just saw the ufc fight between Kimbo and Alexander Houston. Kimbo won. WTF!!!I cant believe that Houston Alexander got beat down and landed about 0 power head shots. That fight looks straight fixed to me. Just wanted to be the first to say it.

Kimbo should have got his face smashed. LOL. Instead he just looked scared and uncomfortable all night!

was this fight fixed?

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Nah, they both were somewhat akward because they did not know what to expect, Houston definitely feared Kimbo's power, which is what caused him the fight from the sound of the bell.

jherman08

jherman08

Awards
  • Established
If by fixed you mean Houston rounding the octagon like a scared b!tch then yes, by all means this fight was fixed in my opinion.

elscotto

elscotto

Awards
when kimbo slammed houston.. i almost fell off the couch HAHAA!!!

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
wow it was not fixed thats just plain stupidity, why cant people just not hate on him for being able to get a lucky break and make it to the ufc?

NattyT

NattyT

Awards
  • Established
I dont belive it was fixed, I just belive Houston didnt want to throw hands with a stronger brawler, Kimbo has some serious pwer when he throws his hands, you can see it with every swing. Kimbo wanted to fight but Houston kept dancing and kicking, but when Kimbo got a hold of him he gave him the buisness.

At least Kimbo admits his lack of skill and that he is still learning, he didnt look as bad on the ground as he did in the past, hes got heart and is willing to fight and learn. He deserves some credit.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
I dont belive it was fixed, I just belive Houston didnt want to throw hands with a stronger brawler, Kimbo has some serious pwer when he throws his hands, you can see it with every swing. Kimbo wanted to fight but Houston kept dancing and kicking, but when Kimbo got a hold of him he gave him the buisness.

At least Kimbo admits his lack of skill and that he is still learning, he didnt look as bad on the ground as he did in the past, hes got heart and is willing to fight and learn. He deserves some credit.
well said

buster0371

buster0371

Awards
  • Established
i think its fixed because houston alexander didnt throw one power punch or kick. When he knocked kimbo down he didnt charge him. He had almost no head movement at all. At about 2:35 seconds of the last round he knoced kimbo back and almost over with a simple twist of the shoulders and he didnt even pounce on his last opportunity to win the fight. At 3:59 seconds of the second round, he lets kimbo put a body lock on him without even trying to gain an underhook at sprawling back in the slightest way, than he pretty much falls from a pretty lame body lock by kimbo. At 2:45 seconds of the 2nd round he effortlessly escapes from kimbos mount with technique(scared of kimbos power Houston?). At 2:33 seconds of the 2nd round he kicks kimbo and falls from a slip than turns to face the fence while Kimbo attempts to bomb on him (and miss). At 2:17 seconds of the 2nd round Kimbo lands a nasty body shot, and alexander threw two super soft body shots(like the kicks). At 2:10 seconds of the second round he lets Kimbo find his way to his back, than Houston squats down a bit setting kimbo up for a big suplex, which he did so a hell of a slam from(powerful guy). Alexander fakes a double leg takedown at 2:02, seconds after being slammed (obviously kimbo sux at slams). At 0:45 seconds of the 2nd round kimbo attempts a kamoura soooooo wrong its funny(an alexander actually takes it). Finally kimbo slams Houston on top of himself with a failed suplex at 0:01 in the second round!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now Its the 3rd round and kimbo is fairly exhausted, even after spending the whole 1st round circling. At 4:45 seconds of the 3rd round Houston throws two of the funniest kicks ever, the first one he was feeling out kimbo with a leg kick from a distance, the second one he missed and started stopping the kick pretty damn early(must not have thrown it hard). At 4:30 seconds Houston FADES kimbo with a jab. Than he started walking him back with inacutare straight punches. Kimbo catches him with a counter Houston shakes his head to make it all knowticable at 4:24. He didnt throw EVEN ONE power punch in the little scuffle. At 4:15 kimbo hits him with a small jab and Mike Goldberg is like OH BIG JAB. Kimbo cracks him at 3:25 and he shakes his head to make it all knowticable. At 3:34 kimbo gets knocked down by a leg kick, at stays down cuz hes so tired. Finally Houston decides to charge him, even though this may be his last chance to finish him he waited a long few seconds to take flight. Than he lets kimbo wrap him up and stand up, avoiding any chance of some powerful headshots. At 2:20 Houston just gets tossed over with a single. Than he lets Kimbo control him on the ground for a minute. Kimbo just took some deep deep breaths, says Joe Rogan. 0:40 Houston isnt putting much pep on those leg kicks but the one he did is the one that put him down," says Joe Rogan. In the last 10 seconds of the last round Houston did a little shake and Kimbo almost fell down and Houston Alexander didnt even jump on him. And that was his last chance to win the fight. Than the bell rang and both fighters keeled over with exhaustion, obviously Kimbo was as tired as Houston.

Oh, and i dunno if this has anything to do with this but i couldnt find the Vegas betting odds on the internet. Found no odds when i googled it either. Didnt recognize the ref either!!!

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
i think its fixed because houston alexander didnt throw one power punch or kick. When he knocked kimbo down he didnt charge him. He had almost no head movement at all. At about 2:35 seconds of the last round he knoced kimbo back and almost over with a simple twist of the shoulders and he didnt even pounce on his last opportunity to win the fight. At 3:59 seconds of the second round, he lets kimbo put a body lock on him without even trying to gain an underhook at sprawling back in the slightest way, than he pretty much falls from a pretty lame body lock by kimbo. At 2:45 seconds of the 2nd round he effortlessly escapes from kimbos mount with technique(not power joe rogan).
At 2:33 seconds of the 2nd round he kicks kimbo and falls from a slip.

Oh, and i dunno if this has anything to do with this but i couldnt find the Vegas betting odds on the internet. Found no odds when i googled it either.
LOL, some interesting points, I think people were expecting it to be a no brainer win for Alexander, but this I can tell you by looking at the two fighters from before the bell, Houston was intimadated by Kimbo, but maybe Houston felt bad for him....:usa1:

OZjames007

OZjames007

Awards
meh sucks to be kimbo.. people hate him just for hating him. when in reality anyone here would give their left testicle to have his hand power..

im just exited that UFC is coming down under!

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
At first I thought I had tuned into "Dancing with the Stars". I honestly think Houston was intimidated. Both guys are sitting on the fence, in terms of records. With the UFC being "Cut happy" to lots of fighters, I feel they both weren't wanting to commit and pay the price with an "L" in their column. I'm used to seeing a very aggressive Houston, so that look was most different. As for Kimbo, I like watching a brawler, I can relate, and the guy appears to be humble, so no hate from me. the guy is just making the most of his situation. On the ground though, he looked as nervous as Rosie O' Donnell at a Weight Watchers meeting after that throw. I won't lie, I loved that throw!!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Kimbo's KO power is way too overrated. He couldn't KO Thompson and he's been KO'd 5 times in his career. He KO'd Tank, whose chin is gone, but that's it.

andro69

andro69

Awards
  • Established
If you've seen Alexanders 2 wins in the ufc compared to last night you would either think he finished (aging), he was scared, or the fight was fixed. That really was a weird fight to watch though.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
That fight sucked.

Big baby cant take a hit and needs to get out of the game.

Roy Fat Ass Nelson FTW!!...........I love it.

Next week is gonna rock, too bad its our company Xmas party. :(

Gonna have to get the spoilers and repeats.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Kimbo's KO power is way too overrated. He couldn't KO Thompson and he's been KO'd 5 times in his career. He KO'd Tank, whose chin is gone, but that's it.

Ya i gotta agree here, also Kimbo doesnt have the best chin.

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
Workin' next weekend as well, nights no less, yay for me!! Thank God for the internet!! Loved the 2 throws by Veach though.

danieltx13

Awards
  • Established
This fight was not fixed. There have been worked fights in MMA before, Pride used to do them for guys who weren't that good but they wanted to make into stars and UFC had one or two way back in the day that were considered suspicious, but they won't risk doing anything like that today because they don't want the pro wrestling comparison, even though the outcomes being predetermined is really the only thing that seperates the two. Alexander was a bitch for circling him the whole time. I went crazy when Kimbo hit that Saito suplex on him, that was one of the most spectacular things I've seen in an MMA fight in a while. I just wish Goldberg or Rogan would have screamed, "back drop driverrrrrrrrr!!!!" like the Japanese announcers back in the day.

danieltx13

Awards
  • Established
iron fists, you have some good points, but what it comes down to is television ratings and Kimbo has proven to be a big draw. If my memory is correct, most of his fights in Elite XC and against guys like Tank Abbott and Seth Petruzelli drew some of the biggest ratings there's been for MMA fights on television. I'm sure Spike was thrilled that they got a full three rounds of him fighting as everybody expected it to be over with a minute or two. With that said, Kimbo definitely has a long way to go to ever be competitive with the top guys in the company and even the middle and lower guys in the company, and at his age it's highly doubtful he'll ever reach that level. They won't cut him because he is a proven draw, but they're going to have to be pretty careful as to who they put him with. I definitely think Alexander will be cut for his performance last night and he totally deserves it. He's a better fighter than you make him out to be and he could have outstruck Kimbo if he wanted to, but I guess he was just too scared.

crash2000

Awards
I don't think it was fixed, but damn when kimbo went down with that leg kick, he sure looked scared ! he won't last long in the UFC, everyone is going to be aiming for those chicken legs of his, he'll be crippled soon.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
Before this fight even took place it thought it could be some wht fixed. The whole houston thing at a catch weight. If kimbo lost you could just be like so what he lost to houston who had 2 flashy wins in the UFC. if he lost to one of those fat TUF fighters you would be like damn he sucked. he did look better but still he has to think what to do and not instinct yet. he needs more training but i think he got into this game too late. houston did not look ready for this fight and i think he needed money pretty bad maybe it was fixed? we will never know but i dont think it was i jsut think he was holding back.

also there were only 1400 fans there!!! the first couple fights seriously had more people at a ****ty high school football game.

Gonzo14

Gonzo14

Awards
  • Established
off topic but while rewatching the fight but annocer Goldberg said something a long the lines of "we woulda watched 4 replays of 5 different angles by now"...
..wait...what? 5 different angles in only 4 replys? wow the ufc is more amazing than i thought haha

andrew780

Awards
does anyone know what's wrong with kimbo's knees? is that going to continue to be a problem for him or did he just sprain it or something like that, because the kicks that alexander was landing on him weren't really that strong and yet you could tell it was hurting him a lot. and then he landed that one kick near the end that almost ended the fight

jherman08

jherman08

Awards
  • Established
does anyone know what's wrong with kimbo's knees? is that going to continue to be a problem for him or did he just sprain it or something like that, because the kicks that alexander was landing on him weren't really that strong and yet you could tell it was hurting him a lot. and then he landed that one kick near the end that almost ended the fight
Arthritis

andrew780

Awards
dam he has arthritis?? isn't that going to be a problem for him in future fights? what if he fights somebody who can actually kick harder than that houston guy! he's going to blow out his knees or something..

buster0371

buster0371

Awards
  • Established
OMG, i feel like the only person who feels this way. Houston Alexander DID NOT MAKE ONE ATHLETIC MOVE IN THAT WHOLE FIGHT, he didnt throw any power strikes. He set himself up perfectly to be taken down and kimbo failed on one attempt. I wouldnt be surprised if Kimbos people payed off Alexander. Kimbo obviously didnt know about it. And any real fighter in the UFC is gonna straight tear Kimbo up. Kimbo didnt look very athletic at all and he gassed so hard!!!!!!!!!!!

Tansui

Tansui

Awards
  • Established
I like Kimbo as much as he next guy. But there are guys who hit harder and have other skills. I think Mitrione's "head problem" was a cover for UFC trying to find away to get Kimbo back in the turnny. Bottom line is Kimbo can pull in new viewers. People who who don't watch MMA, Boxing or any other hand to hand type of entertainment will tune in to watch Kimbo. So the UFC needs him to be a success.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Terribly boring fight, and knowing he UFC and using logic, we will see more of Kimbo in catchweight fights. I dont believe it is their attempt to build him up per se, I think they will throw him in their with declining guys, just for the ratings. Regardless of his talent, or lack there of, he does draw.

Also, for those that go crazy about his stand up, please rewatch him. He is technically sloppy. Does he have power? it seems, but Alexander is no iron jaw either. Even at 205, I would see most guys KO Kimbo in a matter of minutes

BTW, how good is Bones Jones going to be? He is only 22, damn

Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established
I didnt think it was that bad after the first round, the first round was retarded. Alexander ran in a circle for 4.5 mins. Kimbo is not as bad as people make him out to be but hes no champion yet either, he has a lot of strength which showed when he manhandled Alexander and his ground game looked a little better. If he keeps training with top guys and moves all the way down to 205 he could have a pretty good run. He can obviously punch hard but then again he hit Big Country with about everything he had two or 3 times and Nelson kept coming. 205 fits him better, his roided out arms looked insane!

purelife1

OMG, i feel like the only person who feels this way. Houston Alexander DID NOT MAKE ONE ATHLETIC MOVE IN THAT WHOLE FIGHT, he didnt throw any power strikes. He set himself up perfectly to be taken down and kimbo failed on one attempt. I wouldnt be surprised if Kimbos people payed off Alexander. Kimbo obviously didnt know about it. And any real fighter in the UFC is gonna straight tear Kimbo up. Kimbo didnt look very athletic at all and he gassed so hard!!!!!!!!!!!
i felt the same way.. why did Houston just stand there after he kicked the legs out from under Kimbo...Kimbo looked afraid when he went down but he just stood there...dont know what to realy think of fight other then it sucked...i definately dont see how the one judge had it 30-27 Kimbo..i think he got the decision for his name only..if anything should have been a draw in my book...

plus now we have Fat boy as TUF... but guess he earned his.. i just hate seeing fat guys run around the ring fighting..not what i picture as a Ultimate Fighter

Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established
LOL I will say that the best part of this fight was after it ended when the both of them put there hands on their knees and were gasping for air.

Tansui

Tansui

Awards
  • Established
BTW, how good is Bones Jones going to be? He is only 22, damn
That kid is going to be a beast if Saturday was any indication I was impressed hes got great technique, while his stand up could use some work it was great for a young jujitsu guy

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He's a Greco guy with some excellent judo skills. Not so much evidence of BJJ, but he has some great style and talent. The way he was able to control Hamill shows his grappling ability because it is extremely difficult to control an excellent wrestler on the ground.

buster0371

buster0371

Awards
  • Established
Ok so i was thinking, maybe Houston Alexander just really sucks balls at figthting and hes just not a very athletic or good fighter. Just lucky.

But than i just watched the Keith Jardine fight with Houston Alexander in it. He is very athletic, fast, strong, and has technique for striking built into his muscle memory, i can tell. The Houston Alexander on this night would have killed kimbo.

In my oppinion Dana White fixed the Houston Alexander vs Kimbo Slice fight to help boost the popularity of the UFC and MMA. By recruiting more viewers that only Kimbo and his popularity can bring, Dana is probably hoping to get solid contracts onto better networks. What a spicy mother ****er.

buster0371

buster0371

Awards
  • Established
PROOF!!! PLEASE BELIEVE ME

DID NO BODY READ THIS??? HERE IS PROOF!!!!
watch the video at mma-core.com

i think its fixed because houston alexander didnt throw one power punch or kick.

3:59 seconds of the 2nd round: he lets kimbo put a body lock on him without even tfighting for an underhook or even sprawling back in the slightest way, than he pretty much falls from a pretty lame body lock by kimbo.

2:45 seconds of the 2nd round :he effortlessly escapes from kimbos mount with technique(scared of kimbos power Houston?).

2:33 seconds of the 2nd round: he kicks kimbo and falls from a slip than turns to face the fence while Kimbo attempts to bomb on him (and miss).

2:17 seconds of the 2nd round: Kimbo lands a nasty body shot, and alexander threw two super soft body shots(like the kicks).

2:10 seconds of the 2nd round: he lets Kimbo find his way to his back, than Houston squats down a bit setting kimbo up for a big suplex, which he did so a hell of a slam from(powerful guy).

2:02 2nd round: Alexander fakes a double leg takedown seconds after being slammed by kimbo(obviously kimbo sux at slams).

0:45 seconds of the 2nd round: kimbo attempts a kamoura soooooo wrong its funny(and alexander actually takes it).

0:02 2nd round: Finally kimbo slams Houston on top of himself with a failed suplex at 0:01 in the second round!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now Its the 3rd round and kimbo is fairly exhausted, even after spending the whole 1st round circling and 2nd round winning.

4:45 seconds of the 3rd round: Houston throws two of the funniest kicks ever, the first one he was feeling out kimbo with a leg kick from a distance, the second one he missed and started stopping the kick pretty damn early(must not have thrown it hard).

4:30 seconds 3rd round: Houston FADES kimbo with a jab. Than he started walking him back with inacutare straight punches. Kimbo catches him with a counter Houston shakes his head to make it all knowticable and dramatic.

4:24 3rd round: He did NOT throw EVEN ONE power punch in that little scuffle.

4:15 3rd round: kimbo hits him with a small jab and Mike Goldberg is like OH BIG JAB. Kimbo cracks him at 3:25 and he shakes his head to make it all knowticable.

3:34 3rd round: kimbo gets knocked down by a leg kick, and stays down cuz hes so tired. Finally Houston decides to charge him, even though this may be his last chance to finish him he waited a long few seconds to take flight. Than he lets kimbo wrap him up and stand up, avoiding any chance of some potential headshots delivered by Alexander.

2:20 3rd round: Houston just gets tossed over with a single. Than he lets Kimbo control him on the ground for a minute. Kimbo just took some deep deep breaths, says Joe Rogan.

0:40 3rd last round: Houston isnt putting much pep on those leg kicks but the one he did is the one that put kimbo down," says Joe Rogan.

In the last 10 seconds of the last round Houston did a little shake and Kimbo almost fell down and Houston Alexander didnt even jump on him. And that was his last chance Alexander had to win the fight.

Than the bell rang and both fighters keeled over with exhaustion, obviously Kimbo was just as tired as Houston. I never seen a UFC fighter keel over from exhaustion at the end of the fight. Kimbo was the first, and Alexander was the second ever in all of UFC history.

Tansui

Tansui

Awards
  • Established
natually, Kimbo got Elite XC on CBS with better than World Series Baseball ratings, so Dana paid Kimbo to take a dive that tanked Elite XC and now he has to make that investment pay off by riding the Kimbo wave back to a big 3 network. That was the plan anyway But Kimbo i fear is just too old to make it happen at this point. Can he learn to fight on the ground? sure. Can he learn take down defense? sure. Is his knee getting worse? everyday... that's not arthritis.. the Dr said his cartilage (meniscus) is worn away. When athletes get meniscus tears they cant rehab it, they have to have surgery to repair it even then its rarely ever the same again but his is worn away there's nothing there to repair. They can inject artificial cartilage but that's about it.

buster0371

buster0371

Awards
  • Established
kimbo seems like hes smoked a lot of crack or something, hes kind of brain damaged and it seems like it affects his coordination. no joke

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
i dont think kimbo ever went to school. i hope he wins atleast a few legit bouts in the UFC. hes working hard jsut got in the game to late. yeah the match was very werid and those times seem to show stuff that wouldnt happen. i think houston might of had ring rust and hes just too old. he also now has like 3 or 4 losses in a row not counting the adrenalin MMA fight.

I think bones jones will do great things in the UFC.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Everyone has to realize Houston isn't exactly the greatest fighter in the world. Most of his fights seem to be knock out or be knocked out. The man is 37 which is pretty old especially when u consider he brain has probably been knocked around a good bit. I doubt someone would fix the fight so it would be a round of circling then judges decision lol. Wow those are ALWAYS great for ratings.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
yeah true he did surprise jardine and then sakara isnt even good. he didnt look bad till he got to the ground with eric schafer. i think houston is done.

buster0371

buster0371

Awards
  • Established
you guys are probably right. hes just the monst non athletic mma fighter ever. and he was paid to lose because his career is done anyway and he needs the cash.

dave12

Awards
  • Established
I wasn't really surprised by it. Two guys with marginal striking skills no wrestling that look huge.

mrowe8

Awards
UFC would not throw fights. They are a money giant that would crumble to the ground if it was found out that fights were being dumped.

dave12

Awards
  • Established
UFC would not throw fights. They are a money giant that would crumble to the ground if it was found out that fights were being dumped.
They would lose their licensing as a promoter in the US no?

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ya plus the big risk would not be worth the little reward. Athletes come and go no one fighter winner will make the sport go round. Chuck's situation is clearly proof of that. I would say he was the face of the UFC for the most part now I dont think he could pay Dana to let him fight.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MMA 3
wrasslin116 Supplement Logs 80
Jake Fires MMA 17
MMA 3
lawman24601 MMA 64