Official UFC 106 Pick'em Thread

sonofsteven

Awards
  • Established
I tried getting these pickems going at 103 but it seems like people want a scoring system of some sort . How's this :
Three catagories-winner/round/method
one point per correct call for a potential total of three points per fight, obviously if you don't pick the winner you get no points for that fight .
TKO/KO count as the same thing
Submissions I think are pretty well defined .
If it goes to decision I don't think we should differentiate over unanamous or majority .
If we get a draw nobody gets any points for that fight .

Main card is as follows :

Tito Ortiz v Forrest Griffin
Josh Koscheck v Anthony Johnson
Paulo Thiago v Jacob Volkman
Luiz Cane v Antonio ROGERIO Noguiera
Amir Sadollah v Phil Baroni

Suggestions ? Did I overlook anything ?

Tumey

Awards
Ortiz win by KO round 2
Koscheck win by KO round 1
Thiago win by decision
Noguiera win by submission round 2
Amir Sadollah win by submission round 2

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
Forrest 2 tko
Johnson jd
Thiago jd
Nog 2 sub
Sadollah 3 sub

purelife1

Tito Ortiz v Forrest Griffin--- forest 2nd tko
Josh Koscheck v Anthony Johnson ---johnson 3rd ko
Paulo Thiago v Jacob Volkman ---thiago decision
Luiz Cane v Antonio ROGERIO Noguiera ----noguiera decision
Amir Sadollah v Phil Baroni ----amir 1st submission

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
I say
tito by UD.
Anthony Johnson tko round 3.
Thiago UD
Nog 3rd round sub.
and going out on a limb baroni 1st round ko.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
my prelims didnt come on. its was like cops or DEA or something,.

sonofsteven

Awards
  • Established
First off I can't believe I didn't post my own picks after I started this thread . Had to work all weekend and it was hectic so I completely spaced out on that one . I did get to watch most of the fights so it's not a total loss .
Here is how I see the results , (may want to doublecheck me )

Tumey
1 pt. for Kos winning
2 pt. for Thiago winning a dec.
1 pt. for Nog winning
1 pt. for Amir winning

BingeAndPurge
1 pt. for Forrest winning
1 pt. for Nog winning
1 pt. for Amir winning

PureLife1
1 pt. for Forrest winning
1 pt. Nog winning
1 pt. Amir winning

BigWhiteGuy29
2 pt. for Thiago dec.
1 pt. for Nog winning

I see a three way tie . Also it is weird how everyone knew Thiago was going to get a dec. win. I guess I could have put 3 points for the Thiago win but since the fight didn't actually end in any of the rounds I just made it 2 points . Still would have been a 3 way tie . I'd like to keep these going but we would have to work on a couple things , obviously tiebreakers , more participation would be nice , and a prize or prizes would definetly spur on some more participants . I'm not sure about tiebreakers or prizes but I should probably type these threads up a little farther in advance than I did this one (I think it was fri. night ) and that would give more people a chance to get on board . I could extend the number of fights to call and hopefully that will lessen the chances of a tie . I'll keep this going for the next few UFC events and if they catch on they do , if not no big deal . Suggestions ?

P.S. If I had actually remembered to put in my picks I think I would be somewhere near the bottom with the large white fellow :rasp:

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
i def didnt go with my gut. but really kos with submission? should have known ant's ground game isnt that good.

sonofsteven

Awards
  • Established
i def didnt go with my gut. but really kos with submission? should have known ant's ground game isnt that good.
Second round rear naked choke , Rumble was gassing and that is a death sentence when going against a wrestler of Kos' caliber . I think there were only about six seconds left in the round also . If he couldve just held on ....

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
his big right connected a couple times but anthony stayed in there. good fight but yeah he was gassed by the ground game.

BigJoshStud

BigJoshStud

Awards
I think anthony Johnson was over hyped. He got took out by a smaller and smarter opponent. I mean, he really hadn't fought anyone worth a crap before Kos, yet people were talking like he was the ****.

sonofsteven

Awards
  • Established
I think anthony Johnson was over hyped. He got took out by a smaller and smarter opponent. I mean, he really hadn't fought anyone worth a crap before Kos, yet people were talking like he was the ****.
I think people have just been astounded by his impressive KO's . Not impressive because of the opponent , but because they were beautiful to watch . He has tons of potential and if he can get his fight IQ up to match his raw athletic ability he'll be a top tier welterweight . Koscheck is no slouch and a tough test for anyone . I hope they give Johnson another tough opponent . Maybe Swick as they both are coming off losses and need a W .

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
they need to build up him up. hes young. has like 10 fights or something. imagine him in 3 years if he keeps training hard, learning, and evolving.