UFC 105 - Discussion (spoilers)

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Couture got a gift decision. He took the first, but Brandon clearly took the second and the takedown in the 3rd iced it for him...yet they give it to Randy. Vera showed some really nice TD defense, but seemed to allow the clinch to happen too often (sometimes it was unavoidable, of course).

I'm glad Hardy knocked Swick down a notch. I knew he would get beat up by Hardy standing, but I thought that Swick could control the fight on the ground. Hardy defended really well. I don't think that Hardy's amazing, but he's better than I thought and Swick is about where I figured he was (overrated).

I had Kang winning that fight, but he just seems to fall apart when a little adversity comes his way. He's seems to have athleticism, but mentally he's just not there.

Dr Nick

Dr Nick

Awards
  • Established
Randy controlled all the 3 rounds(holding Vera against the cage),he was mounted but turned it around,it was a close call but i would give it to Randy as the judges did but not 3-0..2-1 is more like it..

Beater

Beater

Banned
Awards
Yeah Manny was was boxing tonight so I did not waste my time with this ridiculous UFC card.

Gonzo14

Gonzo14

Awards
  • Established
Randy controlled the match for about 80% of the fight. But that 20% Vera had, it was put to good use, knocking the wind out of randy, and putting him in tight spots, but I think Randy's control, and ability to keep Vera from closing the door on him is why he won.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
boring ass fight for sure.i hope this is randy's last fight. although i do have that he won the fight, it was seriously lame.

elscotto

elscotto

Awards
does anyone think hardy as a hope in hell of beating GSP?
that is.. if it actualy happens.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Kang has, once again, disappointed me. I think he's far more suited to overseas MMA and not the NA scene. Couture looked solid, but not spectacular and a tad tentative. This was a decent counter-card and had some good fights and nasty finishes.

Gonzo14

Gonzo14

Awards
  • Established
boring ass fight for sure.i hope this is randy's last fight. although i do have that he won the fight, it was seriously lame.
it was actually a very technical fight, Randy stuck to his plan and what he was good at, and controlled the fight, Vera didn't. Yeah the two guys didn't beat the crap out of each other, but thats not all what MMA is about

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I did think Vera won, but dont see either of them as being in contention at 205lbs, so in essence it is meaningless.

I have to give credit to Bisping. He survived a good shot in rd 1, and came back and broke Kang (seems to be what always happens to Kang)

Also, have you guys heard all the talk about Lesnar being gone for a long while? Possible interim title, and Nog is out already against Cain

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lesnar, according to some reports, may never fight again.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
are you kidding me? he might not ever fight again? fedor would have battled back haha.

hardy can can a punch and give a solid punch. he would stand with gsp but gsp will just take him down.

randy's punches drive me crazy! he punches like i did when i was like 17. vera could have done a better job by getting away.

good fights tho and fun to watch free!

dude i feel ya on denis kang.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
at first they mentioned mono, now they said it is much more serious. Dana actually said that he is in real bad shape, but specified its not cancer or aids. I dont mean to speculate, but possibly hep c? Kinda curious what else could be so serious

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's just speculation right now. Nothing has been stated as far as an actual diagnosis.

Dr Nick

Dr Nick

Awards
  • Established
Aha..
Will Couture get a title shot now or what do you think?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
They'd like to do it, but it would be a huge shame if Dana broke his word about Shogun getting an immediate rematch.

Dr Nick

Dr Nick

Awards
  • Established
They'd like to do it, but it would be a huge shame if Dana broke his word about Shogun getting an immediate rematch.
Agree,but stil it could happen,Randy has faught two fights in little time,maybe he will face the winner Layoto vs Shogun and take a few months extra of time..

GaMMa RoiD

Awards
Harding is in for a reality check when he faces St.Pierre.

GaMMa RoiD

Awards
Thats shocking about Lesner. Wonder if it was from injecting with a dirty needle.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
lol more like that nasty slut ass wife of his. maybe his growth hormone supply went down and it shocked his system and got him all sick

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
I'd much rather wait to make dark jokes until there's some word that it's nothing real serious...

I mean, I hate the guy but doesn't mean I'd like for him to have a serious disease... And I'd like to see someone take him out and not him being forced to take himself out of the game.

elscotto

elscotto

Awards
QUOTE=vika808;2203953]no chance. GSP is well on top of his game right now.[/QUOTE]

agreed! gsp is better then hardy at every aspect of mma...

i think they should of just let shwick and hardy fight gsp at the same time...then maybe.. just maybe they would have a chance HAHA

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
agreed! gsp is better then hardy at every aspect of mma...

i think they should of just let shwick and hardy fight gsp at the same time...then maybe.. just maybe they would have a chance HAHA
No, Hardy is a better striker than GSP. Hardy and Daley are the best strikers at 170 (yes, better than Alves). It won't matter at the end of the day, but if the entire fight was standing then Hardy would be more likely to win vs. GSP.

elscotto

elscotto

Awards
No, Hardy is a better striker than GSP. Hardy and Daley are the best strikers at 170 (yes, better than Alves). It won't matter at the end of the day, but if the entire fight was standing then Hardy would be more likely to win vs. GSP.
ic ic well only time will tell.. either way i predict a gsp ground and pound victory!!

Kegger

Awards
Yeah Dana White said that Brock has mono AND something else more serious. He said that Brock is not going to be fighting any time soon. As already mentioned, he said that it is not cancer or AIDS. But one website said that his kidneys are failing him. Only time will tell us for sure...

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
ic ic well only time will tell.. either way i predict a gsp ground and pound victory!!
oh man GSP is gonna man handle this fool. did you see how he picked up and slammed Alves over and over again? and thats against a 200 lb man who is a raging beast. Hardy is probably gonna come in lighter than GSP(~186) and get tossed around.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Holy ****...

Kidneys failing would be horrible. Friend of mine had some of that and lets say it wasnt pretty. He for sure wouldn't be able to fight anymore.

Kegger

Awards
Now I'm hearing that he has some sort of intestinal infection and going into surgery. I think the UFC needs to come clean and give us the facts. People are speculating as to what is wrong with him. Next thing I'm going to hear is that the **** on his chest came to life and is beating him over the head.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You must have dropped a weight on your head while doing overhead presses! :twak:

Seriously, though, I can definitely see your claim that Semtex is more technically sound than Alves, but Hardy? Hardy's work with Roach has improved his footwork, but what are you basing your opinion on? As I see it, Alves' MT works the angles better than Hardy's brawl-boxing, leading to Alves being a more effective striker overall - and I didn't see anything against Davis or Swick that would suggest otherwise. Alves would brutalize Hardy standing, IMO. Whether or not Hardy is a better striker than GSP, per se, is difficult to establish as well. GSP's footwork is better, as I see it, but it appears GSP lacks power when standing. As you said, though, the issue of striking ends up being irrelevant in this fight. I give Hardy a 13.57568% chance of winning.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
only has a punchers chance hahaha. this fight will suck. it will only be a co-mainevent.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
GSP is better than ever before, this will be a 5 minute GnP beatdown. i heard we will see an *extra* nipple tweak this fight and a healthy amount of grease.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
WesleyInman IronMag Labs 0
Blazin604 MMA 7
Apsmith4992 General Chat 19
Whitesnake General Chat 2
MMA 254