Welcome "The Darkness" Marcus Jones

Swaggerstick

Swaggerstick

Awards
Any thoughts on Marcus Jones Performance on TUF?

abnxtwo

abnxtwo

Banned
Awards
He will do alright untill he fights somebody that can actually put up some kind of offense.

He's big and strong but doesn't really seem to have much in the way of fighting skill if you compare him to the talent that the UFC already has.

Personally I would love to see Kimbo gain some skill, I think he's got the heart and will of a fighter but the age might play a role in him ever reaching his goal.

Just my thought's.

elshano

elshano

Awards
say what you will, it was a pretty sweet submission

to be that big and still that light on your feet, it's a pretty rare talent

sonofsteven

Awards
  • Established
meh I don't think he is terribly light on his feet but overall power is great and that armbar was pretty slick . There was no fumbling around for it , that sh!t was slapped on with the quickness . I'ma stick with B Schaub as my pick to win it . Oh and a friendly suggestion for the OP ; you should change the title to Big Baby instead of Darkness . With his demeanor it is just sooo fitting .

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Future of the HW divison. Pfft...

He beat a guy with zero ground game and another one who fights at LHW.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He is decent and will probably stick in the UFC for a bit. He can get better. Either way, I think Nelson is going to dominate Schaub.

Xpballer

Awards
  • Established
He is decent and will probably stick in the UFC for a bit. He can get better. Either way, I think Nelson is going to dominate Schaub.
i agree. I dont think schaub's a good fighter, honestly... If Marcus knew what he was doing and kept his mind in it that fight was his.

I think Kimbo would own schaub =X

Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established
Schaub trains with a lot of good guys and has good diet/training but he has only fought chumps on unknown cards, guys who were either old, fat, or both and all had losing records. Nelson has been mostly boring to watch and hes a fatass but hes still winning most of his fights and I think will probably win this one although it probably wont be that entertaining, it will be funny to see him win though and have Dana White give him a contract considering he annoys the **** outta Dana, lol.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
i think schaub looks pretty good but ya marcus couldnt seal the deal. he needed that serial killer instinct on him like he did with meathead.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
I think Marcus could be a decent factor in the HW division, IF he get's his stand up at least decent... He's got some good ground but 0 stand up.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Big baby cant take a hit, game over.

Playwithfire

Playwithfire

Awards
Marcus has a glass chin. After Meathead knocked him out his career in the UFC is over.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
hes too old, too slow, to weak(jaw) and doesnt have the fighter instinct. he only has an athletic one. hes a really cool guy and its good he really enjoys the sport but he got in it way to0 late. he will get dropped by any UFC fighter that didnt make it on by the TUF show. his stand up is terrible. head up hands out awkward footwork. hes done IMO ufc wont let him back.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And as soon as we "welcome" big baby we say good bye lol.
He is a cool guy and all but seriously he will get dropped by every UFC heavyweight if the fight stays standing.

mrowe8

Awards
He is a monster with strength and take downs. Not very strong at keeping guys on the ground. He may have the weakest chin I have ever seen in any MMA event.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
dude his takedowns arnt even good at all. he went foir a couple really high takedowns against a guy who isnt even good at takedown defense. imagine him trying to take down a wrestler.

mrowe8

Awards
Agreed. Technically he is not great. He is just a brute strength guy. If he got his hands on you, you were going down more often then not though.