Machida Vs. Rua who wins and why? - AnabolicMinds.com

Machida Vs. Rua who wins and why?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.

Machida Vs. Rua who wins and why?

The Dragon Vs. the Shogun who is it going to be?

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.

the dragon era has begun
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.

Im not sure what to think or who I like more?
    Why do you think Machida?
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I think shogun is tailor made to get ko'd by Machida. He is am agresive fighter who many times comes straight ahead. That is perfect for Lyoto
  5. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I have $100 on Shogun based on a gut feeling and the lines for the fight. I think he has the perfect amalgam of grappling and striking to give Machida lots of problems. He has taken down great grapplers/wrestlers (Coleman, Chuck, Arona) and outstruck great strikers (Rog Nog, Overeem, Rampage). The HUGE x-factor is his gas tank.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.

Didnt Coleman take him down and somehow (freak accident) break his elbow or sholder not to long ago.
  7. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggerstick View Post
    Didnt Coleman take him down and somehow (freak accident) break his elbow or sholder not to long ago.
    That was over 3 1/2 years ago.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.

Yeah to me not too long ago for a serious injury
    Anyway that was a question obviously and not a statement
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  187 lbs.

As happy as I was when Shogun dropped Liddell , I just don't see machida losing this one . Rua just doesn't seem the same as he was in his Pride days . As Rodja stated the gas factor but even before he gasses he doesn't look as crisp or explosive . Questionable work ethic maybe ? Knee injury slow him down for life ? Whatever it is Machida WILL bring his A-game and will look to capatilize on any weaknesses . I like these guys and hate to bet against either one but my money is on The Bulletproof Monk .
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.

Your right good points I want to root for Rua but I dont really want to root against (the bullet proof Monk) thats awsome buy the way.I just dont know.I do think the outcome will be telling for Rua future
  11. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Well for some reason when I was watching the Machida vs Evans fight this guy kept saying I was Machida's brother. So I guess I can't go against my brother. Plus that man is so quick. Which will probably give Rua a problem if that knee is at all bothering him. And coming in straight would not be advised ask Evans if Machida has KO power lol.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.

Right no kidding I was surprised by that I guess Rashad was too LOL
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggerstick View Post
    Right no kidding I was surprised by that I guess Rashad was too LOL
    I think every1 was suprised by that. He didnt show that kind of stopping power until then. When he dropped Evans where he stood lol.

I just wish I was going to be watching this fight.
  14. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.

There is just something about his style I cant put my finger on it I dont know weather to love it or hate it.
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.

I think that they will dance around eachother for a good 3 rounds just in and out and i think shogun will get tired and charge and lose. i say machida wins 4th round tko.
  16. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    I think every1 was suprised by that. He didnt show that kind of stopping power until then. When he dropped Evans where he stood lol.

I just wish I was going to be watching this fight.
    He knocked out Thiago Silva before that and Rashad was stupid enough to try talking to him in the middle of the fight so he got rocked with his jaw loose/mouth part open. He doesnt have just a one punch knockout power but he can hit and when he throws a punch it always lands so after a round or 2 of getting hit with every punch he throws you are bound to get KOd or TKOd. He will beat shogun, shogun hasnt looked good in awhile, he barely beat an over the hill Coleman, who probably coulda beat him if his cardio was actually decent. He got destroyed by Forrest and his win over Chuck was a little too late to really be counted as a big win. I like shogun better but I just dont see him winning unless he has somehow gotten back to his old killer self, the one that destroyed Rampage back in pride. If he fights like that he can win. It should be a good fight.
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.

i say itll go atleast 2-3 rounds. machida is very subtle in his attack but when he wears you down he strikes like an animal. shogun will probably pace it a bit but get careless when machida gives up a little space for shogun to think he can strike. i say itll be TKO stoppage
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.

machida has one pucnh KO. he does leave himself out there and do huge overhand rights and such like rashad, liddell.
  19. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    I think shogun is tailor made to get ko'd by Machida. He is am agresive fighter who many times comes straight ahead. That is perfect for Lyoto
    NSCA - CSCS
  20. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.

Machida by however he wants to win it
  21. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  160 lbs.

I think Shogun will surprise everyone with a win.
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.

you cant really be surprised with MMA and a title fight. Guys try extra hard anything can happen. If you are getting a title shot it means you have been successful. Although I think Machida will win its very very very possible shogun could win.
  23. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  187 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by SpargelJanusz View Post
    I think Shogun will surprise everyone with a win.
    Would be very cool . I like em both but an upset or any title changing hands is always fun cause it shakes things up and makes arguements for which fighter will win which match even more intense and fun . That sh1t sells PPVs .
  24. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.

lol ya but these guys are Brazilians they wont bash on eachother. look at anderson silva vs thales leites.....SO GAY. i think shogun is thirsty for blood so i hope he charges with huge hooks and gets punched a few times with hard straight punches down the pipe. machida needs to stay away from that clintch,....should be easy lol
  25. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I have $100 on Shogun based on a gut feeling and the lines for the fight. I think he has the perfect amalgam of grappling and striking to give Machida lots of problems. He has taken down great grapplers/wrestlers (Coleman, Chuck, Arona) and outstruck great strikers (Rog Nog, Overeem, Rampage). The HUGE x-factor is his gas tank.
    At the lines that I've seen, sounds like a decent bet (there's also a lot of value in Rothwell at a 2:1 dog last time I checked). I don't think he has more than a 25% of winning. He's too wide open for Machida though. If you've followed Bloody Elbow's Judo Chops on Machida, it does seems like it's possible to counter him but I don't think Shogun's that guy. I'd like to see Shogun get it to the ground where he might have an advantage, but I really think Machida is one of the toughest guys to take down.

I also don't necessarily think that the Shogun of old was any better. MMA in 2009 is just much more evolved than it was in 2005. Peak 2005 Shogun would get KOed by Machida so I hope he's better than that now and his injuries haven't taken their toll.

My pick: Machida TKO round 2.
  26. New Member

I have to take Machida. Shogun is good but I just don't think he shows enough quickness. I could be wrong but Machida is lightning fast and elusive and that doesn't pair well with Shogun I don't think.
  27. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

the question is, after Machida wins, who is next? In all honesty who is there at 205lbs for him? He wont fight Anderson or Lil Nog, so......
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  28. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    the question is, after Machida wins, who is next? In all honesty who is there at 205lbs for him? He wont fight Anderson or Lil Nog, so......
    Rampage. His whole retirement is a bluff or a temper tantrum. He'll be fighting in the UFC again soon.

Other than him, Jon Jones. He needs more time to develop but expect big things from him.

If Vera dominantly beats Couture, Zuffa might try to sell him as the next contender. If the reverse happens, expect Couture to get the shot ... and get absolutely demolished.

Maybe they'll get Mousasi soon? I think Gregard is only locked in to 2 or 3 more fights, one of which is on 11/7.
  29. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.

dude I think Randy would get owned so fast. Hes too slow to fight Machida. Also I really enjoy watching jon jones I think he will be top 5 soon also where does he train? They have many options at 205 still. Rashad and Thiago both could have rematches and of course rampage. Vera needs more wins besdies randy. I dont think Machida will fight for like 5 months if he wins anyway.
  30. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.

Even though I favor Machida, I have to admit, watching UFC quick hits thas Shogun looks real good and focused for this fight!
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'5"  227 lbs.

That SUCKS! But that's what sometimes happens when you leave it to the judges. The Velasquez/Rothwell fight did NOT disappoint, though!
  32. M15
    Stats
    5'11"  234 lbs.

*******SPOILER******

Machida wins. .. and it has nothing to do with fighting ability he finds a way to survive till the decision and the UFC gives him an early christmas present.
  33. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

Ya I wanted Machida to win but um there isn't much of an arguement about that decision.
  34. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

I have to say, it was a terrible decision. I was both surprised and enthused, though, that Shogun took it to Machida so heavily. Though I thought Machida was going to win, I was one of few people who were confident the "old" Shogun would challenge; and of an ever fewer group who did not immediately hand Machida the keys to pound-for-pound greatness. Hopefully, Shogun gets either: a) an immediate rematch, or; b) a quick match against a top-ranked 205'er to get immediately back into title contention.
  35. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.

shogun vs anderson silva? thats if anderson doesnt fight vitor first. or shogun vs winner of rashad vs thiago.
  36. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  229 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    I have to say, it was a terrible decision. I was both surprised and enthused, though, that Shogun took it to Machida so heavily. Though I thought Machida was going to win, I was one of few people who were confident the "old" Shogun would challenge; and of an ever fewer group who did not immediately hand Machida the keys to pound-for-pound greatness. Hopefully, Shogun gets either: a) an immediate rematch, or; b) a quick match against a top-ranked 205'er to get immediately back into title contention.
    +1 Shogun deserves an immediate rematch.

Most ridiculous decision I've ever seen in my life. Lyoto looked like Bisping in Bisping vs. Leben - only he landed significantly LESS shots. He spent the entire fight running away, by the end of the fight he was significantly worse for wear than Shogun, I mean **** you only had to look at the highlight reel of the fight - it was all Shogun! At best I had Machida winning a single round.

Did you see the shock on his face every time Shogun belted him? I'm really disappointed for Shogun - who for someone who clearly was absolutely bent over and done dry by the AC showed so much class in his loss. Lyoto on the other hand; Epic Fail.
  37. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Machida wins because Shogun did more damage, come on people, get with the twat phucken judging panel
    NSCA - CSCS
  38. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Horrible co/main event. BS stoppage on Rothwell and IDK WTF the judges saw in the Shogun/Machida fight. That was worse than the Bisping/Hammil fight.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  39. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  165 lbs.

i just watched the fight this afternoon and i think the decision is not fair. shogun should have won the fight in terms of points.
  40. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Horrible co/main event. BS stoppage on Rothwell and IDK WTF the judges saw in the Shogun/Machida fight. That was worse than the Bisping/Hammil fight.
    It was god-awful.

Similar Forum Threads

1. UFC 104 Machida vs. Shogun
    By damwee in forum MMA
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-01-2009, 12:27 AM
  2. Machida and UFC 89
    By AE14 in forum MMA
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 07-28-2008, 03:38 PM
  3. Who ever Finds it--WINS WINS WINS--1st hint inside
    By Guest in forum Company Promotions