Big Nog Gets Winner of Lesnar/Carwin, so Nog/Lesnar at UFC 108-09?

1. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.2%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Big Nog Gets Winner of Lesnar/Carwin, so Nog/Lesnar at UFC 108-09?

Report: Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira to face UFC 106 winner of Carwin vs Lesnar for heavyweight title

It doesn’t look as if former Pride FC and UFC interim heavyweight champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira is going to get that rematch he wanted with Frank Mir — at least not yet.

But as far as consolation prizes go, he’s going to do a helluva lot better than a year’s supply of Turtle Wax.

“Minotauro” is being penciled in for an early 2010 appearance against the winner of Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin at UFC 106 on November 21 for the heavyweight championship, according to The Wrestling Observer via Inside Fights.

The Brazilian coughed up his Interim title to Mir at UFC 92 in December 2008. It was a bout in which the grizzled veteran was finished for the first time in his career.

Nog supporters blamed a Staph infection for his lifeless performance. The Mir side credits the victory to the Las Vegas native’s improved striking and perfectly executed gameplan.

Whatever the case, Nogueira looked like his old self when he returned to best former division kingpin Randy Couture at UFC 102 in Portland. The win was not only “Fight of the Night,” but impressive enough to land him another crack at the UFC gold.

UFC 106: “Lesnar vs. Carwin” is set to go down at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada, on Nov. 21. The event will also include the promotional debut of Minotauro’s twin brother Antonio Rogerio Nogueira as he takes on Luis “Banha” Cane.

And if Big Nog can go all the way, don’t be surprised to see Frank Mir waiting for him in the second half of 2010, assuming he gets past Cheick Kongo at UFC 107.

Lesnar, Carwin, Nogueira and Mir. Anyone want to start laying odds as to who will be the champ this time next year after all the dust settles?
    Report: Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira to face UFC 106 winner of Carwin vs Lesnar for heavyweight title at UFC blog for UFC news, results, videos, rumors, fights, pics and tickets — MMAmania.com
    NSCA - CSCS

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.45%

Funny thread title ! But this is bubble I have to burst buddy , we will be seeing Nog/CARWIN for the strap .
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.2%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by sonofsteven View Post
    Funny thread title ! But this is bubble I have to burst buddy , we will be seeing Nog/CARWIN for the strap .
    NSCA - CSCS
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

both would be fun. all though i think nog would have a much easier time submitting carwin.
  5. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.2%

All the respect in the world to Nog. In a level playing field, if he and Lesnar were of like weight at least, I'd probably favor Nog, but I don't see Nog overcoming Lesnar's strength x weight x athletic advantage, but we'll see. Lesnar has to advance past Carwin first. I don't count Carwin out, though I do favor Brock in this fight as well.
    NSCA - CSCS
  6. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.38%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting VeteranPosting Royalty

Whoever wins that fight will not probably fight again until 110 or so (injury can really change this), but I see Nog at a disadvantage due to size and wrestling. He looked fantastic against Couture, but he is really a LHW masquerading as a HW. Th extra time off will really behoove Nog to work on his lateral movement to avoid the TD and his guard in case said TD occurs.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I think carwins chance is to hit him with a couple big punches. i do think it will be a fun, good fight. i think nog vs lesner could be a very boring fight but then again nog might surprise. if i had to bet money, i would have to say lesner wins both.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Brock Lesnar is out of UFC 131
    By tommygunzz in forum MMA
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-26-2011, 07:05 PM
  2. Lesnar VS Carwin
    By luclyluciano in forum MMA
    Replies: 168
    Last Post: 07-28-2010, 05:14 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-21-2010, 01:18 PM
  4. couture vs lesnar