Rashad vs Thiago at UFC 108 Quasi-Confirmed

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
With Quinton "Rampage" Jackson withdrawing from a December contest with Rashad Evans (13-1-1 MMA, 8-1-1 UFC) to pursue an acting role, "Sugar's" next move has been uncertain for several weeks.

That period is over.

MMAjunkie.com (UFC blog for UFC news, UFC rumors, fighter interviews and event previews/recaps | MMAjunkie.com) has learned from sources close to the fighter that Evans and Brazilian Thiago Silva (14-1 MMA, 5-1 UFC) have verbally agreed to meet in the co-main event of UFC 108.

Evans first mentioned the possibility of the contest to AOL FanHouse in September, citing a brief exchange of glances at UFC 102 in Portland, Ore., as the genesis for the contest.

"Thiago Silva is a good fighter; I'd like to fight him and I think he wants to fight me," Evans told AOL FanHouse. "When I saw him after he fought Keith Jardine, he kind of gave me a nasty look that I interpreted like he wanted to take me on, and I'd like that."

Evans' wishes will now apparently become reality, and bout agreements are expected to be finalized shortly.

Evans seeks to rebound from the first loss of his five-plus-year career. The 30-year-old lost the UFC's light heavyweight title in May when Lyoto Machida dropped him in the second round of their UFC 98 main-event contest.

Silva also recently suffered the lone loss of his career to Machida. After suffering a first-round knockout to "The Dragon" in January, Silva has since bounced back with a TKO win over Keith Jardine at UFC 102.

UFC 108 is scheduled for Jan. 2 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas and is expected to feature a main event between current UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva and challenger Vitor Belfort.
We'll see.

Rashad Evans vs. Thiago Silva set for UFC 108 co-main event in January | MMAjunkie.com

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
I saw this like a week ago when i typed in rashad evans in wikipedia and was like hmmm finally! i think thiago is legit top 10. it seems liek he doesnt fight very often. i think rashad could have his hands full but could definatly win. i wonder if he will use his wrestling.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
I'm excited for this. Although right now I'd take Thiago / Tito also.

Rashad: Thiago, you know you gave me that look. you know you did.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
I hope evans fails to avenge his friends loss. i think jardine cant take a good punch even tho i like the guy. what am i saying tho the punches hes takin have been by houston,page and thiago haha all heavy hitters so nvm