Today, the LHK is officially retired

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
no way. ouch thats rough way to go out.....but arn't they all? I hope he can still get it up in the bedroom. his highlights are so frreaking fun to watch and will go down a legend. they never get old and will always pump you up. BTW he rocks in the UFC Game hahah LHK's galore!

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
and damn screw being his partner. i would hate holding pads for him! btw he can LHK you wile on the ground!

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Did his documentary ever come out? Anyone know the title?

sonofsteven

Awards
  • Established
very sad indeed . I was personally hoping for a drop to LHW . He has been visibly smaller than a lot of his opponents as of late(Pride/little to no roid testing mayhap?) and has not seemed as hungry for the kill . He could be sicknasty in a smaller division . Lot of cool matchups as well . Oh well I hope for a return but if it don't happen I wish him the best .

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
id be worried about the speed in LHW. UFC's LHW is stacked. i think someone like thiago silva would run through him. he is no doubt way smaller along with more puffy and lacks that testosterone killer instinct. he had his time which was amazing and has tons of KO reels so i dont want to see him get another loss. big punches are pretty cool to watch but i dont think anything is as cool as a headkick KO. maybe a flying armbar or a slam ko but still pretty bad ass.

sonofsteven

Awards
  • Established
id be worried about the speed in LHW. UFC's LHW is stacked. i think someone like thiago silva would run through him. he is no doubt way smaller along with more puffy and lacks that testosterone killer instinct. he had his time which was amazing and has tons of KO reels so i dont want to see him get another loss. big punches are pretty cool to watch but i dont think anything is as cool as a headkick KO. maybe a flying armbar or a slam ko but still pretty bad ass.
I hear you , a good foot to the face KO is up there with the flat out coolness of any good overhand right IMO .
I was thinking the drop in weight might translate to better speed but you are right on not want to see him wrecked again .

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
LHK isnt dead guys, Gonzaga showed it off when he blasted CC himself! lol

its true though, you dont see too many of them anymore

Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established
He will finish his remaining fights on his contract:

http://www.nokaut.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=31138

He said he is going to see a sports psychologist to try and get him in a better state of mind but who knows. It really is sad that his mind/heart is not in it anymore. You can tell he came in a little chubbier then normal even though at the same weight and he doesnt stare anyone down anymore. Compare his entrance with Wanderlei or any of his other big fights in Pride and the look on his face was completely difference. He wanted to hurt someone back then and he had no fear of getting hurt himself. Now he is disinterested in even fighting it seems.

Oh well he still had a great career and his HL reels are amazing as you guys have said.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Injuries have also taken a toll on him. He really hasn't been healthy since '06 and it has only gotten worse with time. His lateral movement is worse, the burst isn't there anymore, and, worst of all, his knees have gotten to where he can't throw nearly as many kicks.

Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established
Yeah you are absolutely right, his kicks used to be devastating. I was just watching some of his K-1 fights and the difference is night and day. Its unfortunate but thats what happens after a long fight career. He had extensive military training, then kickboxing, then MMA. That all takes a toll on your body after awhile. I was so hoping too that after his latest surgeries that he may be back to decent health but hes just not the same. Bas Rutten even said that he would have loved to come back after the Ruben Vil fight but his knees just werent the same anymore and he couldnt train or fight at the same level in his state.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
yeah he lost many things. im scared to see him fight again.