Rampage Announces He's done with MMA

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This was posted on Rampage's website, by Rampage today:

The UFC has done a lot for me but I think I have done more for them. The UFC bought WFA to get my contract & they saved my life, so I felt loyal to them. They pushed me into a fight with Chuck Liddel even when I clearly stated I wasn't ready to fight for the belt because the American fans didn't know me but I took the fight and didn't complain & after I won the American fans booed me for the first time which changed the way I saw them & it hurt me deeply.

Then before I can even get out of the cage they announced that I was fighting Dan Henderson without even asking me. After I beat Dan Henderson, I made history in becoming the first undisputed champion in MMA but was never even given the pride belt in the cage & I was never promoted as the undisputed champ. Later Anderson Silva was.

Then they had me coach TUF season 7 and fight Forrest and the fight was very controversial & normally when a fight is that close & controversial there is normally an instant replay. I can name a couple of instances. Instead they offered me the Vanderlei Silva fight which I gladly accepted even though I know it was a very risky fight for me to take because of all the drama that was happening to me at the time. I fought that fight with a jaw injury and then a couple weeks later Dana called me and asked me to fight Rashad. For the first time I said no, I didn't want to fight because it was such short notice & I wouldn't have had a long break between camp. Dana talked me into fighting Rashad anyway but Rashad refused the fight and so I had to fight Jardine as a favor to the UFC instead of getting my belt back (which wasn't even worth it to me financially).

Then I reinjured my jaw in the fight with Vanderlei & Jardine. Frank Mir gets hurt so they wanted to switch my fight from UFC 100 to the fight Frank couldn't make it to but I couldn't fight cause I needed jaw surgury. So they give Machida the fight against Rashad & they told me they want me to coach TUF season 10 against Rashad. That's why I wanted Rashad to win so bad but when Rashad got knocked out I told them I wanted to fight Machida for the belt but Dana told me if I coach TUF against Rashad that I could fight Machida afterwards cause this was a different type of ultimate fighter show they were doing. After I signed the contract Dana then changes his mind & says I have to fight Rashad & even told me what to say in the press & so my fans think I was scared to fight Machida. After all that I still never complained & I did it all.

Then this movie role came about that I have been trying to get for over a year & as soon as I found out I was close to getting it, I called Dana right away & asked to push the Memphis fight back just a month or so. I told him what this movie role meant to me. I told him that I used to bond with my father watching the tv show as a kid when my parents where still married & it represents the memories I had with my father when we lived together. My dad became an alcohalic & addicted to drugs & we grew apart. But after my dad got his life back together, I was so proud of my dad & I told him I would always take care of him in the future & make him proud of me. My dad & I are still very big fans of the show & I am basically doing this for the childhood memories I had spending time in front of the tv with my dad. Dana went on the internet & mocked me because of that & I still did nothing. Dana & I finally talked & we made up & then after that he went back on the internet & said some bull**** & he was talking bad about the movie when information is not even supposed to be released & talking about payments which is not even true could really hurt my future acting career, which could very well last longer than my fighting career. I'm not like Randy Couture. My body has been getting so many different injuries that I wont be able to fight until my forties & neither do I want to fight that long. So I feel like my second career could be in jeopardy.. so I'm done fighting. I've been getting negative reviews from the dumb ass fans that don't pay my bills or put my kids though college. So I'm hanging it up. I'm gonna miss all my loyal fans but hopefully they'll follow me to my new career & I will gain more loyal fans along the way. & all you hater fans out there can kiss my big black hairy ass! & anybody that don't like what I just said can come try to kick my ass!

I still feel the UFC is a great organization and I felt like I was very loyal to them but they didn't respect my loyalty but I wish the UFC the best. I did a lot of things for them. I wish no bad blood between us but I have kids & a family back in Memphis to provide for & thats all that matters to me!
You'd have to be a member of his website to follow the official source: http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Quinton-Rampage-Jackson-says-hes-done-fighting.html

Rampage's Website: http://www.rampage-jackson.com/main/authorization/signIn?target=http://www.rampage-jackson.com/profiles/blogs/im-done-fighting

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wonder if this is just him acting like an ass again or if he's truly sincere...

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wonder if this is just him acting like an ass again or if he's truly sincere...
Hard to say. Out of speculation, I would think this kind of information may have a mal effect on the TUF ratings, knowing all the build up is for nill.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Wow....interested in knowing if this is true or not ASAP.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
he should of gotten that title shot. sho gun beat an old man and another old man. I think shogun is a tough hard opponent tho. I think he thought page and evans could buld up hyper and make a great superfight out of it. you can make a ton of money that way instead of getting him a shot.

if he doesnt return ill be very sad hes one of my favorite fighters for sure. i hope he didnt think he was gonig to be washed up like that other old guys and maybe his jaw is not strong like he said. sh!t after those sho gun knees back in the day damn!

Vance

Vance

Awards
  • Established
Love Rampage but I think Machida will kick the **** out of him whether he fights him now or in 6 months time. I do see his point in regards to not getting a rematch with Griffin when the fight was as close as it was.

Personally I think the Evans vs. Jackson match-up makes for the better fight.

Maybe it's for the best if he does give it away. Personally though I think it's all posturing. Fact is Dana signs a cheque with enough 0's on it and Rampage will come-a-runnin'.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Personally this will be another situation where lorenzo will fly in and make it right with more money.

I like rampage, but I think this is jst blowing off steam

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I didn't even read the thing and I said to myself "lol- I bet he thinks going to be a movie star:slap:
Why am I not suprised

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
I didn't even read the thing and I said to myself "lol- I bet he thinks going to be a movie star:slap:
Why am I not suprised
Movie star no. Make 2 or 3 movies that don't make it straight to video plus 5 or 6 more that do, at the rate of pay per fight yes.

Funny how they open the season with Rashad telling him that UFC put him up to the face off in the ring. I bet they cut out what Rampage said in response..

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dana's going to be doing the cowboy walk for awhile, because Rampage rammed it pretty high up there.

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
Sucks if he's really leaving.
Was nice to see a guy originally from my hometown gracing MMA/UFC/PRIDE.
I wish I would have known about paid MMA when I was in my late teens early twenties.
We had a group of guys who would just meet up somewhere late and have some nice little full contact matches. No weight classes or anything , just pull a name from the hat and there you go.
He got a lot of memphis fans. Even some who really were not into MMA.
Like someone else said for enough money he will reconsider.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There's no need to cut him; he's still bound to his contract. He'll be back...I give it 9 months (tops) before he announces a comeback.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
He might benefit from a chat with Randy C.

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
Personally this will be another situation where lorenzo will fly in and make it right with more money.

I like rampage, but I think this is jst blowing off steam
I agree. And I hope we are right.:think:

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I think we all go through some sort of mental and physical withdrawal in our lives to where we just want a change. Rampage has made the comment more than one time that he will fight until he can no longer, and that he does not want to do anything else. I truly think that he will be back within a year, and there will be a fight card centered on his return. After all, fighters that come out of retirement usually carry a big stick with them. It must be the R&R!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
‘Rampage’ Post Says Fighter ‘Done’ with UFC; White Reacts

An open letter posted Tuesday at Quinton “Rampage” Jackson’s official Web site (registration required) under the fighter’s name states that the former light heavyweight champion “is done fighting” and is “hanging it up” due to conflicts with the UFC.

A post on what is believed to be Jackson’s official Twitter account directed subscribers to Jackson’s site Tuesday as well.

Sherdog.com has not yet verified whether Jackson authored the Web site post, as neither Jackson nor his representatives could be reached for comment. UFC officials have not responded to calls and e-mails, but UFC President Dana White did address the letter Tuesday in a radio interview with Carmichael Dave on Sports 1140 on KHTK AM. White told Dave he’d been given no prior warning of Jackson’s alleged split with the promotion.

Earlier this month Jackson bowed out of a match against Rashad Evans at UFC 107 on Dec. 12 in Memphis, Tenn., Jackson’s hometown, to take a lead role in the major motion picture “The A-Team,” currently filming in Vancouver. The Dec. 12 bout would have followed Jackson’s and Evans’ appearances as rival coaches on “The Ultimate Fighter 10,” which airs for the next 11 weeks on SpikeTV and was meant to heavily promote the pay-per-view bout.

In August, White criticized Jackson’s intentions to choose the movie role over fighting.

"He wants to do this thing, and he's like, 'Listen, man, this is really important to me. … There's some sentimental value here for me, me and my dad grew up watching ‘The A-Team’ together and we loved it,’” White told the media at UFC 102 in Portland, Ore. “I said, 'Guess what Rashad Evans is thinking about right now? He's thinking about beating your f---ing ass. He's not sitting around thinking about how him and his mom used to watch the f---ing 'Love Boat' together and (how) he wants to get the role of ‘Isaac the Bartender.’”

When Jackson’s withdrawal became official, White told numerous media outlets that he wasn’t speaking with the fighter, as Jackson had “f---ed me.”

Last Saturday following UFC 103 in Dallas, White said he’d “patched things up” enough with the fighter to begin plans for Jackson’s return following filming, but he was distressed that Jackson would not commit to re-scheduling the Evans bout in February.

In the post on Jackson’s site, the author lists a variety of grievances with the fight promotion. They include Jackson’s purported feelings that he was unfairly coerced into fights with Chuck Liddell, Dan Henderson and Keith Jardine between 2007-2009, as well as allegations that the promotion did not fulfill promises to promote Jackson as the “undisputed champ” after his September 2007 victory against Henderson or allow Jackson to fight 205-pound champion Lyoto Machida as agreed to following his stint on “TUF 10.”

In addition, the post states that White instructed Jackson what to say to the media in reference to the delayed Machida bout.

During the Sports 1140 interview, White said Jackson had shown no interest in fighting for the title.

“Rampage Jackson told me he wasn’t interested in the belt. The belt caused him too many problems,” said White. “It’s not like he was going after Machida because he wanted the belt. He didn’t want the belt. … He just wants to fight and make money and feed his family is exactly what he told me.”

The post also says White “mocked” Jackson for his decision to take “The A-Team” role by revealing private conversations Jackson had with White regarding the fighter’s delicate relationship with his father. The author also claims that White not only inaccurately referred to Jackson’s potential movie salary publicly but also jeopardized the fighter’s future in acting by revealing the private information.

“So I feel like my second career could be in jeopardy … so I'm done fighting,” the entry says.

White called the allegation “crazy.”

“Because I got so pissed off about him pulling out of the fight with Rashad -- I’m speaking my mind (and) he thinks I’m trying to ruin his movie career. It’s crazy,” White told Carmichael Dave on Tuesday.

White said that prior to the post, he’d spoken with Rampage as a “friend, to talk him out of making a bad decision.” White also said Jackson was “acting like a baby now, but he’s a grown man.”

“I have nothing bad to say about Rampage. He’s a grown man,” White told Carmichael Dave. “(If) this guy decides he wants to walk away from guaranteed good money right now, money that he’ll never have the opportunity to make for the rest of his life, because he wants to go off and make movies, he’s a grown man. He can do whatever he wants to do.”

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/rampage-post-says-fighter-done-with-ufc-white-reacts-19886

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Well if he does try to leave, Dana will use the godfather technique and reel him back in with his lawyers.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Pretty f'in toolish if he did spread the news about convos between he and jackson concerning his father and the whole drug addiction.

jherman08

jherman08

Awards
  • Established
Rampage is definitely the guy i look up to when it comes to mma.
Hes made mistakes and hes learned from them and that makes him only
more human.

If anyones willing to stepup and tell the world how big of a Dbag Dana White is
like ive thought all along, itd definitely be Rampage.

I hope hes not done, hes too good of a fighter.

Vance

Vance

Awards
  • Established
Rampage is definitely the guy i look up to when it comes to mma.
Hes made mistakes and hes learned from them and that makes him only
more human.

If anyones willing to stepup and tell the world how big of a Dbag Dana White is
like ive thought all along, itd definitely be Rampage.

I hope hes not done, hes too good of a fighter.
I don't have issue with more or less anything Dana has to say on any given day. To be honest I think it's refreshing for the public face of such a big organisation to be so upfront and non-corporate in the way he relates to the sport and the fans in general. If Dana thinks Rampage is being a dumb ass for wanting to do the A Team movie, he calls him a dumb ass. If he thinks Kimbo is a joke he says so.

I think the fact that he goes on record with things like that refreshing. You might not always agree with him, but at least he is prepared to have an opinion and stand by it.

jherman08

jherman08

Awards
  • Established
I think the fact that he goes on record with things like that refreshing. You might not always agree with him, but at least he is prepared to have an opinion and stand by it.
Its always great when someone high up still has balls to be
straight up, but in Dana's case, his opinion is always coincidentally
what would make the ratings shoot through the roof.

That's my opinion at least, not that i hate him or think hes any worse
than anyone else, just seems a bit smug from time to time.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

I agree for a large part, but I wouldn't say "always." I think the latest events & (Dana's) opinions surrounding the Rampage issue would actually detriment TUF ratings and the UFC event. With everyone knowing the Page situation, all the drama between Page and Rashad becomes irrelevant. Perhaps it still serves an entertainment value for that particular episode, but no anticipation level or desirability to buy the UFC PPV, furthermore, as a greater chasm grows between Dana and Page (with Dana expressing his opinions), it lessens the likelihood of Rampage ultimately coming through with the fight.

I already know Kimbo's outcome from a friend who works at SONY, so apart from Rampage/Rashad drama and Kimbo..... I'm sure not watching this season of TUF for Rashad or any of the other fighters.

Vance

Vance

Awards
  • Established

See what you're saying bud, but I think the way that Dana handled the whole Kimbo back in the day wasn't the rating winner you talk about. Would've been easier to bring him into the fold and protect him for a little while to get some big PPV's a la Mr. Bisping.

jherman08

jherman08

Awards
  • Established
Yea thats true i guess, i guess i just feel like the "boss" man always falls
into throwing their "workers" under the bus for more profit, or publicity
regardless of what job, or career it is, including sports.

jherman08

jherman08

Awards
  • Established
I already know Kimbo's outcome from a friend who works at SONY, so apart from Rampage/Rashad drama and Kimbo..... I'm sure not watching this season of TUF for Rashad or any of the other fighters.
Care to pm me with your secret lol, just so i can go sh!t,
he really did know

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Care to pm me with your secret lol, just so i can go sh!t,
he really did know
check :wink1:

I'd wait to see if what I told you comes to pass, then if you want to talk future ****e with your friends, you (and I) will know it's accurate. My friend works at the SONY media department (he's a groomsman in my wedding, so its not just "some dude") and has to check for glitches and audio/video oddities before shows go on to air. He's not even an MMA fan per se, so I don't see him making things up for whatever reason. Hell, i didn't even want to know, I just said, "did you know Kimbo was on this seasons TUF?" This was about two weeks ago, then he immediately responds, "oh yeah, by episode three blah blah blah..." and it was too late to stop him from rambling. If I talk to him I'll ask him for specifics and maybe I can PM you a play by play.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
wow you stupid fcuk way to blow it you moron thats why you PM.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
he posted who won cuz he got a PM and put it on blast. theres a PM for a reason sh!head

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
it doesnt even matter if it was an hour before I want to find out when they either get finished or get a hand raised. did you not get the memo about being private? troll

jherman08

jherman08

Awards
  • Established
Yes, wait a few days, ill let you know
if kimbo fights again and if he wins...:joke:

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
haha stop telling people volcom. and herman your a feg