Goodbye to a legend

Xpballer

Awards
  • Established
& that legend being Mirko Crocop. It's no secret that Mirko is not the same top knotch fighter he once was, and has not been for a couple years now, but as a fan ive been telling myself that he'll shake it off and come back. Watching UFC 103 was really saddening to me, as I've always been a big fan of crocop and always will be a big fan.... I knew in my mind that crocop would be put away by JDS, but my heart still pulled for crocop. UFC 103 was the final nail in the coffin, and as i watched him get beaten i realized hell never be the same fighter we all loved to watch. He literally looked scared in there, and just couldnt do what he needed to do.

“Maybe the ones who have said that I’m done are right. Obviously, I can’t break my mental block in the Octagon. Besides, I’ve been training like a spartan for 20 years now — my body is worn out. The years caught up to me, I’ve been worn out…. [Junior dos Santos] won that fight and would have won it by decision. Simply put, he is younger, more hungry, more aggressive. He wanted to win a lot more…. The mat was slippery like glass. I almost fell down trying to do the left high kick. But I’m not looking for an alibi. This was not the performance the public would pay for. I don’t feel the hunger anymore. I started playing it safe, I’m not ready to take risks. I would like to thank everybody that supported me and stood by me and everyone who helped me to prepare for this fight. I’ve been living a military life for 20 years now. Getting up at 6 a.m. and having physically challenging task up to 8 p.m. I want a normal life. I’m entering a cage and thinking about fishing in Privlaka. You can’t win that way. Maybe I should’ve quit after I won the open weight grand prix.”

It's always a sad moment when a figher realizes his golden days are behind him. I'm still a fan, and You'll always have the most exciting highlight reels in all of mma, best of luck in life, crocop!