Pudz Fight - Info and pics

SemiBulimic

SemiBulimic

Awards
  • Established
The event is to take place on 11th December. Today was the first press conference, some info:

* supposedly Pudzianowski vs Najman is the most expensive fight in the history of European MMA. Most probably bull if you consider UFC was in Europe.
* other fights on KSW XII include a -105 kg (-231 lbs) tournament, middleweight tournament final (Aslambek Saidov [5-0] vs Vitor Nobrega [6-1]) and two additional fights (Maciej Gorski [7-3] vs Jeff Lawson [12-2, TUF 9 participant] and Daniel Dowda [5-2] vs James Zikic [16-5-2])
* KSW tries to contract Pudzian 3 years ago, but they weren't able to convince him to fight at that time
* Pudzian entered with "Sandstorm" in the background (like Wandy ;-p)
* Pudzian confirmed that he took a liking to the sport and plans to fight more than once
* the -105 kg tournament is supposed to feature 4 Polish and 4 foreign fighters (Karol Bedorf was mentioned as a likely participant)
* Pudzianowski says, that the fight with Najman should be very similar to the sack throw event from the Strongman competitions
* current weight: Marcin Najman 104,15 kg (230 lbs), Mariusz Pudzianowski 138,6 kg (305 lbs)

(source: MMA ROCKS!!! Newsy ze ?wiata MMA UFC K-1)

Attachments

SemiBulimic

SemiBulimic

Awards
  • Established
link to Pudz' opponent getting KO'd. I've a feeling this won't last long.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cs8tOk2U3iM"]YouTube - Andrzej Wawrzyk (9-0-0) vs Marcin Najman (12-3-0) HQ[/ame]

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
I like many others, would like to see if Pudz can transfer all that brute strength into a usable skill in the ring. If he can,... and get some experience... game over . Either way,... the guy is so freakin huge, and crazy strong, I sure as hell wouldn't want to have him running at me.

SemiBulimic

SemiBulimic

Awards
  • Established
Anyone can be knocked out but with the size of Mariusz' neck i think it will be difficult for this chap to do so. If Pudz corners him then it won't last long, but this guy still has a puncher's chance. Also, i doubt Pudz's management would let him fight anyone half decent. They want him to win and to win convincingly at that. Pudz in the first round, maybe first minute, definitely not beyond the 2nd minute.

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
...never know,.. maybe in the far too distant future..... if the current king of HW in UFC stays,.... he'll get someone bigger and stronger than him to fight.:wink1:

SemiBulimic

SemiBulimic

Awards
  • Established
...never know,.. maybe in the far too distant future..... if the current king of HW in UFC stays,.... he'll get someone bigger and stronger than him to fight.:wink1:
now there's a thought........... reinforce the cage for that one

K

Kegger

Awards
now there's a thought........... reinforce the cage for that one
The fact that Pudz is a lean and cut 305 lbs. I don't see how it's possible for him to cut to 265 lbs to make the UFC cutoff weight limit. Besides, a guy like him does not have a lot of experience cutting weight.

alwaysgaining

alwaysgaining

Awards
  • Established
The fact that Pudz is a lean and cut 305 lbs. I don't see how it's possible for him to cut to 265 lbs to make the UFC cutoff weight limit. [B]Besides, a guy like him does not have a lot of experience cutting weight.
[/B]

haha true

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
The fact that Pudz is a lean and cut 305 lbs. I don't see how it's possible for him to cut to 265 lbs to make the UFC cutoff weight limit. Besides, a guy like him does not have a lot of experience cutting weight.
ah,.. I didnt even realize there was a cutoff. :boggled:

SpargelJanusz

SpargelJanusz

Awards
  • Established
The big problem of course is that this opponent is cannon fodder for Mariusz.

He'll have to face the current elite fighers like Brock or Fedor if he wants to be as respected in MMA as in Powerlifting. Without a doubt, he is even stronger than Brock.

However, doesn't the UFC test for steroids?

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Well he would be off for a while before they tested him. He still wont make the weight limit so who cares

Swaggerstick

Swaggerstick

Awards
The Pudz in the cage?

FREAKING Outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!

B

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
he wont be in the UFC. some companies are above 265. i think eliteXC you could be 285. he can make that losing some mass off cycle.

and yes of course UFC fighters get tested left and right these days.

SpargelJanusz

SpargelJanusz

Awards
  • Established
he wont be in the UFC. some companies are above 265. i think eliteXC you could be 285. he can make that losing some mass off cycle.

I thought he's 100% natural, :silly:

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Unified rules cut off the HW class at 265; only certain states will sanction a SHW fight.

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I would like to compare Pudz to a gorilla.....

When you fight a gorilla...the gorilla needs no technique to pummel you

If Pudz where to charge at you in a state of silverback like rage...all 305 lbs of him....ontop of you like white on rice...well we dont need much of an imagination what a man as strong as pudz can do to you

But I will say this....his size is also his biggest hindurance. At 305 lbs he will likely get winded withn 2-5 minutes. After that his strength will dramatically decrease by the minute and so will his resilience to damage. Therefore without proper training he can lose the fight if he doesnt grab a hold of his opponent within that first or second squirmish.

An armbar on pudz is redundant and a standing guillotine wont work because of his immense lower back strength...he will just pick you up. A rear naked choke or ankle/knee bar is a possibility if the fight goes the distance. But again i feel this is comparable to my younger sister trying to submit me....she can have all the fancy technique but the difference in our strength levels is so vast that i can negate technique by brute force AS LONG as I have gas.

I dont think pudz should drop to 265 for the UFC...let him go to Japan and fight at 305 where he can go with monsters like himself.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
hey man dont underestimate the armbar! lol if you can get a deep enough armbar anyone's arm will snap

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You make a point....but we are talking about a man who curls more then the other man deadlifts lol

I only say this b/c ive seen someone try to put my friend with 20+ inch arms who curls 225 into an armbar and it was dam hilarious. And we arent talking about anyone...this is the 5x worlds strongest man. I mean it CAN happen...but why put ur money on trying to pull THOSE guns

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rampage was throwing Saku around and getting out of tons of submissions before he gassed.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
i mean thats why its a submission attempt, you might not get it everytime.. until you trick him into thinking one is coming and get him with another. if Pudz's arm is at 90 degrees and he is flexing then yeah its gonna be damn hard to straighten it. on the other hand if this is another 265+ pound man who is a BJJ blackbelt and he puts it on so quickly that Pudz doesnt see it coming, that arm is gonna snap. cant beef up bones and ligaments.

who knows tho, maybe Pudz will just grab the guys face and crush it to pieces as his defense lol

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i mean thats why its a submission attempt, you might not get it everytime.. until you trick him into thinking one is coming and get him with another. if Pudz's arm is at 90 degrees and he is flexing then yeah its gonna be damn hard to straighten it. on the other hand if this is another 265+ pound man who is a BJJ blackbelt and he puts it on so quickly that Pudz doesnt see it coming, that arm is gonna snap. cant beef up bones and ligaments.

who knows tho, maybe Pudz will just grab the guys face and crush it to pieces as his defense lol
Actually, you can. It's Wolf's and Davis' Law, respectively.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Actually, you can. It's Wolf's and Davis' Law, respectively.
I just checked it out, thats pretty cool. what a crazy adaptive machine the human body is.

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Rampage was throwing Saku around and getting out of tons of submissions before he gassed.
Exactly....Rampage couldnt finish saku while he had the gas and made a mistake. Saku with superior technique weathered the hurricane and got that deadly rear naked choke.

This CAN happen to mariusz...but to get him to that point, well you gotta have the resilience of a bull and enough technique and experience to be able to avoid damage.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wolff's law is a theory developed by the German Anatomist/Surgeon Julius Wolff (1836-1902) in the 19th century that states that bone in a healthy person or animal will adapt to the loads it is placed under. If loading on a particular bone increases, the bone will remodel itself over time to become stronger to resist that sort of loading. The internal architecture of the trabeculae undergoes adaptive changes, followed by secondary changes to the external cortical portion of the bone,[1] perhaps becoming thicker as a result.

I'm guessing Pudz has borderline adamantium bones.

B

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
who thinks he will get hurt and pull out of bout?

and he doesnt have bones. he has steel and iron bones like wolverine.

Swaggerstick

Swaggerstick

Awards
Unified rules cut off the HW class at 265; only certain states will sanction a SHW fight.
Then again at first no one would sanction MMA then they did,then they didnt,then they did again.Usually as long as there is a reasonable expectation of generating large dividens you can get it sanctioned.Especially Nevada:flowers1:

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Then again at first no one would sanction MMA then they did,then they didnt,then they did again.Usually as long as there is a reasonable expectation of generating large dividens you can get it sanctioned.Especially Nevada:flowers1:
oh dude they got midget cage fighting out there now

Swaggerstick

Swaggerstick

Awards
Outstanding! it was only a matter of time

Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established
Hoorah for Super Mario!! I cant wait to see how this freak of a man takes care of someone in the cage. It will be interesting, and should be fun to watch.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SemiBulimic MMA 15
H MMA 14
C Sports Talk 12
Doogsy123 MMA 55
VolcomX311 MMA 30