bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
Heres what I got from MMAWEEKLY.COM

UFC 103: SEPTEMBER 19, 2009
venue: American Airlines Arena in Dallas, Texas

Main Card Bouts:
-Vitor Belfort(18-8; #7 Middleweight)* vs. Rich Franklin (25-4)†
-Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic (25-6-2; #7 Heavyweight)* vs. Junior dos Santos (8-1)
-Martin Kampmann (15-2; #7 Welterweight)* vs. Paul Daley (21-8-2)
-Josh Koscheck (12-4; #5 Welterweight)* vs. Frank Trigg (19-6)
-Tyson Griffin (13-2) vs. Hermes Franca (19-7)

Preliminary Bouts:
-Efrain Escudero (11-0) vs. Cole Miller (15-3)
-Drew McFedries (8-5) vs. Tomasz Drwal (16-2-1)
-Jim Miller (14-2) vs. Steve Lopez (12-1)
-Rafaello Oliveira (9-1) vs. Nik Lentz (16-3-1)
-Brian Foster (10-3) vs. Rick Story (7-3)
-Jason Brilz (17-1) vs. Eliot Marshall (7-1)
-Vladimir Matyushenko (22-4) vs. Igor Pokrajac (21-5)
-Robert Emerson (9-7) vs. Rafael Dos Anjos (11-4)

Ima go with: Vitor
Junior Dos Santos
Martin KIampmann
Josh Koscheck
Tyson Griffin
Efrain
Drew Mcdedries
Jim MIller
Elliot Marshall

I hope I pick better than last time yikes!

twuncher

twuncher

Awards
i go for,

Rich Franklin - decision
Junior Dos Santos - KO
Kampmann - TKO
Koscheck - TKO
Hermes Franca - decision

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
i have no faith in cro cop really even tho he looked fine against mustafa al turk but hes not good enough competition

i thought long and hard against franklin and vitor and i really have no diea but i think vitor is quick and could KO him. franklin has been rocked a lot in the last couple years and i think wandy was just to slow.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Main Card Bouts:
I'd like to see Rich never lose again only because he comes off as the nicest guy in MMA
-Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic -
Martin Kampmann (if Kampmann doesn't make an example of this guy we'll see Kampmann drop down to light weight for sure.)
-Josh Koscheck (Trigg could possibly lose his life in this match. Kos nearly killed his teammate, you think he cares about his opponent??)
Hermes Franca (really just excited for this fight in general. Not sure I'm even leaning toward HF)

Preliminary Bouts:
Cole Miller
-Drew McFedries
-Jim Miller
-Rafaello Oliveira (9-1) vs. Nik Lentz (16-3-1) WHO??
-Rick Story (7-3)
-Jason Brilz (17-1) vs. Eliot Marshall (7-1) WHO
-Vladimir Matyushenko
- Rafael Dos Anjos (11-4)

All of these are based on who I'd like to win more than who will... Rich may not come out with a W

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
I love Rich Franklin man. Top 5 for sure. I hope hedoes win but I don't know if he has the speed and KO power. I would LOVE to see him get a KO over a guy like Belfort.

I also like to bet against Crop COp! But... I do think it would better for UFC if he won after the whole contract thing and hes a legend and superstar. I like to see new up and comers but I also like to see legends stay sharp.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Indeed. I'm hoping for CroCop to come back from this boring eye jabbing UFC streak and pull a Nog, but he's had plenty of time to do that already.
If Belfort destroys Franklin it could make for a good match up against Machida or Silva depending on where he goes.
Did they ever make it clear whether the Kampman/Daley fight will be for #1 contender?

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I actually think Rich will win this. I think that he is a very technically sound fighter, who will frustrate the hell out of Vitor.

I cant seem to predict the CC/Dos Santos fight, could go either way IMO

I do have to say I am sort of pulling for Belfort just to add so0me new blood to 185

sonofsteven

Awards
  • Established
Franklin will spoil Belfort's reurn to the octogon with a decision W
Dos Santos is going to show why training w/A.Silva,Machida , Lil/Big Nog is such a good idea . I dont even like Silva but that camp is F'n talented .

Kampmann makes Semtex eat a slice of "Welcome to the UFC mofo" humble pie a la' ground and pound .

Props to Trigg for making a run at it again but Kos will outwork him .

Tyson wins via decision - FOTN award

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
i do like the whole new guy in 185 to have a match with silva or nate mar for the title. but i do want rich to win i hope he doesnt make it boring tho.

cro cop did look just fine tho before the eye poke he did rock him once before that.

Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established
Belfort
Cro Cop
Kampmann
Koscheck
Franca

Miller
McFedries
Miller
Lentz
Foster
Marshall
Pokrajac
Dos Anjos

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
I still think Trigg should be fighting Daley and Kos vs Kampman. How would that not make sense to DW unless he wants some Ws for Kamp and Kos. Plus that just sounds like a great fight for both people. Dana must hate Trigg.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
well he did work against him hahaha. he might dis like him some but knows he can help put together a solid card for a return. yeah i think he wants kos to have more wins because of the early fight wqith thiago alvez and then the KO loss to paulio or whatev

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
hes one celeb i care about who has died. remeber red dawn? that movie was bad ass! when i was like 11 i used to play toy guns after that movie!!!

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
I hope cro cop jumps on his old band wagon of training or something. All his appearances in the UFC have been crap. I miss the old CC. The same CC that kicked people with his freight train left leg over and over and not whatever the hell he has been doing in the UFC.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
his boxing looked decent in his last fight. no kicks everyone knows they are coming

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
his boxing looked decent in his last fight. no kicks everyone knows they are coming
I will say it did look better in his last one,... but i still remember cringing over the congo and gonzaga fights, lol.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
dude it was shocking. i dis like stuff like that. the fall of chuck after jardine and rashad hurt really bad. page was one thing. i knew before hand he was going to lose. then the wandy fight made me really happy but he didnt put him away. then sho gun happened....

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Belfort
Junior dos Santos
Kampmann
Kos
Griffin

Cole Miller

Steve McClean

Awards
I THINK BELFORT WILL WIN BY KNOCKOUT! I DON'T THINK HE'D COME BACK UNLESS HE WAS SERIOUSLY READY. AND REMEBER PEOPLE, THIS MAN HAS SOME OR HAD THE FASTEST HANDS I THE UFC. IF HIS HEADS IN IT AND HE CAN DO WHAT HE KNOWS HOW, FRANKLIN DOESN'T STAND A CHANCE. AND I LOVE JIM CARREY WITH MUSCLES!! LOL CRO COP LEG KICK KNOCKOUT!! KAMPMAN BY DECISION, KOSCHECK OVER TWINKLE TOES, KOSCHECK BY REAR NAKED CHOKE!! LOL POOR FRANK AND GRIFFIN OVER FRANCA, BY DECISION

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
i doubt cro cop gets a leg kick KO. if he does its going to be punches TKO. or decision.

also vitor and cro cops body composition is nothing what it used to be. im not saying being ripped is what its about look at sokadju lol hes ripped and sucks im just saying might not be 100% cro cops body looked liek ****. fro mthe weight ins. i think hermes franka is screwed....he cut to much weight maybe and might gas.

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
i doubt cro cop gets a leg kick KO. if he does its going to be punches TKO. or decision.

also vitor and cro cops body composition is nothing what it used to be. im not saying being ripped is what its about look at sokadju lol hes ripped and sucks im just saying might not be 100% cro cops body looked liek ****. fro mthe weight ins. i think hermes franka is screwed....he cut to much weight maybe and might gas.
lol @ crocop. I guess thats what happens when you come from Pride where they dont test for juice, and then come to the UFC where they do. I remember his first fight in the UFC, I was at a bar with a bunch of friends, and my reaction was "wtf? he doesnt look as big and conditioned as he used to be...."

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
i got 6 out or 9 right. i got both main events so thats all that matters hahah.

Trigg got wrecked by KOS which made me really happy and i think trigg had no chance he was done. he should not have questioned that stoppage.

also tyson griffin did great so crisp with good footwork and leg kicks. not flayling punches like franca. good KO.

cro cop looked TINY. his legs are MUCH smaller and flabby chest. his striking was still scary but dos santos from the start looked much better. junior is just much younger and less beat up with not as much on the line way to easy to beat a much weaker and slower opponent with a lot to lose not to mention low testosterone due to age and most likley using steroids for a number of years.

rich looks like he has nothing on his punches he like leans over when throws a punch like i saw frank shamrock do. his punches werent terrible just not like a good boxer. i was hoping for a leg kick KO. vitor's speed good accuracy and power were fun to watch but not to my boy rich franklin.

that was a really fast UFC a lot of first round or early 2nd round. same with wednesdays fight night which i really enjoyed. what did you all think?

sorry im on my girls tiny ass laptop and my fingers are way to big.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Kampman is dropping down to bantamweight along with Cro Cop and Rich Franklin in 2010 (not true sarcasm)

Paul Daley looks kinda solid. Get that man some Bas Rutten training and we've got some good 170 competition.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
kos fitch swick is a hard trio to beat to get in at a title shot. damn AKA and there 170's. oh yeah and anthony johnson(a personal fav) then you got thiago. i think paul could be very good soon. give him 3 more fights or medium comp( martin was def above medium even tho i dis like him)

speaking of franklin that made me sad i knew it was going to happen tho. whats next for him? fights loser or hendo and nate mar? or fights bisping or maia? dude look who he has had to fight latley. hendo vitor wandy. hes only had one easy fight which was matt hamill who did pretty decent but was def losing. and before that A. silva. damn tough road for rich.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I thought Rich was planning on moving up to 205.

swollwilliams

swollwilliams

Awards
  • Established
saw UFC 103 live from great seats. the undercard fights were great. was really pulling for cro cop, but he just looked like he didn't even want to be in the ring. was dominated from start to finish and pretty much just gave up. franklin was outmatched. was pulling for him as well. even in his loss though, in the post fight interview the fans still stood and applauded him. just a genuine guy, hard not to like-

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
as of late he can only grind guys out. i still love him tho. vitor is just stronger and quicker.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
WesleyInman IronMag Labs 0
Blazin604 MMA 7
Apsmith4992 General Chat 19
Jessep76 MMA 6
Rodja MMA 53