The Ultimate Fighter 10 Preview

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
As well as Brandon Schaub (sp?). He amassed a kick-boxing record of 110-9, though the quality of opponents is unknown. Still pretty impressive, though!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As well as Brandon Schaub (sp?). He amassed a kick-boxing record of 110-9, though the quality of opponents is unknown. Still pretty impressive, though!
My reservation about him is that his MMA opponents have a combined record of 6-15-1.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
My reservation about him is that his MMA opponents have a combined record of 6-15-1.
Ha ha, exactly! That's why I only mentioned his kickboxing record! :18:

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The 1 thing I have to give props to Kimbo about is he does "look" the part. The man looks built like a house. Too bad a LHW TUF reject dropped him like a bad habit in about 5 seconds in front of everybody with absolutely no notice lol.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
He fought bums off the street lol. That was his "claim to fame." I think he is 34.

U r going to have to wait a while to see that coaches fight. It got postponed because of Jackson.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Wow that was IMO a bad start for the show. Some reason I was not entertained as most of the fighters have no personality and come off as major amateurs with egos bigger than their skill set. Rampage's coaching ability seemed pitiful. I found myself FF through the last half of the show to get to the fight.. and that was ...worse than a strikeforce no name fight night, fight.
They built up sooo much hype for this show and that was their mistake.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow that was IMO a bad start for the show. Some reason I was not entertained as most of the fighters have no personality and come off as major amateurs with egos bigger than their skill set. Rampage's coaching ability seemed pitiful. I found myself FF through the last half of the show to get to the fight.. and that was ...worse than a strikeforce no name fight night, fight.
They built up sooo much hype for this show and that was their mistake.
It was one episode. You're getting a tad ahead of everything.

texaswolf

texaswolf

Awards
  • Established
That was a nasty freaking gash on Abe's head from the 1st fight.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
that was the nastiest cut ive ever seen! bigger than marvin eastmans!!!

what do you guys think about the complete lack of coaching/advice from Rampage? I know he is clueless on the ground, but telling your guy to "sweep or get up" while hes getting held down by a wrestler is just pathetic. I mean Rampage has absolutely no idea how to properly make space and get up after a take down, he didnt even tell him to try to use the cage. Then he starts yelling "hes doing it again!! he does the same thing everytime!!" about the wrestler's takedown/trip, but he cant tell him how to defend it?? (clinch/sprawl/posture up/anything). How can you come this far in a MMA career and have zero knowledge of any grappling/wrestling/submissions??? I guess if you have a gnarly grill and you can slam dudes or punch them, Dana white will pay you plenty. Rashad gave his fighter plenty of pointers and specific things to do during the fight, a complete opposite of Jackson. Thats it, rant over, Rampage f*cking sucks

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
It was one episode. You're getting a tad ahead of everything.
As much as I complain I'll still be tuning in. I just wish they had just put together a better first episode establishing all the fighters a bit better. They focused on Kimbo like he was Rickson Gracie. Now if Kimbo is taken out in an embarrassing fashion the viewership will plumet. At least those who are tuning in just for his sake.

Rampage's coaching was terrible. The episode also gave the impression that his choice of fighters was reckless in that he's picking based on looks.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ya I thought it was lame how they played up Kimbo so much. I curious to see who he fights and if it is 1 of the guys that hates him.

That fight was sad. Horrible coaching on Jackson's part. I mean that match up was terrible...for his guy. No coaching at all. Although I can't say I didnt like watching a wrestler maul a guy. Atleast he didnt just lay on him. I am surprised they didnt stop the fight because he was bleeding like a pig.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
anyone with predictions for the finals yet?

I am taking Nelson v. Schaub

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
I wasn't really impressed. I will have to say I do like Rampage for the simple fact that hes funny as hell and makes me laugh, and I cant stand Rashad Evans, but I do agree that Jackson's coaching sucked. But then again, I also agree with the above on how in the hell someone could get on the show, and not understand the basics of take down defense. After like the 3rd or 4th takedown in a row, I had to change the channel for a while, it was just simply pathetic.

I did think it was funny when Kimbo came out though. I expected a couple people to be like "ooo" or "hellz yeah," in terms of the competition, fighting him, or showing that hes all hype. Instead, it was just pure silence. Followed by Rampage saying "ooo' oo' I want him!" Haha!

oh,......And whats up with the fat guy?

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rampage is the show, personality wise, but his coaching does suck in my opinion.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Rampage is the show, personality wise, but his coaching does suck in my opinion.

Too bad he has a boner for kimbo. Seems like the camera men do too.
And Rashad has Greg Fcking Jackson on his team?!?! No wonder Rampage tears off the door.

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
I did think it was funny when Rampage had to pick the last guy standing. He was like " hmm who should I pick,... can I have the camera man instead?" Hahaha,....

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
The First fight sucked!!!! I think Roy Nelson is stupid....hes mad he didnt get picked quick and mad they arnt treating him like royalty. Wes sims should do good. i cant believe kimbo got picked first. Abe or whatever looked so bad against a wrestler im sure he was better standing up but that was sad.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
http://www.cagepotato.com/coming-attractions-tuf-10-episode-2-preview-dos-santos-vs-cro-cop

Here is an episode two preview, with Kimbo doing some mat work. As the article says, and in all honesty, his transition at -:50 is actually pretty damn smooth. Obviously they chose to omit the 1,000 other attempts which looked horrible, but nevertheless: he looks better.

Strangely, I am rooting for Kimbo. Mainly because all this arbitrary hate and aggressiveness toward the man is ridiculous, IMO. I doubt anybody on this thread would turn down a contract for $500,000 per fight, particularly after your fights primarily came for a few hundred prior to that; and now, he despite the ability to still command that amount (in freak shows) he is trying to inject some legitimacy into his career. On the flipside, how many of us would have said, "You know, you're right: I'll turn down making a million this year to live in a house for free and possibly damage my drawing power?" He seems to have some marginal athletic ability, and compared with the arrogance and cardboard personality of some of these fighters, he along with Rampage may make the season watchable.

Jesus ****ing christ; I can't believe I just went all Mullet about Kimbo Slice.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
oh,......And whats up with the fat guy?
thats Roy Nelson, former IFL champion. he actually fought Arlovski, Monson, and Rothwell before. Some people are picking him for the finals. As fat as he looks he is damn quick on the ground, you'll see,

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thats Roy Nelson, former IFL champion. he actually fought Arlovski, Monson, and Rothwell before. Some people are picking him for the finals. As fat as he looks he is damn quick on the ground, you'll see,
He's also a newly minted BJJ BB under Renzo.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
nelson will be tough to beat for most of these guys, outside of a fluke KO. He is my pick, as he is a legit top 15 heavyweight IMO

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
nelson will be tough to beat for most of these guys, outside of a fluke KO. He is my pick, as he is a legit top 15 heavyweight IMO
I am actually going against the grain here: I am not picking Nelson to win, as I think he will take somebody lightly and lose a match.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
He's also a newly minted BJJ BB under Renzo.
ooo black huh I figured he was brown, even better. LOL i cant just see him driving around a big truck blasting country music with Renzo in the passenger seat smiling his a$$ off!

ON a sidenote, does your bjj school charge for belts?? Im due for my blue (2+ years) and they are doing it this month, and just started a new policy charging $100 just for the test/belt. I cant even pay that considering how much I already pay to go there. Most other places are free or just ask you to buy the belt.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
I could very well say I fought them and still sport the same record haha. But still he's got a pretty good record. But how do you stay so disgusting as an mma fighter? Instead of a protein shake he's just having a DQ shake? :laugh2:

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ooo black huh I figured he was brown, even better. LOL i cant just see him driving around a big truck blasting country music with Renzo in the passenger seat smiling his a$$ off!

ON a sidenote, does your bjj school charge for belts?? Im due for my blue (2+ years) and they are doing it this month, and just started a new policy charging $100 just for the test/belt. I cant even pay that considering how much I already pay to go there. Most other places are free or just ask you to buy the belt.
There's no charge for the "test," even though I don't get tested for promotion. Some places do the belt testing, but others just observe live technique and skill, which is more applicable IMO. We have to buy our belt, but that's it.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
There's no charge for the "test," even though I don't get tested for promotion. Some places do the belt testing, but others just observe live technique and skill, which is more applicable IMO. We have to buy our belt, but that's it.
well there is always a semi-formal procedure at any school. you've never seen someone getting a belt? most times after rolling the person who is due for the belt has to roll against everyone for 20 minutes or more and then there is the whole running through the line of people as they are whipping you with their belts LOL thats great

its good that your school isnt doing this shady $hit. im kinda dissapointed in the place Ive been going to. sucks I cant afford the extra 100. hopefully he will just give it to me one day when he sees that I got wayyy to many stripes on the white one.. :)

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well there is always a semi-formal procedure at any school. you've never seen someone getting a belt? most times after rolling the person who is due for the belt has to roll against everyone for 20 minutes or more and then there is the whole running through the line of people as they are whipping you with their belts LOL thats great

its good that your school isnt doing this shady $hit. im kinda dissapointed in the place Ive been going to. sucks I cant afford the extra 100. hopefully he will just give it to me one day when he sees that I got wayyy to many stripes on the white one.. :)
I got my blue belt at a seminar without getting tested or having to roll for an extended period of time. I wouldn't have been able to anyway because I was horribly hungover.

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
ah,.. i though I recognized him, but couldn't put a finger on it.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
I could very well say I fought them and still sport the same record haha. But still he's got a pretty good record. But how do you stay so disgusting as an mma fighter? Instead of a protein shake he's just having a DQ shake? :laugh2:
Well he was in Arlovski's side control for an entire round and was going for kimuras but stupid fans booed so stupid ref stood it up. Its ridiculous to stand the fight up when the submission guy is in a dominant position, its like breaking it up when a muay thai guy has you in a clinch against the fence and throwing knees in your face.

I think hes just fat from $hitty food and beer. With a nickname like Big Country hes probably got plenty of both. He gets away with it, however, because he is so slick on the ground and has good punching power. Besides, most heavyweights are a little heavy also so he doesnt need to worry about them being much quicker. LOL doesnt he remind you of your friend's fat dad whos glued to his recliner and beer/remote.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
hahaha DQ!!! also i think that people on here hate kimbo because we hate kimbo fans more than him because uneducated people talking about a sport(or hobby) you love will drive you crazy. i dont hate him. that guys funny as hell. hes supporting his family and having fun. i know he was sad when he lost, he wants to win. he is a fighter....jsut was not taught the right way years back and now hes running out of time because hes pretty old.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
hahaha DQ!!! also i think that people on here hate kimbo because we hate kimbo fans more than him because uneducated people talking about a sport(or hobby) you love will drive you crazy. i dont hate him. that guys funny as hell. hes supporting his family and having fun. i know he was sad when he lost, he wants to win. he is a fighter....jsut was not taught the right way years back and now hes running out of time because hes pretty old.
I appreciate you enlightening me on the fact that I'm an uneducated fan of the sport for my pro Kimbo stance. On a side, but related note, I was made aware of his outcome tonight by my friend who works at SONY's media dept.

Other then finding out that I'm an illegitimate fan, I noticed you're from SLO. I went to visit my friend at Cal SLO and ate at their college downtown. There was a place next to that UFC shop that serves a Tri Tip sandwhich and I swear is laced with crack, too, too, too damn good.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I go to Cal Poly and i eat at firestones all the time. that MMa store isnt that great tho : / ive got a couple shirts here and there and talked to a couple people, mostly chucks posey there. I am doing an internship a lil up north this quarter tho because I am going to graduate soon.

also i dont mean all fans im jsut saying some, come on bro. hahaha dont post the out comeof kimbo!!!! i look forward to every wednesday night!!! for the last 5 years

MC Gun

MC Gun

Banned
Awards
Yeah it looks good l had a quick look at the first episode on the net.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah I go to Cal Poly and i eat at firestones all the time. that MMa store isnt that great tho : / ive got a couple shirts here and there and talked to a couple people, mostly chucks posey there
haha, I noticed that when I was there.

. I am doing an internship a lil up north this quarter tho because I am going to graduate soon.
Northern California is like another country compared to Southern California, especially in SLO. I feel like I've entered that hobbit town in Lord of the Rings when I go there, with the seaside cliffs and open greenery.

also i dont mean all fans im jsut saying some, come on bro. hahaha dont post the out comeof kimbo!!!! i look forward to every wednesday night!!! for the last 5 years
I wouldn't do that.

:hijacked::hijacked::hijacked:

I apologize to everyone else for this digression.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
yeah but i couldnt get any jobs around there. yeah its a real fun place. you can get real tired of the frat dudes and all the real fake people trying to be cool tho. let me know if you come back

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ya that was pretty bad. Wrestlers on TUF = winners

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wrestlers in a cage generally = winner. Wren is a hell of a wrestler (he was a freestyle and G-R champ and was invited to train at the Olympic training center) and he straight owned Sims.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It really is. One of the least interesting seasons by far.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Rampage thinks he's cursed, but truely its the entire season thats cursed. Unexciting episodes followed up with crap fights and now we can't even fall back on the suspense of coach vs coach.

more depressing than watching last season's heroes

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
To tell you the truth, the last season I actually watched was TUF 3. Whether it is more advertising content, or just horrible editing, this season lacks what made at least that one season interesting: character development, and entertaining fights. Last night was the very first time Wes Sims was even shown talking, so why should, or more directly to the point, how could I have any emotional attachment to him as a fighter? Without emotional attachment, fights are generally meaningless because they lack consequence; and, while quality makes up for consequence, these fights have lacked either.

I also find it intellectually insulting that the UFC repeats, after every episode, "Is it FINALLY time for Kimbo's redemption?" They had a golden opportunity to use Kimbo's fame to build up other fighters in the house, and possibly get one or two genuine personalities ala Forrest, Rashad, Joe Stevenson, Nate Diaz, etc; however, they have completely squandered it with little to no content. And as for the "coaches rivalry": it does not exist, at least to the point where we can see it.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The only "seasons" that I really enjoyed were 1 and 4.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
bla55 MMA 13
mmacrazy MMA 6
MMA 114
bla55 MMA 71
daniel35 MMA 36