Most Underrated Fighter Ever

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's so funny how we're all watching one of the GOATs in MMA and he seldom, if ever, gets the recognition he deserves.

A few clues:
Been ranked in the top-5 of his weight class since 2001
BJJ BB (arguably most adapted to MMA)
Held the championship in every major org he's fought in
Brazilian

The fighter is Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira. Save for Fedor, he is without a doubt the greatest HW in MMA history. This weekend really showed what Nog is all about: just when you think he's done, he finds a way to pull out the win. His boxing really impressed me against Couture and he worked some magic on the ground against a great grappler.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ya the show he put on was great. I am still amazed how Couture didn't get submitted though. But that was some straight dominance.

Xpballer

Awards
  • Established
I agree...... Nog's banged with the best, no doubt, and i think that gives him the edge over a lot of the new comers (obviously i dont mean couture when i say new comer).

A lot of decisions are tough to call, but Nog without a doubt earned this one.

RagingApe

Awards
It's so funny how we're all watching one of the GOATs in MMA and he seldom, if ever, gets the recognition he deserves.

A few clues:
Been ranked in the top-5 of his weight class since 2001
BJJ BB (arguably most adapted to MMA)
Held the championship in every major org he's fought in
Brazilian

The fighter is Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira. Save for Fedor, he is without a doubt the greatest HW in MMA history. This weekend really showed what Nog is all about: just when you think he's done, he finds a way to pull out the win. His boxing really impressed me against Couture and he worked some magic on the ground against a great grappler.
he is a beast, can take one hell of a beating just like fedor.

Troy1982

Troy1982

Awards
I always thought Igor Vovchanchyn was a bit underrated.

Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established
Lets not forget that Big Nog was run over by a truck when he was a kid, he is one durable mofo!

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
how the F did randy not get submitted. yeah he did look much sharper which caused me to lose 20$. big nogs wrap sheet looks great if you type him on on wikipedia and i mean great.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Nog is definitely one of the best HW's ever, but he hasn't looked good in the UFC except against Couture. He looked pretty bad against Heath and Sylvia and got wrecked by Mir and Cain. Sad to see, one of my favorite fighters of all time, but those wars are catching up with him. It was so painful for me to see Mir beat him like that. I hate Mir :)