Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.55%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Rampage to play B. A. Baracus in "The A-Team" movie remake

UFC's Quinton Jackson to play B. A. Baracus in "The A-Team" movie remake
    Former UFC champion Quinton Jackson has been cast as B. A. Baracus in a film remake of the popular 1980s action/adventure television series, "The A-Team," according to The Sun.

UFC's Quinton Jackson to play B. A. Baracus in "The A-Team" movie remake | MMAjunkie.com

I heard originally that Ice Cube was gonna play B.A., so naturally I'm ecsatic for the choice of Quinton instead. Not that it takes much acting for the character itself (just look mean/spout one liners) but IMO just seeing Ice Cube on the big screen is an insult to all cinema. Plus Rampage has a ton of personality.

2. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.66%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

More evidence that Hollywood is creatively barren.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.55%
    Achievements Posting Pro

The fact that they are remaking everything we've already seen, or the fact that they put martial artists and rappers in movies?

I'm thinking both.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.52%

If anybody can post a credible article or something as to whether or not Rampage is postponing his UFC 107 bout in Memphis w/Evans I would greatly appeciate it . I have heard so much speculation and am seriously thinking about tickets but would be less inclined if that matchup isn't happening then . Much thanks .
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0%

I think Quentin could pull it of with ease.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.55%
    Achievements Posting Pro

http://mmajunkie.com/news/16119/rash...son-is-off.mma

The speculation is over.

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson (30-7 MMA, 5-1 UFC) will not be fighting Rashad Evans (13-1-1 MMA, 8-1-1 UFC) at UFC 107 in December.

While the potential for Jackson to withdraw from the event has been discussed for weeks, Evans today confirmed in an interview with Bruce Buffer that the fight has been delayed until at least 2010.

The interview aired on today's episode of "It's Time" on the Sherdog Radio Network.

"It's definitely off for the 12th," Evans said. "It's just disappointing because as a fighter you get your mind wrapped around when you're going to have to fight. Then you kind of just gear up toward it and put everything in place for that time. You take care of a lot of things you need to take care of so when you're in camp you don't have to worry about it. To find out its not going to be happening when you want it to happen is always a little bit of a letdown."

While multiple outlets have reported on the potential for Jackson to take on the role of B.A. Baracus in a feature version of "The A-Team," Evans said until recently he believed it wasn't going to happen.

"I heard a little bit about it at the last UFC, 102, and (UFC president) Dana (White) said he was working to resolve the issue, and he was pretty confident that he was going to have some kind of resolution by the end of the week," Evans said. "But then things must have took a turn for the worse and it wasn't going to be resolved. The end result was him definitely pulling out."

While White made his feelings on the subject obvious at a pre-UFC 102 press conference, Evans echoed the sentiments that fighters should stick to what they do best.

"I would stick with my obligations to do the fight (if I was in the same situation)," Evans said. "I know that he has an amazing opportunity to do this acting role, but then at the same time, at the end of the day he's still going to be just a fighter. He's not going to be an actor."

As opposing coaches on the upcoming tenth season of "The Ultimate Fighter," Evans and Jackson were supposed to clash at the conclusion of the series. Evans said he still believes his next fight will be with Jackson, he's just not sure when it will be.

"I'm pretty positive that it's going to be my next fight," Evans said. "They haven't nailed down any dates, but they did say it was going to be after the New Year. I think they were waiting to speak with Quinton's guys and find out exactly when exactly he feels he should be ready. They just want to get it done and over with, and they're just trying to work with him and see what they can do."
  7. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.01%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

It's absolutely ****ing ridiculous.
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.55%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

I PITY THE FOOL that tries to fill the shoes of B. A. I mean come on, you can't get that guy to fly anywhere. Hannibal, Face, and Murdock are always coming up with new ways to drug him and sh*t. GOOD TIMES!!!

I couldn't stop laughing whenever I'd see B.A. in all that gold, blue overalls, and a red shirt trying to sneak through the tree line.

"I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.55%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Seriously.. if this is the reason Ramp and Rash aren't fighting I'm gonna be very very let down. Plus this movie will be worse than dukes of hazard.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.52%

Quote Originally Posted by Jessep76 View Post
    Seriously.. if this is the reason Ramp and Rash aren't fighting I'm gonna be very very let down. Plus this movie will be worse than dukes of hazard.
    x2 Letting down his hometown no less . As proud as he seems to be about his roots , you would think that this would be the last event he would skip . It was such a well-laid plan too . TUF 10-Ultimate Finale-PPV . This movie will be gay and a half neway .
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  270 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.17%

i wish they would stop doing these remakes of old cartoons, tv shows, etc. and start coming up with some original ideas. sucks to pay 10 bucks for s **** movie these days..
  12. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.23%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

I wonder how the UFC brass felt about this. Right now 107 is without a true main event as Penn v. Sanchez will not cut it.
  13. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.12%

Sucks indeed. I'm not buying that ppv if they aint' going at it. I was "waiting" on that. F*CK!!
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.55%
    Achievements Posting Pro

they possibly added Todd Duffee. Too bad all the great HW's are booked or have already fought.

they could swap out kongo for duffee and do Mir/Anderson... if the world were perfect.
  15. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.77%

The only thing Ice Cube has in common with Mr. T is the thick vertical frown muscles between his eyebrows. Between QJ and IC I'd go with QJ.
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.55%
    Achievements Posting Pro

DEAD MEAT
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.52%

Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    I wonder how the UFC brass felt about this. Right now 107 is without a true main event as Penn v. Sanchez will not cut it.
    Respectfully disagree on that one . Any match that is for a title is worthy of main event status IMHO . I also believe this will be Diego's moment as well . He is kind of nuttier than squirrel sh!t but I think he has all that crazy very well focused and will get the upset . It is just the crushing disappointment of not getting to see what we wanted and were planning on seeing that is sort of overshadowing what a good fight this could be .
  18. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.21%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

When Rampage found out he got the part...

When he realized he can't take the part.

juuuuust kidding.
    NSCA - CSCS

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 39
    Last Post: 06-04-2011, 07:31 AM
  2. Replies: 68
    Last Post: 08-24-2008, 01:24 PM
  3. Ryan "Bench Monster" Kennelly MOVIE is now online
    By Sean Katterle in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-01-2008, 05:17 AM
  4. An Excerpt From The "vatech Shooters" Play!
    By anabolicrhino in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-18-2007, 11:47 AM
  5. "Scary movie" deleted scene. Not work friendly!
    By DmitryWI in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-03-2006, 10:01 AM