strikeforce carano vs cyborg

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
who are you going to take? I think cyborg will win but my weiner says gina.

Jeremy Brown

Jeremy Brown

Awards
  • Established
hahah AGREED. gina carano is probably one of the sexiest women on the planet, especially given her profession as an mma fighter. Carano FTW.

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I am definetely pullin for Cyborg. I mean Gina was hot as hell at the weigh in. She was smiling and posing like she always does when she is being sexy as hell. Basically she has alot going for her whereas Cyborg was standing there looking ugly as hell but looking very serious. If Cyborg loses then she is ugly and a loser??? At least let her be the winner and Gina can still be hot.

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
I think Carano will win. She hasn't disappointed yet. I counted her out several times and was surprised. By the way, my weiner agrees with your weiner.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
after seeing the weight in photos i knew she would lose. gina cant wrestle very well. cyborg ws ripped and bigger. ****ing nuts abbs. it looks like she was on a small amount of test and winny holy hell she took out gina easy.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
after seeing the weight in photos i knew she would lose. gina cant wrestle very well. cyborg ws ripped and bigger. ****ing nuts abbs. it looks like she was on a small amount of test and winny holy hell she took out gina easy.
:werd:

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
I hated to see that happen. What did you think about the stoppage right at the bell? I know she wasn't defending, but what if? Cyborg handled her business for sure.

js2sbr

Awards
I was a very unpopular figure at our house last night because I was actually rooting for Cyborg. Some of her past fights weren't so great and she looked sloppy, but she was on a mission last night against Gina. The ref was moving in to stop just a half sec before the horn sounded. If it would have been the UFC, that match would have been stopped much earlier. IMHO, the refs didn't do enough to protect the fighters last night. They let people just rain down on them when they were clearly out of it.

The Melendez - Ishida fight, that fight went on about 30secs to long before it was stopped. At least in the Babalu - Mousasi, Mousasi stopped himself before the ref came in to save Babalu.

Back on point. Cyborg just rocked that fight from the beginning. Gina threw glancing blows at best. Question? Did anyone else pick up on what could be perceived as eye raking by Cyborg, especially at one point where they were right underneath a camera?

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hated to see that happen. What did you think about the stoppage right at the bell? I know she wasn't defending, but what if? Cyborg handled her business for sure.
Definitely, I hated seeing that happen as well.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
My weiner is sad for the outcome. Gina was totally out matched and it even appeared that cyborg pulled away at times to drag out the fight. I don't think Gina wanted to get up after the stoppage. Mousasi looked great! Too bad he's not in the UFC :(

Anyone know WTF happened with the JT Money/Jay fight?? I thought that was supposed to be on the main card.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mousasi's fight demeanor was very Fedor'esque.

js2sbr

Awards
I thought the exact same thing. My wife was like he seems out of it like he was in disbelief he won. I was like "Oh no he has they Fedor look about him, all business and business was good!"

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
My roommate on Mousasi: "Who's the goofy jewish guy?"

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
dude Gerard is the truth, I still cant believe how he manhandled Babalu! Gerard was throwing his guard around like a puppy in Vicks basement. hahah how terrible

Kegger

Awards
He has always fought that way. Did anyone here DVR that fight? If so, you can really see that Gegard has been training with Fedor....it is so evident at his takedown. Play the fight over and watch Gegard's takedown. You'll see that takedown is right out of the book that Fedor wrote. Remeber that sparring video I posted a while back of Fedor and Mousasi? Well it's pretty apparent that the time Gegard has spent with Fedor is really paying off.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
haha ya i like that video!

Also Gina could not continue on that stoppage was fine. if it went to a second round it would have been even more ugly. and in 20-40 seconds. no doubt in my mind.

damn sobral got Effed uppppp.

JW32Hoops

JW32Hoops

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Also Gina could not continue on that stoppage was fine. if it went to a second round it would have been even more ugly. and in 20-40 seconds. no doubt in my mind.
+1, Cyborg wasn't to be denied, no matter if the fight continued or not. (although there's nothing controversial about the stoppage, it was clearly before the horn)

I was rooting for Carano all the way because she's American (and hot) but wound up being VERY impressed with Cyborg. If Carano was the "best" female fighter before that fight, I can't imagine there's a better female fighter than Cyborg in the world right now.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
no doubt i believe her body type is just way to big and strong for carano. her strikes didn't do anything and were looping and slow nothing behind them. you cant cripple cyborg with those unless its on the button. she got women handled by cyborg who has no estrogen.

you are right the stoppage was def before the buzzer and she wouldnt even be able to continue she was truly rocked.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
+1, Cyborg wasn't to be denied, no matter if the fight continued or not. (although there's nothing controversial about the stoppage, it was clearly before the horn)

I was rooting for Carano all the way because she's American (and hot) but wound up being VERY impressed with Cyborg. If Carano was the "best" female fighter before hat fight, I can't imagine there's a better female fighter than Cyborg in the world right now.
Maybe Cyborg passed a testosterone usage test, but I'm calling for a testes possession test. Shenanigans!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
no doubt i believe her body type is just way to big and strong for carano. her strikes didn't do anything and were looping and slow nothing behind them. you cant cripple cyborg with those unless its on the button. she got women handled by cyborg who has no estrogen.

you are right the stoppage was def before the buzzer and she wouldnt even be able to continue she was truly rocked.
I didn't like seeing Carano get powned like that. It just rubbed me the wrong way. It looked like watching domestic violence.... but in a real man on women type of way :paranoid:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hope he makes Fedor say Matte
Mousasi has unofficially mentioned on a few occasions that he wouldn't fight Fedor, but I'm guessing the Fedor/Mousasi relationship isn't as serious as the Silva/Lyoto relationship. Plus, the way Mousasi has said he doesn't want to fight Fedor always sounded more like he just didn't want any part of that man, as oppose to he couldn't bring himself to do it. Who knows.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
yeah. carano will have a very hard time beating her ever. she needs a different approach because i feel like she cant even hurt cyborg. she needs to hit weights(then she wont make weight) i feel like while she was being light and quick on her feet as in having "good footwork" it was making her just have soft glancing blows that didnt do anything.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
I feel like its just the training philosophy. If you watch Carano train she is doing her circuits and hitting pads, but everything very aesthetically and cautious. She even mentiones that the trainer dude "the satan" makes her go look for mommy. Cyborg on the other hand is going nuts, flipping tires, running with a bungee and carrying her big ass husband, smashing sledgehammers, all while yelling and asking for more. This carried into the fight where Gina couldnt never recover after eating a good shot in the beginning. Muay thai is probably best fitting for her because there is no chance of getting owned via GNP or ruining her model looks with 6 oz gloves.

Plus I have a sneaaky suspicion that Cyborg has been on the Anabolic section of this website. That jaw is ridiculously large LOL

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Mousasi has unofficially mentioned on a few occasions that he wouldn't fight Fedor, but I'm guessing the Fedor/Mousasi relationship isn't as serious as the Silva/Lyoto relationship. Plus, the way Mousasi has said he doesn't want to fight Fedor always sounded more like he just didn't want any part of that man, as oppose to he couldn't bring himself to do it. Who knows.
I just hope we see some interesting turn of events or turn fedor on his back to put more plainly. At least one. They are in an exhibition is what I'm referring to{M-1 Global Presents Breakthrough}. I hope he's packing on the pounds for this. At least he should try to not look so helpless like he did last time.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Plus Cyborg trains out of Chute Box I believe and I think I heard that she often spars with men and according to Chute Box Lore, the intensity of their sparring style can sometimes result in a KO.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
oh yeah their sparring is a full out fight, Wanderlei vs Cyborg in 2010?? hahah

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
2 main card fighters, not to mention winners, got ROBBBBBBBBBED:

Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos: $25,000 (includes $5,000 win bonus)
def. Gina Carano: $125,000

Gegard Mousasi: $2,000
def. Renato "Babalu" Sobral: $75,000

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
there is no way thats right, M1 wouldnt let Gerard fight for 2k. The magement gets a cut of what they make and knowing how they are, there is no way they would let that happen. Must be some sort of mistake.

In tomorrows news: Light heavyweight Gerard Mousasi def. Scott Coker (0-0) via TKO (over money; Armenian style)

sonofsteven

Awards
  • Established
2 main card fighters, not to mention winners, got ROBBBBBBBBBED:

Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos: $25,000 (includes $5,000 win bonus)
def. Gina Carano: $125,000

Gegard Mousasi: $2,000
def. Renato "Babalu" Sobral: $75,000
I can't imagine that is all he made . I could however , see him accepting an upfront fee to fight and then being okay with a low fighter's purse . Fedor also does this . I don't what the exact benefits of this would be , maybe Gegard makes more this way . One way or the other he definetly collected more than 2grand I'm sure . Strikeforce knows his fight history and realizes they have an incredibly hot prospect on their hands so they will compensate accordingly .

IDK about Cyborg . She may have truely gotten screwed .

Kegger

Awards
there is no way thats right, M1 wouldnt let Gerard fight for 2k. The magement gets a cut of what they make and knowing how they are, there is no way they would let that happen. Must be some sort of mistake.

In tomorrows news: Light heavyweight Gerard Mousasi def. Scott Coker (0-0) via TKO (over money; Armenian style)
You've been saying "Gerard" for some time now, the guys name is Gegard. :laugh:

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
hahah I knew I was saying something wrong, thanks !

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
They spell it incorrectly all over the place though. I went to check my spelling on mmajunkie and found gergard just the other day.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Man it was a sick fight. I loved it. I didn't like seeing Gina lose, but looks don't win in this game. I could tell just looking at the pre-fight demeanor that Cyborg was going to take it. She doesn't take anything lightly.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cyborg is quite manish, but with that said she is very well rounded and quite dominant.

In terms of Mousasi, I heard the $2k number is correct. There had to be more under the table somewhere

Kegger

Awards
Cyborg is quite manish, but with that said she is very well rounded and quite dominant.

In terms of Mousasi, I heard the $2k number is correct. There had to be more under the table somewhere
Yeah watching Gina getting beat up by some ugly guy on national TV was tough to watch. I'm sure Gegard had some sort of good arrangement on pay, considering that he is with M1 Global.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah watching Gina getting beat up by some ugly guy on national TV was tough to watch. I'm sure Gegard had some sort of good arrangement on pay, considering that he is with M1 Global.
:toofunny:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know sometimes Rockstars get supplemental compensation in pounds of weed or some type of drugs. Maybe he got cases of vodka on the side :paranoid:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
:lol:

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
I know sometimes Rockstars get supplemental compensation in pounds of weed or some type of drugs. Maybe he got cases of vodka on the side :paranoid:
Gegard should fight Nick Diaz then.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
yeah i cant belive strikeforce payouts. i wonder what fedors will be. stupid m1 global.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Some dutch girl is supposed to be Cyborg's next opponent. Is Kim Couture any good? Assuming I have to ask is probably not a good sign. Cyborg dominating in today's woman's division is like putting A Silva in UFC 1-10