• Established
Damn it. :zx11pissed:

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This whole thing is a waste. Oh boy, he can fight OVereem, Werdum and Rogers. That will solidify him as #1 in my book :rolleyes:

dave12

Awards
  • Established
Ya blame him?

UFC 59
Event took place on April 15, 2006 and aired on PPV
-Tito Ortiz: $200,000 (defeated Forrest Griffin in co-main event)
-Andrei Arlovski: $90,000 (lost to Tim Sylvia in co-main event)
-Tim Sylvia: $90,000 (defeated Andrei Arlovski in co-main event)
-Evan Tanner: $40,000 (defeated Justin Levens)
-Karo Parisyan: $16,000 (defeated Nick Thompson)
-Sean Sherk: $16,000 (defeated Nick Diaz)
-Forrest Griffin: $16,000 (lost to Tito Ortiz in co-main event)
-David Terrell: $12,000 (defeated Scott Smith)
-Nick Diaz: $10,000 (lost to Sean Sherk)
-Jeff Monson: $10,000 (defeated Marcio Cruz)
-Jason Lambert: $8,000 (defeated Terry Martin)
-Thiago Alves: $8,000 (defeated Derrick Noble)
-Justin Levens: $5,000 (lost to Evan Tanner)
-Nick Thompson: $5,000 (lost to Karo Parisyan)
-Marcio Cruz: $5,000 (lost to Jeff Monson)
-Derrick Noble: $3,000 (lost to Thiago Alves)
-Scott Smith: $3,000 (lost to David Terrell)
-Terry Martin: $2,000 (lost to Jason Lambert)
Gross Totals:
Disclosed Fighter Payroll: $539,000
Known Event Revenue: $18.77 million to $19.57 million (includes PPV revenue of $16.58 million to $17.38 million; plus live gate of $2,191,450)

UFC 60 Fighter Salaries
Event took place on May 27, 2006 and aired on PPV
-Royce Gracie: $400,000 (lost to Matt Hughes in main event)
-Matt Hughes: $110,000 (defeated Royce Gracie in main event)
-Jeremy Horn: $70,000 (defeated Chael Sonnen)
-Brandon Vera: $32,000 (defeated Assuerio Silva)
-Diego Sanchez: $24,000 (defeated John Alessio)
-Mike Swick: $14,000 (defeated Joe Riggs)
-Spencer Fisher: $14,000 (defeated Matt Wiman)
-Joe Riggs: $12,000 (lost to Mike Swick)
-Gabriel Gonzaga: $10,000 (defeated Fabiano Scherner)
-Melvin Guillard: $10,000 (defeated Rick Davis)
-Alessio Sakara: $10,000 (lost to Dean Lister)
-Dean Lister: $10,000 (defeated Alessio Sakara)
-Assuerio Silva: $8,000 (lost to Brandon Vera)
-Chael Sonnen: $5,000 (lost to Jeremy Horn)
-Fabiano Scherner: $3,000 (lost to Gabriel Gonzaga)
-Matt Wiman: $3,000 (lost to Spencer Fisher)
-John Alessio: $3,000 (lost to Diego Sanchez)
-Rick Davis: $2,000 (lost to Melvin Guillard)
Gross Totals:
Disclosed Fighter Payroll: $740,000
Known Event Revenue: $26.87 million (includes PPV revenue of $23.97 million; plus live gate of $2,900,090)

texaswolf

texaswolf

Awards
  • Established
I don't blame him. UFC pays their top fighters peanuts when you compare it to other professional sports.

theBIGcactus

theBIGcactus

Awards
  • Established
wow... guess he gets to beat up on washed up people still

theBIGcactus

theBIGcactus

Awards
  • Established
Brock Lesnar - $400,000 (No win bonus)
Frank Mir - $45,000
Lesnar defeated Mir via technical knockout (strikes) in round two

Georges St. Pierre - $400,000 ($200,000 to show, $200,000 to win)
Thiago Alves - $60,000
St. Pierre defeated Alves via unanimous decision

Dan Henderson - $250,000 ($100,000 to show, $150,000 to win)
Michael Bisping - $150,000
Henderson defeated Bisping via knockout (punch) in round two

Yoshihiro Akiyama - $60,000 ($40,000 to show, $20,000 to win)
Alan Belcher - $19,000
Akiyama defeated Belcher via split decision

Mark Coleman - $100,000 ($50,000 to show, $50,000 to win)
Stephan Bonnar - $25,000
Coleman defeated Bonnar via unanimous decision

Jim Miller - $22,000 ($11,000 to show, $11,000 to win)
Mac Danzig - $20,000
Miller defeated Danzig via unanimous decision

Jon Jones - $18,000 ($9,000 to show, $9,000 to win)
Jake O’Brien - $13,000
Jones defeated O’Brien via submission (guillotine choke) in round two

Dong Hyun Kim - $58,000 ($29,000 to show, $29,000 to win)
TJ Grant - $5,000
Kim defeated Grant via unanimous decision

Tom Lawlor - $16,000 ($8,000 to show, $8,000 to win)
CB Dolloway - $14,000
Lawlor defeated Dolloway via submission (guillotine choke) in round one

Shannon Gugerty - $10,000 ($5,000 to show, $5,000 to win)
Matt Grice - $7,000
Gugerty defeated Grice via submission (guillotine choke) in round one

Jon Fitch - $90,000 ($45,000 to show, $45,000 to win)
Paulo Thiago - $8,000
Fitch defeated Thiago via unanimous decision

heres the most recent one, but they also get paid for their sponsors. that is where most of their money comes from.

JW32Hoops

JW32Hoops

Banned
Awards
  • Established
He'll get the $$$ but he won't be fighting the top-level talent.

Years from now, we'll all be having these "what if" arguments, about how good he was, how could he could have been, etc. The bottom line is, we'll never know if he was "the best" or not if he never fights the top-flight contenders.

EVILADAMS

EVILADAMS

Awards
  • Established
Ya blame him?

UFC 59
Event took place on April 15, 2006 and aired on PPV
-Tito Ortiz: $200,000 (defeated Forrest Griffin in co-main event)
-Andrei Arlovski: $90,000 (lost to Tim Sylvia in co-main event)
-Tim Sylvia: $90,000 (defeated Andrei Arlovski in co-main event)
-Evan Tanner: $40,000 (defeated Justin Levens)
-Karo Parisyan: $16,000 (defeated Nick Thompson)
-Sean Sherk: $16,000 (defeated Nick Diaz)
-Forrest Griffin: $16,000 (lost to Tito Ortiz in co-main event)
-David Terrell: $12,000 (defeated Scott Smith)
-Nick Diaz: $10,000 (lost to Sean Sherk)
-Jeff Monson: $10,000 (defeated Marcio Cruz)
-Jason Lambert: $8,000 (defeated Terry Martin)
-Thiago Alves: $8,000 (defeated Derrick Noble)
-Justin Levens: $5,000 (lost to Evan Tanner)
-Nick Thompson: $5,000 (lost to Karo Parisyan)
-Marcio Cruz: $5,000 (lost to Jeff Monson)
-Derrick Noble: $3,000 (lost to Thiago Alves)
-Scott Smith: $3,000 (lost to David Terrell)
-Terry Martin: $2,000 (lost to Jason Lambert)
Gross Totals:
Disclosed Fighter Payroll: $539,000
Known Event Revenue: $18.77 million to $19.57 million (includes PPV revenue of $16.58 million to $17.38 million; plus live gate of $2,191,450)

UFC 60 Fighter Salaries
Event took place on May 27, 2006 and aired on PPV
-Royce Gracie: $400,000 (lost to Matt Hughes in main event)
-Matt Hughes: $110,000 (defeated Royce Gracie in main event)
-Jeremy Horn: $70,000 (defeated Chael Sonnen)
-Brandon Vera: $32,000 (defeated Assuerio Silva)
-Diego Sanchez: $24,000 (defeated John Alessio)
-Mike Swick: $14,000 (defeated Joe Riggs)
-Spencer Fisher: $14,000 (defeated Matt Wiman)
-Joe Riggs: $12,000 (lost to Mike Swick)
-Gabriel Gonzaga: $10,000 (defeated Fabiano Scherner)
-Melvin Guillard: $10,000 (defeated Rick Davis)
-Alessio Sakara: $10,000 (lost to Dean Lister)
-Dean Lister: $10,000 (defeated Alessio Sakara)
-Assuerio Silva: $8,000 (lost to Brandon Vera)
-Chael Sonnen: $5,000 (lost to Jeremy Horn)
-Fabiano Scherner: $3,000 (lost to Gabriel Gonzaga)
-Matt Wiman: $3,000 (lost to Spencer Fisher)
-John Alessio: $3,000 (lost to Diego Sanchez)
-Rick Davis: $2,000 (lost to Melvin Guillard)
Gross Totals:
Disclosed Fighter Payroll: $740,000
Known Event Revenue: $26.87 million (includes PPV revenue of $23.97 million; plus live gate of $2,900,090)
I don't blame him. UFC pays their top fighters peanuts when you compare it to other professional sports.
Dude, do you really think Dana low balled him like that? Word around the school yard is he was offered a 6 fight deal worth millons. Just sayin.

JW32Hoops

JW32Hoops

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Dude, do you really think Dana low balled him like that?
Speaking of Dana...

“Fedor is a f ucking joke,” said White. “He turns down a huge deal and the opportunity to face the best in the world to fight nobodies for no money. I feel sorry for the real fight fans. I wanted to make the deal, but it takes two and it is very obvious Fedor doesn’t want to fight the best, and doesn’t give a sh!t about the fans.”“

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
wtf are you talknig about showing those UFC payrolls? they get huge PPV cuts too along with other crap. fedor was gonig to get 30 mill for 6 fights plus PPV cut. WAY more than these guys. i think you dont really have anything.

"you cant blame him" uhhh no i think you can and his manager. if he wanted to be in the UFC he could and he doesnt want to fight the best. throw that dana white BS and "being mean" and co promotion out the window. bottle line is hes not the best p4p fighter in the world.

EVILADAMS

EVILADAMS

Awards
  • Established
Speaking of Dana...

“Fedor is a f ucking joke,” said White. “He turns down a huge deal and the opportunity to face the best in the world to fight nobodies for no money. I feel sorry for the real fight fans. I wanted to make the deal, but it takes two and it is very obvious Fedor doesn’t want to fight the best, and doesn’t give a sh!t about the fans.”“
You know Dana has an issue biting his tongue. He was obviously pissed Fedor didn't sign.

wtf are you talknig about showing those UFC payrolls? they get huge PPV cuts too along with other crap. fedor was gonig to get 30 mill for 6 fights plus PPV cut. WAY more than these guys. i think you dont really have anything.

"you cant blame him" uhhh no i think you can and his manager. if he wanted to be in the UFC he could and he doesnt want to fight the best. throw that dana white BS and "being mean" and co promotion out the window. bottle line is hes not the best p4p fighter in the world.
Thats a lot of cabbage to turn down. Rubels too. :laugh2:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
UFC doesn't pull in as much as other professional sports (yet) either. As much as I hate baseball, they fill double or triple a UFC event capacity "daily" and throughout numerous states at once, when the season is going. Not to mention the endorsements from larger companies like Nike, Coke and Pepsi. If you're saying UFC doesn't pay as much as other MMA organizations, then yeah, but compared to baseball & football, hellz no.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
they would have paid fedor so much you have had to read it many times.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
UFC doesn't pull in as much as other professional sports (yet) either. As much as I hate baseball, they fill double or triple a UFC event capacity "daily" and throughout numerous states at once, when the season is going. Not to mention the endorsements from larger companies like Nike, Coke and Pepsi. If you're saying UFC doesn't pay as much as other MMA organizations, then yeah, but compared to baseball & football, hellz no.
Good point. A team like the yankees own their own stadium, plays 80~ home games a year, has a stadium average of 40k a game. They easily pull in 8 times the attendance of a years worth of UFC events with a season.

dave12

Awards
  • Established

Both the ufc side and the russian mob side said that negotiations never made it to that point. I love watching the UFC, but it doesnt seem like the most pro-employee company. The UFC doesnt throw around PPV rev to fighters. At least if they do I've not seen any proof. I also can understand Fedor's position that just because they aren't necessarily giving him the worst deal ever he was looking for a more universally beneficial environment for all fighters. Also, Russia is a very different place then the US. I'm not really surprised that the Russians seem to chafe at the way the UFC does business.

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If I were in a room full of Russians I would feel very uncomfortable and suspicious of them as well.

This could be the start of a new Cold War.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Both the ufc side and the russian mob side said that negotiations never made it to that point. I love watching the UFC, but it doesnt seem like the most pro-employee company. The UFC doesnt throw around PPV rev to fighters. At least if they do I've not seen any proof. I also can understand Fedor's position that just because they aren't necessarily giving him the worst deal ever he was looking for a more universally beneficial environment for all fighters. Also, Russia is a very different place then the US. I'm not really surprised that the Russians seem to chafe at the way the UFC does business.
All of the top fighters get PPV %-age. That was one of the major arguments by Couture when he had his holdout. It may only be 2-3%, but it is still more than most make for a fight.

When you think about it, there is 2-3 marquee fights for Fedor: Lesnar, Carwin, and Velasquez. All of the others would get killed against him.

Quick rundown:
Mir-GnP dummy
Nog-seen it 2x already
CC-haha
Couture-too slow at this point

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In essence how would possible opponents fair in strikeforce?

Rogers- god this will be ugly

Werdum- if he thought Santos through him a beating....

Overeem- punchers chance, it will hit the ground and be over in a blink.

Better draws in the UFC which equals more money. I really start to wonder if Fedor is interested in fighting the top guys at this point.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In essence how would possible opponents fair in strikeforce?

Rogers- god this will be ugly

Werdum- if he thought Santos through him a beating....

Overeem- punchers chance, it will hit the ground and be over in a blink.

Better draws in the UFC which equals more money. I really start to wonder if Fedor is interested in fighting the top guys at this point.
It would also take around 3 years for him to finish out his UFC contract. If he was truly concerned about just the money, he could go fight in Japan where they absolutely love Fedor. Honestly, at this point, what does he have to prove?

dave12

Awards
  • Established
All of the top fighters get PPV %-age. That was one of the major arguments by Couture when he had his holdout. It may only be 2-3%, but it is still more than most make for a fight.

When you think about it, there is 2-3 marquee fights for Fedor: Lesnar, Carwin, and Velasquez. All of the others would get killed against him.

Quick rundown:
Mir-GnP dummy
Nog-seen it 2x already
CC-haha
Don't ya think the pay comes up a lil short here? The UFC isn't the farm team it's the show. Jim's Bar and Grill Cage Night paying 2k is one thing. Worldwide organization paying guys less then a stripper in vegas can make in a night is another.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Don't ya think the pay comes up a lil short here? The UFC isn't the farm team it's the show. Jim's Bar and Grill Cage Night paying 2k is one thing. Worldwide organization paying guys less then a stripper in vegas can make in a night is another.
Considering the top guys easily pull in over $1M a fight, I'd say they're doing just fine.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
For other fighters maybe but Fedor would have (according to yahoo) been the highest paid MMA fighter with this UFC deal.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
lesner and carwin would be the only choices. i think cain would get caught look at kongo fight ...but kongo is long. randy is to slow its a shame. i think rogers would take it slow then think he had an opportunity and would get caught him self after a flury. atleast i can go watch fedor up in san jose.

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
Speaking of Dana...

Bro, we all know Dana can be an ass...well, quite often. And none of us are inside Fedor's head to know why he ultimately made the decision that he made. Could of been manager's influence, could of been strictly $$$$, could have been something else. But, besides the "F'n joke" part of what he said, he's pretty much right.

JW32Hoops

JW32Hoops

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Bro, we all know Dana can be an ass...well, quite often. And none of us are inside Fedor's head to know why he ultimately made the decision that he made. Could of been manager's influence, could of been strictly $$$$, could have been something else. But, besides the "F'n joke" part of what he said, he's pretty much right.
I totally agree. Eff Fedor. Until he (and/or his agent, whatever) steps up and is willing to fight the best, then I'm done with these conversations about how he "is the best" etc.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Strikeforce might join up with Dream I heard... that would make for better ratings for showtime assuming strikeforce doesn't leave them.

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established

Quick rundown:
Mir-GnP dummy
Nog-seen it 2x already
CC-haha
With all due respect...you are kidding right? All 7 of those fights would get marketed phenomonally in the UFC and all 7 would generate more publicity and excitement rather than the bums he is going to fight in Strikeforce. Especially Couture. Whether you or I feel they would be good fights is irrelevant. Johnny Six Packer UFC watcher would gobble up all those fights.

On any given fight...anyone can loose given the right circumstances...even the almighty ( "I like to pick my own fights" ) Fedor.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
With all due respect...you are kidding right? All 7 of those fights would get marketed phenomonally in the UFC and all 7 would generate more publicity and excitement rather than the bums he is going to fight in Strikeforce. Especially Couture. Whether you or I feel they would be good fights is irrelevant. Johnny Six Packer UFC watcher would gobble up all those fights.

On any given fight...anyone can loose given the right circumstances...even the almighty ( "I like to pick my own fights" ) Fedor.
You really missed the point of that post, as usual. Just because it is a very hyped fight does not mean it is going to be a good and/or competitive fight. Fedor/Couture has especially lost its luster since Lesnar really emerged so quickly.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Finklestink: "I wonder who Dana White considers to be the best fighters. The fighter that has their belt has a 4-1 record. Maybe these fighters have become the product of the great PR machine of the UFC. Also, Brett Rogers is a very good opponent and a much better opponent for Fedor and for fans. He's had 10 fights and no losses."

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Quick rundown:
Mir-GnP dummy
Nog-seen it 2x already
CC-haha
AMEN!!! Who are these BEST IN THE WORLD fighters that you guys are talking about??? BROCK with his 4 pro fights?? Mir said it himself last year when someone asked if he is on Fedor's level "F### no!"

Carwin is still coming up and his skills are very raw. Cain is not bad and could be a good fight. Brock would get KTFO in the 1st round because he still sucks at mma, maybe a great wrestler/jerkoffpuncher but still has no standup or sub defense.

In strikeforce he will definitely have a good fight with Overeem, at least a chance for a slugfest with Rogers, a possibly a good fight with Werdum. And they are talking about bringing in Monson and Kharitonov who arent really good but just as good as some of those before mentioned UFC guys.

As much as I would like to see Fedor fight in the UFC, I urge everyone not to jump on UFC fan boy bandwagon quoting Dana White and cursing the fighters that dont want to sell their soul to the devil. Please decide for yourself if the UFC HW division is really as stacked as Dana loves to say it is.

JW32Hoops

JW32Hoops

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Not being a "fanboy" (hell, I'm actually a pretty new MMA fan) but can you finish this sentence with any OTHER name than Brock Lesnar?

"I'm really excited to see Fedor fight _______"

Overeem and the rest might be serviceable opponents, but not much of a draw when it comes to fan interest. Aside from fan interest, the UFC is the biggest MMA fighting league in the world. Brock Lesnar is the heavyweight champion of that league. When it comes to "fanboys" Fedor has plenty, and if they want to say he's "the best" then he's gotta fight the best. For better or worse, at this point in time, that's Brock.

FWIW I'd "sell my soul to the devil" for the richest contract ever offered an MMA fighter. It's not like Fedor got a lowball offer.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
AMEN!!! Who are these BEST IN THE WORLD fighters that you guys are talking about??? BROCK with his 4 pro fights?? Mir said it himself last year when someone asked if he is on Fedor's level "F### no!"

Carwin is still coming up and his skills are very raw. Cain is not bad and could be a good fight. Brock would get KTFO in the 1st round because he still sucks at mma, maybe a great wrestler/jerkoffpuncher but still has no standup or sub defense.

In strikeforce he will definitely have a good fight with Overeem, at least a chance for a slugfest with Rogers, a possibly a good fight with Werdum. And they are talking about bringing in Monson and Kharitonov who arent really good but just as good as some of those before mentioned UFC guys.

As much as I would like to see Fedor fight in the UFC, I urge everyone not to jump on UFC fan boy bandwagon quoting Dana White and cursing the fighters that dont want to sell their soul to the devil. Please decide for yourself if the UFC HW division is really as stacked as Dana loves to say it is.
At best, Strikeforce currently has two fighters in the consensus top-ten: Overeem [8 or 9] and Rogers [7 or 8]. The UFC, on the other hand, poses five: Lesnar [3]; Mir [4]; Nog [5]; Couture [6], and; Carwin [10]. While only Lesnar and [...maybe...] Carwin are truly intriguing fights, both Mir and Couture are still bigger and more interesting draws than either Rogers or Overeem.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
You can honestly call a man with 5 total MMA fights the best? Just because D.White has made him the champion and pays him millions that does not mean he is the best. UFC has obviously made everyone believe in big bad Brock. He hasnt even gotten hit hard in the head for crying out loud, you havent even seen him in a single battle!!!!
He fought an old ass beat up Randy for this "title" to begin with! The victory against Mir was his most solid outing, and Mir himself admitted that he wouldnt even want to fight Fedor.

R.Couture is 44 years old. He weighs in even less than Fedor. Except for his wrestling that was at one point amazing, he has nothing to offer. No one would even bet a penny on Randy if he fought Fedor. His striking is average and his strength/ability to take hits has gone way down since his glory days.

Nog has gotten demolished by Fedor not once but twice!!! Nog has looked pathetic and finished in his last fight with Mir. What kind of a draw would this be?? Any fan who has watched Fedor vs. Nog would know how the 3rd fight would turn out. Nog is past his prime and has taken more punishment than anyone, and Fedor is pretty much as good as he ever going to be.

I dont think you have seen any of Overeem's fights, he is a nasty dutch kickboxer who has gained a ton of weight and is around 260 now. He has been destroying people for years. He also has a decent ground game and some submission wins.

Rogers isnt a big star, but he has tons of power and heavy hands. Solid 10-0 record. Finishes fights. Still young and will develop into an even better fighter.

As a diehard MMA fan I would rather see a prime Overeem or Rogers rather than beatup washedup Randy or Nog. Please watch some older fights to base your decision, these top 10s composed by sportswriters mean nothing to me.

ALSO, the deal proposed to Fedor wasnt even as good as D.White has said it.
“From my viewpoint, the UFC does not have the proper attitude towards fighters,” said Emelianenko. “They don’t consider fighters to be normal people, human beings. What I think (is) that the UFC’s attitude towards the fighters is not the correct one and I don’t like their policy, which appears to be (a) really forced one, because the offer which we got was one kind, then on the Internet they published (an) absolutely different offer. The offer that we got from them was really miserable.”

I believe that before I believe D.White's two timing ways he has shown so many times. Just like recent events: kimbo on TUF, Tito back in... Dana has said whatever he had to say to have all you people think that there are no good fights outside of UFC. I guess he did a good job.

JW32Hoops

JW32Hoops

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Did Dana White "make Brock the champion" or did Brock beat who he needed to beat?

I know the guy is relatively new to the sport of MMA, but he hasn't demonstrated anything that would suggest he's not worthy of fighting the top heavyweights and contending for their titles. If someone beats him, then they'll be champ and the Lesnar haters can sit back smugly.

As far as the deal "not being as good as Dana said it was"...idk, $30mil for 5 fights sounds pretty good to me. Allowing M-1 to cross-promote seems like a bit of reach on the side of Fedor's management team.

(not a Lesnar ball washer, just a relatively new MMA fan who doesn't see why people hate on him when it appears that he's a fierce and skilled competitor)

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
I think I wanted Fedor in the UFC particularly to go in and beat Brock. possibly The only draw for Fedor being in Strikeforce for me is its free. Watching Fedor beat the Pep boys guy is probably as exciting to me as Shamrock vs D Oz

Mullet and JW32 you have to have your dogs fight each other. Or get them to mate and sell me a pup!

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
LOL - jus jokes. I was getting the pics mixed up they look similar. :D

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You must be kidding me. Before I reply, let me check my MMA license to ensure I am qualified to speak to AntonG420...Good to go. (I literally just found out I have watched enough fights to speak to you.)

You can honestly call a man with 5 total MMA fights the best? Just because D.White has made him the champion and pays him millions that does not mean he is the best. UFC has obviously made everyone believe in big bad Brock. He hasnt even gotten hit hard in the head for crying out loud, you havent even seen him in a single battle!!!!
No I do not. I have Brock at number three behind Fedor and Barnett, respectively. Now, on to the nonsense about Lesnar's skills.

He fought an old ass beat up Randy for this "title" to begin with! The victory against Mir was his most solid outing, and Mir himself admitted that he wouldnt even want to fight Fedor.
So, let me get this straight: because Frank Mir claimed he "wouldnt even want to fight Fedor" - he actually said the exact opposite, by the way, with the video being here: YouTube - Frank Mir "I Can Beat Fedor" (copy and paste) - and Brock just beat Mir, you are drawing the shaky conclusion that Brock would fare poorly against The Last Emperor? Sound logic.

At any rate, that "old ass" Randy poses interesting fights for several prominent fighters. More on that below.

R.Couture is 44 years old. He weighs in even less than Fedor. Except for his wrestling that was at one point amazing, he has nothing to offer. No one would even bet a penny on Randy if he fought Fedor. His striking is average and his strength/ability to take hits has gone way down since his glory days.
You are basing this on what, exactly? Hopefully not the fact he was put down by Brock - a scenario which is possible for any HW. The fact is, Randy's wrestling and clinch work is still some of the most effective in the HW division, and he displayed this against Brock. Against Fedor, while he would most probably lose, Randy's style gives him a decided advantage in the cage re: strategy. While Fedor's elusiveness and better striking would pay dividends in a ring, Randy's smothering style of clinch n' dirty-boxing poses an interesting fight for Fedor.

Nog has gotten demolished by Fedor not once but twice!!! Nog has looked pathetic and finished in his last fight with Mir. What kind of a draw would this be?? Any fan who has watched Fedor vs. Nog would know how the 3rd fight would turn out. Nog is past his prime and has taken more punishment than anyone, and Fedor is pretty much as good as he ever going to be.
You should breathe more, think more, and speak less. This is what I said, "While only Lesnar and [...maybe...] Carwin are truly intriguing fights, both Mir and Couture are still bigger and more interesting draws than either Rogers or Overeem." One thing you will notice is that any mention of Nog is ostensibly absent from that description for particular reasons. On to more nonsense.

I dont think you have seen any of Overeem's fights, he is a nasty dutch kickboxer who has gained a ton of weight and is around 260 now. He has been destroying people for years. He also has a decent ground game and some submission wins.
I have, but apparently you have not. Overeem's move to HW was largely precipitated by a less-than-stellar record at 205, where he suffered two KO losses to Shogun; two KO losses to Rog Nog, and; a loss to Arona [in the MW tourney, IIRC]. His striking may pose a marginal threat to Fedor, though the Last Emperor's style has largely negated more accomplished and dangerous strikers than Overeem [see: CC in 2005 OWGP Finals]. His guard is relatively weak - see: both losses to Shogun, and his loss to Arona - and he would want no part of Fedor there. The fight with Overeem would play out quickly, as Fedor would pressure Overeem, make him wear his weight on the ground, and sub him quickly.

Rogers isnt a big star, but he has tons of power and heavy hands. Solid 10-0 record. Finishes fights. Still young and will develop into an even better fighter.
Rogers' KO power looks promising, but his footwork is "bull-rush", and he has displayed no mat game to speak of. Fedor would overwhelm him quickly, and he needs more development.

As a diehard MMA fan I would rather see a prime Overeem or Rogers rather than beatup washedup Randy or Nog. Please watch some older fights to base your decision, these top 10s composed by sportswriters mean nothing to me.
Again, Captain Condescension: I have watched the fights, but I appreciate the refresher. In a cage, Randy's clinch-work poses more threat to Fedor than Roger's bull-rush style, or Overeem. With that being said, both Randy and Nog are pretty incidental to the point I was making: Lesnar, Carwin and Mir all pose more intriguing match-ups to Fedor than either Overeem or Rogers. Hopefully the second time around that statement resonates more.

I believe that before I believe D.White's two timing ways he has shown so many times. Just like recent events: kimbo on TUF, Tito back in... Dana has said whatever he had to say to have all you people think that there are no good fights outside of UFC. I guess he did a good job.
You must be ****ing kidding me.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You can honestly call a man with 5 total MMA fights the best?
The best "currently." He is the HW Champion.

He hasnt even gotten hit hard in the head for crying out loud, you havent even seen him in a single battle!!!!
A few points here,

- He has been stuck by both Randy and Mir in short, sporadic exchanges. No haymakers, but heavyweights hardly ever throw visibly, ****ed back haymakers and don't need to in order to KO. You don't know how hard he was hit unless you were him. The fact that the few, but real strikes he received did nothing to phase him, doesn't mean he has never been hit hard.

Tell me the KO punch Randy received by Lesnar looked like it should have been a KO punch. Or the baby brush nobody caught until the slow-mo replay Arlovski caught by Fedor should have been a lights out punch. My point being, you don't know if he's been hit hard or not, because HW's strike's don't need to look like a Lidell overhead to KO.

- You haven't seen him in a battle because no has been able to put him in that position. You're calling out a wrestler for not suffering the consequences of a strikers game plan.

I don't know that I've ever seen GSP catch a truly mean strike to the head, and that's because he doesn't let it happen. He puts opponents on their back so they can't. Since when is not letting an opponent pound your face a mark against you? WTF.

Lesnar's game plan is to shut down the stand up and go to his game plan, the ground. Not unlike GSP, and not unlike Hughes.

He fought an old ass beat up Randy for this "title" to begin with!
Thats exactly what was said about Randy going into Silvia and Gonzaga and he still had his way.

Nog has looked pathetic and finished in his last fight with Mir.
Pretty much my thoughts as well.

As a diehard MMA fan I would rather see a prime Overeem or Rogers rather than beatup washedup Randy or Nog.
MMA is an entertainment business, "diehard MMA fans vs The General Masses," guess who has greater financial consequence?

Dana "saying" whatever he wants to say has no effect as to what we/I watch in the MMA world and as such, come to develop our own opinions. For the most part, "diehard MMA fans" don't like Dana and his douchebaggery. I would question him if he told me the sun was out at 2pm.

I think there is a greater consensus in a dislike of Lensar if anything.

I like Fedor and I still consider Fedor the best and leagues & leagues beyond Lesnar and any current HW or any fighter as far as that's concerned, in terms technical MMA talent (in my opinion).

If The UFC was a sambo or BJJ tournament where only technicality is on display, then Lesnar has no chance in hell, but when you include manhandling, GnP and strikes, Lesnar's athletic ability, strength and weight, give him threatening characteristics, even against Fedor.

I would still favor Fedor over Lesnar, but Lesnar is quick enough and strong enough to accidentally knock out ANYONE.

dave12

Awards
  • Established
I'd like to see Lesnar fight some other huge guy to see how he responds to his own overwhelm with hugeness tactic. I vote that fat dope esch.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
Id say lesner does know MMA. He trains a ton. He might not be at a super high class but he has faced no problems at all so far. the only problem besides the leg lock was jsut a couple punches from randy and not able to take him down and jsut a couple from MIR. He has a ton of skill besides being big its hard work defeating those VETS that he beat. Fedor is a complete fighter on the otherhand.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Id say lesner does know MMA. He trains a ton. He might not be at a super high class but he has faced no problems at all so far. the only problem besides the leg lock was jsut a couple punches from randy and not able to take him down and jsut a couple from MIR. He has a ton of skill besides being big its hard work defeating those VETS that he beat. Fedor is a complete fighter on the otherhand.
No doubt Fedor is a complete fighter. Probably the most complete in my opinion. He can strike like a true striker (power & accuracy) and he can roll like a true tactician (not to mention his poise & demeanor in any situation).

But we can talk theory all day long, bottom line, being number one in Arena Football isn't the same as being number one in the NFL.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd like to see Lesnar fight some other huge guy to see how he responds to his own overwhelm with hugeness tactic. I vote that fat dope esch.
Oh gawd, another revolutionary argument.

Alright haters, you've pushed me to go Mullet on you, so here we go:

#1. Brock earned a 33-0 record in his senior year of high school.

#2. Brock won the Heavyweight bracket in the North Dakota State University's annual Bison Open Tournament.

#3. In 1998, Brock won his 2nd straight Bison Open title, and became the Heavyweight bracket champion in the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA). **In just 2 years at BJC, Brock had accumulated a 56-3 record.**

#4. Minnesota wrestling coach J Robinson watched Brock in awe at the Finals of the NJCAA and signed him to University Minnesota.

#5. Brock went 24-1 in his first year at Minnesota U, with his only loss coming from Iowa State's Trent Hynek (who was also a pimp and made it the NCAA 2000 semi-finals, losing to Wes Hand, who would then lose to Brock in the championship round).

#6 Year 2000: Brock earned a 26-1 record (with his only season defeat at the hands of a close 5-3 decision from Iowa's Wes Hand; Wes Hand is a wrestling legend in his own right and is Iowa U’s current wrestling coach).

#7. NCAA 2000, Division I Heavyweight Wrestling Championships, Brock raped his competition and avenges his loss to Wes Hand, and not just by points, but a definitive pin, which is the gauntlet of judgment in College Wresting.

Evidenced here:

YouTube - brock lesnar pinning wes hand

Yeah... Brock is all size and all bitch and can’t handle guys his own size. You’ve been Mulleted.

dave12

Awards
  • Established
Oh gawd, another revolutionary argument.

Alright haters, you've pushed me to go Mullet on you, so here we go:

#1. Brock earned a 33-0 record in his senior year of high school.

#2. Brock won the Heavyweight bracket in the North Dakota State University's annual Bison Open Tournament.

#3. In 1998, Brock won his 2nd straight Bison Open title, and became the Heavyweight bracket champion in the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA). **In just 2 years at BJC, Brock had accumulated a 56-3 record.**

#4. Minnesota wrestling coach J Robinson watched Brock in awe at the Finals of the NJCAA and signed him to University Minnesota.

#5. Brock went 24-1 in his first year at Minnesota U, with his only loss coming from Iowa State's Trent Hynek (who was also a pimp and made it the NCAA 2000 semi-finals, losing to Wes Hand, who would then lose to Brock in the championship round).

#6 Year 2000: Brock earned a 26-1 record (with his only season defeat at the hands of a close 5-3 decision from Iowa's Wes Hand; Wes Hand is a wrestling legend in his own right and is Iowa U’s current wrestling coach).

#7. NCAA 2000, Division I Heavyweight Wrestling Championships, Brock raped his competition and avenges his loss to Wes Hand, and not just by points, but a definitive pin, which is the gauntlet of judgment in College Wresting.

Evidenced here:

YouTube - brock lesnar pinning wes hand

Yeah... Brock is all size and all bitch and can’t handle guys his own size. You’ve been Mulleted.

How does any of this show how the guy deals with a guy with a 25 percent weight advantage?

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
How does any of this show how the guy deals with a guy with a 25 percent weight advantage?
Because everyone was bringing up theoretical situations, "what if he fought an opponent his own size," and assuming if that were the case, he'd get powned. My point was that he has matched against opponents his own size most of his competitive career and dominated just the same.

Has he "fought" anyone his weight in the UFC? Obviously not, but his biggest criticism is that he throws around opponents because they're so much lighter, as true as that statement holds validity, his career supports that he can throw around people his own size just the same. His records aren't just wining, they're outrageously dominating.

What about this don't you get?

dave12

Awards
  • Established
Because everyone was bringing up theoretical situations, "what if he fought an opponent his own size," and assuming if that were the case, he'd get powned. My point was that he has matched against opponents his own size most of his competitive career and dominated just the same.

Has he "fought" anyone his weight in the UFC? Obviously not, but his biggest criticism is that he throws around opponents because they're so much lighter, as true as that statement holds validity, his career supports that he can throw around people his own size just the same. His records aren't just wining, they're outrageously dominating.

What about this don't you get?
This whole thing smacks of Bob Sapp. I didn't say he couldn't do anything. I said I'd like to see it. I really would've liked to see it before everyone started yelling "he's the champ" and handing him wheelbarrows full of cash. Mir hasn't been right for years. He don't count.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This whole thing smacks of Bob Sapp. I didn't say he couldn't do anything. I said I'd like to see it. I really would've liked to see it before everyone started yelling "he's the champ" and handing him wheelbarrows full of cash. Mir hasn't been right for years. He don't count.
Haha. I thought Mir was a reborn fighter? Like a post Serra loss GSP. I don't think Lesnar is getting paid relative to his fighting talent, but in what kind of PPV numbers he can pull.

Speaking of which, I forgot which state UFC 101 was held at, but UFC 101 outdrew any of that states boxing events (I don't know if that particular state ever held any significant boxing events, but The UFC touching the light of a mainstream sport is a pretty big deal).

RobbyG66

Awards
Lesner is a freak athlete he isn't always the most technical fighter but he gets better with every fight and i think fedor would have trouble handling him. Until he stops dancing having to fight the best at his weight I won't give him the respect he deserves.