Affliction is the new eliteXC

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
Went under just like eliteXC. what was worse, Kimbo downfall or the Barnett trilogy breaker?

I have to say I am sad but this might just bring some real exciting fights to come!

Strikeforce needs to stay alive!

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Its a shame, but atleast now we'll get to see if fedor can handle the UFC and the diverse heavyweight division, lol. But seriously there will be a few interesting matchups.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
oh man Im too excited for fedor annihilating brock and co. this better not be another rumor because im gonna lose it if it is.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Not a rumor bro.
Ahhh it might be!!! just read another article where Vadim denies any contract in the works...WTF they are gonna get vitor,gerard, and everyone else but Fedor damnit

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Noted MMA Insider, Josh Gross of SI.com, spoke recently with Emelianenko's M-1 Global associate Apy Echteld who flatly denied that a deal was imminent.

"I can give you a guarantee it's not accurate," Apy Echteld of M-1 Global told SI.com.

Sources at both the LA Times and FiveKnuckles.com have confirmed that negotiations have indeed taken place between the two sides, a fact echoed by Echteld himself, but it's the nature of these negotiations which appear to be at odds.

Emelianenko is set to hold a press conference tomorrow to elaborate further on his future plans and where he'll end up in the wake of Afflictions demise. The press conference will hopefully shed light on the conflicting reports.

fivenuckles.com

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
these people negotiate like little ****in kids, so much money to be made but both sides are too dumb to see it

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I stand by the position that Fedor will never sign with the UFC; he recently announced that he is the main draw of the EA MMA game and Dana has said on record that no one in that game will fight in the UFC. There have been rumors for years about Fedor coming over to fight in the UFC, but I really don't see it happening because of Vadim.

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
I stand by the position that Fedor will never sign with the UFC; he recently announced that he is the main draw of the EA MMA game and Dana has said on record that no one in that game will fight in the UFC. There have been rumors for years about Fedor coming over to fight in the UFC, but I really don't see it happening because of Vadim.
No one, except Randy. But yeah, your estimation seems about right.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The deal that he apparently left on the table is almost unfathomable.

texaswolf

texaswolf

Awards
  • Established
Isn't the Russian owner of M-1 Fedor's manager? So why wouldn't Fedor just go to M-1 and start doing fights?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The deal that he apparently left on the table is almost unfathomable.
If that report is accurate, then I completely agree with you. Aleks has said that Vadim is holding back Fedor from signing with the UFC and, after reading that alleged contract, there is no reason for him not to sign. $5M per fight and allowed in combat Sambo?? Fck, take the damn offer.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
A six-fight $30 million dollar contract, making him, by far, the highest paid MMA fighter in history
An immediate title shot against Brock Lesnar
A cut of the Lesnar/Emelianenko PPV on top of the already exorbitant purse
Authorization to wear as many M-1 Global logo's as Fedor wished
Authorization for Fedor to compete in Combat Sambo tournaments

Watch after all that he loses to Brock. hahaha

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
Somethings not right. I'm gonna guess that there are some "theatrics" going on. I doubt they would walk away from that offer. There's NO downside to it. I would guess that them "walking away" is a ruse to add even more drama to Friday's press-conference. But then again, Finkelchtein seems SUPER-shady.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
ya thats a huge deal right there. didnt fitch or something was going to do the EA game but canceled and thats why dana screws with him now?

its going to be hard to get fedor, they dont like exclusive stuff and want to do a co promote thing. he needs to take that offer. if he goes to strikeforce then ill have to drive up to SJ and watch him!!!

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If I was Fitch I would have been pissed(unless he didnt want to in the game) since he wasn't in the UFC game. I mean he is supposed to be pretty high up their as far as welterweights in the rankings and they have some lesser guys on the game instead. Less publicity for him.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
its because they were mad at him. i forget why. he was acually released from the UFC one day and got hired back a day later lol.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol is that why at UFC 100 he had his fight messed with? Like he was supposed to be the 2nd fight on the main card but ended up going last. I swear NOBODY watched that fight even if the tv was still on lol.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
its because they were mad at him. i forget why. he was acually released from the UFC one day and got hired back a day later lol.
It was actually because of the game. The UFC wanted life time rights to all the fighters's likeness. Fitch didnt want to sign it because they were not going to be compensated any extra. So Dana threw a bitch fit and kicked him out. temporarily I suppose

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
ya that is gay because i met fitch and he is very cool.

on another note i lost respect for fedor today.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
ya that is gay because i met fitch and he is very cool.

on another note i lost respect for fedor today.
Hey you never know, it could be Dana feeding us a load of s h it that the contract was so lucrative. Definitely sucks that hes blindly following this promotion, you are right.

texaswolf

texaswolf

Awards
  • Established
I tend to go with the Dana White is feeding us a load of ****. He is nothing but an obnoxious ahole for the most part.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
yeah vitor knocks out his opponents and he wants him back haha. fedor needs to burn these 3 fights quick to get out of m1

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey you never know, it could be Dana feeding us a load of s h it that the contract was so lucrative. Definitely sucks that hes blindly following this promotion, you are right.
Damn, I think you're tire swing is hooked onto Fedor's testicles even tighter then mine. More power to ya. I suppose its just as well to watch Fedor tearing it up in another organization, but it's the UFC events that I get together with friends (along with the rest of the mass populous) and actually watch it like an exciting sports event, and not some personal, side interest, which seems to be the case when watching other organization. Plus, UFC gets the most mainstream media coverage and it would have just been cooler to see Fedor in the lime light.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ya it would have been nice to have people actually watch Fedor tear it up. U talk to most people and they know what UFC(in fact calling MMA UFC) is but having no idea about these other fight promotions.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ya it would have been nice to have people actually watch Fedor tear it up. U talk to most people and they know what UFC(in fact calling MMA UFC) is but having no idea about these other fight promotions.
When I heard people calling out for a Kimbo/Fedor fight, I knew it'd gotten out of hand, and I just realized how true your statement was, people calling MMA, the UFC.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
I get asked "Do you do UFC, or Are you training UFC" I laugh so hard. People suck.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
pitt6691 MMA 1
elscotto MMA 70
MMA 37
MrBrightside General Chat 57
jas123 MMA 6