bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
got i hope frank would own him.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
While it is very lame...... I did think it pretty close last time and Hendo hasn't proven anything by beating Bisping. I guess. Hendo jumping up in weight i assume.

L

loki515

Awards
tito and rich would be a awesome fight. titio is a beast very talented fighter imo

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
rich v. dan is so silly as a main event at this point. Back to 205 for dan again? Man, they must really want Maia at 185

B

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
im all for rematches but not this one ughhh....i feel like it just happenend! stann and cantwell are gonig for a third fight.....geez these WEC guys need to branch out. hendo or dan vs tito would be much better. i dont want rich or dan to lose anymore fights.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
im all for rematches but not this one ughhh....i feel like it just happenend! stann and cantwell are gonig for a third fight.....geez these WEC guys need to branch out. hendo or dan vs tito would be much better. i dont want rich or dan to lose anymore fights.
At the moment it looks like Stann and Canty will be under cards. The most unanticipated rematch of the year.

S

sonofsteven

Awards
  • Established
Hendo or dAN vs tito ? Im betting you meant Rich . I don't know what weight it will be fought at for sure but either way I don't see Hollywood gaining much if he beats franklin at 205 and see it the same way if Rich drops down and happens to beat Dan at 185 . I seem to remember a certain foulmouthed bald headed somebody saying with a degree of certainty (before ufc 100) that the winner of bisping/hendo would get a title shot at the spider . What happened to that ?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I saw this a few days ago and was pretty disappointed. Dan's next fight should have been the winner of Maia/Marquardt, which would coincide nicely for a shot at Anderson's title. What a ridiculous and pointless match-up: there was no desire to see this match-up, and nothing is really furthered in either fighter's career, considering they fight in different divisions.

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
neither guy is getting any younger either. So lets say Dan wins again, what does it do for him in the title picture? A shot at Anderson or a shot at Machida? Probably not. Hey the bright side is if Rich wins, they will go for Hendo v. Franklin III :rolleyes:

Keep in mind, I am a fan of both, and Hendo is probably one of my top 2 or 3 favorite fighters

S

sonofsteven

Awards
  • Established
This is such a letdown for the main event . However i WILL STILL BE WATCHING TO SEE Koscheck/Trigg , Dos Santos/Cro Cop , and Swick/Kampmann . Hope Kos war on Trigg .

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
neither guy is getting any younger either. So lets say Dan wins again, what does it do for him in the title picture? A shot at Anderson or a shot at Machida? Probably not. Hey the bright side is if Rich wins, they will go for Hendo v. Franklin III :rolleyes:

Keep in mind, I am a fan of both, and Hendo is probably one of my top 2 or 3 favorite fighters
I agree on the last part: I like both Franklin and Henderson, particularly because of their demeanor; however, this is a nonsensical fight, no matter how you slice it, ha! Franklin is a non-contender in both divisions, so a win over him really puts Hendo nowhere - very disappointing.

B

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
i dont even think hes talking about you dude. i think hes talking about the bout.

yeah i wanan see tito fight not franklin and hendo again.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
At the moment it looks like Stann and Canty will be under cards. The most unanticipated rematch of the year.
I duno about you but I like watching Stann fight. Balls out right away trying to either put someone away or get ktfod. Nasty power, hands are down, you can just see it coming for this guy lol Cantwell has some crafty subs for a big guy. Not the greatest fight but definitely wont go to a decision, you know.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Oh absolutely. He's great against stand up only people like his fight against the bald nazi biker Marshall, but Krzy didn't look to be in ANY trouble in the octo with Stann. Like either Krzy is that good (and I'm not ruling that out yet, he looks pretty promising) or Stann is not UFC material like he was WEC. If the Robot keeps it stand up like the previous fight it will be an exciting fight.

I just rewatched the Ander/Hendo fight this morning and I don't know if Dan could beat Anderson in a rematch but I'd love to see that again. Dan was putting the spurs to him for a few minutes.

B

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
i like stann and cantwell both. both good guys i wish they would both step it up tho.

hendo vs anderson II would be better then some of this oponents. 205 will be the test vs griffin. if griffin gets a decision tho ill be so freakin mad.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
yeah but for Griffin to make it a decision in his favor, he'd have to earn that shet. that would be something to see..

B

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
yeah i hope he brings it. i just hope it doesnt suck.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
stann is from my area so i should suport him, but in all reality he not a fighter who will make much noise in the ufc, he has knockout power but he is sooo one dimensional, just a big guy who thought he was a marine and could fight, it's all a punchers chance with him and in the ufc with talented guys it won't fair to well

B

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
yeah i agree hes an ok wrestler and not a good striker just good power and heart. i hope he wins some tho i got to support the marines.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
I think Forrest's main skill is eating shots and coming back even harder, and Anderson hasnt really fought a guy like that before. If anyone should beat him I think Forrest has the size and the toughness, but does he have the technique is the question.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
How much of a stud would he be to hand Anderson a defeat. I'd go nuts I tell ya

J

JNB

Awards
I wish I had more posts on this board because then I'd just be able to paste it, but Five Knuckles is reporting that a) Fedor and the UFC are finalizing a deal and b) Fedor Vs. Brock might happen at 103. :)

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I saw that as well, but it makes me wonder: if that is true, then why does Fedor have a press conference scheduled for Wednesday? This is two days prior to Dana's supposed announcement, so it makes me wonder; also, 103 seems a quick turnaround for a champion. The usual wait period is four events. Meh, we will see!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Update

by FiveKnuckles.com Staff on July 29, 2009

As we reported just a few hours ago, a source close to world consensus number one heavyweight Fedor Emelianenko confirmed, to FiveKnuckles.com, a recent LA Times report stating that Emelianenko was set to sign with the UFC and was holding preliminary talks with the organization about facing UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar at UFC 103.

Noted MMA Insider, Josh Gross of SI.com, spoke recently with Emelianenko's M-1 Global associate Apy Echteld who flatly denied that a deal was imminent.

"I can give you a guarantee it's not accurate," Apy Echteld of M-1 Global told SI.com.

Sources at both the LA Times and FiveKnuckles.com have confirmed that negotiations have indeed taken place between the two sides, a fact echoed by Echteld himself, but it's the nature of these negotiations which appear to be at odds.

Emelianenko is set to hold a press conference tomorrow to elaborate further on his future plans and where he'll end up in the wake of Afflictions demise. The press conference will hopefully shed light on the conflicting reports.

FiveKnuckles.com will bring you the very latest as this story continues to develop.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
According to a recent report from The Sun, Friday’s Dana White announcement will be slightly more hairstyle than it is threesome, at least for those of us in the US of A. The UK news outlet reports that the UFC will announce a deal with the newly formed UK ESPN channel to broadcast events across the pond, essentially replacing the deal the UFC had with the now-defunct Setanta Sports. The UK ESPN channel is reportedly set to launch on August 3, and they could turn right around and broadcast UFC 101 on August 8.

www.cagepotato.com

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have also heard that Hendo/Franklin II might not happen, that Belfort might get involved somewhere as he is going to be picked up shortly

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Reports out of Brazil have former Affliction: "Trilogy" combatant Vitor Belfort taking on the well traveled Moise Rimbon at Bitetti Combat in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil on Sept. 12.

If true the news puts rumors of Belfort's impending UFC signing in jeopardy.

fivenuckles.com

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
I read that Dan Lauzon is supposedly going to the UFC and maybe fighting in 103. This guy is a pud. His last fight IMO was far from interesting.

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Announced today is that Tito is back and 103 is Franklin v. Vitor at 205

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
I cant wait to see Franklin get f u ckin rushed by a vitor flurry into the fence, WAR BELFORT!!! just like the good old days

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
looks like its Tito v. Mark Coleman later in the year. Why Belfort at 205? Would have loved to see him at 185

B

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
yeah franklin vs vitor is way more interesting than hendo and frank II. colemen vs tito tho....ughhhh

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
looks like its Tito v. Mark Coleman later in the year. Why Belfort at 205? Would have loved to see him at 185
He is better at 205 because hes a big dude fast like 185. He usually does well against bigger guys, beating up Tank, Wandy. He has fought so many bigger guys: Couture, Chuck, even Heath herring. This is definitely a fight Im looking forward to.

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't think he will do as well at 205. I like him as an option at 185. Either way I am happy he is signed

S

sonofsteven

Awards
  • Established
I cant wait to see Franklin get f u ckin rushed by a vitor flurry into the fence, WAR BELFORT!!! just like the good old days
You really think Vitor can ko Rich ? IMHO I see Franklin decisioning him being more likely than anything . Would not mind seeing Belfort rise to the top though .

Great fight we will never see- Belfort vs. Baroni when they were both at their prime . Pure annihilation of someone .

B

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
pure roid rage vs roid charge! i hope franklin can stop vitor if not then i want vitor to win. decisions after that hamill kick.

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Further update has this fight at 195. I gotta agree, I see rich by ud which will hurt Vitor in the future, although Vitor v. Wandy II at 185 will be fun