Brock Lesnar has absolutely no class.

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
he is a disgrace. Everyone talks sh!t, theres no need to act that way after you win. He is a loser. He makes an ass out of himself. I hope someone destroys him, I cant stand the sight of him.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He learned from the WWE how to build heat. Sadly, he is what the UFC needs in the HW division.

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
He learned from the WWE how to build heat. Sadly, he is what the UFC needs in the HW division.
I hear ya. Doesnt change the fact that he is a fukcin toolbag, and I hope someone smashes his skull in.

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
I just got off work,.. didn't watch the fight,... what was Lesnar saying after the fight?

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I disagree man. I understand he is rough and needs to learn some manners, but for the majority of people... would you have touched gloves with an opponent who talked **** and called you an amateur for a whole year? Would you be respectful to the crowd who boos you when you clearly whoop a irrogant opponent who also runs his mouth? No, I think for the most part plenty of people would have acted similar.

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
I disagree man. I understand he is rough and needs to learn some manners, but for the majority of people... would you have touched gloves with an opponent who talked **** and called you an amateur for a whole year? Would you be respectful to the crowd who boos you when you clearly whoop a irrogant opponent who also runs his mouth? No, I think for the most part plenty of people would have acted similar.
True and on top of that,.. from what I saw, Lesnar had a lot of built up rage from the first fight and wanted revenge. Looking back at the first fight, and if I was Brock,.... I wouldnt like being stood up or having to tap out for like 5 seconds straight, waiting for the ref to do something about it. Put everything you said on top of that,...... equals a very MAD man.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
True and on top of that,.. from what I saw, Lesnar had a lot of built up rage from the first fight and wanted revenge. Looking back at the first fight, and if I was Brock,.... I wouldnt like being stood up or having to tap out for like 5 seconds straight, waiting for the ref to do something about it. Put everything you said on top of that,...... equals a very MAD man.
exactly, I know myself having been a wrestler/grappler and beginning training in boxing having a bout end way too quick is frustrating after having worked so hard leading up to it. I think Frank Mir did that to Brock first time around, I think he held it longer as a bit of an "F* You", but that is just my opinion. Brock did what anyone else would have done...

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
I mostly agree with you guys. But weren't the 16 or so punches to the head enough? You get up, scream and yell, do whatever you gotta do. But stay out of the guys face, he's humiliated enough. Especially after a beat down like that. Brock talked alot of sh*t right along with Mir before the fight.

Now to contradict myself, being that amped up with all that adrenaline rushing, I realize it's damn hard not too do it. Coupled with flicking off the crowd? He's an accomplished enough athlete that he should know how to handle winning in a humble manner.

His post fight interview with Rogan was flat out hilarious. Admittedly I enjoyed the hell out of that. I just really hope they don't play into his WWE persona too much. I really didn't need to see him walking down the aisle with Sable after the fight. I'm not so sure that I've EVER seen that before.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I mostly agree with you guys. But weren't the 16 or so punches to the head enough? You get up, scream and yell, do whatever you gotta do. But stay out of the guys face, he's humiliated enough. Especially after a beat down like that. Brock talked alot of sh*t right along with Mir before the fight.

Now to contradict myself, being that amped up with all that adrenaline rushing, I realize it's damn hard not too do it. Coupled with flicking off the crowd? He's an accomplished enough athlete that he should know how to handle winning in a humble manner.

His post fight interview with Rogan was flat out hilarious. Admittedly I enjoyed the hell out of that. I just really hope they don't play into his WWE persona too much. I really didn't need to see him walking down the aisle with Sable after the fight. I'm not so sure that I've EVER seen that before.
I honestly hate to even see Lesnar, period. He just wreaks of WWE, and everything he does, seems fake as **** to me.

We have watched some of the biggest rivals, with the most **** talking, step into the octagon, and after the fight all was forgotten, and hugs/hand shakes were exchanged. He showed a complete lack of class.

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
I honestly hate to even see Lesnar, period. He just wreaks of WWE, and everything he does, seems fake as **** to me.

We have watched some of the biggest rivals, with the most **** talking, step into the octagon, and after the fight all was forgotten, and hugs/hand shakes were exchanged. He showed a complete lack of class.
Exactly! I really liked how Silva held up GSP's hand after the fight. He knew he got owned, and he was showing respect and giving credit where it's due. Now it's not the first time thats ever happened lol, but it seems as if it doesn't happen enough. GSP and Hendo are also class acts. It's like....dude, you won the fight, handle yourself like an adult.

I'm not trying to take away at all the fact the he absolutely dominated Mir, and put a hurting on his face while doing it, but the lack of class really is a turn off.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
it goes both ways, people dont show him respect because they know he will be great, and they dont think he should have had a title shot that early on. He is a true heavy weight. He was a little extreme tonight but I think Frank Mir had it coming to him, talking a ton of trash. He didnt really do much when he beat Randy Colture because Randy didnt talk a buncha crap.

I will agree though he could have done without doing all that but like AE14 said he is from the WWE and lets face it Sable is his wife, thats just what he knows.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
All these new school kids learned from muhammad ali, aka Cassius Clay. I'm a ameteur fighter - more than one form - and almost all fighting styles preach humility and respect. Problem is, once it is televised, trash talking equals press. You have to create buzz by being an a** to get hype for the fight.

texaswolf

texaswolf

Awards
  • Established
Hopefully Dana White schedules a 1 or 2 fight contract for Fedor and all these young 20 something Tapout UFC fan tools learn what MMA is all about. UFC would make so much money from this it wouldn't matter when Fedor destroyed Lesnar and just walks away with the belt. Make it happen Dana White for ****s sake.

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
He kept it real and turned Mirs face into hamburger. I cant stand when guys talk **** pre fight then hug between every round. Haha the only thing funnier than this fight was watching Bispings British ass knocked cold. I could watch his head bounce off the canvas for hours on end. Can I sweep ya chimney govna?

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
He kept it real and turned Mirs face into hamburger. I cant stand when guys talk **** pre fight then hug between every round. Haha the only thing funnier than this fight was watching Bispings British ass knocked cold. I could watch his head bounce off the canvas for hours on end. Can I sweep ya chimney govna?
That was great. That was a brutal shot, coupled with his head off the mat, then Hendo nailing him again. He's gonna be in space until tomorrow. He was straight the f**k out of it. Was good to see Henderson run through him like that. Bisping just is NOT on his level.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
it goes both ways, people dont show him respect because they know he will be great, and they dont think he should have had a title shot that early on. He is a true heavy weight. He was a little extreme tonight but I think Frank Mir had it coming to him, talking a ton of trash. He didnt really do much when he beat Randy Colture because Randy didnt talk a buncha crap.

I will agree though he could have done without doing all that but like AE14 said he is from the WWE and lets face it Sable is his wife, thats just what he knows.
nah he did disrespect the natural a little bit. i don't know if it was the pre show or the 100 best fights but he says something like I saw a little man I'm going to smash. Might not be much of anything but I think captain america deserves a little more than that. And a bunch of fighters get boo'd but then earn the respect of the fans (josh koscheck) but this guy flips them off and pushes some bouncers around and some doctor guy or whatever walks up to him and he's all, the hell you want. No denying he's someone you love to hate but I'll love even more to see another fighter take him down a peg again.
LOL I think Mir was thinking, I'm goin back to poppin PILLS!!!

also WWE or not, if he's learning the discipline of MMA he should learn the respect as well or wind up getting RASHADED:D

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
I'm not saying it has to be rainbows and gumdrops after the fight, but to get in mirs face as SOON as he gets helped up? There is a reason the crowd boo's him. He disrespected Randy, and after the herring fight he ran around the ring doing herrings lasso move. Give me a break. The guy is a retard. I hope, as stated before, that they bring Fedor in and he not only beats Brock, but ends his career. Hd doesnt have to walk up to mir and make out with him, but after hendo ko'ed bisping he didnt see if he was ok, but he didnt stand over bispings lifeless body screaming at him either. Thats the difference.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Eh, he doesn't know how to turn the switch off just yet. It's like when me and my Unit come back from downrange and have to lock our M4's up so we don't use that as our communication tool. Sadly, some do not know how to lock up or switch off that emotion. Give him some time. In all honesty, I'm sure Dana has his hand in his, "persona," so it builds more excitement up. People pay to watch the person they hate hopefully get destroyed, correct? A little page from the playbook of WWE's money-draw. Food for thought.

Regardless, watching Pissping getting KTFO followed by a gravity bomb was priceless! That was worth the money I paid to watch it. It was the highlight of the fight, in my opinion. I cannot stand that SOB.

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
Sportsmanship is something new to Lesnar, something he hasnt grasped yet with his 5x size gloves. He WILL lose, its just inevitable.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Eh, he doesn't know how to turn the switch off just yet. It's like when me and my Unit come back from downrange and have to lock our M4's up so we don't use that as our communication tool. Sadly, some do not know how to lock up or switch off that emotion. Give him some time. In all honesty, I'm sure Dana has his hand in his, "persona," so it builds more excitement up. People pay to watch the person they hate hopefully get destroyed, correct? A little page from the playbook of WWE's money-draw. Food for thought.
Exactly, he is the best thing for the UFC right now. HE gets them more main stream coverage, more PPV buys, and hell they are now getting into the action figure world, his will sell out quickly. All about $$$$$

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
All these new school kids learned from muhammad ali, aka Cassius Clay. I'm a ameteur fighter - more than one form - and almost all fighting styles preach humility and respect. Problem is, once it is televised, trash talking equals press. You have to create buzz by being an a** to get hype for the fight.
Dont forget where Ali got it from.... Gorgeous George and the early pro wrestlers. The more heat you get, the more people will pay to see you get smashed. However, right now Lesnar is better than most expected, and is getting better every fight

Future

LEsnar had alot of doubters once he transitioned to MMA. Remember he flopped trying to play pro football with the Vikings. He was always thought to have been a good wrestler among hacks in college. He was not that good a collegiate guy. And obviously being the the WWF hurt him as well. Still, he should show some class. HE is why I dont care for MMA anymore. TOO many big mouths with no respect for martials arts. Honestly he isnt an MMA guy anyway...just a brawler. He isn't very skilled. Just strong and big. I would venture Tank Abbott back in the day would clean his clock.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Indeed. He spoke about just that in one of his many books. He was/is a huge wrestling fan, and modeled his persona as so. He once said that in order to re-invent yourself, you must re-invent the fan's perspective first. True words from a brilliant fighter.
Dont forget where Ali got it from.... Gorgeous George and the early pro wrestlers. The more heat you get, the more people will pay to see you get smashed. However, right now Lesnar is better than most expected, and is getting better every fight

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Dude Tank Abbot, no matter what stage of his career, is not cleaning any current UFCer's clock. And that includes all weight classes.

but i agree with everything you said up until that part.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Exactly! I am also growing a bit tired of the constant "hand-pound" at every major juncture in the round and/or fight; once is enough, IMO.

When it comes down to it, Mir came in [...relatively...] unprepared from a game-plan standpoint, and chose instead to play psychological games with Brock Lesnar; obviously, this was a poor choice given the end circumstances.

In respects to his persona: I think that is actually the person Brock is, and this stems from watching some old footage from his NCAA wrestling career. IMO, this is not a marketing scam, and I doubt he will become massively humble anytime soon.

Future

Dude Tank Abbot, no matter what stage of his career, is not cleaning any current UFCer's clock. And that includes all weight classes.

but i agree with everything you said up until that part.
I'm not so sure. Not alot of good strikers any more. Lesnar is a monster no question but I think much like people feared Tyson if someone with a "Holliefield" approach takes the fight to him they will do well.

jp17815

jp17815

Awards
  • Established
I'm not so sure. Not alot of good strikers any more. Lesnar is a monster no question but I think much like people feared Tyson if someone with a "Holliefield" approach takes the fight to him they will do well.
Or lose an ear in the process. lol.

JP.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
If MMA is to continue it's growth they need people like lesnar with attitudes. Silva and GSP holding hands was cute but seriously. Were all watching MMA to see guys beat each other to a pulp. I want to see someone get knocked out and talk trash I don't give a rats a$$ about them playing nice after a fight. Honestly enough of the this politically correct, trophy for 10th place, can't we all be friends, crap! Man up and let's see some grudges and revenge. It makes for pissed off crazy fighters and better entertainment which is all MMA is.

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
If MMA is to continue it's growth they need people like lesnar with attitudes. Silva and GSP holding hands was cute but seriously. Were all watching MMA to see guys beat each other to a pulp. I want to see someone get knocked out and talk trash I don't give a rats a$$ about them playing nice after a fight. Honestly enough of the this politically correct, trophy for 10th place, can't we all be friends, crap! Man up and let's see some grudges and revenge. It makes for pissed off crazy fighters and better entertainment which is all MMA is.
Dude I don't think anyone wants to necessarily see hugs and kisses. I think people want to see respect.

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
LEsnar had alot of doubters once he transitioned to MMA. Remember he flopped trying to play pro football with the Vikings. He was always thought to have been a good wrestler among hacks in college. He was not that good a collegiate guy. And obviously being the the WWF hurt him as well. Still, he should show some class. HE is why I dont care for MMA anymore. TOO many big mouths with no respect for martials arts. Honestly he isnt an MMA guy anyway...just a brawler. He isn't very skilled. Just strong and big. I would venture Tank Abbott back in the day would clean his clock.
Hacks in college? Not that good of a collegiate wrestler? The man was a 2x national champion. Just a brawler? Wrestling has been around for 2500 years and IS a martial art. Being a 2x national champ makes him a more accredited "martial artist" than 99% of professional fighters. Just because he doesnt meditate and talk about chi and intracacies of maneuvers and all that bull**** doesnt mean hes not a skilled fighter. And Tank would clean his clock? Jesus Christ.......

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
The only thing Tank Abbott is cleaning right now are toilets. Even back in the day if he had to fight anyone with some skill he lost. Put him in the ring with someone as fat as him and he knocks them out, put him in with Vitor Belfort or Don Frye and he loses. Simple. I loved watching Don Frye lock his arms around his double chin and submit him. LOVED IT!

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
It is most definitely not about being politically correct, it is about not acting like an over the top, moron. That is seriously exactly how a WWE match would end. I just found it annoying, and hope that doesn't become the trend.

What next? They are going to all have "character names" and come out in costumes? They going to get in fake altercations, backstage?

I guess i just prefer the attitude of someone like Machida.

Mo250

Awards
I do think it is funny people are going "OMG brock is bad for MMA" and **** for beating the **** out of someone he didn't seem to like and then not hugging immediately afterwards.

But, if you check the interwebz, people think it is funny Hendo landed that shot on the ground on bisbing.. when he knew he was out cold... on purpose....

which one is really "bad for mma"... Lesnar not liking Mir or Hendo getting in a huge extra shot on purpose after bisbing was out cold?

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I do think it is funny people are going "OMG brock is bad for MMA" and **** for beating the **** out of someone he didn't seem to like and then not hugging immediately afterwards.

But, if you check the interwebz, people think it is funny Hendo landed that shot on the ground on bisbing.. when he knew he was out cold... on purpose....

which one is really "bad for mma"... Lesnar not liking Mir or Hendo getting in a huge extra shot on purpose after bisbing was out cold?
You don't stop till the ref jumps in.. That is not new.

No one asked him to hug Mir, just not to act like an over the top douche. Dana White obviously has an opinion about it, or he would not have apologized like that.

Mo250

Awards
You don't stop till the ref jumps in.. That is not new.

No one asked him to hug Mir, just not to act like an over the top douche. Dana White obviously has an opinion about it, or he would not have apologized like that.

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
It should be noted that Brock hated his time in the WWE, and actually left so he could really fight again, as he did in college. He's trying to put the fake shyt behind him, and be all he can be.

Mo250

Awards
I think most MMA fans, deep down, are pissed because a relative unknown, with minimal skills comparatively, has run through some very good fighters. And I think, what is most upsetting, outside of his assinine antics, is the forced realization that strength, size, and power can beat skill. All of those hours in the gym for the MMA trainee are wiped out when someone bigger, more powerful, and stronger kicks your ass through brute force. In short, Lesnar is the new Tito Ortiz, with the same attitude, ground and pound game, however Tito was a bit more under control.

Lesnar is a beast and he is improving. However, he has no real reason to improve much more because he is making easy work of some of the best. IMO he has made a mockery of the UFC heavy division because of the supposed "sacredness" of years of training being necessary is bull****, just be big, strong, and powerful, and don't get submitted. Yes, he trains, but it is for a short time compared to all of the top ranked guys.

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I couldn t agree more, if you actually listen to lesner talk when hes calm he seems like a kool down to earth guy, and mir is a big ugly moron who talked a ton of smack for a year! i for one loved seeing lesner foaming and spitting with fckn rage, Mir is done, he got wooped and I bet we never see him fight again.

I for one think Lesner is better than Mir in every single way, including as a man. I also bet if Mir won he would have done something just as insane and unclassy as Lesner did!

Mo250

Awards
I couldn t agree more, if you actually listen to lesner talk when hes calm he seems like a kool down to earth guy, and mir is a big ugly moron who talked a ton of smack for a year! i for one loved seeing lesner foaming and spitting with fckn rage, Mir is done, he got wooped and I bet we never see him fight again.

I for one think Lesner is better than Mir in every single way, including as a man. I also bet if Mir won he would have done something just as insane and unclassy as Lesner did!
Everyone talks trash prefight, which makes the fights somewhat compelling. It's what you do after you win

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Everyone talks trash prefight, which makes the fights somewhat compelling. It's what you do after you win
Ya maybe, but what the fck do you truly think Mir would have done?

Laughable that most of you think this slimeball Mir would have any more class at all.

ahendi

Awards
Lesnar has no class getting in mirs face and flicking the crowd off. I can't wait until someone bigger and badder comes along to dethrone him, because it will happen

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I bet you it doesnt, Lesner is a bad fckn dude and none of us can truly know how mad lesner was at how mir disrespected him, I think Mir just got what he deserved and is eating his words right now...that is if he can eat right now.

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
imo!..lesner shows a lack of professionalisim in the sport,a true champion shows respect and sportsmanship no matter what!..he needs to realize that he has become a representative to the sport and a role model to the young people out there.he needs to set a good example to the next generation of up and coming fighters!...imo!

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I do agree under most circumstances, and I dont see lesner doing that to just any guy, like I said none of us know how it feels to be called an amateur for a year and a bum, Mir got what he deserved, I think hes overrated and probably will never fight for a title again.

texaswolf

texaswolf

Awards
  • Established
I think Dana White made some comments in the post-fight press conference last night about making a play for Fedor once his contract with Affliction is up in August. They definitely need to do that.

swole210

swole210

Awards
  • Established
Lesnar has no class getting in mirs face and flicking the crowd off. I can't wait until someone bigger and badder comes along to dethrone him, because it will happen
I just can't wait till someone doesn't let his big azz fall on them and hold them down until he is able to do the retarted version of the "Hulk Smash" on their face!! If someone can do that and ware him out a bit......

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
off the topic of Lesner...why in the hell are so many of you all fans Of Frank Mir? Hes just as big a slime ball as any! ya maybe lesner showed no class but for Mirs entire career he has been overrated and a underachiever.