Clay Guida... (spoiler from Guida x Sanchez) - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

Clay Guida... (spoiler from Guida x Sanchez)

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.

i think awhile ago there was 2 heavy weights and a guy on the bottom was doing damage.it is very rare but so bad ass.

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  235 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteguy29 View Post
    i think awhile ago there was 2 heavy weights and a guy on the bottom was doing damage.it is very rare but so bad ass.
    Last season of UFer a LHW was beating the crap out of the guy on top. But he still lost, even though he did most of the damage.
  3. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

I often wonder if Diego gets too little credit because he is such a phenomenal weirdo. Prior to his two decision losses - one a unanimous against Kos; the other a split against Fitch - he was 17-0, and currently has a 21-2 record. He hasn't necessarily fought what I would consider the absolute best competition, but it has been fairly tough. I am liking Diego more and more lately.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  275 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    I often wonder if Diego gets too little credit because he is such a phenomenal weirdo. Prior to his two decision losses - one a unanimous against Kos; the other a split against Fitch - he was 17-0, and currently has a 21-2 record. He hasn't necessarily fought what I would consider the absolute best competition, but it has been fairly tough. I am liking Diego more and more lately.
    I agree completely. The other day I was talking to someone who was saying how he in no way deserves a title shot after another win. Its funny how there are people like Guida whose only legit talent is not getting knocked out and have this huge fanbase and Diego really doesnt get any recognition, even though he himself has never been knocked out.

I do think he needs to be stronger in the LW division though. His cuts seem to leave him a little weak as he even said after the fight with Guida.
  5. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

I definitely agree, and that is something I stated before as well. He was average as a WW in terms of strength, and rather than import some of that strength, his strength loss seems to be proportionate to his weight loss; he is, more or less, now average in terms of strength as a LW. With some strength and conditioning, though, I think Diego could do some damage. Oh, and some improvements to his guard.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.

no, i do believe people remember his streak and know hes good. the media does make him look werid by saying hes regrouping himself and all this.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Yeah, as much as I get irritated at seeing him win, he is great fighter. I think Dana wants someone to take out BJ real bad and was probably happy as hell Diego moved down. Assuming he didn't go to Diego with the idea in the first place. If Ken can't put the spurs to Bj, I think Diego will for sure. It be nice to first see a knock out from him at this weight.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

I know people with family from Northwestern New Mexico. They are interesting people to say the least, so I am not at all surprised that Sanchez is so eccentric. People in that part of the country are very unique in their history and how they live their lives.

I enjoy watching Sanchez fight though because he is so intense and optimistic. He seems like he was probably that odd, little dweeb of a kid in middle school that would just go off on you unexpectedley if you bad mouthed him.
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Middle school possibly...
    He told Stephen Bonnar that he used to hide in the bushes at frat houses and jump out at the last second and knock people out and take off running. He wasn't the sensitive kid that his family thought they had...
    Stephen's stories were a lot more cool... he said that most guys at bars took him as some pretty boy and would start sh!t with him and he would end up showing them otherwise.
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.

haha i love stephen. too bad he took bold and hasnt done great as of late. i still feel bad for him losing those 2 to forrest.
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

He was good too. Had a win over Jardine. Now he's fighting guys older than my dad.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Hardest NFL Hitter:Clay Matthews -or- Troy Polamolu
    By TheMeatus101 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 02-01-2012, 08:22 PM
  2. UFC 107 Penn/Sanchez
    By Whitesnake in forum General Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-23-2009, 07:13 PM
  3. Guida v. Schiavo on UFN 13
    By TheMouth in forum MMA
    Replies: 21