franklin vs wanderlei

time lord

time lord

Awards
the betting lines on this are averaging out to franklin -160 silva +130....

agree or disagree?

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Did you watch the Frankin V.S Silva fight yet? it was live at 3pm.

time lord

time lord

Awards
yes... i don't even know what to say... wanderlei fights like he's 50's years old. it's so sad. not only does he refuse to evolve, but he has even stopped doing what worked best for him in the past, i.e. vicious kicks, knees, and general explosiveness. i would argue that he's de-evolved. if he can't turn it around soon he should honestly just retire for his own good... i think he's just wayyyy too punch drunk these days even though he's only 33. it definately pains me to say all this b/c he's definately one of my favorite fighters. rip wanderlei

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I feel for Wandy. His time is done. I don't know how competitive he will be at 185 either.

On a side note, after an unimpressive win, Cro Cop leaves the UFC again. That took balls. I think its for the best as he couldn't beat top guys anymore.

B

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
cro crop is a ****ING joke now. what an ass. he needs to fight untested for steroids

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow, that is pathetic. I cannot believe I was this excited for a refocused CroCop to return. Damn, what a waste.

B

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
I think screwing dana is kinda funny but he did it because UFC bashes him cuz he sucks now, so he turned down a few fighters like cain and maybe carwin and took this guy who didnt look that bad but did get rocked then couple seconds later got a bad poke to the eye. he just pisses me off. i hope he gets kneed to the balls again, well if his balls are even normal size anymore

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
It's sad to watch Wanderlei these days... Really sucks the point he's at right now. His fights are not even all that exciting anymore as it seems like he's always taking a beating and here I am, just hoping he may catch someone. But he's never ahead on any of his fights anymore. Really sad.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
A lot of negativity here....I came into this fight with lower expectations of Wand and CC so I wasn't really disappointed in the night. I thought Franklin-Silva was a very entertaining fight. Franklin would pick Wand apart, but Wand still was able to flurry and hurt Rich twice. Wand's conditioning sucked because he doesn't know how to cut weight at all. He still "hearted it out" and hung tough. Close fight really, but Rich definitely deserved the nod for rounds 1 and 3.

As for CC, I thought his strength and TD defense looked pretty good. He threw Al Turk off him easily a couple of times, but he took a few punches that never should have landed. He was probably on the verge of a finish before the eye poke, but it wasn't too impressive of a performance. His rhythm and speed are just not there.

Cain did about as well as he should have. He's inexperienced and needs work on his striking, but this is to be expected. He recovered well from getting rocked so that's a good sign. He has no chance against Lesnar and needs some more fights before getting a title shot. I like Cain-Dos Santos next. He'll need to fix the holes in his striking because Dos has big power.

Hardy proved a lot against Davis, but he'll have trouble with a solid wrestler. I kind of like Swick-Hardy next.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You weren't in the least bit excited at the prospect of CroCop head-kicking his way to glory once more?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh, and apparently CC signing with DREAM is a rumor. And Ito, for you: Lee Murray tried to break out of jail again.

HarryManback

HarryManback

Awards
Mirko is still sweet. All those Russians are hardcore with there contracts. Only Americans care much for the UFC anyway. I don't know if Franklin has the firepower needed to win the 205 class. Oh and burn on Liddel and Franklin by the UFC for using there domolishings to promote the new game.

S

sonofsteven

Awards
  • Established
It breaks my heart when the Axe Murderer loses . He is a hall of famer if ever there was one . WAR WAND!!-All the way to the nursing home.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Oh, and apparently CC signing with DREAM is a rumor. And Ito, for you: Lee Murray tried to break out of jail again.
Of course, I knew about Murray trying to escape. I'd say he's still about a #7 MW right :dunno:

Yeah, the high-kick KO is fun and sure to generate excitement, but who knows with Mirko lately and post-knee surgery. I don't get my hopes up for him after his last 4 fights. His kicks just weren't that explosive in any of his UFC fights.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Of course, I knew about Murray trying to escape. I'd say he's still about a #7 MW right :dunno:

Yeah, the high-kick KO is fun and sure to generate excitement, but who knows with Mirko lately and post-knee surgery. I don't get my hopes up for him after his last 4 fights. His kicks just weren't that explosive in any of his UFC fights.
Totally true: I suppose I simply bought into Mirko's refocused BS. This being said, I read on several sites that CC's DREAM signing is just a rumor. Who knows.

J

JZ7757

Awards
  • Established
^^ We shall see. Even if it is, he still may have a hard time neog. any further with Dana. Larenzo may have to take over this one, lol.

B

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
yeah i hate seeing wand lose too because hes still such a warrior inside. hes in it to put on a good show. hes an awesome guy. it was pretty good fight. cain was good but has wholes in his game he got caught like 3-4 times hahaha good recovery tho and gnp. I hope he generates a little more power tho to become more flashy. i think carwin would rock him : /

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mirko is still sweet. All those Russians are hardcore with there contracts. Only Americans care much for the UFC anyway. I don't know if Franklin has the firepower needed to win the 205 class. Oh and burn on Liddel and Franklin by the UFC for using there domolishings to promote the new game.
He's Croatian.

Wand looked old and slow, but IDK if that was because of the cut or just a sign of things to come. CC looked about average, but he did what he needed to do. Uno got absolutely robbed against Fisher, though.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
He's Croatian.

Wand looked old and slow, but IDK if that was because of the cut or just a sign of things to come. CC looked about average, but he did what he needed to do. Uno go absolutely robbed and Fisher, though.
I was cheering for Uno, but that decision came out how I saw it: Spencer won the first 2. I don't really see how Uno could have won, but saying he got "absolutely robbed" is way overboard.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was cheering for Uno, but that decision came out how I saw it: Spencer won the first 2. I don't really see how Uno could have won, but saying he got "absolutely robbed" is way overboard.
I thought he won the 2nd and 3rd (Fisher definitely won the 1st). Overall, I thought he won the fight based upon control and implementing his gameplan.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Honestly, it was such a snoozer that I probably won't rewatch the 2nd to decide whether my gut reaction was right. Spencer TD defense looked much better than in the past.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Honestly, it was such a snoozer that I probably won't rewatch the 2nd to decide whether my gut reaction was right. Spencer TD defense looked much better than in the past.
That it was.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
My highlights were 2 things:
1~the exchange of words between Mike and Ben.
2~the second time Wandy motioned to the croud Rich throws a body kick. Rich had to have been like oh that was gay of me...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
VolcomX311 MMA 4
Rodja MMA 15
Rodja MMA 3
jas123 MMA 21
TheMouth MMA 0